Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,628 members, 7,816,588 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? (2537 Views)

Busty Lady Receives Money On Her Breasts As She Outdances A Bride At A Wedding / Do You Know That You Miss A Lot If You Don't Have Sex As A Bachelor Or Spinster? / A Bride Looking At Her Husband As He Eats At Their Wedding (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Toks2008(m): 11:21pm On Dec 28, 2021
Do you know that most unmarried ladies in their early 20s have slept with an average number of 5 guys and even more appalling is how they openly talk about how they enjoyed the sex, the styles they give the guys even comparing how good the guys are in bed when they ought to hide the shame of sexual recklessness. This makes me wonder if sexual imorality has become a thing of pride... More worrisome is that this set of ladies will get married someday with so much fun fare and demands from the husband to be when in actual fact, they ought to be given out in marriage Free of charge and even thank the to be husband for accepting to cover their shame.

This is not a thread to judge anyone or bring down any gender but it is an eye opener for the world to understand the importance of sexual chastity and perhaps we will start to train the girl child to understand the value of her sexuality, to make them understand that they own the key to a sexually chaste world, to learn how to say NO to guys who are ever willing to snatch their innocence and to teach them that GOD places a very high premium on their sexuality and sex before marriage is nothing to be proud of, to look away from the Satanic norm of having many husbands in the name of boy friends before actually settling down and to teach them how to guide their sexuality tenaciously until their wedding night.

Before i go on, let us take a look at the definition of a bride price and take a journey down into history of how bride price started and the importance of bride price both from the scriptures and from human tradition .

Bride Price :This is basically the money paid to the father of a female for taking her virginity.....By extension, it means if you are not the man who took her virginity, you have no business paying any bride price on her.

Exodus chapter 22 verse 16-17
“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.”
Deuteronomy 22:28–29
“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.

As we all can clearly see in these scriptures, you are either a virgin or married and when a man have sex with a woman that is still a virgin, he has violated her and this is dishonest to her virginity and therefore he must pay the virgin price because the man has damaged the future of the lady.

An example about paying bride price from the scriptures was when Abraham bought gifts for Rebecca who happens to be a virgin
Genesis 24:16
The woman was very beautiful, a virgin; no man had ever slept with her. She went down to the spring, filled her jar and came up again. Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother. Genesis 24:53

Even The Quran sees it as Haram for a lady to have any sexual relation outside marriage.

FROM AFRICAN CULTURE AND TRADITION

Paying bride price is an age long practise in many African countries and beyond but it usually goes with what is called “Blood or sheet ceremonies or also called virginity testing,

This is designed to generate proof that a bride's sexual encounter with her new husband is her first sexual experience: blood on the sheets is, apparently, demonstration, that her hymen was ‘broken’ on her wedding night,” and once a lady fails this test. the man must take her back to her family and in some instances, accompany her with drummers singing songs of shame and the bride price he paid is returned to him.

CONCLUSION

As i wrote earlier, i am not judging anyone and virginity does not define any lady but this write up has clearly shown that Bride price or dowry as it is called in some places is only for virgin brides but this does not mean that a man can not still pay whatever he is asked just to show how deeply he desires the lady for a wife but be it as it may, it is imperative for any lady who wants to get married as a non virgin to calm down and not ask for too much because in the first instance, she does not deserve any bride price but ought to be given to the man totally free just to cover her shame.

I hope this makes sense.

7 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Amotolongbo(f): 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2021
Toks2008:
Watch out for this mind blowing article
Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Nobody: 11:28pm On Dec 28, 2021
No guy will want to pay for shit ass holes.

3 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by SankaraSo: 11:31pm On Dec 28, 2021
grin

Toks2008 done swallow RP

Wahala still remain for this 2021 like this

2 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by KingDash: 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2021
all of them useless bros..

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Nobody: 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2021
Ahhh! Wetin dey happen na?
I just dey see different thread about virgins.
I no understand again ooo.
Abi, today na Virgins day?
Na only me dey notice am?

4 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by MaverickA3: 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2021
Beebah2000:

U aren't replying your messages
Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Nobody: 11:53pm On Dec 28, 2021
MaverickA3:

U aren't replying your messages
sorry dear. No data lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:55pm On Dec 28, 2021
Lolsss..OP

Most of the NL Female Tigresses will be Angry@This ur Post o!

But Really, Why will a Girl who has Fckked more dan 40 Diccks get a Bride Price or an Expensive wedding? undecided

Let's be telling ourselves Truth at times! sad

3 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:58pm On Dec 28, 2021
Beebah2000:
sorry dear. No data lipsrsealed

This my Babe issa Correct Babe! I like ur Style!

All dis Guys with dier suspicious, Kurukere moves! sad

Tell him to Buy Android Phone for you to Prove his seriousness! lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:35am On Dec 29, 2021
A typical look of an overused community diick's scrotal sac below, virgin brides beware, you deserve your kind.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Biglittlelois(f): 12:45am On Dec 29, 2021
Toks why is your topic misleading when your thread is about going back to the status quo approved by God? Why not change your topic to "men, go and pay the bride price of any Lady you disvirgined so that the wrath of God will not fall on you"

Your advise according to the scriptures you quoted should be to men not women, cos if all men married women they disvirgined, there will be no promiscuity, everyone, male and female, will marry as virgins.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Toks2008(m): 12:56am On Dec 29, 2021
Biglittlelois:
Toks why is your topic misleading when your thread is about going back to the status quo approved by God? Why not change your topic to "men, go and pay the bride price of any Lady you disvirgined so that the wrath of God will not fall on you"

Your advise according to the scriptures you quoted should be to men not women, cos if all men married women they disvirgined, there will be no promiscuity, everyone, male and female, will marry as virgins.

Nice one.

You may consider creating a thread in that light.

Just that it will be a wild goose chase cos it will be a mission impossible.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Biglittlelois(f): 1:01am On Dec 29, 2021
Toks2008:

Nice one.

You may consider creating a thread in that light.

Just that it will be a wild goose chase cos it will be a mission impossible.

A thread in what light?

How is it a mission impossible when this thread is exactly what i talked about in my previous comment? Or don't you understand the scripture verses you quoted?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Toks2008(m): 1:06am On Dec 29, 2021
Biglittlelois:

A thread in what light?

How is it a mission impossible when this thread is exactly what i talked about in my previous comment? Or don't you understand the scripture verses you quoted?

Asking men to go back to pay a bride price on ay girl they deflowered in the past is a wild goose chase.
Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Harrykn: 6:02am On Dec 29, 2021
The tinder and codedrunz ones should be given out as scrap

2 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:05am On Dec 29, 2021
grin
Na wa oh..

The op is damn right........A lady who has found her way out of the society prior to her how promiscuity is being celebrated among her peers,such a lady should be highly respected, because e no easy....

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by SankaraSo: 6:08am On Dec 29, 2021
Harrykn:
The tinder and codedrunz ones should be given out as scrap

The families should even be doing promo for men to come and carry them.

SIMPS have been spending hard earned money on wasted goods.

4 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by odinson1(m): 6:10am On Dec 29, 2021
Biglittlelois:
A typical look of an overused community diick's scrotal sac below, virgin brides beware, you deserve your kind.

There is nothing like A Male virgin,speaking from a biological and cultural standpoint.

Na una wey be retired PROSTITUTES dey find "virgin" man wey dey inexperienced so that he nor go fit realize say una toto be like Blackhole wey get Infinite depth. Toto wey area boys don pass round like palliative na wetin sane man go marry put for house? undecided

4 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Harrykn: 6:15am On Dec 29, 2021
SankaraSo:

The families should even be doing promo for men to come and carry them.

SIMPS have been spending hard earned money on wasted goods.
Normally...
Alex tinder
Tunde meetup
Peter skout
John tinder
Bestie Abuja
My desires
PH guy
My love
Wetin man don see for women matter eh, but as wise men Dey talk every day “Never wife a hoe”.

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Harrykn: 6:16am On Dec 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:
grin
Na wa oh
Season greetings brotherly
Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Sonnobax15(m): 6:17am On Dec 29, 2021
Harrykn:

Season greetings brotherly
Wish you the same my brother cool. Good morning cheesy
Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Harrykn: 6:22am On Dec 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:
Good morning sir

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by otherway: 6:24am On Dec 29, 2021
Toks2008:
This is not a thread to judge anyone or bring down any gender but it is an eye opener for the world to understand the importance of sexual chastity and perhaps we will start to train the girl child to understand the value of her sexuality, to make them understand that they own the key to a sexually chaste world, to learn how to say NO to guys who are ever willing to snatch their innocence and to teach them that GOD places a very high premium on their sexuality and sex before marriage is nothing to be proud of, to look away from the Satanic norm of having many husbands in the name of boy friends before actually settling down and to teach them how to guide their sexuality tenaciously until their wedding night.

Before i go on, let us take a look at the definition of a bride price and take a journey down into history of how bride price started and the importance of bride price both from the scriptures and from human tradition .

Bride Price :This is basically the money paid to the father of a female for taking her virginity.....By extension, it means if you are not the man who took her virginity, you have no business paying any bride price on her.

Exodus chapter 22 verse 16 to 17
“If a man seduces a virgin who is not betrothed and lies with her, he shall give the bride-price for her and make her his wife. If her father utterly refuses to give her to him, he shall pay money equal to the bride-price for virgins.”
Deuteronomy 22:28–29
“If a man meets a virgin who is not betrothed, and seizes her and lies with her, and they are found, then the man who lay with her shall give to the father of the young woman fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife, because he has violated her. He may not divorce her all his days.

As we all can clearly see in these scriptures, you are either a virgin or married and when a man have sex with a woman that is still a virgin, he has violated her and this is dishonest to her virginity and therefore he must pay the virgin price because the man has damaged the future of the lady.

An example about paying bride price from the scriptures was when Abraham bought gifts for Rebecca who happens to be a virgin
Genesis 24:16
The woman was very beautiful, a virgin; no man had ever slept with her. She went down to the spring, filled her jar and came up again. Then the servant brought out gold and silver jewelry and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave costly gifts to her brother and to her mother. Genesis 24:53

Even The Quran sees it as Haram for a lady to have any sexual relation outside marriage.

FROM AFRICAN CULTURE AND TRADITION

Paying bride price is an age long practise in many African countries and beyond but it usually goes with what is called “Blood or sheet ceremonies or also called virginity testing,

This is designed to generate proof that a bride's sexual encounter with her new husband is her first sexual experience: blood on the sheets is, apparently, demonstration, that her hymen was ‘broken’ on her wedding night,” and once a lady fails this test. the man must take her back to her family and in some instances, accompany her with drummers singing songs of shame and the bride price he paid is returned to him.

CONCLUSION

As i wrote earlier, i am not judging anyone but this write up has clearly shown that Bride price or dowry as it is called in some places is only for virgin brides but this does not mean that a man can not still pay whatever he is asked just to show how deeply he desires the lady for a wife but be it as it may, it is imperative for any lady who wants to get married as a non virgin to calm down and not ask for too much because in the first instance, she does not deserve any bride price but ought to be given to the man totally free just to cover her shame.

I hope this makes sense.

This is a Masterpiece especially the concluding part.

Kudos Bro. At least those Igbo brides who have lost their body count will understand how foolish it is to present long list just to marry a woman that has been ransacked by Jude, Peter, Paul, Obi Cubana, Politicians , Big gods..........make i stop here cos the list too long

3 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Nobody: 7:21am On Dec 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:

This my Babe issa Correct Babe! I like ur Style!

All dis Guys with dier suspicious, Kurukere moves! sad

Tell him to Buy Android Phone for you to Prove his seriousness! lipsrsealed cheesy cheesy
Lol grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by fati2001(m): 7:27am On Dec 29, 2021
ONLY VIRGIN GROOM DESERVE MARRIAGE angry
nonsense and ingredients

just posting garbage ..

IF YOU LIKE QUOTE ME TILL KINGDOM COME..

I STAND BY MY RULE

VIRGIN OR NO PUBLIC COMMUNITY DICK HOLDER AS A SOULMATE angry

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:30am On Dec 29, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Hi, you obviously made some good points.. smiley
BUT
It's Man that marries a women! He Spend on Her as a GF, Later pay the Bride Price, get billed by Inlaws afterwards, etc..
It's only Fair dat the Bride should NOT be one that up to 40 Guys has smashed her Veejay! sad

Imagine a Guy accruing N5million wedding Expenses on a lady who Fuccked alot during her sec and Uni days!.. embarassed

Is this Cool? undecided

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by siofra(f): 7:33am On Dec 29, 2021
Biglittlelois:

Thank you ma'am. As a virgin girl I appreciate this photo.

Nairaland men are so funny. They'll cherry pick only parts of the Bible that suits them. They'll insist on the part where women should stay chaste till marriage but ignore the part where Saint Paul says fornication is a sin irrespective of gender.

They think they have sense grin

4 Likes

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Double0h7(f): 7:33am On Dec 29, 2021
Hmmm. I'm just glad I'm not from your religion, culture and community. If this is how it is where you're from then... ok.
Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Vinnie2000(m): 7:34am On Dec 29, 2021
Sonnobax15:

Bros..

Sorry dat I didn't reply dat ur Message about collecting Gifts in Agofure Park!

Dat thread was suspended as at dat time! So I couldn't drop a comment! sad

Don't worry, All of us Together! No Shaking! smiley
Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:36am On Dec 29, 2021
Vinnie2000:

Bros..

Sorry dat I didn't reply dat ur Message about collecting Gifts in Agofure Park!

Dat thread was suspended as at dat time! So I couldn't drop a comment! sad

Don't worry, All of us Together! No Shaking! smiley
No wahala my brother man cool

1 Like

Re: Dear Spinster, Do you deserve a Bride price? by Nobody: 7:37am On Dec 29, 2021
Beebah2000:
Na kids Dem be na..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ladies Will You Date A Guy Like unclekobo Umbrateeth04 That Does Soak Away Work? / My Gbola Does Not Have A Strong Erection . Help / Do You Think She Is Cheating?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.