Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,105 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:38 PM

Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself (25003 Views)

Diary Of A Pastor's Son (18+) / Chronicles Of Tracy / The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by dodoatiricetwo(f): 12:00pm On Dec 17, 2021
My name is James, James Olorunoje. I grew up in a christain home where parents were believers to the core and dedicated their whole time and existence to the church of God.

My Father in particular, was compensated with being the church treasurer because he stood and believed in the faith, and in the mission of the Lord. That no matter what happened, He refused to use or tamper with God’s money. My parents both sank into the church and through and down the years, i grew into the church myself. At twelve i had read and completed the bible and i was like a bible dictionary myself. Just like my parents, i sank into the church with them but mine was on a different level. People looked at me and called me “junior pastor” because they saw the light in me. Through the sessions i held when the pastor was at a different mission, the church felt yes I’d get Gods call someday sooner. At 15, the church had trusted me completely and and i ministered not as a pastor though.I didn’t speak in tongues, I didn’t shout into the microphone, I didn’t ask the church to remain on their feet unnecessarily, I didn’t ask them to tell their neighbors this or that. I didn’t ask them to hold hands like you know what your enemy was in the church. My style was modern. I spoke with so much swagger and charisma and the church loved my style.
Then the jealousy set in behind the scenes and i was voted out of preaching on the altar for not having the anointing and could not possibly lead the church in God’s own direction.

Then reality hit me, then the General over seer of the one dimensional church and his flock of other pastors frozed me out entirely and made sure i was put in an usher role. They said i had to climb the ladder and wait fo the anointing or God’s call.

20 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by iboboyswag(m): 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2021
dodoatiricetwo:
My name is James, James Olorunoje. I grew up in a christain home where parents were believers to the core and dedicated their whole time and existence to the church of God.

My Father in particular, was compensated with being the church treasurer because he stood and believed in the faith, and in the mission of the Lord. That no matter what happened, He refused to use or tamper with God’s money. My parents both sank into the church and through and down the years, i grew into the church myself. At twelve i had read and completed the bible and i was like a bible dictionary myself. Just like my parents, i sank into the church with them but mine was on a different level. People looked at me and called me “junior pastor” because they saw the light in me. Through the sessions i held when the pastor was at a different mission, the church felt yes I’d get Gods call someday sooner. At 15, the church had trusted me completely and and i ministered not as a pastor though.I didn’t speak in tongues, I didn’t shout into the microphone, I didn’t ask the church to remain on their feet unnecessarily, I didn’t ask them to tell their neighbors this or that. I didn’t ask them to hold hands like you know what your enemy was in the church. My style was modern. I spoke with so much swagger and charisma and the church loved my style.
Then the jealousy set in behind the scenes and i was voted out of preaching on the altar for not having the anointing and could not possibly lead the church in God’s own direction.

Then reality hit me, then the General over seer of the one dimensional church and his flock of other pastors frozed me out entirely and made sure i was put in an usher role. They said i had to climb the ladder and wait fo the anointing or God’s call.

Following
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Healthrelatedjo: 12:08pm On Dec 17, 2021
Dodoatiricetwo on the beat!
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Haakeem(m): 12:27pm On Dec 17, 2021
Dodoatiricetwo you dey give me joy........keep d good work up.
NEXTT!!!
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Zeel007: 12:45pm On Dec 17, 2021
Dodoatrice 2

Nice one bro...
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Hungerbadoo: 12:47pm On Dec 17, 2021
FOLLOWING
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Anansa0003: 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
Wey my popcorn ..Na here I dae

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Bukolaberry(f): 12:59pm On Dec 17, 2021
yes o, make i take front seat.

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by dodoatiricetwo(f): 1:00pm On Dec 17, 2021
Ladies and gents thanks. We go from here

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by DSC7: 1:30pm On Dec 17, 2021
Las las we go die here grin grin grin....

Feed us more Abegggggg.........

Dodoatirice2 u re doing well.....

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Orente21(f): 1:36pm On Dec 17, 2021
Well done
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by dodoatiricetwo(f): 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
After that, i stoped being steadfast in the work of the lord and coupled with the fact that i gained admission and left for school. In my first year, the same thing happened as in my church just that they didn’t gang up against me and say i was unfit to lead the ministry. In my second year, i retained the post Campus Pastor Post in my second year and someone else was elected in my third year. In my fourth year i came back as campus pastor as the Guy that succeeded me mismanaged funds and it stopped being how it used to be when i led the Association of Christian student as the president and pastor. But I didn’t proclaim i was a pastor or what not. I completed my college education and became a normal person on the outside.

One day i saw one of the popular wealthy pastor on tv, i saw how He preached to his mamoth crowd of supposed believers and the silence that they maintained while he spoke. I saw his miracle session and how scripted they looked, i saw how he boasted about being the richest pastor and how he preached and stressed tithe giving. I could do this I thought to myself somehow but immediately i squashed the thoughts almost immediately, building a
Ministry from 0 to top is no beans play and without God’s calling I thought i Wouldn’t last out there if i did try. One night like that, i had a dream, a visual copy of the dream i had earlier. This time instead of the popular pastor, i was in the middle of the mix and i was doing the same thing i saw that pastor do. Preaching the word. I woke up and then couldn’t sleep thereafter. I knew this was not a calling but my mind dotting on the scene i saw on tv earlier and creating scenes around it.

The morning after, i looked at the choices i have, the only thing that stood in my path from being a Pastor was God’s call. Then i thought to myself. “shebi if God call person, na only you go know” abegi”

Then from that point i started nursing the intentions of calling myself if God’s call took time or didn’t come at all. As at that point in time, my age meter read 26.

14 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Athemisia: 2:16pm On Dec 17, 2021
We don come ooh...
grin grin
Alisson!! Abeg pass me the popcorn...

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by tahir01(m): 2:22pm On Dec 17, 2021
This one go make sense. I don pitch my tent.
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Twelvedemon12(m): 2:23pm On Dec 17, 2021
We here again grin dodoATIrice abeg come update us
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by dodoatirice: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2021
Saga!
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by dodoatiricetwo(f): 2:28pm On Dec 17, 2021
Na you get today throughout mesef i wan read
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by dodoatiricetwo(f): 2:45pm On Dec 17, 2021
I traveled to Akure because i thought i could use a visit to one of my old time pals. His Dad had died and they at one time rented the potion outside their home to a church, a church that had now moved to its permanent site.but the space was their unused and they left several benches behind, at the time I wasn’t connecting the dots. Akure tended to be a place I really vibed with. Me and my dude attended a church in the heart of Akure then we attended much more frequently until one day when they asked someone from the audience to come and share God’s word with the people of God. I volunteered. Took the mike and waited for the congregation to settle down. Then i went:

Speaking into the Microphone:

“Somebody will receive a visit from the most high today” then the Church went livid with their chorusing amen that i thought or felt rang inside the heavens.

I continued, if you are in this congregation and you’re waiting on God for something, he told me he will visit you tonight! (I didn’t have any discussion with God).

Then i ended it with if you’re a living soul please settle down and bring forth you bible as we we listen to the word of the Lord almighty.

Church was feeling it and they didn’t let me finish because my seesion was superseding the other session the other pastors of the church held every day they had service.

On our way home from Church Gbenga then asked us to start a ministry as i had oil in my head. “Shey you see how much people gather for offering when you dey minister” oga make we no dull am o this na busines” i made a case, “but God no call me i told him. He them ranted on and said i was acting like a small Child.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Haakeem(m): 3:00pm On Dec 17, 2021
nxt.
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by ashatoda: 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2021
Oya pastor fire on in the holy Spirit

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by DSC7: 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2021
Born2winOG come see pastor wey call himself ooooooooo cheesy cheesy

Walai problem no dey finish grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by DSC7: 4:56pm On Dec 17, 2021
ashatoda:

Which Holy spirit,,, u dey whine ur village people? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Twelvedemon12(m): 9:31pm On Dec 17, 2021
Baba this one go loud I dun see am
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Rhu4xce: 9:39pm On Dec 17, 2021
Nah MARIO we be for here. One love
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Bukolaberry(f): 9:54pm On Dec 17, 2021
the guy don call himself be that after all he is less busy
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by preshman22: 11:18pm On Dec 17, 2021
ashatoda:
never joke with the Holy spirit

1 Like

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by dodoatiricetwo(f): 7:45am On Dec 18, 2021
We got home and my dude was overly concerned about my performance at the church and how we could use it to our advantage l, make money and escape poverty. Not by starting a Church! I shot at him. He still didn’t back down. For four hours, we deliberated on the issue and came to conclusion because he won and i had decided to start a church call myself and use God’s name to move The ministry. How do we even start a church. My dude provided the resources like the space I mentioned earlier play play ooo. Na this dude stil nack long wooden bench wey we take start. He bought a public address system and our Church started consisting of two members in general, one pastor (me) and my dude as the only member. But where one or two are gathered, The lord self dey there.

3 months of fooling ourselves, we we’re on and off with the church thing because people already had their own churches and it was such a huclean task to have then sway our way. Ten my dude started backing out but fie to the ministry experience i had from my old church and through the mission in my school, i remained steadfast and use that medium or I’d say the platform and the absence of members to practice and perfect my doctrine and my preaching. In time, one or two members came and joined the Church as no market wey you go go wey you n go see pesin wey go ask you say wetin you dey sell. The two members that joined later left for absence of what a church should look like or be which was pretty understandable. No choir, no fanfare, just a young pastor that looked like a scsm and the church benches or what not.

I still wouldn’t give up as I started this then i must see the end. One Sunday like that, i was ministering to myself well but ofcourse through the help of the weak ahuja public address system when i could see from inside the church put together structure that i was ministering from how some youths four in numbers two guys and two ladies, i saw how they nodded kn agreement to the mesage i was passing through the ahuja an one of them gave a comment,

“I for enter this church oo but if i enter now dem go dey use eyes dey screen me dey discriminate because of my tatoo”

Then one of the ladies said

“Slay mama sef dey go church, i go come enter church dem go dey talk say i wear trousers or my top too dey revealing”

They didn’t wait as they talked about all this while they passed through the front of my church structure and as soon as they left, wait a minute i thought. Then i put two and three together and right there and there, i found The New World Outreach! A church where God only sees the heart and you could come at whatever form you wanted. Tatoo, dreadlocks, revealing top, saggy jeans, graphical designer top, if you like noor wear shirt sef. A church where the rejected people in the society or a church where people came and there was no sentiments as to who wore what or who did this or that, a Church where God only sees your heart and not the body or the worldly things you adorned on it.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Twelvedemon12(m): 8:07am On Dec 18, 2021
Hmmmm make I still da observe
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Haakeem(m): 8:37am On Dec 18, 2021
next.
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by ashatoda: 8:41am On Dec 18, 2021
Hmmmm. This is the story of how many pastors came to be. They simply learnt the art of packaging and swagging along with it
Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by dodoatiricetwo(f): 9:02am On Dec 18, 2021
How I’d go about it was the headache, i needed funds to run and put things put there, i needed to create awareness but i was willing to start small. Nobody holy anyway. Naso i enter street with my Ahuja punlic address system, dressed up fancy just like the way yahoo boys dressed with their crossbags. Then from street to street, i sand about the gospel. Preached about the gospel, shared handbills that directed people to my church location for like one week back to back i was on the streets and brother man the gospel was all i sang about. Some people looked at me and though i was high. Because how can you call yourself a man of God and your dressing doesn’t speak it. Some other people looked at me and just went about their way. Then i went through a junction and saw a cluster of boys minding their business, smoking and chatting away into the morning of this particular day. I summoned a little courage and approached them.

I got closer to them and they were surprised to see a preacher who dressed exactly like them. I told them about a new church, a church where you came and be free, a church where you came and No one checked you out. A new church where no one judged you as a smoker, a church where you won’t get discriminated about whatever life you lived, what you did or what you’re into.. the point of the church was to serve God no matter who or what you are, a Church that started early and closed early on worship days. They all listened in silence as i spoke and when i was done, I left there hoping the congregation on Sunday would at least change numbers. From one member to five was an upgrade for the church i thought.

6 Likes

Re: Chronicles Of A Pastor That Ordained Himself by Twelvedemon12(m): 10:17am On Dec 18, 2021
More update abeg

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Living in The Dark (18+) / Silhouette; A Short Story / The Proposition (15+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.