Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi (67754 Views)

Wells Carlton Hotel Staff Prostrate To Welcome Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Why I Married Moronke Naomi Silekunola - Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi / Tope Adesegun And Ooni Of Ife, Adeyeye Ogunwusi Set To Wed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Elidrisy20: 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
What is wrong with ooni? Or is incapable of ***
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by zanshi: 1:29pm On Dec 23, 2021
1nigeriamyfoot:

Not all about light & darkness but there are some things that we can't spill out about Ooni

As regard the part where they talked about welfare of the daughter he had with Omolara Olatunbosun, we need to set the record straight that Omolara trained her daughter all herself before Ooni assumed the throne (this I can confirm because she's someone that's very close to me)

That is not entirely true Ooni and the ex wife Olatunbosun were co-parenting the daughther and he paid all her school fees in private schools she went to. He may not have been the best dad ever but he never treated her like crap.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Pat081: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
UTILITYMAY:
Haba!
Na wa ooo; what exactly is the problem with this man's marital life? Now you see that neither money nor status can keep a marriage, it is only by God's grace. Waiting to know what the issue is this time around.
God bless you but in my thinking, it shows that this king can not manage his home too has he heard it in history that all the kings b4 him who is doing this

2 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
Wow, this is shocking. I remember the whole drama with his ex-wife and how people blamed her after the divorce. It's obvious this man is the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Champneys: 1:30pm On Dec 23, 2021
thorpido:
I think the lady is a foolish lady in the first place. Didn't she know her 'calling' as a prophetess was always going to be at variance with whatever the Ooni would represent?

Which foolish calling?

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Kunleop: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
Cowbell521:
Make d king tnk his god say another baggage don comot him life
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by StreetFight: 1:31pm On Dec 23, 2021
relaxandsmile:
As much as men want to be responsible,only women can make a marriage to work.
She has already dropped a heir to the throne and through that she is going to be the indirect future king of that house.
Watch this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZEf5JHJwtk

The current Ooni's son is not heir to the thrown. The next Ooni is coming from one of the other families who are Cousins to the current Ooni.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by foleskay(m): 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2021
IYANGBALI:
Any man that sleeps with her now will never be the same again(if you know, you know)
Na lie. All those beliefs happend long in d 18th century. If she carry her punna come gimme. I go fvck am.nothing go happen. U know how many dicks his ex wife don sample since 2018??

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by sisisioge: 1:32pm On Dec 23, 2021
Hmmmmm.....Kabiesi, wetin dey happen nau? Just when I'm begining to warm up to Queen Naomi, Queen Wuraola too had to leave, remember? It is well.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by thorpido(m): 1:34pm On Dec 23, 2021
Champneys:

Which foolish calling?
That's why i put the word in parentheses.
Nevertheless, she should have known better.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by TuFab(f): 1:35pm On Dec 23, 2021
BestRicePlug28:

My sister I like you, na only woman wey village people swear for nai go see sweet man for sweet marriage commot. These days when I see my neighbor wey drive e wife out after many children and daily beating with e new wife, I go just the laugh. She no know wassap, make she carry Belle first then she go understand. She no know say the entire area Sabi the man. We the wait for her first Album. I'm not wishing her bad o, but for wetin she make the other woman face, she must see her own. We no dey drag am
Noraml normal she must face am.
I like you too jare.

3 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by advanceDNA: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
superCleanworks:
she gave reasons? seriously?

was this marriage every supposed to happen in the first place?

She wanted to do replay Queen esther in the Bible....
She did not know those people in the Bible stories different from naija ...

3 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Caboceer: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
36STATES:
Our Oni is into men not women. His greatest mistake is the title he accepted, he would have continued being who he is without much hoo hoo.

Your head dey there

Kabiyesi probably likes boysgrin

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by InvertedHammer: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
/
It is very difficult for a man of affluence and power to marry for love. I feel sorry for Ooni. He is the honey. Other bees will start hoovering.

Marry first. Become rich later. Then you can live happily ever after.
Become rich. Then try to marry. Only God in his divine mercy can guide and save you then.

/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by joelbooks: 1:36pm On Dec 23, 2021
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Akharmony: 1:38pm On Dec 23, 2021
Nah dem. . they dont trust themselves even.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by princepalace: 1:39pm On Dec 23, 2021
whether the news is true or false, one thing i know and very sure of it, this woman if truly she is a christian and a child of God, the marriage can never stand test of time, talk less of lasting. take it or leave it the marriage is not of God. the scriptures can never be broken. two of them are two different entity. from day 1, i said to people that the said marriage will end in premium tear. time shall tell

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Testimony1988(m): 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
Nawa o.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by BabaO2: 1:41pm On Dec 23, 2021
RiyadhGoddess:
Chai my namesake
So sad

Asides from the spiritual/religion differences, there's been news of ladies & babies.
When I see her sing praises of her husband in the media, I wondered how long she would continue to act "all is well" when it isn't well ni afin.
She's emotionally strong though.

May God console whatever pains this speration/divorce might cause you.
Na olojukokoro. She purposely went to defile and desecrate the palace
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Josphine4good(f): 1:42pm On Dec 23, 2021
Pictures of Ooni of Ife other wifes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by KingOKON: 1:43pm On Dec 23, 2021
This man still do Casanova

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by derecho(m): 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
zomby:

Wow!
This is not a good news.

This is wife number 3 for the Ooni of Ife. It can no longer be the wives fault. This may be a perfect moment for the HRH to take a break and do a complete self evaluation.

According to the wife#3, she tried her best, but the monarch’s public identity is at variance with her true self…I’m sorry to say that if the king truly cared he should have discovered and established a method of operation to protect his Queen and make her super comfortable.

As much as I admire this king, it’s time for him discover why these wives refused to stay. He may need to seek advice from iku yeye baba of Oyo.
Again, not a good news for the Ife people and the entire Nigerians.
Assuming this story is true..
So because she said what she said, and she's number 3, the king must be the problem?
Have you asked yourself the kind of women these women are?
I only respect the first one though I don't know her.I learnt she left because she doesn't like the fetish stuffs attached to the Kingship. The Second one looks like his former girlfriend who just wanted to be queen but doesn't know the challenges.
This one that is just quoting Bible, has a fair knowledge as a Yoruba girl of what it involves. Even a baby Christian knows that you shouldn't be unequally yoked to an unbeliever.You went on to marry him, knowing he isn't just an unbeliever but a divorcee. What were you expecting? That you'd change him? Are you the HolySpirit?
I wonder the nonsense she's giving as excuse.
Na after you born pikin, your brain come open.That's been the game all along.Just creating problem for these young children.
If you aren't ready for marriage, just stay away from it.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Nobody: 1:47pm On Dec 23, 2021
UTILITYMAY:

How true is this your information?

Like you would be happy if the marriage failed! My source is authentic. The news is from The Punch that carried the divorce news initially.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Nobody: 1:50pm On Dec 23, 2021
bestofnollywood:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-queen-naomi-silekunola-announces-divorce-from-ooni-of-ife-explains-reasons/%3famp

When a king turned himself to a clown and trying to funkify tradition, this is what happens to them.

Have you seen or heard kings like Alaafin, Alake and many great kings turned themselves to social media clowns? Have you heard rubbish from their wives? This is the rubbish you get when you try to modernize tradition.

Normally king can marry as many as possible even the biblical kings but once you become a simp, you are no longer worthy.

Can any wives of the late Oni try this rubbish? Sick generation

2 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Champneys: 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
thorpido:
That's why i put the word in parentheses.
Nevertheless, she should have known better.

There is more to it. Time will tell, its most likely not so much of the religious difference or beliefs.

Afterall, she knew what she was getting into and she wasnt forced to marry him in the first place.

And they actually dated/courted.
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by TuFab(f): 1:51pm On Dec 23, 2021
Josphine4good:
Continuation;

Ronke is also the cultural ambassador to Queen Moremi Ajasoro, an arm of the House of Oduduwa Foundation. She has been working closely with the traditional ruler for some years now prompting her to move to Ile Ife. She co-founded the Adire Oodua Textile Hub in Ile-Ife. Ooni even commissioned her cultural centre a few months ago.

At a glance, Oba Ogunwusi and Ronke Ademiluyi appear to be working together and jointly promoting Yoruba culture. Underneath the façade, they are allegedly seeing each other.

The Deputy Convener of Hope Alive Initiative, Tope Adesegun, is also alleged to be one of the women who has a place in the monarch’s heart. She was once rumoured to be the one to replace Olori Wuraola, the Ooni’s first wife who quit their marriage over allegations of infidelity and barrenness. Her initiative is under the management of House of Oduduwa Foundation.

The third woman, Princess Afolashade Ashely had her base in London a few years ago until her relocation to Nigeria to join the Ooni in his palace. She is an accountant and runs a Non-Governmental Organization, Ashley Adegoke Foundation. She is not a new entrant in the Ooni of Ife’s life. She has always been in the life of Oba Enitan Ogunwusi’s life even before he married Olori Wuraola. She would have been the official Olori but she is a single mother of one. Because the tradition of Ife forbids the Ooni from marrying any woman who has ever had a child for another man, she was replaced with an official Olori. However, Ashley moved into the palace and she has remained someone who cannot be toyed with. Even the Ooni does not tolerate any disrespect towards her. She has also been parading herself as one of the queens of the royal father.
Toh. So many women.
But the olori should have known better than to be jealous of these many women. If normal married Yoruba men that are not Kings could have 2,3 or more side chics, his royal highness can't be found wanting in that department.. Lol.
She shouldn't expect a faithfulness from a normal man, much less a king. The next man she's going to marry would do the same, but this time without the paparazzi of the royal house.
If I were her sha, I would not leave him cos of infidelity, because 99% of men are not loyal, except she wants to remain single for life sha.

3 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by pocohantas(f): 1:52pm On Dec 23, 2021
foleskay:

Yes. The problem is with d king. He looks like a philander. Instead of cheating on his wives..Mk him kuku dey marry dem as d alaafin now. Why d hide and seek games. Kuku marry dem for palace mk d main wife knows them. If no b say i be Yoruba,I for disrespect him this afternoon

I do not think Nigerian women would just keep leaving a Nigerian man because he is a philanderer. It is deeper than that. The problem with people is not making a deliberate effort to be better. The problem can’t be all from the ex-wives. He has to be better or stay off marriage, his choice.

3 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by princewarri1985: 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
bestofnollywood:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/breaking-queen-naomi-silekunola-announces-divorce-from-ooni-of-ife-explains-reasons/%3famp
THERE MUST BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH THIS MAN I SWEAR BECAUSE THIS IS THE SECOND WOMAN DIVORCING HIM WITHIN THE PERIOD OF 3 YEARS
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by BabaO2: 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
36STATES:
Our Oni is into men not women. His greatest mistake is the title he accepted, he would have continued being who he is without much hoo hoo.
Na jaiyejaiye man. This man we cant say he's too young to be on that throne, but absolutely he has no capacity of real ooni. Deceit everywhere. What does it take a whole ooni to keep differnet women at different corners of his large expanse of his aafin compound or even at different corners of ile ife. This is unbecoming of what yoruba tradition and culture used to be.

2 Likes

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Neddstark: 1:54pm On Dec 23, 2021
Ooni should embrace polygamy like Alaafin. If the women want it, fine. If dem no want, let them marry pastor.

1 Like

Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by Nobody: 1:56pm On Dec 23, 2021
Xfemt:
This is the reason why I respect the Oba of Benin and obong of calabar

You don’t see all this rubbish there

Disrespect the throne and be coursed for the rest of your life no matter who you’re

Thank you!
Re: Prophetess Naomi Silekunola Divorces Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi by baralatie(m): 1:58pm On Dec 23, 2021
Champneys:

There is more to it. Time will tell, its most likely not so much of the religious difference or beliefs.

Afterall, she knew what she was getting into and she wasnt forced to marry him in the first place.

And they actually dated/courted.
Can I ask a question?

How is it meant to work between a couple when
a part of the union is in the business of worshipping and praying to idols

The other part of the union is in the business of praying against idol worship,casting out demons and spreading Christianity ?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Corpse Refuses Burial As Over 10 Strong Men Struggle To Carry Its Coffin (Video) / Photo Of Otedola Shaking Ooni Of Ife / How A Tribe, Kilba, In Adamawa Bury Their Dead (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.