Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,523 members, 7,830,557 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:01 AM

My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! (31861 Views)

My Aunty Always Comes Into My Room Without Excuse / Seeing Dead Aunty In My Dreams Repeatedly. I Need Any Solutions Please / "How My Friend Tried To Destroy My Matrimonial Home" - Woman Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by LordReed(m): 9:42am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,
Pls help me with ur advice , i know u wont be shy to tell me if am wrong.

I got married to my dream wife, she lived with a relative for 18yrs who she also called mummy, she have a biological mother, who saw her through school (university level) though she was living with this Aunty.

Problem started when i came to marry her , the Aunty was hostile, she kept coming up with issue to paint me bad. I was repeatedly called to come and explain irrelevant provocative issues sure as why i travelled to inform my wife biological mother of my wedding plans. After the bride price payment and rites duly performed, She still made me perform an additional party which she called a traditional marriage outing party in her compound. All these i did for peace sake. No one including family members, husband children or even my wife ,dear opposes her to caution her ..In all these my wife kept on saying *she stayed with her for 18yrs.*
Worst of all u latter gathered from friends that this said Aunty was laying curses on us during the marriage, that the marriage will fail and my wife will return to her with tales of martial wows.
Then she warned me to stop calling her mummy. In all these my wife was always in tears through the honeymoon.
I ignored just becos i knew after the marriage things will change. This Aunty feed my wife with all forms of manipulative desires to set us up. and even requesting feedbacks from her in some case, words here are not enough to explain all.

To my surprise two yrs into the marriage this said Aunty and her children are still key important figures in my wife live, they have access to her and my home at will, somethings they plan visits when am at work.

Each of there visits leave us in weeks of quarrels . now its me my wife blames.

Friends what do i do now, my wife insists that because of 18yrs of living with them so i should let go and pretend nothing ever went wrong.
Pls advise me.

Your wife is not acting in a matured way. The matured way is to manage her relationship with her aunty without it affecting her marriage. You will have to point this out to her. The fact that the aunt took care of her doesn't give her any rights over her marriage. There have to be limits to how they come to your house, you and your wife should discuss what you both think would be acceptable to each other, it's your house not theirs.

BTW doesn't your wife go to work?

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Nobody: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

I got married to my dream wife, she lived with a relative for 18yrs who she also called mummy, she have a biological mother, who saw her through school (university level) though she was living with this Aunty.

Problem started when i came to marry her , the Aunty was hostile, she kept coming up with issue to paint me bad. I was repeatedly called to come and explain irrelevant provocative issues sure as why i travelled to inform my wife biological mother of my wedding plans. After the bride price payment and rites duly performed, She still made me perform an additional party which she called a traditional marriage outing party in her compound. All these i did for peace sake. No one including family members, husband children or even my wife ,dear opposes her to caution her ..In all these my wife kept on saying *she stayed with her for 18yrs.*
Worst of all u latter gathered from friends that this said Aunty was laying curses on us during the marriage, that the marriage will fail and my wife will return to her with tales of martial wows.
Then she warned me to stop calling her mummy. In all these my wife was always in tears through the honeymoon.
I ignored just becos i knew after the marriage things will change. This Aunty feed my wife with all forms of manipulative desires to set us up. and even requesting feedbacks from her in some case, words here are not enough to explain all.

To my surprise two yrs into the marriage this said Aunty and her children are still key important figures in my wife live, they have access to her and my home at will, somethings they plan visits when am at work.

Friends what do i do now, my wife insists that because of 18yrs of living with them so i should let go and pretend nothing ever went wrong.
Pls advise me.

Get your wife a new SIM and relocate out of that environment

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Obynolee(f): 9:43am On Dec 13, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
1. Move your family far away from them (the aunty and her children) so they will no longer have access to you or to visit you.

OR

2. Be a man and take control of your home and family. They see you as a mumu they can treat anyhow but you can put a stop to all that.

Your number 2 advice is the best,op has been trying all along to be a nice guy that's why they're messing with him,he should be a man for once and assert his authority if not,the woman will destroy his marriage, the wife should chose her aunt or his husband.
Sometimes I wonder how some things worry some people, how can I still allow you to be coming to my house despite that your coming brings me trouble is what I don't understand.
Op you can't please everybody, even the Bible said in Luck 6:26 woe onto him whom the whole world testifies good of".

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by frubben(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Just to add that initially there was nothing i did not do humanly possible to please these people name it. All to no avail.

this was your mistake, how wish u have taking a stand from the start , e for clear for dere eye say u mean business. Keep pleasing dem
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Okhuadams(m): 9:44am On Dec 13, 2021
Recyled story the last time this was posted it was 15yrs now you Post 18yrs. After una go say na only Lia Mohammed sabi lie
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by gtrader: 9:45am On Dec 13, 2021
Listen, when you want to tackle a problem you start from the head. It is time to go against the woman she lived with for 18yrs. If a problem start again because of her, go to her house and warn her strictly. Tell her your piece of mind, be blunt and free when talking to her.
It is time to tell her enough is enough, do not call on phone. Talk to her face to face like a man, and let her know she is the problem you have in your home.

Bia you have to take charge of your home ooo, is too early to start having issues cos of step mum.

uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Babaken(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2021
Sorry to ask this question didn't you see all these signs before marring her Take the advice move far away from them and tell your wife she is the one you get married to not her family let there be limits with their visiting if she continues with her 18yrs chorus ask her to choose between you and family.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Dreytonisback(m): 9:46am On Dec 13, 2021
If I were to be in your shoes , I'll just avoid eating my wife's meals without giving her a reason why

I won't make love to her but we'll surely be in talking terms
When I'm coming back from work I'll buy my food outside then eat it in her presence
She'll surely be worried

Then I'll give her a serious warning not even advise

Me: Let this be the last time I'll hear anything about your aunty in this house else you'll leave my house or I leave the house for you

Once you notice she hasn't changed , get somewhere to go for like a month , she will run mad and he brain will reset

Don't dare a woman who's been avoided by her loving husband , she'll show that yeye aunty of her madness , you'll even be shocked on how 18 yrs of living with the aunty won't matter to her at that point

When my woman's dad become a problem to me just like yours
Omo I used this method , Las Las na the whole family con dey find my number and whereabout
Whereas I they my niggas place they chop life they tidy my obi.

Lights up my kpoli in peace

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by tunnex190: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2021
See marriage advisors everywhere. smiley

Meanwhile let me too be an adviser @OP, you solve the probem you are going through by yourself. You don't need to fight anyone and add more enemies to what you already have.

1. Tell your wife what you want.
2. If she can't listen, threaten her with divorce.
3. If she thinks you are joking with divorce and no changes, take few clothes and leave the house for a while

Las las, her brain go reset.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by PapaGfad: 9:47am On Dec 13, 2021
I really pity your situation.

Like I will always say, what you need to do now is to calm down. Issues relating to in laws in marriage requires wisdom and yet sterness.

Sadly, the woman has successfully extended her tentacles again into your home and believe me, if you don't cut it now, it will grow roots and at that point, it will be out of your control.

To cut it off, you have two options, either you instruct your wife to do it by threatening her or you cut it yourself. Both comes with it's peculiar consequences. But I will personally advise you to cut it off yourself by going to the woman(if possible you prostrate to warn her...that is ironic but if you are Yoruba, you will get my point). Things won't smile for a while but eventually she will respect you and your wife will also adore you for the bravery.

Just so you know, It will be almost impossible for your wife to break free from the woman. 18 years is not a joke. And I know this because i grew up living with people, so I understand her psychological torment...if you can deliver her, she wil forever adore you.

uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by ramatintin(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Aunty is bitter cos your wife got married and her daughters are still eating her eba and she is doing everything to destabilise her home, but your wife is too blind to see and you are too weak to impose your authority as the head of the home. Man up bro and take control of your home.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by realray(m): 9:48am On Dec 13, 2021
Oga though am not saying that ur wife should leave the aunt but she holds the key cos whom God has joined together let no man put asunder its ur wife I will blame, for Christ sake you guys are married for crying out loud, they shud allow u to build ur home or are you not head of the house and family see you av to firstly talk to ur wife make her see reasons why things has to change and that the both of u av a life and future to build and if she refuse and flares up then am sorry you av to close ur eyes and take Certain decisions and tell her to chose between you and her aunt just threaten her, I bet she will change......
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Boatswain: 9:48am On Dec 13, 2021
SOLUTION..... RELOCATE ASAP... If I were in your shoes I will tell my wife to go visit her aunty or mother, when she is gone then I will get a new place that is very far away without letting my wife know about it before hand, arrange the new place and boom I will just come with a truck for packing of the properties and relocate. The day my wife will be coming back, she will be going to the new house.

OR

BE A MAN AND ENDURE EVERYTHING
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Adrian98(m): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2021
Destroy the aunty before she destroys your marriage. It’s called self defense
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Pinkyposh(f): 9:50am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.
I can only advise you to relocate if possible leave the country, go somewhere they will not easily have access to your home
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by iTearHerToto: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.
Why not tell your wife to goan marry hey aunty so peace will reign.
Cos this got me wondering how a hefty man of your caliber can be mumuing like this. Like why??

Pukes angry

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Pharaoh4rin(m): 9:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Brainwash your wife into some rebellious and renegade lifestyle towards them.

I can guide you.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Crusadee: 9:52am On Dec 13, 2021
Most @times being overtly too nice to this in-laws of a people will make you become too mumu that they can explore at will... I will advice you change your tactics, let your wife know that you can do without her! She will have to choose between her aunty and her husband... You need the machiavelli approach to solve this... Let them know there is an extent to what you can tolerate... Brother it should be women that should be complaining about issues like this, you are a man take a bold step and take the bull by the horn, if you mumu them go mumu you. Na the aunty give you work abi na she they feed your house? Abeg man up jare, no fall my hand
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Lordbukas: 9:53am On Dec 13, 2021
I also join your wife to blame you. There's a saying that you don't start what you can't finish. As a man, it's your duty to declare your stand from day one. You cannot please all your In-laws. You made it look like you were desperate to marry that girl, that's why you fell for every demand they made. Even your wife may not be happy with what is happening but she lacks the will power to stop it hence is looking up to you to be the man in this matter.
Stand up, shout if need be ,protect your home, create a disconnect by possibly relocating.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by AkhereOkaka(m): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:

That is were the attack is strong becos, when i caution my wife she flares in anger and we could start a week long fight....

You caution her she flares in anger and could start a week of long fight?? Man up and tell her to choose between the marriage and her aunt.

We rise by lifting others
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Tribalism123(m): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2021
Man up.
Tell ur wife that u want to take a drastic move that will affect either ur relationship with her or her relationship with her aunty.
Then
Ask her, between me and ur aunty who do u chose?
If she said her aunty, put her belongings inside ur boot(if u have a car) without her notice and tell her u want u guys to see her aunt(just convince her) then take her there. When she alight in her aunts house, kindly go to the boot and empty her belongings to her aunty and tell her later things.
Then if she says she chooses u, call her aunty and warn her and her kids not to enter ur house that whenever u see them around ur house u will call police on them and tell them this will last as long as they want to influence ur marriage. And par adventure u see any of them visiting dont think twice but to call the police.
If u dont man up, ur marriage will crash and ur wife and people will blame u.
For all the money u paid, someone will be influential to ur marriage.
Man up guy

2 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Rareoil(m): 9:54am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:

Thanks my brother u nailed me.
I saw all the red flags...yes.
During the dating/marriage plans all i hear is My Aunty , My Aunty ... My Aunty... I then told her after this marriage i will be First not last!!

Worst of all ...during the pre marriage she will hastening leave my house fearing what the Aunty elder daughter will say when she get home. A classical Cinderella story.

I honestly thought it will end when we get married.

What u cant handle during courtship u cant handle in marriage.
If you guys don't have a child, threaten her with a divorce life is too short to suffer like this, you need a woman who wants you like you want her.

1 Like

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Depressed101: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.
i honestly think you should pack into your wife's aunt house with your kids and wife, so that all you can marry each other Which kind brain damaging story be this one from a man this early morning eh?
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by marsup: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2021
There is a saying...... If you want a wife make sure her family especially her mother is a virtuous woman. You saw all the signs, and still went ahead to marry, thinking things will change after marriage. Don't you know this is Nigeria, Africa? Where you marry a girl, and in extension her whole family? What exactly were you expecting? You misery may have just started. If your wife loves you and wants to keep her marriage, let her disassociate from every form of negativity around her, except if she is enjoying your misery.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Adsexpert: 9:57am On Dec 13, 2021
uyimen:
Good day,

Pls advise me.

My brother listen to this, I experienced all these you are facing, and let me tell you something you got to leave her alone finally and let her enjoy the company and validation she's looking from her aunt, this days this can even be from a mother inlaw , father in-law e.t.c and this is the reason why lots of men are running away from marriage and looking only for baby mama ..

A woman who makes you a second choice by any means as a man not caring for the future of your marriage, how you feel taken for granted or understand that the new family she's trying to build is more important than the one she comes from, isn't worth it.

Understanding that a marriage you are setting up mostly as a woman is your real famz cus the one you came from will later leave you and all of them will part ways and set up their own famz irrespective of how attach you get to them..

LEAVE HER BRO , SHES NOT ON CHARMS , VOODO , SHE CLEARLY CHOOSE SOMEONE ELSE OVER YOU, WHICH MEANS SHE DOES NOT SEE A BRIGHT FUTURE WITH YOU..

SHE CHOOSE TO BELIEVE LIES AND CHOOSE others validation on you ... She go later regret am because most women like these later always get controlled in any relationship they get into , you are not going to be the only one to face this bro , a more reason why you should be joyous , stand up tall , and stay clear away from her and cut every communication between you..let her make all the efforts to reach u.

You can't change how people feel about you remember , no matter how hard you try..

3 Likes

Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Rickylambert: 9:57am On Dec 13, 2021
Akwaibomdude:
If you try moving away from them(the aunty)and your wife doesn't agree...tell her to go and marry them
Ppl are telling the op to pray.Can u imagine?
Pray over what.She will go and continue living with her if she resist my warnings for 3 times.
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by AkhereOkaka(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2021
eazzzy1:
I know you and your wife’s aunty do not like yourselves, and you are allowing it affect your relationship with your wife. Your wife lived with her for 18 years, she practically raised your wife and can be referred to as your mother in law.

Treat her with respect as you would treat your own mother or let your hatred for her remain your hatred for her, stop forcing your wife to have issues with her, don’t put her in that position where she has to choose between her ‘mother’ and you, it’s unfair to her.

Did you read what the op wrote at all

We rise by lifting others
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Anndrew(m): 9:58am On Dec 13, 2021
akinade28:
Op, I want you to "put yourself in your wife's shoes". You need to understand that women are often emotionally attached to their family members especially those that raised them, it is usually difficult to break the bond suddenly because of marriage. Everyone has that evil crazy extended family member, but we don't throw them away just because they are bad, we just establish caution when relating with them, blood is thicker than water. She has known this woman all her life and see the aunt as her second mother, forcing her to break all ties will put her in a very difficult position ( that's how you get a bitter wife). She might hold it against you in the future especially when relating to your own family members. However, you can relocate to a different place where it will be difficult them to have free access to your house. Then, you can tell her to reduce communication with them to the barest minimum.
To nairalanders with their baised and one sided advice. Assuming it was a woman that came to seek advice on the case of her husband's evil aunt who practically raised him for 18 years, but didn't like her nor wanted him to marry her, so she laid curses on her during the wedding ceremony but she and her children still comes to the house at will after the wedding. The advice will be completely different. You will hear things like " forgive her, she is like a mother to your husband", " no wife should separate a man from his relatives irrespective of what they have done", " you have to learn to accommodate your husband's relatives" etc.
Most of you guys can't take half of what you dish out.
Just because we are women doesn't mean no one ever sacrificed for us, you usually forget that someone raised your wives, they paid the price and invested so much in them to that level that you got married to them. If they had not sacrifice for them, you won't have gotten that beautiful woman you call your wife today.
This is why woman will always b a woman....u ladies always think with emotions instead of facing the reality at hand...what a weak vessels u are..but na still ur fellow woman dey ruin her fellow woman home..if my wife aunty do anyhow,she go see anyhow..if my wife choose to mumu,I send her packing to her aunt....mumu people..I blame the Op for not taking charge of his home....after person Don pay bride price finish and suffer every other things,one mumu aunty go come one ruin my home instead of heaving peace...I go beat the shit outer d mumu...nonsense
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by 4ckyou: 9:59am On Dec 13, 2021
eazzzy1:

Understandable, but your wife is an adult capable of making her own decisions. You can’t save someone who doesn’t want to be saved. You are already fighting over the woman’s matter, meaning her prophecies about your marriage are gradually coming to pass.

Get closer to her real mother, invite her over, visit her often, call her, send her money etc just leave your wife to the aunty, one day her eyes will clear but that’s not really something within your control, except you want to take people’s advice here and end your marriage.

As long as your wife isn’t forcing you to have a relationship with the woman, just ignore them. Atleast that’s what I would if I were in your shoes.

oga what do you mean ignore when the aunty can poison the wife's mind against her husband, e be like u never really marry cause u are not making sense, ignoring it will only make it worse
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Pzpropertylimit(m): 10:00am On Dec 13, 2021
Oh , u love marriage than ur own peace of mind . Take ur cross . God is never an author of confusion .
God can't give u wife and take ur peace . Walk out of that marriage before it consume u
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by Crusadee: 10:02am On Dec 13, 2021
SmellySperm:
Weak men everywhere. You can't give her an instruction as a man. Sometimes violent take it by force. Keep being a gentleman undecided
seriously, I just dey wonder! Na d aunty dey feed my house? Abeg look am ooo! For me they never born that kind aunty wey wan come decide anything for my house
Re: My Wife's Aunty Wants To Destroy My Marriage! by sharone21(f): 10:02am On Dec 13, 2021
bummyla:
Welcome to my world! My wife said she would rather leave this fucking marriage, than curtail her association with her divorced aunty that brought her to Lagos, her evil elder sister that has refused to marry and her friends.

Every day new wahala!

Bros there is not much you can do, than to put your feet down like I did!

I dont want them in my house! I dont want them, If I come back and see they came, I call them and warn them. Thank God the boys and the men are by my side, I will call the boys and the men to warn them too.

Every place will be on fire for a while!

Finally she will ruin your marriage like they ruined mine, but dont worry, if she is your wife her eyes will open.

Madam, even this evening called, was bagging me, to come and take her back, to the house, but I no gree! Make she enjoy their company very very! She don stay one year with them now, my plan is that she will stay two years with them. I learnt tension is getting high over there! If they no fight, I no go come carry am. Period!

After while we are going to relocate very far from them

Best response so far...

The Op and wife are just plain too gentle...Op must find out whose side his wife is on....

This is why marriage is for READY persons.

I learnt years ago that 'what u don't want/like, don't allow it to continue'.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Emmanuel Ozoemene Missing - See Picture: please rebroadcast / Evicted Tenant Dies At Calabar Bus Stop (photo) / Autistic Child: Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.