Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,664 members, 7,854,782 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 June 2024 at 07:13 AM

Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas (8202 Views)

"A New Sherrif Is In Town" By Femi Adesina- Special Adviser To Buhari On Media / Photo Of Buhari,Gov. Rochas Okorocha And Ngige Laughing So Hard At Each Other / 9ice Appointed Special Adviser To Oyo State Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by MeGaStReEt: 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2011
nice one Rochas
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 14, 2011
Reattardation move by opportunist Governor
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Nobody: 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2011
There is no way to know the implication of this move.

Let us see Kanu's record in office then we will Judge.

Ronald Reagan was a Movie Star

Sir Minzies Cambell was an Olympic Gold Medalist.

So let us wait and see.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by olanajim(m): 3:49am On Jun 15, 2011
I am wondering how kanu will be shuttling between jis club and Imo state to advise the Gov on matter at home. I bet it was an after-thought
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Stotle(m): 9:23am On Jun 15, 2011
Indeed this is a good decision for Rochas. If others can learn from them. We are now witnesses more responsible Gov. Also I think Rochas is working his way for Igbo presidency. Let the people of S'east watch him closely.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by aribisala0(m): 9:53am On Jun 15, 2011
is this a honorary appointment or a paid one?

does kanu have time to do this FULL TIME?

are there no others that can do this

is there really a need for this or is rochas just trying to be popular there are lots of brilliant igbo people in the diaspora let him appoint them all.

instead of getting down to work he wants to shine in kanu's light.
i don't think this man has ideas
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by andyanders: 1:05pm On Jun 15, 2011
That is good. Other states should emulate Okorocha
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by ikennabru: 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2011
Rochas please continue in this direction because you are ther because our vote counted.Kanu is for now the best man in that position.he has made enough to his fill,and has for the greater part of his life inteeracted with high flyers in sports, so he knows what to advise and he did not justle for the position.My Kanu;Our Kanu.
This guy retired and chose to come home instead of living away his glory abroad.
Rochas please dont mind them.Show nigeria what you can do in this 4 years so that,
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by jmaine: 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2011
It's a nice thing to tap into the exposure and expertise of our sports mens and women in managing their renowned field . . But Kanu as special adviser of sports which football is just a subset is simply funny . . but hey, it is a political position and we all know how political appointees are subject to the emotions and likes of the man in charge . .welcome home King Kanu . .Nigerians loves you but Rochas loves you more and is showing it  cheesy cheesy . .
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by wana(m): 2:11pm On Jun 15, 2011
The Governor should know that leadership is not philanthropy Kanu that can hardly express him self will now be doing intellectual job you need people that can do the job not a footballer not taking any thing away from kanu he is the most decorated Nigerian footballer which is a talent so let the young man be
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by aribisala0(m): 2:23pm On Jun 15, 2011
i don't see the job as particularly intellectual.some of the best advice i ever had came from my illiterate gran.
anyway kanu expresses himself ok in english and i am sure even better in igbo.

though sports is not just football and he might be biassed.

more importantly i don't think kanu has time and probably was not consulted before the announcement
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by sley4life(m): 2:51pm On Jun 15, 2011
Congrats the King of King of Nig football. I appreciate your appointment. It shows your good work arent left un-notice
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by favouredjb(f): 4:20pm On Jun 15, 2011
Kanu will DETERMEEEEN the state of sports in imo grin
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by Gbenge77(m): 4:57pm On Jun 15, 2011
Good decision.
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by jmaine: 5:14pm On Jun 15, 2011
favouredjb:

Kanu will DETERMEEEEN the state of sports in imo grin

He never giffs up cheesy
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by dantechnig: 8:30pm On Jun 15, 2011
i knew he was upto something seeing him around rochas
Re: Nwankwo Kanu Appointed A Special Adviser To Gov Rochas by adejoro75: 9:04pm On Jun 15, 2011
aribisala0:

i don't see the job as particularly intellectual.some of the best advice i ever had came from my illiterate gran.
anyway kanu expresses himself ok in english and i am sure even better in igbo.

though sports is not just football and he might be biassed.

more importantly i don't think kanu has time and probably was not consulted before the announcement

You seem to know more than Rochas and Kanu. Please tell us more.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2015 ELECTION RESULTS: JEGA Ignored Jonathan's Phone Call / See What My Akwa Ibom Friend Gave Me This Afternoon . Picture. / Biafra Map Saga: Kate Henshaw Denies Opposing IPOB, Nnnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.