Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,158 members, 7,835,872 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:36 PM

How I Married An Urhobo Man Despite Tribal Discrimination - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How I Married An Urhobo Man Despite Tribal Discrimination (1079 Views)

Against All Odds: Woman Marries Black Man Despite Family's Rejection / Woman Who 'married' An AI Chatbot Is Open To Finding Love In The Real World / Sad Story Of A Married Nigerian Man Who Married An American Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How I Married An Urhobo Man Despite Tribal Discrimination by Edijana2015(m): 11:17pm On Dec 13, 2021
University days were beautiful with my inner circle of friends. We were 4: two guys, two babes.

Oh sorry...

Did I just say inner circle?�

It suggests there was an outer circle abi?

Sorry.
That was all I had, except about 2 other childhood friends that I was not in touch with.

I no too sabi the plenty friends thing.� Pardon me.

Back to the gist.

These my clique are spiritual people, yet sooo playful. Chaii�

What about intelligence?...Hmm...I'm a sapiophile.

All 3 of them have their brains intact academically.

I ended up dating one of them��.

He ticked a lot of boxes in my dream man checklist then.

But you see, that my checklist had rankings.

My faith came first. And with this friend of mine, we had some major differences in believes, though we were both of same religion. I knew these differences will pose a challenge in marriage.

We had to go our separate ways.

Remember I said, all my friends were spiritual right?

Don't confuse things when making your choice for a marriage partner. Know what's important to you.

Don't get carried away.

After my uni days, I wondered: "Will I ever find a God-fearing man as playful as I want?

To me, all these our church brothers are too serious or boring for my liking. I can't deal.��‍♀️

Somebody's son should not come and bore me to death in marriage abeg.

That was how about 4 years later, this man walked into the church one beautiful Sunday morning.

My sister and I exchanged glances.�

Those gossip glances, where we don't need to talk, yet the message is passed and it's simple: � "fresh young man just walked in" alert.�

During announcement, he was introduced.

At the mention of his name, all my curiosity to know him more came crashing down.�

Deltan!...oh please.��‍♀️

❌❌Disqualified for husband material!

He had just relocated to that vicinity. So he placed his membership in our congregation.

I would be seeing more of him.

We were brother and sister in the Lord. We became acquaintances due to the youth group in the church.

Then one weekend, as we had light conversations while weeding the church surrounding, he mentioned he had a published article online for his masters project.

Wow, this Christian brother seems to like book o.

I still doubted.
Then he said "You can search for my name on google."

Ehn?

"Your name appears on google search engine?"�

That was new to me.�

Me and my love for writing.

Omo...that was the moment I decided that we were going to be friends.

I later discovered that he reads books too.

Hmm...what-a-wawwu!

These are the kind of friends I want.

I had written several articles. None had been published.

This person was already on the path I was headed. I believed he could point me to the way. Masters thesis publication might not be relevant to what I was looking for but I wanted my name on Google search engine as an author as well.�

Friendship began.

MIND YOU, anything beyond friendship is not allowed o....according to my rules. Urhobo man was a NO NO by my orientation.

I simply wanted to walk with the wise and grow wise. I wanted to become a published author and I found one. I wasn't about to let go�.

� Make friends purposefully.

Make friends whose values resonate with yours to a reasonable degree.

� Carry your vision and values with you everywhere you go. God uses them to direct your actions.

The rest of the gist is here: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=643239800369213&id=100040495968889
Re: How I Married An Urhobo Man Despite Tribal Discrimination by Lekan1o1: 11:57pm On Dec 13, 2021
Have something to say later abt this
Re: How I Married An Urhobo Man Despite Tribal Discrimination by Edijana2015(m): 7:25am On Dec 14, 2021
Lekan1o1:
Have something to say later abt this
. I will be waiting patiently for your response.

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Most Intelligent Women In Africa? / See The Reason Why Men Always Ask You For Sex. / If You Pick, Remember People When Sub You...yahoo boys see why...was I wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.