Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,498 members, 7,816,190 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Polo Park In Enugu - Updates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Polo Park In Enugu - Updates (8581 Views)

Buhari Tours The National Park In Malabo And Meets With Nigerian Community (Pics / Female Bombers Attack Motor-Park In Adamawa, 30 Feared Dead - Premium Times / Bomb Blast At Dadin-Kowa Motor-Park In Gombe This Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by manny4life(m): 6:35am On Jun 15, 2011
chino11:

This is a project that will not affect the lives of the people. I think the gov should focus more on such projects that will emancipate the people economically and not stop Enugu indigines from running to Onitsha, Lagos, Abuja, PH in search of means of livelihood.

Please start telling us what projects you think the gov should focus more on that will emancipate the people economically and stop Enugu indigines from running to Onitsha, Lagos, Abuja, PH in search of means of livelihood.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by SeanT21(f): 6:56am On Jun 15, 2011
This is a welcome development.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by chijike(m): 7:25am On Jun 15, 2011
this is nice. I'll surely see for my self when next i visit enugu.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Rooneyboy(m): 8:18am On Jun 15, 2011
enugu, i m so much in love with this city. Back in my esut days, recently visited enugu in april this year and i was really surprised to c the work the present governor has done in the state, i really do feel like relocating to enugu.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by sewa36447(m): 8:54am On Jun 15, 2011
Hope Gov Chime will complete it before the end of his tenure so that it will not be abandon the way the Conference Hall project Gov Chimaroke started @ Independence Layout without completion.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by MMM2(m): 9:06am On Jun 15, 2011
a big clap 4 sullivan
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by malaria(f): 11:32am On Jun 15, 2011
Abakpa polo,Abakpa polo,Abakpa polo.gud old polo field of coal city.d highest recreation centre those days.nice one.+1 4 chime.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Ikwikwikwi(m): 11:52am On Jun 15, 2011
this is just one aspect of Chime's administrative ingenuity. Enugu has water which in the next three months, it will be at every door step, and they are commissioning pay as you use card meters for it. Enugu has one of the best road network in Nigeria, well tarred, security is assured and good times in the city is at its best. Infact, am loving the town.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Tinyemeka(m): 12:07pm On Jun 15, 2011
No matter how much infrastructural development is being made in a city, some people would still be blind to them, even if such developments were just outside their doorsteps. I don't know what greenfield or greenery or forest was devastated by that shopping mall's construction. The Polo park as I knew it prior to this construction was a giant park of peppersoup joints and beer parlours and a place where nocturnal daughters of Eve used to hangout. So pls its development and not environmental damage that is being brought about by that construction. Besides that, a bulk of the financing came from banks.

If you see something good, say something nice or rather reserve your thoughts in order not to appear stupid (sorry) or knowledge-deficient.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jun 15, 2011
I remember the goood old days. Going to Polo park, Trade fair complex and the zoo. It is a long time. When I saw this project recently on my way to Nsukka, I screamed 'GR8'. Nothing as good as having a sensible leadership. Chime, Thumbs UP!!!!!!!!
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by macjive01: 2:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
see Enugu sha!!!!
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by akunta(f): 2:39pm On Jun 15, 2011
East or West, home remains the best!
Wish i could relocate 2 Enugu Asap
Miss its cool Environs!!!
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by macjive01: 2:41pm On Jun 15, 2011
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by exago(m): 3:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
where did the green grass go. . . . .
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Emperoh(m): 3:15pm On Jun 15, 2011
I took a look round this project when i was in Enugu in May.
God knows some of us will run back to Enugu with the business this project portends.
Big ups to Chime and his admin for properly utilising this space which was lost to joints and business centres
I can remember going on the merry go rounds as a kid but all those are gone now.

Big ups to the govt for making use of this space well. It wasn't sold to them money bags
For residential or business purposes!!!
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Eziachi: 3:31pm On Jun 15, 2011
exago:

Look up!!!
And you will see the green leaves on the trees.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by naijaking1: 3:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
exago:

Good question. Nobody understands the value and beauty of green.
Chime could have taken his mega project elswhere, and spared the lush greenary of the park
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Eziachi: 3:45pm On Jun 15, 2011
^^^^^ I think they do landscaping last in any construction, let wait till they finish, you can't plant/lay grasses while heavy machineries are running on top of it.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 15, 2011
I love Enugu State. I miss coal city state dearly!
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Ignatio(m): 4:01pm On Jun 15, 2011
I really miss Coal City. Still remember as a kid when I and my siblings with our parents rode the swings on Sundays at Polo park. Then as an adult when me and my friends down bottles at the park. So many good memeories about that park.
It's all good though. At least this will create employment opportunities and someway reduce migration rate.
I hope they bring Cosmo fm back.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by naijaking1: 4:40pm On Jun 15, 2011
Eziachi:

^^^^^ I think they do landscaping last in any construction, let wait till they finish, you can't plant/lay grasses while heavy machineries are running on top of it.

That's not it. The original town planners knew that for every 1000 people per sq meter you need a certain degree of green, park, or open space. I'm not talking about some token grass planted for decoration.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by danielng: 5:37pm On Jun 15, 2011
Wow! Nice pics and good job.

I am happy to hear that project of this magnitude is being instituted.

The govt is doing well.

One more thing, let there be cluster (mini) industrial estates in Enugu so that those of us who have some small cash can invest in mini industries to boost production and industrialization of the state. Its seem like its going to be a competition among states to woo investors with infrastructural development. But i have come to realize that it will never be a competition as long as some govs don't have the interest of their states at heart.

Enugu is working, to god be the glory!

Keep us posted.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by blank(f): 12:21am On Jun 16, 2011
I miss Enugu.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Wadosky(m): 9:46am On Jun 16, 2011
This ǃș the ground i played my first competitive football match then staying at onoh quarters GRA
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by EvilBrain1(m): 12:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
Please. I'll take beer and peppersoup in the open air over a new shoprite any day. Why would you pave paradise to put up a parking lot? Something of beauty has been lost here. They should have taken their shopping mall somewhere else.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by HighChief4(m): 2:26pm On Jun 16, 2011
^^^I love your user ID and your signature, perseverance is the key
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by Eziachi: 5:34pm On Jun 16, 2011
naijaking1:

That's not it. The original town planners knew that for every 1000 people per sq meter you need a certain degree of green, park, or open space. I'm not talking about some token grass planted for decoration.
I thought the thread is based on what is happening at Polo Park and not the entire Enugu, hence my pointing about planting grass after construction?
Since you are talking about something much greater than polo park (1000 people/Sq Metre) I am not an expert in that field (Environment), so I can't comment further.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by adconline(m): 8:26pm On Jun 16, 2011
Good question. Nobody understands the value and beauty of green.
Chime could have taken his mega project elswhere, and spared the lush greenary of the park

Enough of this crap from all these treehuggers who shout for green space while there are a lot of green forests and wooded areas around Enugu city. What's green about polo park Drinking joints, prostitutes' convention centres ,gambling hang-outs, and suya spots? If you really want a green space, move to a village in Enugu and trade position with a villager who would like to live and work at the mall. Most people from Enugu would chose good economic effects of this mall over polo's "green" grass.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by egift(m): 5:08pm On Jun 29, 2011
^^^^
@adconline: No mind am. Green space? He should ask for it, so I can storm him with more green space in Enugu than he can handle.

Am happy that this project is shaping up and is looking exactly like the initial rendering. Carry on - able Chime.
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by DisGuy: 5:23pm On Jun 29, 2011
Will any you guys move back to Enugu permanently from where ever you are based in Nigeria if the rate of development is sustained for the next four years?
Re: Polo Park In Enugu - Updates by blank(f): 5:30pm On Jun 29, 2011
Definitely. It is my plan and my goal but 4 yrs is too short. 7 yrs is more like it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

South Africans Attack Nigerians In Durban And Other Cities. ..pics / A Bigger Batch Of Chibok Girls Will Soon Be Released, Says Lai / Abubakar Sani-Bello Brother, Aminu, Leaves APC, Joins PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.