Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,782 members, 7,824,264 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent (53372 Views)

Sola Ogungbe: SEAP Microfinance Bank Manager Commits Suicide Over Unpaid Loans / Carter Oshodin, UNIBEN Official, Commits Suicide Over Hardship / Missing Dele Bandele Commits Suicide Over Depression (Suicide Note) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by yusluvad(m): 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
Gbese...
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Asiri1991: 9:36pm On Dec 14, 2021
I'm sure he voted the incumbent president twice. Be careful of what you celebrate. See him in the picture painting himself in the flag celebrating Baba's election victory. No RIP to waste.

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Szdorf: 9:37pm On Dec 14, 2021
I borrowed money from the loan app, they blackmailed me, I told them let d game begin, if you people don't hv sense I teach you people,
You can spoiled my name and asked me to pay me impossible, since then they stop, they start.

preaching, console and begging me to pay even change there self .
I told them they can continue, d more they blackmail me, there payment will be 6 months time , if they like let meet ourselves in court,
I knew I owned u people ,am not away

D man just wasted his life for nothing

4 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Benwallt(m): 9:38pm On Dec 14, 2021
Why would he borrowed when he knew he couldn't pay? Nonsense. I am sure he used the money to service his girl.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by joyandfaith: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2021
jaeyking:
Like the last tweet says 'abeg just die this matter'

You signed an agreement and you defaulted.
Have any of us ever read their terms and conditions to see why they really go ahead with defamation and the govt is not doing anything.

I can say it's part of the terms u signed.
Though I don't have any proof of it but with the looks of it I think so

Modified**

I just checked the terms and conditions by Okash a loaning firm see the images below.
From this, can we conclude that the defamation of character and possible deduction from any account linked to the bvn is legal undecided undecided

Listen to yourself . Are u saying all contacts in my phone are for emergency? It is people like you that make most companies misbehave. If I am a lawyer, I will use these loan sharks play ludo for court.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by FarahAideed: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2021
Lies what is the name of that your friend
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by joyandfaith: 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2021
Benwallt:
Why would he borrowed when he knew he couldn't pay? Nonsense. I am sure he used the money to service his girl.

How do you know? It is stupid people that say something they are not sure of. They are process of debt recovery in financial institutions.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Nobody: 9:42pm On Dec 14, 2021
ahnie:
I don't ever engage in anything that would cost me my peace.i value my peace of mind pass anything.
that makes both of us
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Nobody: 9:43pm On Dec 14, 2021
ahnie:
I don't ever engage in anything that would cost me my peace.i value my peace of mind pass anything.
absolutely
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by TheMostComplex1: 9:44pm On Dec 14, 2021
MartinsD12:

Fake stories on Twitter, make up stories , call the name of the loan app and the messages they sent , no evidence , this is not true.

You know them fake stories
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Impregnablefolk: 9:46pm On Dec 14, 2021
4 all of u above me in dis thread n many more dat decided 2 spew trash out of inexperience n ignorance, may God 4giv u. I am a living witness of dis peoples' substandard n arrogant operation. I borrowed 4m 1 of dem, paid on d deadline day, sent d proof of payment n dey delayed it until my dashboard was reading overdue charge of a certain amount. 1 of dia agent named Chioma, called me wit dia office (land) line n said I should pay half of d overdue charge 2 her bank a/c dat she will help d payment since I don't av dia designated bank branch in my location. Long story short, I did n sent my proof of payment. Only 4 anoda of dia agent 2 call me n happily n excitingly tell me dat I was scammed. But I dey say as dis dia agent scam me wey dem dey luk me lyk fool n dem no wan track down d girl. 2morow na dia company a/c she go wipe den d bank go cum liquidate. I come in peace.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Nezero(m): 9:54pm On Dec 14, 2021
jaeyking:
Like the last tweet says 'abeg just die this matter'

You signed an agreement and you defaulted.
Have any of us ever read their terms and conditions to see why they really go ahead with defamation and the govt is not doing anything.

I can say it's part of the terms u signed.
Though I don't have any proof of it but with the looks of it I think so

Modified**

I just checked the terms and conditions by Okash a loaning firm see the images below.
From this, can we conclude that the defamation of character and possible deduction from any account linked to the bvn is legal undecided undecided

lol"....any and all persons in your contacts list!" Wow

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Impregnablefolk: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
U need 2 hear d way one small girl wit a tiny voice called me so rudely n was compelling me 2pay my over due charge. D problem is dat a lot of dem employ secondary school graduates n pay dem chicken feeds. 4 dose of u saying it's fake news, continue! Real lyf situation Neva hit u. I come in peace.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Nobody: 9:57pm On Dec 14, 2021
Twitter and lie Mohammad are brothers.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by ceematics: 10:02pm On Dec 14, 2021

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by iamjavadem(m): 10:03pm On Dec 14, 2021
I smell lies, what is your friends name?
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by abbey621(m): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2021
If Nigeria had a system where everyone could be tracked, where by just using your assigned number creditors, employers etc can see how reliable you are, if only such systems exists then maybe these online loan companies would not feel like they are being scammed. If you borrowed money, pay it back! Before they started texting/calling your friends and family, they've already contacted you several times to honor your obligatuions but as many Nigerians dey carry wetin pass their power, some would feel they can dodge and make excuses. Excuses like:

1. Na only 6 months I haven't paid now, wetin make my landlord wey I dey owe 2 years come say?

2. Oga, my wife just born triplets, money is scarce.

3. Na debt I carry, I no kill pesin

4. Interest payment is too high, I no pay, do your worse.

5. Wahala no dey finish, don't stress me!

Anyways R.I.P., next life come as a woman, even if she borrowed 1 million and no fit pay, na her husband or parents shame go catch grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Mom007(f): 10:04pm On Dec 14, 2021
Story. If you were such a caring friend, why didn't you help him before he went a-borrowing? He is dead now, you want to form onyeoma. Anyway, suicide is never an option. Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by KingDash: 10:05pm On Dec 14, 2021
thank God I have never collected loan in this life..
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Adebowale89(m): 10:06pm On Dec 14, 2021
defamation up and down and people keep borrowing from them, 90% of loan collectors online have default or will still default

I don collect from them before I no go lie and when I notice I won't be able meet up on the agreed date, I mailed them to informed them but promise to do the needful within 48hrs after and they okay it with my penalty fees

on the date of repayment threatening text and call started setting in and I was like I have mailed the head office, the guy was like which head office Oga pay before I go put your pictures and sent a text to your contacts, guess what I told him?

thunder will fire you if you don't post the mail and contact to them, how many of the contact can lend me money? send it to them, they're not important

it even get a point that he wasn't expecting me to pick his call, I pick his call steady to his worse, I can't commit suicide because of a fellow mortal like me

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by GrandMasters: 10:07pm On Dec 14, 2021
He wasted his life...na gbese e chop e no kill person na.....even Tiwa savage wey her puna video dey everywhere never kill herself

Me I dey owe 17 loan app and I will not pay make dem die..... We die here!!!

One of the loan app wiped my account over night over 120k.....all my debt no reach 80k...... 6k, 7k , 12k highest 15k kashkash

All of them has been sending my pictures and messages to my contacts for over a month now.....if I pay shishi make I die.....

If you dn collect money from this loan app before your bvn is already with criminals....they are only waiting for bigger money to enter your account before dem wipe am.....I've lost my bvn to them....now my wife account na e I dey use.....run away from loan sharks they are evil .

5 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by MartinsD12(m): 10:10pm On Dec 14, 2021
TheMostComplex1:

You know them fake stories
Yes Twitter tales is where you get most cooked up stories all for clout chasing.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by LZAA: 10:12pm On Dec 14, 2021
I can see some eediots up here supporting these Chinese clowns grin grin grin
Don't worry their time is coming
Other countries have chased those clowns out due to this rubbish
One day dem go do this thing to one big man or Im pikin then c'est fini grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Pharaohny: 10:18pm On Dec 14, 2021
I'll purposely borrow from them and never pay back those people are useless
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by SeriouslySense(m): 10:19pm On Dec 14, 2021
that is why i dont like borrowing, i only give, what i can, if i cannot, its no.

For some reason, many Nigerians , don't pay back

Mightymanna:
We naturally don't pay what we owe, that is the fundamental issue, even if you borrow money to a friend you might end up losing the money and the friend

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Pharaohny: 10:20pm On Dec 14, 2021
GrandMasters:
He wasted his life...na gbese e chop e no kill person na.....even Tiwa savage wey her puna video dey everywhere never kill herself

Me I dey owe 17 loan app and I will not pay make dem die..... We die here!!!

One of the loan app wiped my account over night over 120k.....all my debt no reach 80k...... 6k, 7k , 12k highest 15k kashkash

All of them has been sending my pictures and messages to my contacts for over a month now.....if I pay shishi make I die.....

If you dn collect money from this loan app before your bvn is already with criminals....they are only waiting for bigger money to enter your account before dem wipe am.....I've lost my bvn to them....now my wife account na e I dey use.....run away from loan sharks they are evil .

Bvn can never be used to wipe your account they still need something from you apart from that

1 Like

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Tombrown3(m): 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2021
From what I've seen on this thread, seems most of the commenters are working with this loan people.

I'm an Android developer and I can tell you, this guys do some really shitty work with their app, very inconsistent and unreliable.

You wanna payback loan and the app ends up misbehaving, a stranger text you on WhatsApp saying his from the same company and sends you a bank account to make the payment, after that only for another pressing to call saying your koan has not been paid.

Well, I've told victims, if you wanna borrow, make sure you change all your contact to fake numbers. And don't every leave the app installed on you after borrowing. Reinstall the app when ever you wanna payback, simple.

These apps request almost 10 permissions from your phone, they monitor everything you do and can even turn on your camera without your notice as long as you have granted them permission to it! It's crazy cause I feel they could easily wipe your account but just don't want to.

I could go ahead to tell you how to deal with them, but that will be a secret ill have to keep off online.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by easzypeaszy(m): 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2021
Help2020:
If you don't have the means to pay back loan,don't take.that's all.
I pity u..I just pray u don't see why wl mk u collect money..I kw som1 who collected 50k to pay fr his wife operation after alot of money he has spent..d following mnth it was difficult to payback..God no go shame us...na bw life n death.
Never critisize anyone fr it bc God deliver u frm such.
The way u solve ur prblm may be disgusting to all too...u fit be thief, or mk u be olosho or mk u dey gamble or dupe ppl or lie to collect money fr family but some can't do dat.

3 Likes

Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by texazzpete(m): 10:25pm On Dec 14, 2021
BigYash:
Some stories I heard.. Some will even send the money to them,they will claim they didn't see it,and still go ahead blackmailing them..

These are most likely lies.
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by GrandMasters: 10:27pm On Dec 14, 2021
Pharaohny:
I'll purposely borrow from them and never pay back those people are useless
baba no try am...unless you are ready to lose your bvn
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by hardon1(m): 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
Abegeee...

Confess what mandated his suicide, its not loan app. Me wey dey own different loan apps cumulative if over 300k... Dem flag and threaten me tire, I just dey look them.

Buhari is owning, Nigeria is owing and even borrowing more, am simply imitating my country

On a serious note , that wasnt the reason for suicide
Re: Man Who Borrowed Money From An Online Company Commits Suicide Over Messages Sent by Martinez39s(m): 10:31pm On Dec 14, 2021
You can't deliver many Nigerians from playing the pity/victim card when they are wrong. You can't exorcise self-centeredness out of most Nigerians.

Why go to the loan sharks, agree to their terms, default and then cry foul or play the victim when they employ all sorts of tactics and coercion to get their money back? It doesn't matter what prevented from you from paying, I understand life happens, not paying at the appointed time is a breach of agreement that shouldn't be taken lightly. Once you don't pay at the time you agreed to pay, you can rightfully be considered a criminal and the loan company owes you no consideration; a deal is a deal and no one forced you to patronise loan sharks. Learn to take responsibility for your choices; don't borrow if you know you can't pay and don't play the victim when the loan sharks come after you after you default.

If you were a loan shark and you were lending money to Nigerians of all people: most of whom can be stubbornly treacherous, deceitful, highly dubious, ungrateful, selfish, wicked and inconsiderate, would you take it lightly when a Nigerian defaults on a loan? People that look for ways not to give you the money they should pay you. Some will even do shakara and give you attitude when you keep asking them to pay up; some will heartlessly keep stalling hoping you will get tired of asking for your money and forget about it. Some take pride in being this dubious and treacherous and they will inwardly praise themselves as people that have "sense" and can survive life when they keep pulling such wicked stunts. Despite being this wicked and inconsiderate, they will still play the pity/victim card when the creditors start brutally dealing with them.

Knowing this, how can anyone expect loan companies to take it easy, politely or give a pat on the back to Nigerians who default on their loans? Would you do the same if you were in their shoes? Do you selfishly expect them to assume you are different and hence don't have dubious intent? Would you do the same? grin Where are they suppose to get the money they gave out as loans? How are they to keep their business afloat if they slack and Nigerians keep defaulting?

Stay away from loan sharks if you won't pay them back. Stay away from loan sharks if you are stupidly looking for people that will handle you politely with kid's gloves and a smile on the face when you fail to pay them.

Edit: Notice how virtually ALL of the issues people have with loan companies started with one thing: they didn't pay at the appointed time. That should tell you something about Nigerians who love to play the victim/pity card when loan companies come calling.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Patient Dies Of Bubonic Plague In China, An Entire Village Sealed Off / 44-Year-Old Woman Dies With Her Twins After Refusing To Give Birth Through CS / A 20 Year Old Orphan Is Dying in Luth, Please Help Save His Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.