Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,442 members, 7,836,777 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:32 PM

Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? (7843 Views)

Kalabari Traditional Wedding Culture in Rivers State / Female Inheritance: Supreme Court, Igbo Culture In Head-on Collision / China People And Culture In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by bomb24: 7:28pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Ya dikwara gi nma nwanne ( it shall be well with you bro). God bless you for being Igbo at heart

ya gazie nwanne, May God bless you as well. Igbo Amaka no be joke!

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Beejayy20(m): 7:30pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Lol, oga we are talking about cultures that attracts tourists from around the world whenever they are celebrated, not any Mushroom culture. For instance, how many times has the federal government sponsored any of these cultures you listed above the way it sponsors the Aro ndi izuogu ikeji?
mugu what about osun osogbo that is celebrated worldwide

4 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Rickmann: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2021
garfield1:
I believe strongly that the south south ethnicities like efik,Bini,urhobo,ijaw,itsekiri but I'll place the efik culture as the number one...

Mynd44
Lalasticlala
Fergie001
Helinues
Juliusmalema
Igboson
Ojiofor
Pazienza
Igbotongue
Fairguy
Otokx
Chrixxx

This na thread wey go just raise unnecessary dust amongst tribesgrin

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
Beejayy20:

mugu what about osun osogbo that is celebrated worldwide
Lol babash. When a Yoruba says "worldwide" He literally means "south west".

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Beejayy20(m): 7:42pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Oga, are you looking for an ally already? I hope you know that no Yoruba clothing can be as popular as ishi agu?
lol agbada alone is popular than that shit,yeboo have no culture and history.
the only tribe that rival yoruba in term of culture is benin,imagine new yam festival that is celebrate among all tribe they claim is their own
go to brazil,cuba and see yoruba culture by yourself
everyone know how osun Oshogbo festival popularity is.
the richest in money and culture is yoruba

8 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Beejayy20(m): 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Oga, are you looking for an ally already? I hope you know that no Yoruba clothing can be as popular as ishi agu?
Igbo have no culture and history
the only tribe that rival yoruba in term of culture is benin, imagine new yam festival that is celebrate among all tribe they claim is their own
the richest in money and culture is Yoruba's

4 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
Beejayy20:

lol agbada alone is popular than that shit,yeboo have no culture and history.
the only tribe that rival yoruba in term of culture is benin,imagine new yam festival that is celebrate among all tribe they claim is their own
the richest in money and culture is yoruba
Lol. Agbada what? You are very deluded. If Yoruba in Nigeria doesn't have anything to offer culturally, is it in far away Cuba and Brazil that they will have? Mind you, Hausa is the richest in terms of money while the Igbos lead in culture
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Beejayy20(m): 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Lol babash. When a Yoruba says "worldwide" He literally means "south west".
thank god you have phone go to YouTube or google and search osun Oshogbo festival
you will see many white people from different part of the world.now tell me any Igbo festival that is celebrated by foreigner

5 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by aribisala0(m): 8:02pm On Dec 24, 2021
Beejayy20:

thank god you have phone go to YouTube or google and search osun Oshogbo festival
you will see many white people from different part of the world.now tell me any Igbo festival that is celebrated by foreigner

Ma pelu obo ma jawura

4 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Beejayy20(m): 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Lol. Agbada what? You are very deluded. If Yoruba in Nigeria doesn't have anything to offer culturally, is it in far away Cuba and Brazil that they will have? Mind you, Hausa is the richest in terms of money while the Igbos lead in culture
now I can see you don't worth my reply. even your brother and all sane Nigeria known these again go to Brazil and cuba and see yoruba culture, even traditional religion known as IFA.
Lol hausa richer than yoruba?you know is joke
I won't argue anything about culture with you,unless a benin,Igbo can't stand it

4 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 8:06pm On Dec 24, 2021
Beejayy20:

I forbid you from being daft even if you choose to be. Ikeji aro ndi izuogu doesn't just attract tourists from all walks of life, it's also an element of the Nigerian budget. Internet is your friend, I assume you can use it
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 8:11pm On Dec 24, 2021
Beejayy20:

now I can see you don't worth my reply. even your brother and all sane Nigeria known these again go to Brazil and cuba and see yoruba culture, even traditional religion known as IFA.
Lol hausa richer than yoruba?you know is joke
I won't argue anything about culture with you,unless a benin,Igbo can't stand it
Why quit too quick Mr Cuba? If you are wise I could have directed you to google "boy-boy" ( Igbo apprenticeship system) and how China adopted this system. But alias you are daft, so suite yourself
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Ishi agu became known with igbo after independence. No be your traditional wears cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 8:16pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Ishi agu became known with igbo after independence. No be your traditional wears cheesy
And Afonja wore agbada to mother earth?
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Beejayy20(m): 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

I forbid you from being daft even if you choose to be. Ikeji aro ndi izuogu doesn't just attract tourists from all walks of life, it's also an element of the Nigerian budget. Internet is your friend, I assume you can use it
Igbo and lie are inseparable
lol which Nigeria budget?
the popular festivals in Nigeria are argungun,calabar cannival and osun Oshogbo festival and the rest,even they can't boats to be element of Nigeria budget

3 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

And Afonja wore agbada to mother earth?

Why is agbada the most common name for it, Yoruba culture is the best.

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by aribisala0(m): 8:26pm On Dec 24, 2021
Historically the Calabar/Ibibio were masters of Ibos,
They sold them as slaves, , Established a dynasty in Aro which is there till tomorrow and were generally a civilizing influence introducing the Ekpe society, Nsibidi and a lot more. to people who had not evolved beyond the Umunna or clan level of political organization

To that extent it is a superior culture with no confusion about origin or identity

6 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by christistruth01: 8:28pm On Dec 24, 2021
One day all Nigerians will realise that irrespective of Tribe the Almighty himself put them all in the same Box and they all share the same destiny
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Beejayy20(m): 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Why quit too quick Mr Cuba? If you are wise I could have directed you to google "boy-boy" ( Igbo apprenticeship system) and how China adopted this system. But alias you are daft, so suite yourself
werey omo Igbo wetin concern me with your useless apprenticeship system,lol china adopt useless method when china have been doing their trading your ancestors are living in the forest.
although it doesn't concern me just enjoy your lie in peace. lol

3 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Dec 24, 2021
This post amuses me. The white men were here ravaging the entire Africa and calling them cultureless. Remember Conrad's description of Africa as heart of darlkness. This view of Africa changed once a the whitemen encountered a single African culture. And you guess what? The eculture was among the last to come in contact with white man. That culture is Igbo culture. Once the racists came in contact with it in the works of Achebe, they bowed in awe of the people with such a culture. You must remember that before Achebe, Johnson, Crowder, Tetula, and co had all written about Yoruba culture but the culture did not deter the whiteman. In the same vein many Hausa and Fulani writers had written about their cultures but no one considered those cultures great. But once the culture of the great Igbo tribe was presented the whole non African world exclaimed "truly these people have great culture. '
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Dec 24, 2021
This post amuses me. The white men were here ravaging the entire Africa and calling them cultureless. Remember Conrad's description of Africa as heart of darlkness. This view of Africa changed once the whitemen encountered a single African culture. And you guess what? The culture was among the last to come in contact with white men. That culture is Igbo culture. Once the racists came in contact with it in the works of Achebe, they bowed in awe of the people with such a culture. You must remember that before Achebe, Johnson, Crowder, Tetula, and co had all written about Yoruba culture but the culture did not deter the whiteman. In the same vein many Hausa and Fulani writers had written about their cultures but no one considered those cultures great. But once the culture of the great Igbo nation was presented the whole non African world exclaimed "truly these people have great culture. ' That way Africa regained its lost dignity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 8:33pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:

Why is agbada the most common name for it, Yoruba culture is the best.
are you drunk or something? So a Yoruba attire should have Igbo name?

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 8:34pm On Dec 24, 2021
SlyDev:

No be dem get the wrapper and cloth sef. Na British dash them

Kai,savagery

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 8:35pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

What are you saying in essence? Up til now, you have not told us any culture you guys are known for except the Calabar Carnival

Calabar carnival showcases Caribbean culture not calabar culture FYI

4 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
aribisala0:
They sold them as slaves, , Established a dynasty in Aro which is there till tomorrow and were generally a civilizing influence introducing the Ekpe society, Nsibidi and a lot more. to people who had not evolved beyond the Umunna or clan level of political organization

To that extent it is a superior culture with no confusion about origin or identity
who is this one? Oga you must not comment just for commenting sake
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by garfield1: 8:36pm On Dec 24, 2021
aribisala0:

Gbam

2 Likes

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by DispatcherLagos: 8:39pm On Dec 24, 2021
Beejayy20:

Igbo and lie are inseparable
lol which Nigeria budget?
the popular festivals in Nigeria are argungun,calabar cannival and osun Oshogbo festival and the rest,even they can't boats to be element of Nigeria budget
This is how your brothers Parading their selves as bloggers post rubbish from their huts with no iota of truth in them. Popular festivals in Oshogbo you mean?
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by LILTJAY: 8:40pm On Dec 24, 2021
Useless cultures that can invent any thing.. lipsrsealed
Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Beejayy20(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

This is how your brothers Parading their selves as bloggers post rubbish from their huts with no iota of truth in them. Popular festivals in Oshogbo you mean?
see this low IQ,just counter it with fact,not by writing nonsense out of emotion.
again osun Oshogbo is one of most popular festival in Nigeria which is celebrated by foreigner.now go and die

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Gazzy88(m): 8:49pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:

Tell us just one single ibo festival celebrated annually that attracts foreigners as osun oshogbo? Just 1

I want to learn

1 Like

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by LLiKYekoba: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2021
garfield1:

No sir though the ijele masquerade is the finest

Even though we know are a Fulani APC bandit claiming EFIK, go to Youtube and see the Nigerian culture that is very much appreciated by the global populace.

Ogene is being studied in a university in Barbados, Brazilians an Asians are learning Igbo in order to further appreciate Igbo music like Love Nwantiti by Ckay, Igbo gospel songs by Sinach, Judi Kay, Mercy Chinwo are enjoying global appeal.

Go to Youtube and read the comment section of those songs.

Nwanne, leave am, Igbo diegwu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Ethnicity Has The Richest And Most Beautiful Culture In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:54pm On Dec 24, 2021
DispatcherLagos:
are you drunk or something? So a Yoruba attire should have Igbo name?

Read your question again uncle

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Tosh In Nigeria / How To Treat Genital Warts & Prevent Them From Coming Back / Are Igbos The Lost Descendents Of The Jews?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.