Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,038 members, 7,863,711 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 01:12 AM

If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? (4530 Views)

The Sleep Paralysis I Had: Could This Be A Spirit Wife? / Can A Christian Be Truly POSSESSED By An Evil Spirit? What The Bible Truly Says / Help!! I Have A Spirit/Marine Wife. I Need Deliverance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Janosky: 11:42pm On Dec 28, 2021
Rosement:

Modified
If you are a Christian, don't argue with janosky, he is a demonic agent, he is only doing what is master sent him. Even the devil can quote the Bible.
Sifia pained Rosement kpele grin
The holy scriptures have burst your bubbles.
Mark 6:21 & Mark 8:15, Jesus Christ says king Herod, your exemplar & birthday celebrant is a Pharisee.

Continue WAILING upandan throwing childish tantrums everywhere
. grin grin grin grin
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by NNTR: 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
haddeylium:
I like this scripture you quoted a lot but you've not answered the question.
Are you implying that the resurrection Jesus mentioned to occur 'at a time in the future' has already occur?
I'll appreciate a concise and straightforward answers
1 Corinthians 15:51-53
51Listen very carefully, I tell you a mystery
[a secret truth decreed by God and previously hidden, but now revealed];
we will not all sleep [in death], but we will all be [completely] changed [wondrously transformed],

52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at [the sound of] the last trumpet call.
For a trumpet will sound, and the dead [who believed in Christ] will be raised imperishable,
and we will be [completely] changed [wondrously transformed].
53For this perishable [part of us] must put on the imperishable [nature],
and this mortal [part of us that is capable of dying] must put on immortality [which is freedom from death].

Glorified bodies are a necessity for resurrection isnt it?
If not then what does resurrection mean for decomposed bodies then, erhn?
Of course resurrection will happen at the sound of the trumpet

haddeylium:
Actually, parables are not jokes.
I typed, parables are just like jokes. I never said that parables are jokes

haddeylium:
They're allegory and fictitious illustration.
Exactly that parables are allegory. On every parable you ride on to a truth of something(s).

For example, Jesus with the parable of the rich man and Lazarus revealed truths about what happens in Sheol after death, what goes on in there, how the place is divided into two sections with a chasm separating the two sides

So, I repeat, parables are just like jokes and just because either dont necessarily need to be taken literally, it doesnt mean that parables or even jokes dont have rings of truth and reality in them.

haddeylium:
I'll ask again.
Are parables meant to be taken literally?
So, in answering your question, I repeat, there is a time, there's a point, there are parts when and when not to take parable literally, loll.

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
haddeylium:

Are you saying Jesus did not die? That he shed his skin?

Not me, that's what the bible says.
'Flesh and Blood cannot inherit the kingdom of heaven'
What are your thoughts?
No I am not saying he did not did, I am saying he resurrected. His spirit reunited with his body. Hence, his body was no longer in the tomb.
The kingdom of heaven would be inherited by resurrected men and women.
The answer to your flesh and blood question is found in verse 44 of that same 1 corinthians.

44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
When we resurrect, our bodies would be transformed and made fit for the kingdom.
Read also
39 All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.
40 There are also celestial bodies, and bodies terrestrial: but the glory of the celestial is one, and the glory of the terrestrial is another.
41 There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star in glory.
42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

So our bodies would no longer be corruptible, it would be spiritual like that of Christ and his father
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Rosement(f): 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2021
Janosky:

Sifia pained Rosement kpele grin
The holy scriptures have burst your bubbles.
Mark 6:21 & Mark 8:15, Jesus Christ says king Herod, your exemplar & birthday celebrant is a Pharisee.

Continue WAILING upandan throwing childish tantrums everywhere
. grin grin grin grin

I am not surprised that you are just contradicting yourself because you are just like your master, satan. he also use to try to quote Bible verses to his advantage.

What concern me with what herod your brother in faith does or does not do. He is not even relevant to me. Oh, I understand, you are trying to say birthdays are only for your gods and high ranked members of your cult but I am not a member of your cult, don't expect me to respect the law and order of your court. You want me to study everything Herod did, even the things that are not in the Bible and start doing the opposite.

Maybe, I should even stop dancing because Herod's daughter was dancing on his birthday or I should stop eating meat and wearing clothes because Herod use to eat meat and wear clothes? If you like cry from now till tomorrow, I will never study or reverence your masters and high ranked members of your cult.

The other day, you said Jesus and herod were friends, you might even be assuming that your master, satan and Jesus are friends. Is that the lie satan is feeding you or is that why you are worshipping him? But Jesus did not tell His followers that He and herod are close friends and Jesus did not tell His followers that herod invited Him to his birthday party but He refused to attend. The only encounter I know Jesus had with herod is in Luke 23:8:11.
8 And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.
9 Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.
10 And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him.
11 And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.

My Jesus did not attend herod's birthday party because He was not invited. Jesus is not known to be nosy like you and your masters. Even the wedding at Cana in Galilee, Jesus attended it because He was invited
John 2: 22
1. On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there,
2. and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.

ROMANS 14:6
6. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2021
haddeylium:

Hmnnn... interesting
Do you think Jesus is lying when he said :
"No man has ascended into heaven.” (John 3:​13)
?
I admit you have a very strong point, let me study more and get back to you.
But then we learn that the faithful followers of Christ would inherent heaven.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 12:27am On Dec 29, 2021
haddeylium:

Exactly! Remember in our discussion that not everything called the spirit has a mind of its own. Just like wind is called.
Also, do you consider the account of man creation in Gen 2:7?
What make a living or conscious person is;
The combination of Dust and breathe of life
Do you think there's already a conscious being somewhere before the two combined?
This is clearly your opinion, at no point in the scriptures were we taught that the spirit of man is thoughtless.
let's look at a few scriptures.
Matthew 26:41

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

He that giveth breath … and spirit to them that walk, Isa. 42:5.. here we learn that the breath and spirit are not the same things.

Romans 8:16

16 The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: The spirit of God communicates directly to our spirit.

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the lamp of the Lord, searching all his innermost parts.

John 4:24
God is spirit, and those who worship him must worship in spirit and truth. ( we worship God with our spirit.)

1 Corinthians 2:11
For who knows a person's thoughts except the spirit of that person, which is in him? So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. (The spirit of man has knowledge) It's not mere wind like you say.

1 Corinthians 2:14
The natural person does not accept the things of the Spirit of God, for they are folly to him, and he is not able to understand them because they are spiritually discerned. ( Things of God are discerned by the spirit.)

Luke 1:46-47
And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior. (The spirit has emotions)

James 2:26
For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead. (The spirit does not die, It is the body that dies.)

1 Peter 4.6
6 For for this cause was the gospel preached also to them that are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit. ( the gospel is preached to the dead so they may be judged even though they live like God in the spirit... This should put away all your doubts,

2 Corinthians 4:16

Therefore we do not lose heart, but though our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day. (here we learn of the outer and inner man)

John 6:63 (KJV)

It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Acts 7:59

And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”

From these verses, we learn that the spirit of man is active and intelligent. We also learn that the spirit remains alive after the death of the body.

Matthew 10.28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Please can you state any bible verse that describes the spirit as mere wind? Or as a thoughtless being?
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 1:09am On Dec 29, 2021
Rosement:
God doesn’t have a physical body. God is a spiritual being without form or body. When the Bible speaks about God's hands, eyes, ears or mouth, the Bible is only using symbolic language to illustrate or explain some of the activities of God.

Job 34:21 For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings.
Isaiah 59:1 Behold, the Lord's hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:
Isaiah 48:13 Mine hand also hath laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand hath spanned the heavens: when I call unto them, they stand up together.

The Bible says God created man in His own image, which means God put His character on our spirits and our souls. We are like God because we also have the ability to love and to know right from wrong. We are different from animals and we are sacred because we bear God’s image but God’s image within us was deformed and corrupted by sin. Jesus came to the world to stop the image of God within us from completely getting destroyed and He also restored it back within us so that we will have the opportunity to be like God and see Him one day.

We are not God, our powers are limited, we cannot compare ourselves to God. We are not even up to sand, we are mere dust. God is greater than the greatest, He cannot be compared to anyone or any physical being.
The ability to know right from wrong only came after we disobeyed and ate the fruit.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Rosement(f): 2:23am On Dec 29, 2021
tctrills:
₩0
The ability to know right from wrong only came after we disobeyed and ate the fruit.
God gave Adam and Eve freewill but He made them desire only good and not evil. Human nature become evil after Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit because the fruit made them desire both good and evil. After they ate the fruit, man had the knowledge of different types of sin and man had the desire to commit them. God gave Adam and Eve freewill and he gave them the right to make decisions even before they ate the forbidden fruit. If He created them like robots and they did not know right from wrong, God would have not even considered their actions a sin, He would have considered it a robot malfunction but they knew what they were doing, they did it intentionally. If Adam could not make decisions or he was brainless, would he have had the ability to give every animal a name?

God did not make us like robots because He made us out of love and He gave us freewill to love Him in return. He even cared for us so much so that we will found it very easy to love Him and trust Him. He allowed us to enjoy a perfect and unbroken relationship with Him but yet, we rebelled against Him, we choose to believe satan lies over the truth He told us. Adam and Eve knew it was wrong to disobey God but they ate the forbidden fruit and disobeyed God because they were rebellious. They were backstabbers, they thought they would become like God after eating the fruit, that was why satan was able to deceive them. They did not know satan is their enemy, they thought his intention was to help of them become equal with God, they did not know he hated them and he was jealous of them. his only intention was to make man rebel against God so that man will be separated from God. God gave man a complete access to Him, man had the ability to ask God questions and connect directly with Him but Adam and Eve actions limited our abilities.

The human race would have just been like God's pets because it would have been easier for us to know the truth and do what is right in the sight of God. By now, we would not be in world debating or arguing about the truth because we would still be connected to God and easily know the truth. But through Adam and Eve actions, sin entered into the world and death came upon man. Man could no longer be trusted that is why God removed Adam and Eve from the Garden to prevent them from eating from the tree of life and becoming immortal. Thanks to Jesus will can connect back with the Father and there is hope of eternal life.
Romans 5:15-17 
17. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 9:08am On Dec 29, 2021
Rosement:

God gave Adam and Eve freewill but He made them desire only good and not evil. Human nature become evil after Adam and Eve ate the forbidden fruit because the fruit made them desire both good and evil. After they ate the fruit, man had the knowledge of different types of sin and man had the desire to commit them. God gave Adam and Eve freewill and he gave them the right to make decisions even before they ate the forbidden fruit. If He created them like robots and they did not know right from wrong, God would have not even considered their actions a sin, He would have considered it a robot malfunction but they knew what they were doing, they did it intentionally. If Adam could not make decisions or he was brainless, would he have had the ability to give every animal a name?

God did not make us like robots because He made us out of love and He gave us freewill to love Him in return. He even cared for us so much so that we will found it very easy to love Him and trust Him. He allowed us to enjoy a perfect and unbroken relationship with Him but yet, we rebelled against Him, we choose to believe satan lies over the truth He told us. Adam and Eve knew it was wrong to disobey God but they ate the forbidden fruit and disobeyed God because they were rebellious. They were backstabbers, they thought they would become like God after eating the fruit, that was why satan was able to deceive them. They did not know satan is their enemy, they thought his intention was to help of them become equal with God, they did not know he hated them and he was jealous of them. his only intention was to make man rebel against God so that man will be separated from God. God gave man a complete access to Him, man had the ability to ask God questions and connect directly with Him but Adam and Eve actions limited our abilities.

The human race would have just been like God's pets because it would have been easier for us to know the truth and do what is right in the sight of God. By now, we would not be in world debating or arguing about the truth because we would still be connected to God and easily know the truth. But through Adam and Eve actions, sin entered into the world and death came upon man. Man could no longer be trusted that is why God removed Adam and Eve from the Garden to prevent them from eating from the tree of life and becoming immortal. Thanks to Jesus will can connect back with the Father and there is hope of eternal life.
Romans 5:15-17 
17. For if by one man's offence death reigned by one; much more they which receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness shall reign in life by one, Jesus Christ.)
It was called the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil for a reason.
The tree brought the knowledge of evil but it also brought the knowledge of Good.

Genesis 3.22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2021
haddeylium:

Hmnnn.... Interesting.
The bible says the dead are going to Sheol...is that where you call the 'Land of the dead' where they are conscious?

I don't know since it wasn't a reply to me. Atleast we have a common ground here wink
Do you think Adam was existing somewhere before he was created?
Be simple and concise with your answer pls
Yes, Adam was a spirit with God like all of us before our life on earth.
Ephesians 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Like Christ, all spirit children of God existed before even the creation of the world.

Hebrews 12:9

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? ( He is the father of our spirits hence Christ is our brother or like the bible Romans 8:17 put it, we are heirs of God and coheirs with Christ Christ.
again the bible teaches that all men are offsprings of God Acts 17:29. Our bodies are not offsprings of God. Its our spirits that spring from God.
Remember, we are created in the image of the father, we look like him and we have the potential to be just as he is. that is his promise to them that overcome.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Rosement(f): 4:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
tctrills:

It was called the tree of the knowledge of Good and evil for a reason.
The tree brought the knowledge of evil but it also brought the knowledge of Good.

Genesis 3.22 And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil.

Are you trying to inquire the truth or you just want to debate? I prefer to accept that we are both right in our own ways than to debate.

Modified
Right and wrong is not similar to good and evil. They knew some right and wrong before they ate the forbidden fruit but they did not have the knowledge of good and evil until they ate the forbidden fruit.

Synonyms means words that have the same or nearly the same meaning.
Wrong might be the synonym of evil because they are nearly similar but evil is not the synonym of wrong because they are not similar.
Wrong simply means not correct, not true or incorrect but evil has a wider definition, it means immoral, wicked and harmful.
You don't have to be wicked and harmful to be wrong, you can be wrong without hurting anybody. Wrong and evil are two different words and they don't have the same definitions.

Genesis 3:1-5 indicate that Adam and Eve were keeping away from the forbidden fruit because God instructed them not to touch or eat the forbidden fruit, they believed there was a repercussion for it before satan deceived them. satan accused God of being a liar and he told them that God does not want them to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil because God does not want them to be wise and be like gods. They used their ability to make decisions, wrongly. They chose to do wrong rather than right.
Genesis 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

I get your point, God actually limited the knowledge of Adam and Eve, they were just like His puppets. God only allowed them to know a few wrong and right, they did not even realize that they were naked. They only knew few things, they knew how to interact on their own, they knew how to communicate and ask questions and they knew how to name things.

God limited man's knowledge because He was trying to protect man from desiring evil and doing evil. If man does not have the knowledge of good and evil, they would follow God's instructions without questioning Him and they would not crave both good and evil, they would only crave the good that God shows them because you cannot crave what you don't know.

God knew evil but He was too righteous to do evil. He knew that if man should know evil, man will desire to do evil more than good because man will not be able to control himself. We human beings prefer to satisfy our cravings, that is why there is a lot of evil in the world today. We now have the knowledge of good and evil but we find it difficult to control our actions, we see reasons to do evil. We no longer desire to do good, we even find it difficult to love our neighbours, some people are even despising and killing their fellow human beings.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 4:15pm On Dec 29, 2021
Rosement:

Are you trying to inquire the truth or you just want to debate? I prefer to accept that we are both right in our own ways than to debate.

Synonyms means words that have the same or nearly the same meaning.
Wrong might be the synonym of evil because they are nearly similar but evil is not the synonym of wrong because they are not similar. Wrong simply means not correct, not true or incorrect but evil has a wider definition, it means immoral, wicked and harmful.
You don't have to be wicked and harmful to be wrong, you can be wrong without hurting anybody. Wrong and evil are two different words and they don't have the same definitions.

Genesis 3:1-5 indicate that Adam and Eve were keeping away from the forbidden fruit because God instructed them not to touch or eat the forbidden fruit, they believed there was a repercussion for it before satan deceived them. satan accused God of being a liar and he told them that God does not want them to eat the fruit from the tree of knowledge of good and evil because God does not want them to be wise and be like gods. They used their ability to make decisions wrongly, they chose to do wrong rather than right.
Genesis 3:3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

I get your point, God actually limited the knowledge of Adam and Eve, they were just like His puppets. God only allowed to know a few wrong and right, they did not even realize that they were naked. They only knew few things, they knew how to interact on their own, they knew how to communicate and ask questions and they knew how to name things.

God limited man's knowledge because He was trying to protect man from desiring evil and doing evil. If man does not have the knowledge of good and evil, they would follow God's instructions without questioning Him and they would not crave both good and evil, they would only crave the good that God shows them because you cannot crave what you don't know.

God knew evil but He was too righteous to do evil. He knew that if man should knows evil, man will desire to do evil more than good, man will not be able to control himself. We human being prefer to satisfy our cravings, that is why there is a lot of evil in the world today. We now have the knowledge of good and evil but we find it difficult to control our actions, we see reasons to do evil. We no longer desire to good, we even find it difficult to love our neighbours, some people are even despising and killing their fellow human beings.
First you are not God so no need assuming God's intentions for limiting Adam and Eve knowledge.
It was God that planted the tree of good and evil in the garden.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Rosement(f): 4:17pm On Dec 29, 2021
tctrills:

First you are not God so no need assuming God's intentions for limiting Adam and Eve knowledge.
It was God that planted the tree of good and evil in the garden.
Okay, I understand you. I am done with this.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by NNTR: 6:35pm On Dec 29, 2021
repeats
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by NNTR: 6:36pm On Dec 29, 2021
repeats
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by NNTR: 6:37pm On Dec 29, 2021
haddeylium:
Hmnnn.... Interesting.
I know its, hmm interesting
I sure do know the 'hmm interesting' feeling, loll.

haddeylium:
The bible says the dead are going to Sheol...is that where you call the 'Land of the dead'
The Biblical phrase 'Land of the dead' choke you, loll

haddeylium:
where they are conscious?
The alive are conscious in the land of the living, and the dead are conscious in the land of the dead. They are set apart from each other and on top, are only aware of and responsive to what's going on in their current surroundings. The dead in Sheol aka the ream of the dead, aka the land of the dead have no perception of what's happening on earth in the land of the living and vice versa

haddeylium:
I don't know since it wasn't a reply to me. At least we have a common ground here wink
Of course nah, great minds think alike because a greater Mind is thinking through them, loll.

haddeylium:
Do you think Adam was existing somewhere before he was created?
Yes I do know that Adam did exist somewhere before he was created. loll.

haddeylium:
Be simple and concise with your answer pls
Genesis 3:19
By the sweat of your brow,
you will produce food to eat
until you return to the ground,
because you were taken from it.
You are dust, and you will return to dust

OK. Hey, it doesnt get simpler and more concise, an answer, that what from Genesis 3:19 there above points to, loll.

1 Like

Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by haddeylium(m): 9:07pm On Dec 29, 2021
NNTR:
1 Corinthians 15:51-53

Glorified bodies are a necessity for resurrection isnt it?
If not then what does resurrection mean for decomposed bodies then, erhn?
Of course resurrection will happen at the sound of the trumpet
Bolden.
My English is not so fluent but I know 'will' refers to something to happen at the future?
Has that resurrection you mentioned here occur?
Has the trumpet been blown?

I typed, parables are just like jokes. I never said that parables are jokes
Exactly that parables are allegory. On every parable you ride on to a truth of something(s).
So, I repeat, parables are just like jokes and just because either dont necessarily need to be taken literally, it doesnt mean that parables or even jokes dont have rings of truth and reality in them.
So, in answering your question, I repeat, there is a time, there's a point, there are parts when and when not to take parable literally, loll.
Bolden.
Exactly! If they are an allegory, they're not meant to be taken literally.
Do you want to know why?
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by haddeylium(m): 9:25pm On Dec 29, 2021
tctrills:

No I am not saying he did not did, I am saying he resurrected. His spirit reunited with his body. Hence, his body was no longer in the tomb.
The kingdom of heaven would be inherited by resurrected men and women.
Do you understand the meaning of sacrifice or you want it spelt out for you? cheesy
When you made 'sacrifice giving' donations in your churches, do you take it back?
What Jesus did was a replica of burnt offering Israelites made(Hebrews 10:8–10) and they don't take back their offering. Jesus offered his human body and life, do you think he'll take it back? cheesy

Heb 10:10 By God’s will we have been sanctified once and for all through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus, the Messiah.

The answer to your flesh and blood question is found in verse 44 of that same 1 corinthians.
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
When we resurrect, our bodies would be transformed and made fit for the kingdom.
Read also .42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
So our bodies would no longer be corruptible, it would be spiritual like that of Christ and his father
Are you sure you read these verses very well before posting?
What makes you think the incorruptible body is the natural (physical) human body?
Let me simplified those verses for you
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body
It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Do you get the sequence now?
The natural(or physical body) is the corruptible one while the spirit (spiritual body) is incorruptible one
Do you think Jesus resurrected with the human corruptible body now?

Crown it with verse 45 of that chapter
The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [Jesus] was made a quickening [life giving] spirit.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by haddeylium(m): 9:27pm On Dec 29, 2021
tctrills:

I admit you have a very strong point, let me study more and get back to you.
But then we learn that the faithful followers of Christ would inherent heaven.

I'll appreciate that you do because it's very vital in our discuss. I'm here if you want to source for my inputs
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by haddeylium(m): 9:42pm On Dec 29, 2021
tctrills:
This is clearly your opinion, at no point in the scriptures were we taught that the spirit of man is thoughtless.
let's look at a few scriptures.
Matthew 26:41

41 Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak.

If you actually get to read some parts of the articles you posted earlier, we won't be having this conversation.

Like the part i highlighted
tctrills:

The meaning of the Hebrew word ruach is "breath," or "wind," or "spirit." In Scripture, the word is applied both to human beings and to God. Depending on the context[b], ruach can be talking about a person's emotional state of being, or [/b]their soul or spirit, and is sometimes used as an idiom, as in "a mere breath."
Remember 'Rauch is polysemic
It's also defined impelling force that issues from a person’s figurative heart and that causes him to say and do things in a certain way.
You've not answered the question here anyway
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by haddeylium(m): 9:50pm On Dec 29, 2021
tctrills:

Yes, Adam was a spirit with God like all of us before our life on earth.
Ephesians 1:4-6

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:
Like Christ, all spirit children of God existed before even the creation of the world.

Hebrews 12:9

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live? ( He is the father of our spirits hence Christ is our brother or like the bible Romans 8:17 put it, we are heirs of God and coheirs with Christ Christ.
again the bible teaches that all men are offsprings of God Acts 17:29. Our bodies are not offsprings of God. Its our spirits that spring from God.
Remember, we are created in the image of the father, we look like him and we have the potential to be just as he is. that is his promise to them that overcome.

Simply, you mean Adam has been existing before he was created?
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by haddeylium(m): 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2021
NNTR:
I

The alive are conscious in the land of the living, and the dead are conscious in the land of the dead. They are set apart from each other and on top, are only aware of and responsive to what's going on in their current surroundings. The dead in Sheol aka the ream of the dead, aka the land of the dead have no perception of what's happening on earth in the land of the living and vice versa
Nice try but I don't think the bible agree with this . smiley
Have you considered Ecclesiastes 9:10

All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheʹol, the place to which you are going.

10Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, whither thou goest.(ASV)

God's word says the dead are not conscious and no nothing in Sheol or (Your land of the dead) cheesy
What do you think?

Yes I do know that Adam did exist somewhere before he was created. loll.

Genesis 3:19
By the sweat of your brow,
you will produce food to eat
until you return to the ground,
because you were taken from it.
You are dust, and you will return to dust

OK. Hey, it doesnt get simpler and more concise, an answer, that what from Genesis 3:19 there above points to, loll.

Really? Do you understand the meaning of create to start with? smiley
This is the dictionary meaning
Create: To bring into existence out of nothing, without the prior existence of the materials or elements used.
How can someone existing somewhere before be created?

'You are dust, and you will return to dust'

Adam did not exist before he was created . Therefore, when God said that Adam would return to the dust, He meant that Adam would return to a state of nonexistence. Adam would be as lifeless as the dust from which he was made.

Thanks for your time
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by NNTR: 10:47pm On Dec 29, 2021
haddeylium:
Bolden.
My English is not so fluent but I know 'will' refers to something to happen at the future?
Has that resurrection you mentioned here occur?
Has the trumpet been blown?
The dead WILL resurrect from their sleep in the land of dead. They will be restored to life back on earth. This won't happen before the blow of the trumpet

haddeylium:
Bolden.
Exactly! If they are an allegory, they're not meant to be taken literally.
Do you want to know why?
No one has told you that parables are to be taken literal in the strictest sense of the word, so please stop strawminning. Most of Jesus' parables, just like the parable of the Rich Man and Lazarus, just as I earlier did put forward have some sort of historical or literal application in them

Jesus calculatingly used parables that obfuscates someone like you, loll. When I tell a joke, part of it , is to be taken literal and some parts arent to be. Its the same idea with parables

By the way, seems you've dropped your old bone, after realising that 'land of dead' is bible lingo, loll

The word Jehovah, is it a literal word to believe as such or not?
Be truthful and honest with your answer please.

Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by NNTR: 10:54pm On Dec 29, 2021
haddeylium:
Nice try but I don't think the bible agree with this . smiley
Have you considered Ecclesiastes 9:10

All that your hand finds to do, do with your very power, for there is no work nor devising nor knowledge nor wisdom in Sheʹol, the place to which you are going.

10Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in Sheol, whither thou goest.(ASV)

God's word says the dead are not conscious and no nothing in Sheol or (Your land of the dead) cheesy
What do you think?
I am thinking how many times, do you need being told that, the dead are not conscious of what happens on the other side, which is the land of the living and so they know nothing in Sheol about outside of it. Smh.

haddeylium:
Really? Do you understand the meaning of create to start with? smiley
This is the dictionary meaning
Create: To bring into existence out of nothing, without the prior existence of the materials or elements used.
How can someone existing somewhere before be created?

'You are dust, and you will return to dust'

Adam did not exist before he was created. Therefore, when God said that Adam would return to the dust, He meant that Adam would return to a state of nonexistence. Adam would be as lifeless as the dust from which he was made.

Thanks for your time
If you knew that, they why ask a lame question? Getting a lame answer, in return back, sure with it, had your faculties reset back to Manufacturer's default proper settings, loll.

Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Janosky: 11:08pm On Dec 29, 2021
Rosement:

I am not surprised that you are just contradicting yourself because you are just like your master, satan. he also use to try to quote Bible verses to his advantage.
Mark 6:21 King Herod,a pagan celebrated his birthday.
Mark 8:15, Jesus calls king Herod a Pharisee.
Acts 12:21-22, God punished king Herod.
Rosement, what is the contradiction in Mark6:21?

Rosement kpele grin grin grin

Rosement:

What concern me with what herod your brother in faith does or does not do.
Rosement typing GIBBERISH, this lady your claim is very childish. grin grin
How can king Herod a pagan share my faith when Rosement is copying King Herod pagan example of birthdays celebration?
Rosement:

He is not even relevant to me. Oh, I understand, you are trying to say birthdays are only for your gods and high ranked members of your cult but I am not a member of your cult, don't expect me to respect the law and order of your court.
Rosement and incoherent GIBBERISH na 5&6.
She loves making FALSE claims and baseless assumptions. grin grin
Rosement:

You want me to study everything Herod did, even the things that are not in the Bible and start doing the opposite.
Is your Jesus Christmas written in your Bible?
You are already ,in your own words, doing
"the things that are not in the Bible" alias Annual birthday & Christmas celebrations.

Rosement:

[s]Maybe, I should even stop dancing because Herod's daughter was dancing on his birthday or I should stop eating meat and wearing clothes because Herod use to eat meat and wear clothes? If you like cry from now till tomorrow, I will never study or reverence your masters and high ranked members of your cult.[/s]

The other day, you said Jesus and herod were friends, you might even be assuming that your master, satan and Jesus are friends.
This girl, you sure say you well ?
I challenge you to provide the evidence where I said that: the date,day & time

Rosement:

Is that the lie satan is feeding you or is that why you are worshipping him?
This is the zenith of your buffoonery.
Haba !!!!!!
grin cheesy grin

Rosement:

But Jesus did not tell His followers that He and herod are close friends and Jesus did not tell His followers that herod invited Him to his birthday party but He refused to attend. The only encounter I know Jesus had with herod is in Luke 23:8:11.
8 And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.
9 Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.
10 And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him.
11 And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.
[quote author=Rosement post=108893872]

My Jesus did not attend herod's birthday party because He was not invited.
Jesus is not known to be nosy like you and your masters. Even the wedding at Cana in Galilee, Jesus attended it because He was invited
John 2: 22
1. On the third day a wedding took place at Cana in Galilee. Jesus’ mother was there,
2. and Jesus and his disciples had also been invited to the wedding.

ROMANS 14:6
6. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.
Rosement, show this public forum the proof of Jesus doing his own birthday celebration from Genesis to Revelation .
Did Jesus command you, Rosement to do birthday party for him or in his name? grin

Rosement is throwing tantrums upandan on this public forum.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Rosement(f): 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2021
Janosky:

Mark 6:21 King Herod,a pagan celebrated his birthday.
Mark 8:15, Jesus calls king Herod a Pharisee.
Acts 12:21-22, God punished king Herod.
Rosement, what is the contradiction in Mark6:21?

Rosement kpele grin grin grin

Rosement typing GIBBERISH, this lady your claim is very childish. grin grin
How can king Herod a pagan share my faith when Rosement is copying King Herod pagan example of birthdays celebration?

Rosement and incoherent GIBBERISH na 5&6.
She loves making FALSE claims and baseless assumptions. grin grin

Is your Jesus Christmas written in your Bible?
You are already ,in your own words, doing
"the things that are not in the Bible" alias Annual birthday & Christmas celebrations.

This girl, you sure say you well ?
I challenge you to provide the evidence where I said that: the date,day & time

This is the zenith of your buffoonery.
Haba !!!!!!
grin cheesy grin

There is no verse in the Bible where Jesus told us that we are not allowed to celebrate Christmas. Stop trying to add to the Bible. If your own master doesn't permit you that is your problem, how is it my business?
ROMANS 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

You cannot tempt me, even satan your master tried to tempt my Jesus, he even quoted the Bible but nobody can debate the truth or subject the literal truth to extreme tests, so don't waste your time. Go and debate with your fellow Idol worshippers. I am not interested in debating with you.
Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 12:50am On Dec 30, 2021
haddeylium:

Simply, you mean Adam has been existing before he was created?
Of course the spirits of Adam, you, and me have long existed before the earth was created.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 12:51am On Dec 30, 2021
haddeylium:

If you actually get to read some parts of the articles you posted earlier, we won't be having this conversation.

Like the part i highlighted

Remember 'Rauch is polysemic
It's also defined impelling force that issues from a person’s figurative heart and that causes him to say and do things in a certain way.
You've not answered the question here anyway
I don't understand your question. Please ask again.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by tctrills: 1:04am On Dec 30, 2021
haddeylium:

Do you understand the meaning of sacrifice or you want it spelt out for you? cheesy
When you made 'sacrifice giving' donations in your churches, do you take it back?
What Jesus did was a replica of burnt offering Israelites made(Hebrews 10:8–10) and they don't take back their offering. Jesus offered his human body and life, do you think he'll take it back? cheesy

Heb 10:10 By God’s will we have been sanctified once and for all through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus, the Messiah.

Are you sure you read these verses very well before posting?
What makes you think the incorruptible body is the natural (physical) human body?
Let me simplified those verses for you
44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body
It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:

Do you get the sequence now?
The natural(or physical body) is the corruptible one while the spirit (spiritual body) is incorruptible one
Do you think Jesus resurrected with the human corruptible body now?

Crown it with verse 45 of that chapter
The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [Jesus] was made a quickening [life giving] spirit.
I think you are finally understanding. We both agree that our bodies need to be transformed. hence at the resurrection, we get a transformed body just like Jesus. It's a body that can't die again, It's incorruptible and spiritual like the body of our Heavenly father. Remember the righteous are promised all that the father has. This includes the kind of body he has.
verse 45... spells it clearly. And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit. like Christ, every righteous follower would also inherit a quickening spirit. If you want to know the final state of the righteous, look up to Christ. This would help you understand what it means to be created in God's Image Every human has the potential to become like God. First, we have a spirit then a physical body, finally, our physical body becomes spiritual and incorruptible. That is what we learn from the scriptures.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Janosky: 1:45am On Dec 30, 2021
Rosement:

There is no verse in the Bible where Jesus told us that we are not allowed to celebrate Christmas. Stop trying to add to the Bible. If your own master doesn't permit you that is your problem, how is it my business?
ROMANS 14:6 He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Genesis 40:20 & Mark 6:21 are Bible principles written for our instructions to guide believers today,Romans 15:4.
Birthdays/Christmas are pagan festivities.
Christ is the standard. Did Jesus celebrate Christmas and command every believer to do it @ Romans 14:6?
Capital no!

Your misquote of Romans 14:6 to copy the practice of pagan Pharaoh & king Herod is weak attempt of desperate straw man deception. grin cheesy

Rosement:

You cannot tempt me, even satan your master tried to tempt my Jesus, he even quoted the Bible but nobody can debate the truth or subject the literal truth to extreme tests, so don't waste your time. Go and debate with your fellow Idol worshippers. I am not interested in debating with you.
Titus 3:9 But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain.
Your claims are FALSE and baseless.
You copy what your Bible says pagans practice and you accuse another person who rejected your practice of idol worship?
I've heard enough of your GIBBERISH & buffoonery.
Continue WAILING upandan.
grin
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by Rosement(f): 3:52am On Dec 30, 2021
Janosky:

Genesis 40:20 & Mark 6:21 are Bible principles written for our instructions to guide believers today,Romans 15:4.
Birthdays/Christmas are pagan festivities.
Christ is the standard. Did Jesus celebrate Christmas and command every believer to do it @ Romans 14:6?
Capital no!

Your misquote of Romans 14:6 to copy the practice of pagan Pharaoh & king Herod is weak attempt of desperate straw man deception. grin cheesy

Your claims are FALSE and baseless.
You copy what your Bible says pagans practice and you accuse another person who rejected your practice of idol worship?
I've heard enough of your GIBBERISH & buffoonery.
Continue WAILING upandan.
grin

Since you are not allowed to do anything or use anything that is not mentioned in the Bible. Why are you and your cult members allowed to use phones and drive cars. Hypocrites.

Blanked is recorded in the Bible but it is not recorded that Jesus used blanked. Why are you using blankets. Hypocrites.

If Christmas is a sin because it is not recorded in the Bible or because pagans were the ones recorded to celebrate birthdays. Then everything that is not recorded that Jesus used should be considered a sin as long as pagans used them. Hypocrites.

Seventy people's head was placed in a basket, why did Jesus not say it was a sin to use basket because of that. Hypocrites.
2 Kings 10:7
7 And it came to pass, when the letter came to them, that they took the king's sons, and slew seventy persons, and put their heads in baskets, and sent him them to Jezreel.

John 6:13
So they gathered them up, and filled twelve baskets with broken pieces from the five barley loaves, which were left over by those who had eaten.

You are giving sin and Righteousness the wrong definition, I am surprised, you are just like your master, satan. Righteousness means morally right or justifiable. It is not defined as doing the opposite of what herod did or what your masters does.
Sin is an immoral act considered to be a transgression against divine law. Nobody can set the standard for God. God did not ask us to study herod and do the opposite of what he did.

herod worn cloth
herod ate food
herod lived in a house
herod get married
herod had kids
If I decide to list a lot of things herod did, I will end up spending the whole day.

Jesus died at 33 years, that means He lived on earth for more than 12,000 days. So all His activities couldn't have possibly been recorded in the Bible, even those Jews that were mentioned in the Bible, their whole activities were not recorded. There are a lot of activities that were not recorded in the Bible that we do. You are also living a civilized life, is this the way Jesus lived His life or is this the way Jews lived their lives? Hypocrites.
Re: If God Is A Spirit, What Does It Mean To Be Created In His Image? by NNTR: 5:20am On Dec 30, 2021
haddeylium, you're older today than yesterday, but younger than tomorrow, loll.
I hope your birthday is as special as you are.
I used to be a fan, but I am now an air conditioner, loll, pray that you too, be one
Wish you a spectacular celebration and a fabulous new year ahead.
Happy Birthday!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Yet Another Scandal In The Catholic Church / Jesus Was Wrong, There Is No Mustard Tree / Was Jesus Ever Sick? (Oyedepo's Blunder)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.