Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,525 members, 7,837,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

Dad Series With Nursekhapie - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Dad Series With Nursekhapie (1358 Views)

My Dad Gave N3m To His Boss' Wife To Buy Vehicle For Him, Now He's Dead / Lady Justifies Why Her Dad Is Married To 6 Wives, Says He Is Too Cute (Photos) / My Dad Cheated On My Mum Before She Died And He's Still Doing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 2:14pm On Dec 12, 2021
Let us be honest,becoming a father is an extremely important life event for a man.

Most men are surprised by a host of unexpected challenges and can experience new emotions, feelings and changes initiated by the transition into parenthood.

A father’s involvement can have a positive impact on maternal well-being and coping abilities, pregnancy outcomes, parental roles and the child’s continued physical, mental, behavioural, social and emotional development.

However, during pregnancy and childbirth many fathers have reported being ignored by healthcare professionals and feeling invisible, uninvited and uncomfortable.

Now more than ever, men need a community of other men sharing in their struggle and joy, just showing up and being real about fatherhood.

This thread is for men who want a space to be honest and vulnerable about their experience and open to learning.

We will be talking about:

❇️ What men wish they knew before their wife got pregnant.

❇️ What they will love to know about pregnancy and hormonal changes .

❇️ Conditions in pregnancy

❇️ Adjustment to body image and identity of the spouse during pregnancy and after delivery.

❇️ Sex and pleasure strategies during pregnancy and after delivery.

❇️ Perinatal depression in Men and women

❇️ Relationship and parenting with spouse.

❇️ Dealing with a pregnancy loss/miscarriage

To all dads… old , new or expecting, know that you don’t have to be alone .

I am here to support you through your parenting journey���

Welcome to the Dad Series with NurseKhaphie��

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 7:20am On Dec 13, 2021
Why a father’s role is important to a healthy pregnancy

Pregnancy is one of the most important , stressful and yet glorious periods of a woman and her partner’s life.

The emotional and physical health of a woman during this period has significant effect on fetal health, successful delivery, breastfeeding and postpartum recovery.

The World Health Organization (WHO) reports that every 2 minutes, a woman dies from pregnancy and delivery related complications cry cry cry but 99% of these deaths could be prevented.

WHO has defined the father’s participation in safe motherhood programs as facilitating access or and use of perinatal care, increasing awareness and participating in delivery preparation programs.

Women who benefits from the support of their husbands during pregnancy:

• Feel more empowered to tolerate the pressure and difficulties of pregnancy.

• Have fewer health problems and more positive feelings about their changing bodies.

• Better tolerate and make informed decisions about delivery options.

• More easily adapt to having an infant after delivery and have positive postpartum recovery experience

A father is not ancillary to a baby’s development and life but is absolutely vital.

You are an integral part of her care before, during and after the birth of your baby.

Congratulations to you both and enjoy the journey.

Dad Series with NurseKhaphie��

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 8:46am On Dec 14, 2021
Why Dad Series with NurseKhaphie

In my over a decade experience as a nurse and mom, I have come to realize that better engagement of dads play a critical role in supporting mothers, decreasing risk and improving the integrity and resilience of the family unit.

The experiences of dads today are in many ways suboptimal and better support for dads will:

• Improve their engagement in fatherhood.

• Enhance the father-infant bond and co-parenting between both parents.

• Transform their experience and,

• And importantly will improve health outcomes not just for the father but for the child, for the mother, the family and society at large.

It’s a win win for everybody.

Dad Series will NurseKhaphie will focus on;

• Increasing availability of dad-specific/dad-focused resources that will enable dads to gain the
information they need in order to be properly prepared for parenthood.

• Improving engagement and involvement of dads throughout the perinatal period with reference to all elements of the antenatal, birth and postnatal experiences.

• Dads-only support groups allowing dads-to-be and new dads to seek out and find the support that they need in order to share their worries and concerns.

Join us for the maiden edition of Dad Series with NurseKhaphie �������� on club house.

Theme: Evolving, Bonding and Thriving in Fatherhood.

Topic: Why Dads Matter..

Date: 15th December 2021

Time: 8pm WAT
12pm EST
1pm CST

Speaker: Kafayat Popoola , USA
( Registered Nurse, Mental Health Advocate, wife, and mom)

Moderator: Mariam Adepoju, MBA
( Ex banker, wife, mom, YouTube Coach and relocation consultant)

https://www.clubhouse.com/join/dad-series-with-nursekhaphie/f4yADx7f/MOAdE8YE

You can use the link to download clubhouse app from Playstore/Applestore to register and join the room.

Follow me on my other social media handles for more valuable contents , questions , clarification and suggestions.

Facebook: Kafayat Odunewu
Instagram: NurseKhaphie-hub
LinkedIn: Kafayat Popoola

Welcome to Dad Series with NurseKhaphie ��

One love always

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 7:30am On Dec 15, 2021
What Dads should know about Pregnancy

A father can play an important role in his partner’s pregnancy. Your job as a father begins long before your baby is born.

Pregnancy is an amazing, scary, beautiful, anxiety inducing nine month ride for both the moms-to-be and dads-to-be alike.

Most dad wish they could have a little first hand knowledge before their wife is pregnant for the first time

Fortunately, I am here to help as much as I can with information and support grin wink

� Each pregnancy is incredibly unique and completely different, right up till delivery. Expect the unexpected, it rarely goes according to plan undecided

� Cravings are real. She will probably have many cravings throughout her pregnancy. Keep her happy by going to get those fries or chocolate at 10 p.m. It might be a little inconvenient for you, but it will make her happy. A happy wife is a happy life.

� Women will typically gain 25-35 pounds (11-15kg) during their pregnancy.

� She will probably become tired because she is growing another life inside her. Her body is hard at work making the necessary changes to accommodate your baby. She may also experience restless sleep, causing her to be more tired. Remember that she is tired so support accordingly.

� A symptom of pregnancy is going the bathroom, a lot. Getting up several times throughout the night to use the bathroom will become a routine for her. That 2 hour car ride with no stops will turn into a 2 and 15 minute car ride with two stops. She’s not happy about it either, so no complaining from your end.

� There will be a lot of pillows that start appearing on your bed. In time, you may find that there is no room for you anymore. She will probably start cuddling with a giant body pillow instead of you. Don’t take it personal, she is just trying to get as comfortable as possible.

� Her body is stretching, shifting and moving in all directions, there is bound to be aches and pains. She is carrying additional weight that her body has to support. This extra weight will cause stress on the lower back. Back massages are a great relief for her at the end of the day. Massages in general are a must for pregnant women. Whether they are foot, back, or hip massages, it is your job to help her out. Relieve as much tension as possible.

� There are moments where you can’t really help because during pregnancies, there are times of discomfort or pain that you cannot mend. Being there physically is helpful but there will be times when your partner want to be left alone, don’t take it personal if she asks for some space, she just may need to handle things on her own.

� Be careful what you cook or wear as she will be incredibly sensitive to smells. My advice is to be careful with anything and I mean anything that can be fragrant grin

� Hyperemesis gravidarum is not morning sickness, it is the severe form and she is not finding it any funny. Please be supportive

� Understand your wife’s/partner’s love language because there are so many times during pregnancy that you are going to want to help your wife and she’s going to want you to help her but she can’t verbalize or even really come up with a way for you to help. Having a default list of things you can do when you don’t have clear instructions is key.

�Do not neglect date night with her. Take advantage of and enjoy the free time before the baby comes.

� You are going to be terrified, you are going to question everything you do and know. And you are going to be fine.

� Your partner is just as anxious as you are if not more. Be each other’s support system..

Hope this helps, which of the above resonates with you?

Feel free to add more points in the comment section.

Your favorite nurse
NurseKhaphie

when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large

1 Like

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 10:23am On Dec 16, 2021
The maiden edition of Dad series with NurseKhaphie was held yesterday on club house

I was wowed by the attendance and the discussion was lit .

Here are a few points from our discussion;

❇️ The experience of dad and the support they get are in many ways suboptimal cry cry

❇️ There is a “father factor” in all of the societal ills facing the world today.

❇️ New parenthood is a time of huge change in both men’s and women’s lives. It can create new pressures and stresses associated with changes in lifestyle, couple relationships , worries about money and general anxiety.

❇️ Most men don’t like talking about their emotions but fatherhood requires talking otherwise it can be a pretty rough ride.

❇️ These days call for better support and engagement of men as they play a critical role in the lives of their partner and children.

❇️ Improved support of men will improve the integrity and resilience of family and society at large.

❇️ Without vital support, help and a space to express his internal experience, a man may feel a real sense of isolation which might lead to deterioration in his mental health, difficulties within his intimate relationships, impact on his job, increase reliance on addictive substances and risk taking behaviors among others.

❇️ It is critical we all work together to improve the support and outcome for fathers, families and our community at large.

The question now is;

❇️ Would you be joining us in supporting and empowering our men to evolve , bond and thrive in their roles as fathers for a better outcome for us all?

Click on the link below to listen to the replay of the maiden edition and join the community.

https://www.clubhouse.com/room/ma4Kjabq

“ when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large”.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 9:28am On Dec 17, 2021
� Looking after an infant is often a challenge for both parents.

� It is increasingly recognised that postnatal depression and other perinatal mental illnesses and disorders can be experienced by men as well as women.

� Becoming a father and experiencing fatherhood can be a stressful and isolating experience.

� It is quite possible that the increased pressures of fatherhood which mean little sleep, extra responsibilities, greater financial challenges, changes in relationships and lifestyles will all affect the father’s mental health.

� Research has shown that one in 10 new fathers suffer from postnatal depression, very similar to the figure for new mothers.

� When fathers are depressed, they tend to express their emotions differently to that of the mother.

� They appear to be less able to cry but are more likely to externalise their feelings by displaying aggressive behaviour or irritation with their partner leading to misinterpretation of their actual depression, further compounding the father’s inability to seek help and increasing the risk of suicide, and post traumatic stress disorders.

� The traumatic event keeps coming to mind most times in the form of flashbacks and nightmares.

� Fathers have often expressed fears about their partner or wife giving birth again because the last pregnancy was traumatic.

The way forward include;

❇️ Greater access to support for both dads and dads-to-be, individually and as couples in developing communication skills and other relevant tools which will help them throughout the challenges of the perinatal period.

❇️ More dads-only support groups enabling dads-to-be and new dads to seek out and find the support networks that they need in order to share their worries and concerns.

❇️ Mental health services which concentrate on fathers’ emotional needs and ways of managing anger and distress to help fathers understand and express what they are feeling and to promote other, more positive, ways of coping.

It is time to change the narrative..

Follow Kafayat Popoola for more dad related resources and you can join me for the Dad Series with NurseKhaphie talks on clubhouse every Wednesday 8:00pm West African time.

https:///eTc37kc5

I remain your favorite nurse

#NurseKhaphie

“ when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large”.

1 Like

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 8:26am On Dec 18, 2021
❇️ Our society does not give a lot of permission to men to talk about what they want, how they feel and to ask for help especially in their parenting journey.

❇️ Today, I have the utmost pride in my determination to support our men to evolve, bond and thrive in their parenting journey and roles as fathers.

❇️ Today, I chose to advocate for something that excites and scares me more than I thought it could.

❇️ Today, I took a stance for myself and our men , and i am doing what I believe in.

❇️ I am supporting the man behind the bump in a bid to improve health outcomes not just for the father but for the mother, for the child, the family and society at large.

❇️ I am a #PerinatalMentalHealthAdvocate.

❇️ I believe there is hope to fight for, we have all it take���

The time is NOW..

Follow Kafayat Popoola for more perinatal mental health related contents.

Your favorite Nurse
#NurseKhaphie

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by Obascoetubi: 6:49pm On Dec 18, 2021
Just like men dey errect after seing naked women, what will happen when women see naked men?
Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 9:10am On Dec 19, 2021
Dads struggle too

Parenting is not a easy job. Being a good dad is tough. Not enough men admit that truth, to themselves and each other.

We need to acknowledge the struggle and paint a true picture of fatherhood.

❇️ Dads feel stress trying to juggle work and family life.

❇️ They feel great stress getting work/life balance right coupled with the responsibility to be the rock for their families after the birth of a child.

❇️ This is a struggle, causing them stress and anxiety.

❇️ Dads often feel anxious, vulnerable and overwhelmed. At the same time, admitting vulnerability and asking for help seems to go against traditional ‘manly’ virtues like staying in control resulting in many men suffering alone and suffering more than they have to.

❇️ The message is that it’s OK not to be OK, and it’s OK to show it.

❇️ We need realistic pictures of what fatherhood is really like, both the good and the bad.

❇️ Dads need to understand that acknowledging personal struggle doesn’t make them weak rather seeking help is strength in itself .

❇️ They need to defy the silence surrounding men seeking/ asking for help and take care of themselves openly so that kids may witness and even participate in the process.

❇️ That will teach children that men are allowed to step outside the boxes of societal stereotype and seek for help by admitting their vulnerability and struggle.

What better time than NOW to talk about it.

Join me on Wednesday 22nd of December on club house for another episode of Dad Series with NurseKhaphie as we discuss Struggles men go through as a husband, dad-to-be and new dad.

https://www.clubhouse.com/join/dad-series-with-nursekhaphie/bW2l61nc/xlylRbl0

You can use the link to download clubhouse app from Playstore or AppStore to register and join the room.

Your favorite nurse

#NurseKhaphie

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by Obascoetubi: 3:18pm On Dec 19, 2021
Obascoetubi:
Just like men dey errect after seing naked women, what will happen when women see naked men?
ordinary question u dey avoid? i thought u be nurse
Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 11:13am On Dec 20, 2021
Let’s about talk Pregnancy.. Shall we?.. Result of all the adventures wink wink tongue tongue

Congratulations on the good news.. grin

You are creating and nurturing a new life with your partner.

This will change your worlds in an adventurous way that may be hard to imagine wink grin

The adventure will be filled with joy and surprises ..

What was the first sign that made you suspected your partner was pregnant.

Was it missed periods? Mood swing? Implantation bleed? Nausea?Vomiting?menstrual like cramps? Tender breasts? Excessive urination or heightened sense of smell?
For some, they experience just one while some others have a combination of symptoms.
It’s all part of the package and we have different grace but one thing is sure, you will never walk alone. I will be there in every step of the way..

Want to talk about how you feel or clarify some symptoms?

Comment below or slide into my DM and we will talk about it.

Remember to enjoy the journey and take each day as a new dawn..

Your favorite Nurse
#Nursekhaphie

when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large”.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2021
On a lighter mode..

Staring at a woman’s breasts can help a man live longer��

A German study published in the New England Journal of Medicine states that staring at a woman’s breast for up to 10 minutes daily can lower the rate of heart problems and blood pressure in men which enable them to live longer.

Because sexual excitement gets the heart pumping and improves circulation.

Make it an habit to stare at your partner’s breasts for 10 minutes daily.

Feel free to touch it too��

Breast is life..

Your favorite Nurse

#NurseKhaphie

when I leave this world, I hope to have emptied myself and be a blessing to my generation and the world at large”.
Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 8:34am On Dec 21, 2021
Join us for episode 2.0 of Dad Series with NurseKhaphie on club house.

Theme: Painting the true picture of fatherhood..

Topic: Men: What do you struggle with as a husband, dad-to-be or dad?

Date: 22nd December 2021

Time: 8pm WAT
1pm CST
12 PM EST

Speaker: Arc. Adesina Amusa
( Architect, Rotary President ( E-club Greater Nigeria), husband, father)

Moderators:
Akwaowo Akpan
(RN, Health Educator, Sexual and Reproductive Health Advocate, Writer)

Mariam Adepoju, MBA

You can use the link to download clubhouse app from Playstore/Applestore to register and join the room.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2021
Can one tiny change transform your life? What if you made another tiny change? Will an accumulation of tiny changes produce exponential results?

“Every action you take is a vote for the type of person you wish to become. No single instance will transform your belief but as the votes build up so do the evidence of your new identity”- James Clear

Each episode of Dad Series with NurseKhaphie is a tiny change that will produce exponential results as it relates to male involvement in the perinatal period and beyond because dads matter too��

Join myself and Akwaowo Akpan for episode 2.0 of Dad Series with NurseKhaphie on club house as we discuss what men struggle with as a husband, dad- to-be and dad.

Theme: Painting the true picture of fatherhood..

Date: 22nd December 2021

Time: 8pm Nigerian time

Speaker: Arc. Adesina Amusa
( Architect, Rotary President ( E-club Greater Nigeria), husband, father)

Moderators:
Akwaowo Akpan
(RN, Health Educator, Sexual and Reproductive Health Advocate, Writer)

Mariam Adepoju, MBA

You can use the link to download clubhouse app from Playstore/Applestore to register and join the room

Your favorite Nurse

#NurseKhaphie

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 8:48am On Dec 24, 2021
Shining the light on Holiday Depression…

� Depression is an illness, not a choice.

� The holiday can be a stressful time for many people..

� The shopping, gatherings and family time can add extra pressure to our already busy lives.

� For those dealing with mental health conditions like depression or anxiety, the holiday can be even harder..

� About 1 in 7 people globally have one or more mental health disorder.
Chances are someone close to you will be affected.

� Some of the key signs to look for would be changes in mood or behavior that are different from their norm.

❇️ Do they seem more withdrawn than usual?

❇️ Are they behaving erratic and impulsive?

❇️ Are they more irritable?

❇️ Do they typically respond quickly to a text or call but now they are not responding at all?

❇️ Do they avoid talking about future plans?

❇️ Are they making references to wanting to escape or that they have nothing to live for?

Use the following tips when you talk to your loved ones:

� Let them know that you are there for them and that they matter to you.

� Acknowledge that the holiday season can be difficult and it is okay not to feel happy or joyous.

� Express gratitude for having them in your life.

� Remind them that even though this might be a difficult or painful time, things can change and they will likely feel better at a later time.

� Most importantly , let them know that you love and care for them and it’s okay to seek help.

If you or someone you know is struggling, considering suicide or self- harm, please reach out for help.

Your favorite Nurse
#NurseKhaphie

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2021
I remember when I discussed the idea of the Dad series with a few people before starting, I was told men don’t like talking about their struggles.

I have come to realize that every man wants to be heard without the fear of losing the value in his maleness.

Men often have no way to know this themselves, and many probably even think of themselves as “angry men.” They are often very sad men, but they have no differentiated feeling world, no vocabulary, no safe male friends, no inner space or outer setting in which to open up such a chasm of feeling-not even in their churches or with their partners. Richard Rohr

It felt so refreshing hearing the men talk about their struggles at the episode 2.0 of Dad Series with Nursekhaphie. I don’t take the trust and confidence for granted.

To every woman out there, let’s get the men in our life talking

� Listen and encourage the man in your life (husband, son, brother, friend). Believe me, words flow when we listen.

� Appreciate them. It fosters more positive emotions and build stronger connections.

� Endorse, encourage and validate their feelings. It’s like a relationship glue built to strengthen.

� Tempt them with cookies if you have to , to come out of their caves to talk, grunt, and build a fire we can all warm to.

� Communicate clearly and openly, it sets a strong foundation.

I want to take this opportunity to appreciate everyone that made the session a successful one.

Click on the link below to listen to the replay on clubhouse and please feel free to join the room .

https://www.clubhouse.com/room/m21467ap

Look forward to having you with us next week Wednesday at 8pm Nigerian time for another awesome episode.

Your favorite nurse

Nursekhaphie

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 7:24am On Dec 25, 2021
Celebrating the man behind my smile..

Today is not your birthday nor our anniversary but you sure deserve this and more everyday.

Olowo Ori Khaphie as I fondly call you.

Words fail me in appreciating you. Hence allow me to borrow the lyrics of this song by Celine Dion..

You were my strength when I was weak..

You were my voice when I couldn’t speak.

You were my eyes when I couldn’t see.

You saw the best that was in me.

Lifted me up when I couldn’t reach.

You gave me faith because you believe.

I am everything that I am , because you love me.

Thank you for letting me fly.

Thank you for allowing me to be me, accepting and loving me despite my orisirisi.

My crown, my knight in shining armor, my precious stone of inestimable value, the yin to my yang, my ride or die, gist partner, ATM, confidant and number one cheerleader.

Thank you for the amazing years we have had so far together and the wonderful ones ahead.

I look forward to more fruitful years with you and the kids.

Thank you for being an amazing father to the kids.

The way you believe me, scares me a lot but you are there every step of the way.

I love you in a forever kind of way�������

Help me to appreciate my quintessence. Trust me, I wouldn’t have been here without his support.

Your favorite Nurse

#NurseKhaphie

1 Like

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 5:07pm On Dec 28, 2021
Contrary to what most women believe, men’s need might not be quite unreasonable.

From my experience and interactions with men over the years, I have come to realize that men like every other person are emotional being.

They want to be respected for who they are inside and outside .

They want to be heard. Too many men have learned to be dishonest to themselves and hide their feelings.

When they are able to finally open up it is a massive step in the right direction, not an admission of weakness.

They want to be able to ask for help and get it without losing the value to their masculinity . Nobody needs to “man up” here.

They crave attention and validation like everyone else. Let him know you love him, he is your hero and you appreciate all he is doing for you .

What are you thoughts?

Join me on club house for episode 3.0 of Dad series with Nursekhaphie on Wednesday 12/29/21 at 8pm Nigerian time as we talk more about what men really want as a husband, dad or dad-to-be.

Theme: Understanding Men

https://www.clubhouse.com/join/dad-series-with-nursekhaphie/FJ1Z6K0g/mgbdlN0p

You can use the link to download the club house app from Playstore/Applestore to register and join the room.

Looking forward to having you

Your favorite Nurse

Nursekhaphie

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2021
Are you newly married, pregnant or a new mum and you never know what your partner is really thinking?

Are you tired of not knowing why he says the things he says or he is sending you mixed signals.

Are you confused about what he really wants and how he really feels or maybe you are just tired of not understanding why men act the way they do?

Whatever it is, one thing is certain, you want to know where men are coming from, and how to understand their words and actions so you will know what he truly wants and how to give it to him to have a partner for life in marriage and parenting.

Join me on club house for episode 3.0 of Dad series with Nursekhaphie today 12/29/21 at 8pm Nigerian time ( 1pm CST) as we talk more about what men really want as a husband, dad or dad-to-be.

Theme: Understanding Men’s Needs

Moderators:

Mariam Adepoju ( Ex banker, Wife, mom, youtube coach and relocation consultant)

Damilola Benson (Reproductive/Sexual health Nurse,Mum,Wife,Fertility Coach.)

https://www.clubhouse.com/join/dad-series-with-nursekhaphie/FJ1Z6K0g/mgbdlN0p

You can use the link to download the club house app from Playstore/Applestore to register and join the room.

Looking forward to having you

Your favorite Nurse

#Nursekhaphie

1 Like

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 7:11am On Dec 30, 2021
The episode 3.0 of Dad series with Nursekhaphie was explosive ���

Damilola Benson was a moderator per excellence, she understood the assignment and the men responded.

I love that they told us what they really want ranging from the need to be heard, listened to, cared for, companionship,admired,validated,respected and of course good sex.

While most women let emotional connection take precedence over a physical connection, for men sex is one of the many ways he shows love.

Sexual connection is often necessary to feel safe enough for emotional vulnerability.

They look at sex as a path to reach mutual satisfaction, render pleasure and thrill to their partner and improve as a lover.

The importance of sex in marriage cannot be undermined if you are looking at creating a lasting bond with your partner and enhance the happiness in your relationship.

Sexual bliss is a great booster in a relationship. When you are sexually satisfied, and you praise your partner for performing well between the sheets, you contribute hugely to their sense of self-worth, while also cementing your bond.

This praise can be showered before and after your intimate moments.

Men are conditioned to constantly worry about things like size, performance and the like. That’s a lot of pressure on them.

When you praise your man in bed he will be willing to help you enjoy the experience as much as possible, even if it means sacrificing some of his own pleasure.

When you share positive affirmations with him, it not only takes the pressure off but lets him know that you deeply love and care for him too.

The conversation gave birth to our topic for next episode ~ Sex and Marriage ��������

You don’t want to miss it.

Your favorite Nurse

#NurseKhaphie

1 Like

Re: Dad Series With Nursekhapie by kaffy4bill(f): 9:00am On Jan 19, 2022
Debunking Myths about male infertility

� Thinking of having kids? If you are a man, there’s nothing to worry about, right?  

� There are a lot of misconceptions around men’s fertility and with so much information out there, it’s hard to know what to believe.

� So, i thought we would clear up three common myths.

Myth 1: Fertility, or infertility, is a woman's problem

It’s a common belief that infertility is a ‘woman’s problem’, but this simply isn’t true. In fact, men contribute to around half of all fertility issues. For about 20% of infertile couples, the problem lies solely with the male partner, and for about 30% of couples it’s to do with both partners.

Myth 2: It’s only the woman’s health that matters when it comes to having a baby.

This just isn’t the case.
There are a number of things that can harm the production of sperm, including:
• Smoking
• Drinking too much alcohol
• Sexually transmitted infections (STIs)
• Heat stress from tight-fitting underwear
• Steroid misuse
• Coming into contact with harmful chemicals.

Myth 3: Men can continue to have healthy children throughout their lives

Another common myth around men’s fertility is that age isn’t a factor. While it’s true that men in their 70s, and beyond, can still father children, fertility, particularly sperm quality, is affected by age.

� A couple’s responsibility begins before pregnancy, because both the egg and sperm are affected by both partners’ medical history and lifestyle choices. When you’re considering starting a family, you need to be in the best possible health and making smart choices around drugs and smoking, weight control, and management of medical conditions.

� Men’s fertility generally depends on the quantity and quality of their sperm. If the quality of your sperm is low, it can be difficult or even impossible to get your partner pregnant.

� About two-thirds of men with fertility issues have a problem with low numbers of sperm and/or sperm that doesn’t work as it’s meant to.

� In the other third of cases, the issue is related to how the sperm travel, sexual problems (like erectile dysfunction or low sex drive), low levels of hormones, sperm antibodies or genetic problems.

� There are issues associated with being an older father that could impact their children. There’s a higher chance in children being diagnosed with ASD (Autism Spectrum Disorder) or mental health issues as a consequence of their father’s age.

� Infertility is a couple’s problem. If you and your partner have been trying to get pregnant for 12 months without success, even if one partner has a child from another relationship, you should both be checked by a medical professional.

� Whether you’re thinking about having a baby or not, it’s always important to separate the truths from the myths when it comes to your health.

Your favorite Nurse

NurseKhaphie

(1) (Reply)

Is This Woman To Be Congratulated Or Not? / Question for the Ladies (from 'Divorce Court') / marry a blind man? Uncommon Love

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.