Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? (7698 Views)

Kalabari Traditional Wedding Culture in Rivers State / Female Inheritance: Supreme Court, Igbo Culture In Head-on Collision / China People And Culture In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 5:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
I believe strongly that the south south ethnicities like efik,Bini,urhobo,ijaw,itsekiri but I'll place the efik culture as the number one...

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Fergie001
Helinues
Juliusmalema
Igboson
Ojiofor
Pazienza
Igbotongue
Fairguy
Otokx
Chrixxx

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by slimfit1(m): 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
All apart from
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 5:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
Igbo top the list

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 5:43pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:
Igbo top the list

No sir though the ijele masquerade is the finest
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
garfield1:
I believe strongly that the south south ethnicities like efik,Bini,urhobo,ijaw,itsekiri but I'll place the efik culture as the number one...

You only talked about culture
What about richest?
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sammy07:

You only talked about culture
What about richest?

Richest who
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 24, 2021
Ijebu culture is the best.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
garfield1:

Richest who

Oh, sorry you meant the tribe that has a rich and beautiful culture.

I'll go for Yoruba tongue

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:
Igbo top the list

Culture o, don't let tribalism conquer your soul o

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
garfield1:

No sir though the ijele masquerade is the finest
Bring your argument. Igbo is endowed culturally much more than any ethnic group in Nigeria if not Africa. We have so many cultural practices that are even studied in Harvard university such as iri ji( new yam festival), igboto nma ( retirement from active service) , iwa akwa etc

6 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 5:50pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sammy07:

Oh, sorry you meant the tribe that has a rich and beautiful culture.

I'll go for Yoruba tongue

Of course you are yoruba

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

such as iri ji( new yam festival), igboto nma ( retirement from active service) , iwa akwa etc

You're not the only tribe that observed new yam festival and Retirement from active service

11 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
Yoruba especially Oyo have the best culture in the South. In the North only Hausa Borno and Nupe have notable culture.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 5:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Culture o, don't let tribalism conquer your soul o
How is the post tribalistic?

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:
Yoruba especially Oyo have the best culture in the South. In the North only Hausa Borno and Nupe have notable culture.
Aren't you More tribalistic?

4 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2021
garfield1:

Of course you are yoruba

Of course you're south south nah.

BTW, remove Ijaws from that list up there.
From south south, if na by culture I'll choose calabar or benin

4 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Bring your argument. Igbo is endowed culturally much more than any ethnic group in Nigeria if not Africa. We have so many cultural practices that are even studied in Harvard university such as iri ji( new yam festival), igboto nma ( retirement from active service) , iwa akwa etc

What's special in new yam festival or retirement.i know you will mention 4 Market days next, omo nawa for our brodas o

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

How is the post tribalistic?

Everything must not be about tribe, try to be neutral
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 5:55pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sammy07:

You're not the only tribe that observed new yam festival and Retirement from active service
I listed just a few. I can go on and on. We have igba nta, omogwo, emega nhe etc. All are recognized globally

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 5:56pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Everything must not be about tribe, try to be neutral
You want me to be bias not neutral

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:

What's special in new yam festival or retirement.i know you will mention 4 Market days next, omo nawa for our brodas o
Please let's see some of your "special" cultures.
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sammy07:

That's the point, while others " observe" we " celebrate" them

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Sammy07: 6:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

I listed just a few. I can go on and on. We have igba nta, omogwo, emega nhe etc. All are recognized globally

Bros in my town Alone, I can't count many things we celebrated, more than 50

Talk less of other towns in Ondo state, then other towns in South west.

12 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 6:03pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sammy07:

Of course you're south south nah.

BTW, remove Ijaws from that list up there.
From south south, if na by culture I'll choose calabar or benin

Am ss but not calabar or efik.am talking about the kalabari people
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Blodas. Point of collection.
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 6:05pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Its not a thing of beauty...moreover,that is tradition and customs.am talking about tangible culture

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Please let's see some of your "special" cultures.

Clothes omo we get dem in different colours sizes and design, asooke, sanyan, adire etc these are different cloth material o

Artifacts, according archaeologist, Yoruba arts are only rivalled by Nile civilization in Egypt

Language, before colonial era, Yoruba is spoken wide from Bini Palace in Nigeria to Ghana

Music, talking drum, sekere cool angelic language of Yoruba have conquered Nigeria music industry

Oyo houses were copied to be replicated by ashanti in Ghana because they were beauty of the olden days

Have you read how oyo empire wage war? Lay siege, excellent archer in sub Saharan africa, best soldiers in sub Saharan africa. Have you read about how Oyo conquered Dahomey then defeat ashanti a century later

Aboy these are rich culture and history not yam festival

16 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2021
Sammy07:

Bros in my town Alone, I can't count many things we celebrated, more than 50

Talk less of other towns in Ondo state, then other towns in South west.
Lol, oga we are talking about cultures that attracts tourists from around the world whenever they are celebrated, not any Mushroom culture. For instance, how many times has the federal government sponsored any of these cultures you listed above the way it sponsors the Aro ndi izuogu ikeji?
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Clothes omo we get dem in different colours sizes and design, asooke, sanyan, adire etc these are different cloth material o

Artifacts, according archaeologist, Yoruba arts are only rivalled by Nile civilization in Egypt

Language, before colonial era, Yoruba is spoken wide from Bini Palace in Nigeria to Ghana

Music, talking drum, sekere cool angelic language of Yoruba have conquered Nigeria music industry

Oyo houses are copied to replicated by ashanti in Ghana because they were beauty of the olden days

Have you read how oyo empire wage war? Lay siege, excellent archer in sub Saharan africa, best soldiers in sub Saharan africa. Have you read about how Oyo conquered Dahomey then defeat ashanti a century later

Aboy this are rich culture and history not yam festival
Bros it's clear you don't have a complete knowledge of what culture and events implies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Bros it's clear you don't have a complete knowledge of what culture and events implies

Tell me what it is then. Culture include clothes, language music, history etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2021
garfield1:

Its not a thing of beauty...moreover,that is tradition and customs.am talking about tangible culture
You are contradicting yourself sir
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by BKayy: 6:14pm On Dec 24, 2021
HedwigesMaduro:

Blodas. Point of collection.
Bruhodas. Point hof collesun

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are The Most Important Things To Know About Nigerians? / African Dancing & Singing / Emir Of Dutse Gifts Wheelchair To 14-Year-Old Physically Challenged Girl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.