Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,646 members, 7,851,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 02:43 PM

Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. (1292 Views)

'I Can’t Be Bullied' Bianca Ojukwu Shares Clearer Video Of Fight With Mrs Obiano / Obiano Commissions Obizi And Otuocha Regional Water Scheme (Photos) / Governor Obiano Commissions Nengo Bridge, Nteje And Others (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by Danniscott(m): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2021
Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets in two Markets
       ...Restates Commitment to Charity
By Daniel Eze

Wife of the Governor of Anambra State and founder of the charity organization, Caring Family Enhancement Initiative, CAFE, Dr. (Mrs.) Ebelechukwu Obiano (Osodieme) has commissioned two toilet projects on 18 December 2021 at Eke Fada Market, Owerre-Ezukala and Afor Enugwu-Umuonyia, Orumba South Local Government Area.

The projects, powered by the United Nations Development Programme, UNDP, are among the twenty-two already built by CAFE in select rural markets across Anambra State and donated to help stop open defecation.

The toilets, which come with steady running water and standby generator set, are expected to provide decent enclosure for traders, especially the market women, and promote personal hygiene and environmental cleanliness.

Speaking at each of the markets, Mrs. Obiano, represented by the Commissioner for Housing and Urban Renewal, Architect Mike Okonkwo, thanked the people for voting for the All Progressives Grand Alliance, APGA, in November 6 governorship election. She noted that even though her husband's tenure is officially winding down in March next year, she is still committed to continue working through her NGO to improve fortunes of the less privileged in the society.

The governor's wife stated that the toilet projects with many other programmes of CAFE, are her way of supporting her husband's leadership efforts, asked the women who would be taking care of the projects to ensure that they are properly and constantly maintained.

She also expressed happiness that her husband, Governor Obiano, would leave office with his shoulders high, having laid a strong foundation for successful leadership in his more than seven years in power.

In his remarks, Deputy Chief Press Secretary to the Governor of Anambra State, Mr. Emeka Ozumba, who is also CAFE's Project Manager, explained that through the rural market toilet scheme Mrs. Obiano aims to protect the dignity of women and give them a sense of decency, as well as boost the campaign to stop open defecation and hygiene-related sicknesses in the communities.

Transition Committee Chairman of Orumba South, Chief Cyprian Okereke, in his remarks said that the governor's wife has effectively used CAFE to set a template for social intervention in Anambra State and beyond. In the same vein, the President General of Owerre-Ezukala, Barrister Anayo Emejuo, and his Enugwu-Umuonyia counterpart, Mr Hillary Mbanusi, said that the toilet projects would help greatly in the markets. They praised the governor's wife for providing solid support to her husband's legacies.

The women of Owerre-Ezukalla and Enugwu Umuonyia were not left out as they sang and danced whilst commending Osodieme for fulfilling her promises to their respective communities.

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by Danniscott(m): 7:23am On Dec 20, 2021
More pictures

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by DjRickyNG: 7:36am On Dec 20, 2021
Such a poor structure in a dirty environment!
I'm sure no maintenance plan will be put in place to keep the proper functioning of the toilet. A toilet that might end up being locked against public use till it's complete decapitation.

It beats my imagination how everything is commissioned & celebrated in Africa by our so called honourables,wives & colleagues.
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by clarocuzioo(m): 7:41am On Dec 20, 2021
What a show of shame.

2 Likes

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by oteneaaron(m): 7:46am On Dec 20, 2021
Shameful and Pathetic.

But what do I know?
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by yanabasee2: 8:06am On Dec 20, 2021
clarocuzioo:
What a show of shame.

Little things matters....

Lots of people get pressed and probably with running stomach and if they go to the market, having this there could safe a life

1 Like

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by Nobody: 8:09am On Dec 20, 2021
Speaking at each of the markets, Mrs. Obiano, represented by the Commissioner for Housing and Urban Renewal, Architect Mike Okonkwo, thanked the people

Sometimes people should read before clout chasing.

Secondly a united nations project.

Thirdly No picture of Obiano's wife there just a man trying to sing her praises.

I am not a fan of Osodieme aka osodietipia but people should endeavor to read before looking for clout.

I am 100% sure OP didn't read what he/she posted.
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by BigSarah(f): 8:12am On Dec 20, 2021
NGO
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by lordaltruist(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2021
clarocuzioo:
What a show of shame.

You will not understand the importance of that project until you are having a running stomach one day and it just happened to start in the market.

Do you know that most Nigerian public markets lacks this simple but very important amenities?

98% of Nigerian market doesn't even have this in place while the other 2% have it but due to poor maintenance, they are useless. Hopefully that won't be the case with this one.

There are so many very simple but also very necessary and important social amenities like this that Nigeria is lacking in mostly public places.

Whether it's a huge or small project, that they have it is a good initiative.

2 Likes

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by helinues: 8:28am On Dec 20, 2021
The money spent for the commissioning could be more than the money allocated for the project.

Wife of a governor go commission toilets, like wtf

Yeye people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by helinues: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2021
yanabasee2:

Lots of people get pressed and probably with running stomach and if they go to the market, having this there could safe a life

So no local government chairman in that axis?

undecided
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by yanabasee2: 8:36am On Dec 20, 2021
helinues:

So no local government chairman in that axis?
undecided
What's wrong with the wife of the governor doing it?

Must we all wait for local chairmen to do things?

How much is given to the local government chairmen as budgets?
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by helinues: 8:40am On Dec 20, 2021
yanabasee2:

What's wrong with the wife of the governor doing it?

Must we all wait for local chairmen to do things?

How much is given to the local government chairmen as budgets?

What?

This kind of mediocrity is raised to power 16 aswear.

Please how much did the project cost that ordinary councillor can't handle it not to talk of Lg chairman.

Make you people dey reason this things through before dropping it online now

2 Likes

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by globemoney01: 8:54am On Dec 20, 2021
yanabasee2:

Nigerians criticize for the sake of criticizing, everyone is hungry, mad and roaming.
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by globemoney01: 8:56am On Dec 20, 2021
helinues:

What?

Please how much did the project cost that ordinary councillor can't handle it not to talk of Lg chairman.

Can we see projects done by your governors wife in your backward state so we can compare with number of projects Obiano's wife has done so far especially houses built and furnished for widows.. Abi councillors should do that one too while your APC govs wife buys the best mary kay and asoebi.
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by globemoney01: 8:57am On Dec 20, 2021
helinues:
The money spent for the commissioning could be more than the money allocated for the project.

Wife of a governor go commission toilets, like wtf

Yeye people
The governor of your state when last did he pay salaries to workers? Where is your fake outrage
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by Lamasta(m): 9:01am On Dec 20, 2021
Should we call this achievement or what Commissioner of toilet
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by yanabasee2: 10:25am On Dec 20, 2021
helinues:

What?

You're not exposed to the reality of things, reason why you zombied around carelessly....

I doubt if you know anything about politics....
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by helinues: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2021
yanabasee2:

You're not exposed to the reality of things, reason why you zombied around carelessly....

I doubt if you know anything about politics....

Why not answer my questions without carrying goal post Mr Politics
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by Conner44: 11:36am On Dec 20, 2021
helinues:

Why not answer my questions without carrying goal post Mr Politics

Bmc zombie who must always comment on igbo threads grin

Don’t you think it’s better to commission toilets than to commission IDP camps like your own state government does?
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by blamingthedevil: 11:38am On Dec 20, 2021
Nawao for this people, commissioning Toilets?
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by helinues: 11:39am On Dec 20, 2021
Conner44:

Bmc zombie who must always comment on igbo threads grin

Don’t you think it’s better to commission toilets than to commission IDP camps like your own state government does?

Are you saying you guys are now developing toilet?

undecided

1 Like

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by Ndimkpurummiri(m): 12:04pm On Dec 20, 2021
Change Mrs obiano to Mrs Tinubu in the topic and see how unfortunate jobless people from the land of barbeque human being will react

1 Like

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by clarocuzioo(m): 12:05pm On Dec 20, 2021
lordaltruist:

You will not understand the importance of that project until you are having a running stomach one day and it just happened to start in the market.

Do you know that most Nigerian public markets lacks this simple but very important amenities?

98% of Nigerian market doesn't even have this in place while the other 2% have it but due to poor maintenance, they are useless. Hopefully that won't be the case with this one.

There are so many very simple but also very necessary and important social amenities like this that Nigeria is lacking in mostly public places.

Whether it's a huge or small project, that they have it is a good initiative.

Thats a project to be done by the councillor or Market Union Chairman, and not the wife of the governor for christ sake.

Please stop celebrating mediocrity.
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by abu12: 12:12pm On Dec 20, 2021
I hope children of hate will not come for her, because they are saddest, who never see anything good
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by DEROX: 12:24pm On Dec 20, 2021
grin Lets blame tinubu also here
Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 21, 2021
Ndimkpurummiri:
Change Mrs obiano to Mrs Tinubu in the topic and see how unfortunate jobless people from the land of barbeque human being will react
Ibos are hypocrites.

I've chosen to start peppering them with my comments

1 Like

Re: Mrs. Obiano Commissions Toilets In Two Markets. by Peterobiisathie(f): 8:08am On Dec 21, 2021
DubaiLandLord:
Ibos are hypocrites.

I've chosen to start peppering them with my comments
they deserve every Gbasgbos given them

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lol � FFK Is A Confirmed Hypocrite Hear His Christmas Message / Bashir El-rufai- On The Road To Golgotha. / I Just Got Posted To Ekiti State For My NYSC. What Should I Know Please?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.