Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:34 AM

Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi (67661 Views)

Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi / Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by bestofnollywood: 11:27am On Dec 23, 2021
Queen Naomi Silekunola announces ‘divorce’ from Ooni of Ife, explains reasons

Her Majesty, Queen Silekunola Naomi, has announced her separation from the Ooni of Ife Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi Ojaja II.

In a statement posted on her verified Instagram handle and Facebook page on Thursday, she announced an end to the three-year marriage.

According to her, she tried to make the union work but said the monarch’s public identity is at variance with “his true self”.

The fair-skinned ex-queen wrote, “I did my best to endure and make it work; many times, I smiled through the struggle, but I have finally realised I had just one assignment, my son, and when God is done, He is done. He chose Saul to be king, and when He was done, He told the prophet Samuel I have moved on. Religion was never an issue between us; please refer to my interview on News Central TV. Instead, His Majesty has a picture he would love the world to see and perceive him as and another one which is his true self.”

The evangelist then declared, “Today I announce the beginning of a new dawn and the close of a chapter. Today, I am a mother to God’s unique gift. I am no longer a slave to my thoughts of perfection. I, at this moment, announce that I shall no longer be referred to as wife to the Ooni of Ife or as Queen of Ile-Ife but as the Queen of the people and mother of my adorable Prince.”

Responding to some allegations, Silekunola said that her “decision to move on did not come because his majesty is married to another queen”.

She further explained, “As many would love to assume, throughout our life as a couple, I was the only married wife to him. There were side attractions, but it was never an issue.

"I never approached him with any revelation of any sort, as many believed he contacted me first and made his proposal known several months later.

“The marriage was not an arranged one, as many have misconstrued. I never knew the prophetess said to have introduced me to him. Instead, he introduced her to me after I agreed to marry him. I was only being polite out of respect for him.

“I have never been pregnant all my life before Tadenikawo; my son is my first ever pregnancy with medical reports to back it up. The girl who is said to be my daughter is my niece.”

The Ooni previously suffered a marital breakdown in 2017 when he split from Edo-born Zaynab-Otiti Obanor, whom he married as a monarch on March 16, 2016. Obanor’s marriage to the king lasted for 17 months before the separation.

He later married Silekunola in 2018 and the marriage produced a son, Tadenikawo.

The 47-year-old monarch also had a daughter with Omolara Olatubosun as a teenager. Olatubosun gave birth to Princess Adeola Ogunwusi but of recent, there have been counter-claims between the Ooni and Olatubosun over who was responsible for the upbringing of their daughter.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-queen-naomi-silekunola-announces-divorce-from-ooni-of-ife-explains-reasons/%3famp

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by dollynnn(f): 11:29am On Dec 23, 2021
Hmm

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by daddytime(m): 11:35am On Dec 23, 2021
Na wa

It seems like marriage isn't truly for everyone.

I commend her for the way she handled and is taking it.

Life goes on..

Check out my siggy

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by cablenews: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2021

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by omofranyoung(m): 11:44am On Dec 23, 2021
Matter arising.....

Something are better left alone.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by slivertongue: 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2021
Sad.

Maybe marriage is not his game.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 12:14pm On Dec 23, 2021
Like this one wants to divorce again?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by relaxandsmile: 12:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
As much as men want to be responsible,only women can make a marriage to work.
She has already dropped a heir to the throne and through that she is going to be the indirect future king of that house.
Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZEf5JHJwtk

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ayofaks(f): 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
Woooow! This is shocking. They looked so good together. I bet the ex wife is somewhere sipping wine and shaking her head

137 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by BIGDADDY000(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
No No No, Not again,

Honestly this is not good at all for someone like our great king.

people are turning yoruba culture upside down with civilization this days,

In the olden days you dare not divorce a king unless HE divorce you,neither

will you rejects A KING proposal to you, in facts now a days you cant try it with

ALAAFIN OF OYO or some first class OBAS as well. this is becoming ridiculous,

NEVERTHELESS, i think BABA as well need to adjust and correct the error if HE himself

is the major problem to his matrimonial home, I PERSONALLY FEEL SAD FOR THIS.

61 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Mogajunior(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
cool

Divorce..., The end of an error.
Just live your life. What comes comes, what goes, goes.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by smatt1711: 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
Ok
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Princeadebayo11(m): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
Soldier go soldier come, Barack remain the same. Wife go wife come Oni palace still remain the same. The king go soon find replacement ASAP. But this married people keep proving to us that marriage and relationship na Scam. His Royal highness needs to do some spiritual cleansing

77 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by RiyadhGoddess(f): 12:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
Chai my namesake
So sad

Asides from the spiritual/religion differences, there's been news of ladies & babies.
When I see her sing praises of her husband in the media, I wondered how long she would continue to act "all is well" when it isn't well ni afin.
She's emotionally strong though.

May God console whatever pains this speration/divorce might cause you.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by janedonez(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
This not good news to the ears.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by We4all: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
This is a confirmation that the problem is with the Ooni and not the women.

126 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by id4sho(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
T
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Caboceer: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
relaxandsmile:
As much as men want to be responsible,only women can make a marriage to work.
She has already dropped a heir to the throne and through that she is going to be the indirect future king of that house.
Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZEf5JHJwtk

To burst your bubble Enitan Ogunw usi's son is definitely not going to be king.

The throne of Ife is rotational amongst about three or four dynastic roots

87 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by todaynewsreview: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hmmmmmm
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by wunmi590(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021

Ooni should just leave marriage for now and focus more on the development of the whole of Osun state...

Not everybody would be a married man, he should count his lose, and find a lasting solution to what makes woman leaves him after 2-3years before he embark on another marital life.

I wish you well sir

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by superCleanworks(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
she gave reasons? seriously?

was this marriage every supposed to happen in the first place?

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Tokskob2008: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hmm... Something else is up and not because of the Oba's public identity or whatever she wrote up there..

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Nostring: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Ooni don chop breakfast

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Frestuffng: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
I believe her Virgina Will not remain the same.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Ventura1: 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Inside Life!
Something is obviously not right with Ooni Adeyeye, I remember one of his baby mama claim he's a very dramatic man.

Why are most Oba's enthroned by Tinubu's influence controversial? Ooni and Oluwo of Iwo comes to mind, something is wrong.

51 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by BIZNess123(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
embarassed
OMG is damn cute..

Meanwhile if you need urgent loan check my signature to proceed..
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by R0LL0N(m): 12:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hymmm marriage! Marriage is not a day celebration.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Rugaria: 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
But why are they all divorcing him, Inspite of his riches and privileged position in the society? Is he that terrible a character? He laughs and talks kindly but it seems he's a terrible human being. I mean how many wives have gone now? 3 or 4? And he's still young! Haba na

59 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by UTILITYMAY(m): 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
Haba!
Na wa ooo; what exactly is the problem with this man's marital life? Now you see that neither money nor status can keep a marriage, it is only by God's grace. Waiting to know what the issue is this time around.

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Fiscus105(m): 12:53pm On Dec 23, 2021
bestofnollywood:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-queen-naomi-silekunola-announces-divorce-from-ooni-of-ife-explains-reasons/%3famp

I think I will begin to fear women now, just the way some nairaland urchins believed, with money in hand, woman can fall for anything. I mean guy that goes against their "belief, ideology, even spec".

Uhmmmm! Money and fame not always bring Joy!

Naomi a popular evagelist in the house of number "0NE" Idol worshipper in Odua kingdom?

Naomi at 25 went for man over 40.

Naomi married a polygamist. .....Indeed woman human beings are not predictable.
........how is she evagilized? Who are the sheep she's preaching to?

28 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Set To Marry Two More Wives This October, Meet His New Brides / Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.