Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,416 members, 7,826,605 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:07 PM

Somebody Help Me! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Somebody Help Me! (1086 Views)

Can Somebody Help! What Is This Girl Saying? (pic) / DISTURBED: Somebody Help Me! My Neighbour's Wife Is Always Trying To Seduce Me / Somebody Help! She Just Scared Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Somebody Help Me! by Achiles: 6:46pm On Jun 15, 2011
Ever since I met my girl, I have had a huge change of life. Things have been much better than they once were. Our relationship has been based on mutual trust, love and has been totally sex free for the past nine months. Not even a kiss! she loves me I know but there seems to be a number of problems I have had to ignore because I felt we could pray through. First, the mother seems to her someone for her in the States, so she does not seem to like me that much. Second, BAck then in February, I went to see a friend in a Abulegba. While at my friend's place, a woman told I had someone in mind as wife, that I should not marry her as I would die shortly after the wedding. Initially, I felt she was one of those WAYO prophetess. so I shoved with backhand and moved on. But suprisingly, when I told my girl she told me a friend of her's from MFM told her she should pray againt widowhood shortly after her wedding. So we both prayed against it and moved on. Not long after then, a friend, one of my schoold days prayer partners told me i should pray against barreness, that my girl will have problem conceiving. I just told him no one shall be barren among them and moved on! We are putting finishing touches to our wedding plan when her mum suddenly called her and told her to go on vacation in the US. I knew what that meant but ignored the obvious because I could not bring myselt to think of ever loosing her! As her preparation for the vacation got intensified, she had one of her usual mentural complication, she was rushed to the hospital and the Doctor diagnosis shows she has fibroid! Her mum probably got disconcerted and ordered her not to tell me with further instruction that she should pressure me to fasttrack the wedding. Somehow, she felt she owed me the obligation o ftelling me. I felt relieved at her sincererity but got scared at her mum's attituted. I have asked to go for a surgery but she is insisting she won't. She wants us to go ahead with the wedding. I love, but I can't bear the agony of childlessness! I have not been able to tell my Mum or anyone close to me. I just don't know what to do!
Re: Somebody Help Me! by livedit(f): 7:09pm On Jun 15, 2011
Since when does having a "fibroid" make a woman sterile from having kids?  Have you talked to the doctor to verify if she is capable of having children?  There are plenty of women, including my mother who have/had fibroids and still capable of having children.   

As said many times before, Livedit isn't the one to let anyone dictate to me how to live my life.  To me, it sounds as if these people are speaking curses upon your relationship and if you don't stop them now, rebuke those curses and speak LIFE into your lives, then all this they said WILL come to pass.  It don't matter who you marry, I think too many people have too much influence over your lives.  It doesn't matter what "man" say, it is what God says. 

I hear you say your praying, but are you actually standing and believing in His Word?  Your finance seems like a nice woman I just hate to see you past up on a good woman over what someone else say/said and/or think.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Odunnu: 7:38pm On Jun 15, 2011
Was going to ask that too.
Be prayerful, marry your love, remove the fibroid and enjoy marriage.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by obowunmi(m): 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2011
Don't marry her. Find another babe and move on.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Tricici(f): 7:47pm On Jun 15, 2011
1st of all you should kick the negative thougths out of your head and stop listening to these prophets/ prayer friends/ whoever these people can be who are not wishing you well. Pray God and live your life.

I agree with you, I don't really understand the mom's behaviour towards u. have you met your mother-in-law before? do you speak on the phone with her? how does she interact with u? have you discussed with your fiancee as to know if the mom had someone else in mind to wed her daughter? The sad (african) reality is that if u r not in ur mom-in-law good books, there can lay the beginning of looots of headaches.

I know a good number of women whe had fibroids but could conceive. Even it takes a little longer than usual and a couple of visits to the Dr, fibroids don't equal barreness. Rest ur mind.

As for what to do now, Let's pray ur fiance gets better. Find a way to discuss with the mom & tell her that ur intentions r honest, u love her daughter and u need her to be on ur side not only as a mother-in-law but as a mother (, u know how we talk sometimes, ) Pls pls pls don't let this relationship you've been workin on for so long die because of issues that can be talked over.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by upendo98(f): 9:19pm On Jun 15, 2011
Now young man,Theres just too much going on around you.Its like a web no wonder you are confused.
All these people 'prophecying death,barreness,widowhood, WHY ON EARTH DO YOU LET THEM SPEAK DEATH INTO YOUR FUTURE LIFE??
you sound like a believer so read and believe that Bible The promises God has promised you and stop listening to prophets of doom
What God hs blessed no man can curse.Get rid of extra baggage and try to narrow your mind to 3 people ie her mum and both of you.
Fibroids are surgically removed unless they affected her uterus and therefore caused the uterus to be removed. i hope its nt the case.
If your both mature am sure you can resolve this together then approach the mom as 1.
God help u.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by ds700(m): 9:38pm On Jun 15, 2011
I think you guys are getting it wrong here, it isn't his fault, they are only telling him wot they foresee. His fault here is that he lacks the will that can commensurate with the level of the doom that has been foretold. Since he is not doing anything to remedy the situation, i suggest that there be a break-up for the good of both.

I tell you that there is every possibility that it will go well with you and another woman and also with your fiancée and another man.

If not for the fibroid, u should have been forgotten a long time ago.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jun 15, 2011
@poster
i dont understand the mother's part. she didnt like you from the get go, wanted her daughter to go in the US to meet some guy but yet , here she is, trying to fasttrack the wedding. so, did she finally gave her blessing to your wedding?!
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Mynd44: 11:05pm On Jun 15, 2011
Do you want to MARRY her because you LOVE her or because you want to have CHILDREN?
Re: Somebody Help Me! by iice(f): 1:56am On Jun 16, 2011
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
i dont understand the mother's part. she didnt like you from the get go, wanted her daughter to go in the US to meet some guy but yet , here she is, trying to fasttrack the wedding. so, did she finally gave her blessing to your wedding?!

Mother is afraid if people or the person in the US finds out about the fibroid, her daughter may remain single with no one to marry, so she wants the guy to marry her fast fast.

@OP
Go see an expert first. A doctor that is, so you know your options.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Bisjosh(f): 7:36am On Jun 16, 2011
This relationship is too complicated
Re: Somebody Help Me! by kpolli(m): 1:44pm On Jun 16, 2011
kill the mother then marry the girl, grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Nautillus(m): 3:06pm On Jun 16, 2011
Between the devil and the deep blue sea, My guy, pray very very hard.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Achiles: 3:11pm On Jun 16, 2011
I'm  a firm believer in the healing power of God and I preach it daily. However, as a young man how has been through a lot, I'm finding challenging entering into a life long relationship given these intricasies.  I hav spoken with her Mum many times and have also visited her and made my intention known formally. I love my girl and I just still can't think of loosing her.  I have been praying with her and I still will continue particularly in this trying moment. My fear is having a mother in law who does not realy love me and accept me. And again, I just don't know!
Re: Somebody Help Me! by MMM2(m): 4:11pm On Jun 16, 2011
op
pray 2 GOD.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by MrCork17: 4:15pm On Jun 16, 2011
Achile. i will help you. you need moiney or food? undecided
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Nobody: 4:48pm On Jun 16, 2011
iice:

Mother is afraid if people or the person in the US finds out about the fibroid, her daughter may remain single with no one to marry, so she wants the guy to marry her fast fast.

if thats the reason why she "suddenly" likes him then i do feel a lil sorry for this guy!
Re: Somebody Help Me! by LordReed(m): 4:56pm On Jun 16, 2011
Achiles:

I'm  a firm believer in the healing power of God and I preach it daily. However, as a young man how has been through a lot, I'm finding challenging entering into a life long relationship given these intricasies.  I hav spoken with her Mum many times and have also visited her and made my intention known formally. I love my girl and I just still can't think of loosing her.  I have been praying with her and I still will continue particularly in this trying moment. My fear is having a mother in law who does not realy love me and accept me. And again, I just don't know!

So does that mean you won't agree to her going for surgery?

Anyways as others have said fibroid is not barrenness.
Re: Somebody Help Me! by Emeka30: 11:44am On Jan 26, 2015
Mr loverboy if you are a student u will need this
This philosophy project report is wonderful. It exposes the ills in our society today. It has been written to NUC standard so why hesitate
click..
Kant’s Ethics Vis-À-Vis Human Rights and Widowhood Practices in Igbo Land
http://uniprojectsearch.com/kants-ethics-v…ices-igbo-land/

(1) (Reply)

Naija Gals And Bb Phone / Am Feeling Hurt,how Do I Get Better? / Obession

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.