Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' (22707 Views)

Kemi Olunloyo Clashes With SARS Officers At Ecobank In Lagos / Shizzi, Davido's Producer Calls For Collaboration With Wizkid / Davido Celebrates Shizzi, The Man That Changed His Life, On His Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Omicronvaccine: 5:17am On Dec 19, 2021
Nigerian singer, Teniola Apata, and music producer, Seyi ‘Shizzi’ Akerele, traded words over the production of the singer’s hit song, ‘Case’, IgbereTV reports.

The quarrel started on Friday when Teni tweeted,

“Users have no pity, they’ll use you and feel no remorse, don’t let that crown shift. Walk away.”

In response, Shizzi tweeted on Saturday,

“Oh you don dey feel am? Them don dey serve you breakfast already? See who’s talking about users?

“You that took a song that I produced with you ‘Case’ and you went and gave your in-house producer to reproduce it without my consent and you released the song and your guy ‘Nurse Dolor’ endorsed it with no remorse till today. you’re talking about users. Nah stop it!”

Teni replied,

“You that you wanted to waste my life. Signed me with no plans. You gave my songs away, my mother paid you in full and I got out the contract. I walked away peacefully. Thank God for my mom, I would’ve still been singing on the streets of Atlanta.

“Drop the stems if you really produced it. Drop the stems in ten minutes or you’re a little bi*ch.”

But Shizzi insisted saying,

“You must answer first. Your career benefited from my creation of the song “Case” which you took to someone else to reproduce. Yes or No?

“And when you wanted to leave , I gave you all my blessing without hesitation despite all that was done to move your career forward.

“For your information, I have all the receipts with your mum begging me on the phone and I let you go in peace you ungrateful cunt.”

The producer later dropped a video of Teni singing the song with a caption,

“You asked for it and here is one of the receipts. A video of the day we made #Case. Today the whole world knows who you are. The real person you are! An ungrateful element.”

Teni however asked him to drop the stems of the song and he did but the singer insisted that Shizzi should drop a video of them recording the song.

“Don’t drop a picture, play the sound with my voice that I recorded, since you produced it,” Teni tweeted.

Shizzi replied,

“I created the idea from scratch. It don’t matter if you didn’t record vocals that same day. My idea is my idea and moreover l, did you credit me or pay for it as the creator? And I can ask Sony to take that it down. Don’t play with me.”

Below is the video of Teni singing the song while with she was in the studio with Shizzi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxjCHA0Ns8E

https://www.instagram.com/p/CXodf2CLro6/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Omicronvaccine: 5:17am On Dec 19, 2021
More

1 Share

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Mokason288(m): 5:18am On Dec 19, 2021
No love in the street

Welcome to the street

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Simdyofficial(f): 5:24am On Dec 19, 2021
Another case

24 Likes

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by beeblack: 5:45am On Dec 19, 2021
Eleyi gidi gan o.

Studio fight. Make una no frustrate this girl o. Teni no be only musician but also comedian

5 Likes

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by emae009(m): 5:47am On Dec 19, 2021
except there's more....
All I can deduce from these talks is that Shizzi undervalued Teni.
So He allowed her Teni to buy out her contract cheap. But him expecting credit for the song because it made rounds is low ball.

that's a private discuss

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by HeadNigga: 6:05am On Dec 19, 2021
Shizzi, Davido's producer that year.

Making wrong investment decisions is normal. You were paid to let the girl go so she had the right to put out the music she likes with any producer. Is she owing you for the beats? Shizzi, you be big name, chill bro.

78 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by WoundedLamb: 7:11am On Dec 19, 2021
It's possible he participated in creating the song even if he didn't fully produce it. But it appears he let it all slip away cause he didn't know it would become something big.

“And when you wanted to leave , I gave you all my blessing without hesitation despite all that was done to move your career forward."
So why the change of mind now?

Omicronvaccine:

Teni however asked him to drop the stems of the song and he did but the singer insisted that Shizzi should drop a video of them recording the song.
@bolded: Where is it?

18 Likes

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Perfecttouch(m): 7:19am On Dec 19, 2021
Never underate, devalue or underestimate anyone..

67 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by money121(m): 7:58am On Dec 19, 2021
Wahala
Be like bicycle grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by IamGblaize(m): 8:07am On Dec 19, 2021
From all indications teni is in the wrong here... Most of this niaja artiste don't take intellectual property serious... Imagine teni saying she only freestyled to shizzi beat... The worst part you took it to another producer..to remake.. She should be happy shizzi is not a broke ass producer he for don sue her since

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Afonja2: 8:23am On Dec 19, 2021
IamGblaize:
From all indications teni is in the wrong here... Most of this niaja artiste don't take intellectual property serious... Imagine teni saying she only freestyled to shizzi beat... The worst part you took it to another producer..to remake.. She should be happy shizzi is not a broke ass producer he for don sue her since

Read the Convo again. Teni wrote the song. It was never recorded with Shizi, so how can he claim he produced it?

BTW, she bought her contract with him and they parted way "amicably". How can she put his name in the song again? Was it his beat that was eventually used in the recorded version or did he write the song?

65 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by slimghost(m): 9:08am On Dec 19, 2021
Afonja2:

Read the Convo again. Teni wrote the song. It was never recorded with Shizi, so how can he claim he produced it?

BTW, she bought her contract with him and they parted way "amicably". How can she put his name in the song again? Was it his beat that was eventually used in the recorded version or did he write the song?

You don’t understand how music works. His claim is that they remade his beat. If Teni was under contract then and he can prove that even the chords are same, SONY will take down that music.
Producing a song and recording(voicing) are 2 different things.
Shizzy is not claiming the song was recorded in his studio. His claim is that the instrumental was birthed by him. And from what I have heard from the 2 instruments, he has a solid case.
People should stop egging Teni on because some musicians have paid for lesser IP theft. She should just let this die down.

73 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by judinho07(m): 9:10am On Dec 19, 2021
"abeg may una go front jo....when it was going smothly u guy's no let us know..now way change involved..una no let person hear word by painting eachorder blue/piñk...well i pity ppl way go cọme de pick side lyk say na drow-drow dey de do...!!!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by McEphiks(m): 9:43am On Dec 19, 2021
Shizzi should go and rest abeg

3 Likes

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by IamGblaize(m): 9:53am On Dec 19, 2021
Afonja2:

Teni bought her contract meaning she needed to start afresh ..... labels only allow you to buy yourself out of a contract and still retain your intellectual property... If you pay them really well.... Which obviously teni didn't do ... And the idea of the beat was first created by shizzi , go and read about oliver Rodrigo intellectual property case she is about to pay 1.2 million dollars to Taylor swift and co ..... Intellectual property theft is all about idea bro... If shizzi sue he Go win , make baba just forget the matter and let her be....

35 Likes

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by IamGblaize(m): 9:56am On Dec 19, 2021
slimghost:

You don’t understand how music works. His claim is that they remade his beat. If Teni was under contract then and he can prove that even the chords are same, SONY will take down that music.
Producing a song and recording(voicing) are 2 different things.
Shizzy is not claiming the song was recorded in his studio. His claim is that the instrumental was birthed by him. And from what I have heard from the 2 instruments, he has a solid case.
People should stop egging Teni on because some musicians have paid for lesser IP theft. She should just let this die down.

Spot on boss

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by money121(m): 7:16pm On Dec 19, 2021
Ok
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Iamdbull: 7:17pm On Dec 19, 2021
Dbull on this one!!!

I hope I don't experience this when my song blow because na like 4 different engineers worked on it

2 Likes

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by younglleo: 7:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
grin
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Iamajala: 7:20pm On Dec 19, 2021
Forget who own song, na Teni sing am, so na she we Sabi o

3 Likes

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by YorubaIsCursed: 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2021
Yoruba self angry cry

1 Like

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Nobody: 7:21pm On Dec 19, 2021
Nigerian music artiste and producers don’t even murder each other

Social media is their own war.

Bonnie’s that should be smoking each other to make the industry interesting

Just be ranting on social media

1 Like

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Annie001: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Wahala no dey finish for this country
Courtesy of Buhari

1 Like

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Naira land with stale news.

Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Jidemoo: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Smh
Re: Teni Clashes With Shizzi For Claiming He Originally Produced Hit Song, ‘Case' by Benitoh: 7:22pm On Dec 19, 2021
Clash of the Titans abi na mistake

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout Solidstar's Reaction To A Drawing Of Him / Falz Speaks On Yahoo Boys, Nigeria Police, Others / Benson Okonkwo Back With "King Of Fools" Movie (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.