Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,324 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage (11374 Views)

Discos Struggle To Satisfy Band A Customers Over Gas Shortage / Darkness Looms As Electricity Workers Embark On Strike Tomorrow / Gas Shortage: Blackout Looms Nationwide As Gencos Cut Generation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by CandyOps(m): 6:37am On Dec 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Which one is darkness looms like there has ever been a stable power supply when the gas plants were operating at installed capacity

You took the words right outta my mouth. Nigeria wey be HQ of everything Dark. As I dey type this thing na my rechargeable fan done die. Fuel done finish for Gen I just go baff make heat no finish me. E be like na inverter or solar be the way forward o
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Tannhauser(m): 6:43am On Dec 24, 2021
angry

SARSCoV2:
Nigeria needs to start considering the Nuclear option.

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by israelmao(m): 6:51am On Dec 24, 2021
Until we change these people who continue to sit tight in government we'll continue to have the same scenario.They have run out of ideas yet they keep holding unto power.
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by ejimatic: 6:53am On Dec 24, 2021

1 Like

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by MansoryMX(m): 6:54am On Dec 24, 2021
The people in charge does this deliberately so they can get budgeted funds which they loot regularly. I have never seen a country so fantastically corrupt and rotten to the core! Tufiakwa!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by UncleKoboko: 6:54am On Dec 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Never
Nuclear option under fool ani fools government?

Each region can consider that after referendum and start of federalism or after we go our separate ways.

Nuclear power with Fool ani fools is suicidal.
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by superCleanworks(m): 7:03am On Dec 24, 2021
thesicilian:

They're too dumb to even realize they're in a box.

That same box is paying them massive cashout.
They hold the country to ransom when they come up with such stories to collect money for equipment and maintenance for the same things every year.

Nigerians are the dumb ones.

1 Like

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by vickydevoka(m): 7:04am On Dec 24, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Which one is darkness looms like there has ever been a stable power supply when the gas plants were operating at installed capacity
It all depends on your area. If u come my area I swear u fit no leave. 12 hours ( night ) + 8 hours + ( day). 20 hours every day.
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Jungleluv5: 7:16am On Dec 24, 2021
God punish you all and darkness will shadow you that want to sabotage this country
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by JetStar: 7:16am On Dec 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:

LOL na everything when you hear na you go dey reecho. Even big nations are moving away from the nuclear options because it is very expensive and it take a longer time to build. Nigeria is a broke nation with broke niggas. They can't pay the cost of nukes. Gas option is the cheapest for Nigerians but it is poorly managed.
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 24, 2021
baby124:

We no fit manage gas, na nuclear you run come bring!!!! Well done. You wan kill all of us abi? Russia is still battling nuclear leak after how many years?

Nuclear technology has been perfected. It was not like the days of the old
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 24, 2021
JetStar:

LOL na everything when you hear na you go dey reecho. Even big nations are moving away from the nuclear options because it is very expensive and it take a longer time to build. Nigeria is a broke nation with broke niggas. They can't pay the cost of nukes. Gas option is the cheapest for Nigerians but it is poorly managed.

Now you failed to realize those nations had other alternative power source and were doing far better than what we generating presently before deployment. At that that time, the technology has not reached this present day perfection, but they used it pending when they were able to override it.

They never phased out when they when still lacking
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:24am On Dec 24, 2021
Can we ever hear good news at all under this lifeless government?
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by AfonjaConehead: 7:31am On Dec 24, 2021
This is a deliberate action. These evil head slammers wanna make people do Christmas in darkness.
Thunda faya them

2 Likes

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by baby124: 7:35am On Dec 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Nuclear technology has been perfected. It was not like the days of the old
Yea right. It still leaks. One leaked not too long ago. Was it in Japan? Can’t remember but Japan has all the resources to clean up and manage a spill. We don’t!
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Lightorder: 7:41am On Dec 24, 2021
SARSCoV2:

Nuclear whaaaaaat ? How can a nation referred to as a gas nation not being able to handle gas based power Generator plant and you are advising NUCLEAR options!
You are practically calling for A NUCLEAR HOLOCAUST that will wipe off the masses by carelessness

1 Like

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by GreatrAnalyst: 7:41am On Dec 24, 2021
Biggest economy in Africa.
Most populous black nation.
Oil wealth and boom over the decades.

We are still here.
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Nobody: 7:42am On Dec 24, 2021
Nigeria should return to NEPA. As for these power holding companies, I do not understand them. Walahi.

1 Like

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by AfonjaConehead: 7:43am On Dec 24, 2021
CandyOps:

You took the words right outta my mouth. Nigeria wey be HQ of everything Dark. As I dey type this thing na my rechargeable fan done die. Fuel done finish for Gen I just go baff make heat no finish me. E be like na inverter or solar be the way forward o
I have four rechargable fans just because of these useless NEPA people.
I also dey always wake up at night and shower cos of the heat.... Guy,solar or Inverter is good but japa is better.

1 Like

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by zexy2030(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2021
thesicilian:

They're too dumb to even realize they're in a box.
Just wickedness thats needs a forceful litigation.

1 Like

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Eriokanmi: 7:57am On Dec 24, 2021
Normal level. When power plant no shut down, had electricity ever been stable?
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Kokaine(m): 8:19am On Dec 24, 2021
Follow us on instagram and call us for your solar installation anywhere in Nigeria

https://instagram.com/quickfixelectrix?utm_medium=copy_link

www.quickfixelectrix.com

Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by kingdenny(m): 8:26am On Dec 24, 2021
21st century and look at the bullshit, these elected crooks are chatting.... As far as I am concerned power sector has been stagnant since 1999.. No sign of getting better..
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by otokx(m): 8:33am On Dec 24, 2021
Nigerians are tired of useless excuses.
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Nobody: 8:35am On Dec 24, 2021
baby124:

Yea right. It still leaks. One leaked not too long ago. Was it in Japan? Can’t remember but Japan has all the resources to clean up and manage a spill. We don’t!

Same old you talking about. No Nuclear power plant built in last decade has failed.

Nations that adopted the tech in the premature stage exploited the option and lost, which propelled todays perfection of the technology

If we can deploy for decade, it will really solve issues, but we don’t even have the transmission lines to move generation
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Ecos(m): 8:58am On Dec 24, 2021
Azazi:
We that are already in darkness when will light loom
grin grin This one na real weyrey
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Greatken007(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2021
Gas is still very much available ,the most widely means of transporting gas is through pipeline and there is currently Technical issue at the production end and also some compressor stations shut down ,it is compressor that produces pressure that is used to transport the gas... although this gas is totally different from your cooking gas... Mechanical faults are bound to occur even with full maintenance schedule in place , although in this case they rarely even occur...
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by techWriter5: 9:12am On Dec 24, 2021
We that not already in darkness when will light threatens
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Brushstrokes20: 9:30am On Dec 24, 2021
Pathetic filth! undecided

Nig urgently needs SANE AND SOUND LEADERS !
Re: Darkness Looms As Six Power Plants Halts Operations Over Gas Shortage by Greenlight123: 9:45am On Dec 24, 2021
kettykings:
Same story ever year can't these people think outside the box for once
how can people without brain think, only God can explain to us better how we get here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

On Arabic Inscription On Nigerian Army Logo / Post Biafra-what Will Happen To Your Properties/Investment. Prof Charles Soludo / We Don't Know How Many Oil Blocks Are In Nigeria: NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.