Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,515 members, 7,861,479 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:59 PM

Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' (6218 Views)

I Emailed My School To Get A Diploma Replacement And That's The Message I Got. / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School / Threat Message I Got From Fastmoney Media. (pixs) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 8:45am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

Okay since you owe me, make I send my account number?

Imagine I am automatically entitled to your money. I don’t even have to work for you or know you
Bullshit. Y'all know that's not what it means. This guy wants to be taught how to make money. If you don't owe your friends growth, you should leave them alone.

We owe our friends (and humanity) good behaviour, sound advice and growth. And the annoying is the fact that most of you saying this believe in a God. I hope you guys know what you're doing.

5 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 8:57am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Bullshit. Y'all know that's not what it means. This guy wants to be taught how to make money. If you don't owe your friends growth, you should leave them alone.

We owe our friends (and humanity) good behaviour, sound advice and growth. And the annoying is the fact that most of you saying this believe in a God. I hope you guys know what they doing.

Okay na good behavior you owe me, make I send aza??
Pls I have not eaten since yesterday for the sake of humanity (as you mentioned)

Imagine me ending the conversation with f.uck you or cursing you after a tense messages and you decided not to send me the money, now see the height of entitlement on your money that I don’t even know how you work/sweat for it.

You don’t owe me, it is just an act of goodwill and it is not everybody that possess that and some people just don’t do it to avoid some scenarios. You might get there one day.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Robisky001(m): 9:19am On Dec 17, 2021
So, your parents don't owe you care and attention? They don't owe you the basics of life? They don't owe you bring you up in the right manner? Your friends don't owe pointing you in the right direction if you are in the wrong lane? Why then do we exist as humans if we can't be there for our loved one's? My only concern is the entitlement mentality that comes with it that outside we all owe ourselves one or two things depending on our level of capability.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:23am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

Okay na good behavior you owe me, make I send aza??
Pls I have not eaten since yesterday for the sake of humanity (as you mentioned)

Imagine me ending the conversation with f.uck you or cursing you after a tense messages and you decided not to send me the money, now see the height of entitlement on your money that I don’t even know how you work/sweat for it.

You don’t owe me, it is just an act of goodwill and it is not everybody that possess that and some people just don’t do it to avoid some scenarios. You might get there one day.
You can interpret it however you want but the bottom line is that you owe your friends (and humanity) help. In fact you won't even be existing if the world was built with such mindset.
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 9:37am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
You can interpret it however you want but the bottom line is that you owe your friends (and humanity) help. In fact you won't even be existing if the world was built with such mindset.

Actually the world is built with the mindset, that is why we pay for everything.
Nothing is free, only God gives freely
You are still young, I can sense it in you. No offense

Take the red pill but not compulsory, they can make you so bitter if you become exposed to what you are not suppose to know so not compulsory

You can google the meaning of red pill to get started
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 9:50am On Dec 17, 2021
Robisky001:
So, your parents don't owe you care and attention? They don't owe you the basics of life? They don't owe you bring you up in the right manner?

These are responsibilities, What is expected from a parent, True love(have you ever heard the phrase “mother’s love”), Real bloodline. Nevertheless Some parents actually neglected their responsibilities
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 9:58am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

Okay since you owe me, make I send my account number?

Imagine I am automatically entitled to your money. I don’t even have to work for you or know you
Very irrelevant analogy you made. OP never begged him for money! Nobody owes you anything is a stupid, myopic line if thinking that people in nairaland enjoy repeating without thinking.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:58am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

Actually the world is built with the mindset, that is why we pay for everything.

Take the red pill but not compulsory, they can make you so bitter if you become exposed to what you are not suppose to know so not compulsory
I doubt you are as exposed as I am. This has nothing to do with red pill. I'm just pointing out holes in poor arguments. Red pill is knowledge not wickedness.

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:00am On Dec 17, 2021
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Very irrelevant analogy you made. OP never begged him for money! Nobody owes you anything is a stupid, myopic line if thinking that people in nairaland enjoy repeating without thinking.
Exactly. The op is not asking to be spoonfed. If our friends can not help us grow what's the point of the relationship we share then.

2 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:07am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
I doubt you are as exposed as I am. This has nothing to do with a red pill. I'm just pointing out holes in poor arguments. Red is knowledge not wickedness.

It’s weird I just created a topic about life today.

All this mentions will have been avoided if I tell you want you want to hear but I insisted enlightening you

Okay, you are right we owe each other and humanity goodwill, I owe my friends kindness, financial assistance and so on.
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

It’s weird I just created a topic about life today.

All this mentions will have been avoided if I tell you want you want to hear but I insisted enlightening you

Okay, you are right we owe each other and humanity goodwill, I owe my friends kindness, financial assistance and so on.
Enlighten me? Like this? I doubt you know what that means in this case.
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:10am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Abeg no mind them!
I am disgusted severely by those "nobody owes you anything" crew. Some months back, Obi Cubana trended on the social media for weeks. In an event, his friends rained so much money that set the internet on fire. Many people wondered who those friends were. He later on revealed that the "friends" were actually people he raised over the years. These children screaming "nobody owes you anything" will still go to look for mentors. Imagine a mentor telling you to sell yourself! OP was not begging for money, just mentorship from a supposed friend! If you hold onto that nobody owes you anything kind of thinking then I pity your life. Even your employees will soon realise what a selfish mofo you are and will deal with you! A friend told me how he went on working for an ex employer for months even when the business struggled and the boss could not pay them. Since they were into construction, they stayed in the oga's office to do personal jobs and whenever oga had work, they do it for him. I did not do that for my last boss, once he started struggling to pay me, I ditched his business because he was a wicked, selfish mofo!

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 10:13am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Exactly. The op is not asking to be spoonfed. If our friends can not help us grow what's the point of the relationship we share then.
How do you help a mentor grow?
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by MaxieMan: 10:19am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

Even God doesn't give things freely. The sole reason he mentioned that he was a jealous God.

God created you to get back your soul to serve him and sing praises to him in heaven/paradise.
That is why he gets angry when people go astray, it's like losing money on your investments.

So you see, there is a price to pay for everything in life.
A life for a life, breathe for your praise, and it keeps going on and on.

3 Likes

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:20am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Enlighten me? Like this? I doubt you know what that means in this case.

Imagine me replying this message with another moniker in quote “don’t mind the mf”

I will be like a champ in your eyes because that is what you want to hear cheesy
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2021
MaxieMan:

Even God doesn't give things freely. The sole reason he mentioned that he was a jealous God.

God created you to get back your soul to serve him and sing praises to him in heaven/paradise.
That is why he gets angry when people go astray, it's like losing money on your investments.

So you see, there is a price to pay for everything in life.
A life for a life, breathe for your praise, and it keeps going on and on.

You are wise my friend

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by EdoFirstBorn(m): 10:22am On Dec 17, 2021
[s]
WallpaperGuy:
A glory Hunter is a person who loves the center stage, craves attention and in many cases most likely an egomaniac.

In as much as theres nothing in wrong in seeking glory, at most

That been said i just realized
Theres this one friend of mine that we have Kept in touch since secondary school.

I believed what we shared was genuine friendship however lately his actions
and choice of words towards me has given him away.

Look Ive been trying to find my feet again, after several attempts however its been tough with lots of setbacks. Now my friend is well aware, cos i share my strugles with him.

However in a bid for survival, ive asked myself certain questions and realized i have the skillset to go into a business which he happens to be involved in.

Now i approached this friend to teach me so i can have insight and more confidence starting up a new business.

I was confident of a positive reply but was bamboozled by the hurtful words he has dishing out to me.

He said and i quote -

I know you are desperate, you sound desperate. I started from the trenches, i dont owe you nothing, nobody was there for me.

Not convinced i reached out to him on WhatsApp,
Look what he said to me
[/s]

Let me waste some minutes of my life answering this your stupid topic s o you odnt keep going through life making a fool of yourself like this.

1. Learn that the way you feel has nothing to do with life doesn't matter nor does it affect anything. You must learn to check that emotional side and be focused.

2. What matters in life is what you have to offer. for example , do you realize why the whole world has no real respect for Nigerian women? because they took their entitlement mentality to the world on the internet hence everyone lost respect for them. Never have an entitlement mentality, no one owes you anything. No one!! respect yourself and get off your arse and find that eye of the tiger to achieve your goals!!
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:24am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

Imagine me replying this message with another moniker in quote “don’t mind the mf”

I will be like a champ in your eyes because that is what you want to hear cheesy
Lol. People read one little book on red pill or basic philosophy and they think they've become enlightened.
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:26am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. People read one little book on red pill or basic philosophy and they think they've become enlightened.

A little book on basic philosophy or what do u call it is better than not been knowledgeable

Ignorance is a disease

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:29am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

A little book on basic philosophy or what do u call it is better than not been knowledgeable

Ignorance is a disease
Lol. No sign of this enlightenment you are claiming yet. I can't see it in the words. Half knowledge could be worse than no knowledge.
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Imustnottalk: 10:30am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

to me you are making no sense if you are older as you claimed and you are making such comments that show your Level of reasoning do you know Nairaland as a site has helped alot of people to make it in life if alot of people have your mentality here bet me no one will be successful in this life including you because it's someone that help you where you are today directly or indirectly
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:37am On Dec 17, 2021
Imustnottalk:
to me you are making no sense if you are older as you claimed and you are making such comments that show your Level of reasoning do you know Nairaland as a site has helped alot of people to make it in life if alot of people have your mentality here bet me no one will be successful in this life including you because it's someone that help you where you are today directly or indirectly

I am not claiming to be older, because someone from nairaland help you grow doesn’t mean they owe you and must help you grow, that is an act of kindness. Even me myself gives to the poor.
If having the mentality “they owe you”, don’t you think that is some entitlement mentality.
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:38am On Dec 17, 2021
Sapiosexuality:
Lol. No sign of this enlightenment you are claiming yet. I can't see it in the words. Half knowledge could be worse than no knowledge.

Trust me, no matter how I tried.

You won’t see it

Ignorance is a disease
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Imustnottalk: 10:40am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

I am not claiming to be older, because someone from nairaland help you grow doesn’t mean they owe you and must help you grow, that is an act of kindness. Even me myself gives to the poor.
If having the mentality “they owe you”, don’t you think that is some entitlement mentality.
why are we friends if you can't help ,I don't call such people friends .you can't be my friend and you are hiding alot from me
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Imustnottalk: 10:44am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

You won’t see it

Ignorance is a disease
bro maybe you can Google friendship or friends to quench your Ignorance as well
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2021
Imustnottalk:
why are we friends if you can't help ,I don't call such people friends .you can't be my friend and you are hiding alot from me

Not you forcing the help out of him like he owe you some shit.

People are wicked no doubt but there are ways to this things that will make him help you

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:51am On Dec 17, 2021
Imustnottalk:
bro maybe you can Google friendship or friends to quench your Ignorance as well

From Google
A friend is a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.

So you think your friend is actually a friend?
Friends we have now are mutual benefit, parasitic. opportunist.

Case closed
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Imustnottalk: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

From Google
A friend is a person with whom one has a bond of mutual affection, typically one exclusive of sexual or family relations.

So you think your friend is actually a friend?
Friends we have now are mutual benefit

Case closed
you can read more to know about that sir that's how students fail in school
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 10:56am On Dec 17, 2021
Imustnottalk:
you can read more to know about that sir that's how students fail in school

I am not sir my friend, there is something called real life

Because I addressed you as a friend doesn’t mean you are my friend

1 Like

Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Sapiosexuality(m): 10:59am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

You won’t see it

Ignorance is a disease
How did you try?
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Imustnottalk: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2021
Alvelt14:

I am not sir my friend, there is something called real life

Because I addressed you as a friend doesn’t mean you are my friend
don't call me your friend and I can't be one with the mentality you have .I make to people who value me even when I'm broke I can run up to them for help not the one who will laugh me when I'm going down or broke
Re: Beware Of Glory Hunters! See A Whatsapp Message I Got From A 'childhood Friend' by Alvelt14(m): 11:13am On Dec 17, 2021
Imustnottalk:
don't call me your friend and I can't be one with the mentality you have .I make to people who value me even when I'm broke I can run up to them for help not the one who will laugh me when I'm going down or broke

I don’t trust words, what if the person is wealthy.
Narrative changes wink

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Of Alleged Students Having Sex At A Party Spark Outrage / Ondo State University Of Science And Technology Osustech Opens Finally. / I Saw This In Her Bag Few Days Into The Exam - "Facebook User" - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.