Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School (48986 Views)

Video Of Success, The Warri Schoolgirl Sent Away From School Over School Fees / Finally Jamb Have Release The Results / "The Results Are Fake": JAMB Speaks On Release Of UTME 2018 Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by obembet(f): 9:39am On Apr 02, 2022
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:
50-74 is C but the teacher Wrote A in all

Please what your advice?

13 Likes 6 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Omicron007: 9:41am On Apr 02, 2022
shocked

A pupil with an average score of 98% and having a position of 19th is unimaginable.

Personally, I don't think there is a need for awarding positions or rankings.
The grades and total scores in each subject is enough to track the performance of a kid in a class.

I know that school is located in Rivers states. Some of the schools in Rivers always give their students flashy scores and grades so as to make the parents believe their kids are doing well.

Obembet, what sayest thou?

158 Likes 16 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 9:43am On Apr 02, 2022
how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now come in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.

294 Likes 11 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by meum: 9:51am On Apr 02, 2022
I know the name of the school and where it is located. The Op failed to hide all info that can expose the school. grin

Is the position not supposed to be the average of all the positions for each subject? Except there were a lot of people in that class that had a tie for some positions. Just thinking though

Modified: the name of the school is now hidden. The damage had already been done grin grin

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Nobody: 9:53am On Apr 02, 2022
Na wa o.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Bluntguy: 9:53am On Apr 02, 2022
That's what they do in most Nigerian private schools. They are open for business, only very few maintain the required standard. Government owned schools are even the worse for it. Just get your teacher a big head of broom as your handwork and you come out with distinction in all subjects even if your position is 25 out of 25.

Nigerian universities is story for another day.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by christejames(m): 9:58am On Apr 02, 2022
All these private schools that have lowered the standard of education in this country, the ministry of education should be more proactive.

Don't be surprised when you hear that pupil saying "I will tell my daddy for you" cry

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Seredebe: 10:17am On Apr 02, 2022
She came 1st, 2nd or 3rd in most subjects but ended up coming 19th in the class position.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by jibovico(m): 10:36am On Apr 02, 2022
The teacher even failed to spell the word excellent correctly.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by luminouz(m): 11:12am On Apr 02, 2022
Seredebe:
She came 1st, 2nd or 3rd in most subjects but ended up coming 19th in the class position.

Something is wrong with the result. But instead of the OP and the parents to find out from the school, they are taking it to SM, for what?

The excessive need for online validation is sickening. Just approach the school and do the needful, not yelling lalasticlala to carry the news to frontpage.

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by GreatAxeMan: 11:30am On Apr 02, 2022
[img]https://miro.medium.com/max/1400/1*CSC5g21iula3kQfyc1salA.jpeg[/img]

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by LordIsaac(m): 11:43am On Apr 02, 2022
The teacher's knowledge of computation of result is flawed. He/she needs training. Go and complain.

3 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by phemmyfour: 11:57am On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:
I was surprised when My Neighbor show me the result her daughter got from the school yesterday.

How can a girl that normal go to school around 8:30-9am got A for punctually. The funniest part of it is that the teacher give the girl A in all area but still in 19th position out of 25 pupils

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Mukina2
dominique
It's possible if position 1-18 got higher percentages i.e 99-100%

If you find yourself in class with extremely brilliant pupils at that level (Nursery 2), anything less than 99% might take you out of top 10 position in the class

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Oliking(m): 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2022
I actually scrolled up just to confirm this, LMFAO ��
jibovico:

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by juman(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2022
Private school nah.
They earmark mark as they like.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by phemmyfour: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2022
jibovico:
Nothing is wrong with the spelling.... Zoom the result to see clearly

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by AgentGoat: 12:19pm On Apr 02, 2022
How could she be 19th after all these performance.

1 Like

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by colestephan86: 12:25pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Mukina2
dominique
That school is a bad one
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Ultraviolet5: 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
The result is fake ,made to look pretty. see my signature dm if interested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by JUMO95: 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2022
jibovico:
that's why its good to pay teachers well so that they will reduce excess intake of garri. Naa garri dey worry the teacher eye sight

2 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2022
obembet:

RATING GRADE:

Please what your advice?

Lalasticlala
Seun
mynd44
Mukina2
dominique

Your neighbour's daughter is in an arrow class. What that means is that everyone in the class is bright and as such, she could rake in 99 percent in a subject and still come in 5th position or more. In an arrow class, average cumulative total could be as high as 95 percent, meaning each pupil/student in that class pulled in that high per subject.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 1:26pm On Apr 02, 2022
advanceDNA:

how can her position in all subject not be less than 3rd and she now came in 19th

I suspect the teacher is practicing witchcraft.

This is far from witchery. It is common in classes where all the pupils are bright

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 1:28pm On Apr 02, 2022
luminouz:

Something is wrong with the result. But instead of the OP and the parents to find out from the school, they are taking it to SM, for what?

The excessive need for online validation is sickening. Just approach the school and do the needful, not yelling lalasticlala to carry the news to frontpage.

I don't even think anything is wrong with this result.

4 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2022
phemmyfour:

If you find yourself in class with extremely brilliant pupils at that level (Nursery 2), anything less than 99% might take you out if top 10 position in the class

Thank you! If 20 pupils scored 100 percent in a subject, then the next pupil to score 99 percent would come 21st in that subject. I am certain that is exactly what is playing out here.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Juliearth(f): 1:30pm On Apr 02, 2022
AgentGoat:
How could she be 19th after all these performance.

Cumulative total could have been her undoing, I guess.
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 1:34pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

This is far from witchery. It is common in classes where all the pupils are bright

They are just 25 in a class
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by crackhouse(m): 1:35pm On Apr 02, 2022
Ok
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Danmboss(m): 1:36pm On Apr 02, 2022
The teacher is high on meths
Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by advanceDNA: 1:37pm On Apr 02, 2022
Juliearth:

How can her least position in each subject be third and she will end up as 19th over all.... it doesn’t make any sense...

Look at the position in each position individual subject

5 Likes

Re: See The Results My Neighbor's Daughter Got From School by Karleb(m): 1:39pm On Apr 02, 2022
phemmyfour:

If you find yourself in class with extremely brilliant pupils at that level (Nursery 2), anything less than 99% might take you out if top 10 position in the class

Something is definitely wrong here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

“You Feeds Us In School...” Placard Carried By Katsina Pupils (Pictures) / These Ladies Recreated The Picture They Took In 2006 While In Secondary School / Success, Sapele Schoolgirl Wants To Be A Lawyer, How her life has changed now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.