Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,981 members, 7,810,728 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:59 PM

YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) (15970 Views)

FBI Reveals New Tips In Romance Scams, Provides Safety Tips / Irene Ibekwe: Christmas And Fear Of Yahoo Boys! (videos, Pics) / Lady Warns Yahoo Boys: "Come With Your Work ID Before Asking Me Out" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by emmyluizzz: 10:12am On Dec 30, 2021
I want to expose and cast some Yahoo Boys format today. Don’t feed these scammers.

How It Works: You receive a message from a man whose photos show he’s a handsome, macho man: he’s in the military, on a ship, or in a gym.

“ Hello pretty,” he might say. “Am Williams Fred by name. How are you doing dear?” He says he messaged you because your pictures drew him to you and he’s looking for the right woman. His soulmate. A “long time” relationship. In reality, he messaged you because he wants you to fall for his con.

He’ll ask you questions about yourself: “Are you married?” and pretend he wants to get to know you. He might share that he is stationed on a “peacekeeping mission” in a far-off land for the military. He’s almost always a widower and usually claims to be a single father. The more sympathy he has from you, the more he can draw you in.

He asks you to switch to Kik or Google hangouts because he doesn’t like to talk on Instagram, Facebook or those dating apps. He feigns interest, sharing deep thoughts about what he wants in a woman; how he has been lonely after he lost his wife. “Since I loss my wife I haven’t seen a beautiful woman like you.” You overlook the grammatical errors because he says such sweet things and his story is just so tragic.

He will shower you with love, sending images of flowers or quotes, stolen poems. He’ll show concern for your well-being, making sure you’re taking care of yourself. “Have you eaten today baby?” He’s hoping you will be so taken by his many compliments ( “you are very beautiful and you got pretty eyeballs” ) that you will overlook all the little inconsistencies.

Through all the terms of endearment, you might miss that it’s not normal conversation to ask someone that you’ve just met “do you live alone?” Or say that they live in California “USA.” You might forget that US servicemen don’t have access to Internet, phones and computers while on base. Or that most people do not fall deeply in love, sight unseen, in a matter of hours.

This scenario happens more often than you’d expect: The FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center received 15,000 romance scam complaints in 2016. Losses to romance scammers topped $230 million, but the FBI believes that number is much higher, estimating that about only 15% of the crimes are being reported.

Once the romance scammers, sometimes called Yahoo boys, believe they have you hooked, they see a fountain of cash coming from America. The scammer may start by asking for small amounts, such as money for a leave pass, a visa, travel, or equipment.

The asks get bigger when a “crisis” ensues. There’s a dire need for equipment, or payment on a hospital bill; maybe even a legal predicament. The victims fear if they don’t pay for the crisis, they won’t be able to meet their beloved. Visits are promised but there is always another “crisis” and reason for the victims to send money. This cycle continues until the victim loses everything or figures out the scam. When that happens, the scammer will either disappear or convince the victim to launder money for him.

Payment Method Scammers use different ways of taking payment, from having the victim send the money via Western Union or MoneyGram to purchasing gift cards and sending the information on them.

The Bait/Format Yahoo boys will set up accounts on social media sites like Facebook or Instagram, and dating sites like OKCupid, Match and EHarmony. They always say they are military, civil engineer, “sailor seaman,” or work on an offshore oil rig. Most of them will say they lost their wife in a terrible accident or some sort, like a car crash or childbirth. They are just yearning to love again and are ready to open up their hearts to the right woman.They say they are single fathers and feign concern for their child, whom they never see.

The Bottom Line If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. People don’t just fall in love within the first few hours or days of meeting each other online. Military men don’t need you to send them money for phones, passes or anything else; they have access to their own bank accounts anywhere in the world and leave passes are not for sale. Anyone asking for money is very likely a scammer. Hope you find this helpful.

9 Likes 8 Shares

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by emmyluizzz: 10:15am On Dec 30, 2021

1 Like

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by omotoshodontee1: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2021
U need a life oooo

4 Likes

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by matrix199(m): 10:21am On Dec 30, 2021
Ignorance makes the ignorant learn the hard way.

Ignorance makes the con man not realise he'll also fall victim to someone else, like the police, armed robber or hater.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by slawormiir: 10:22am On Dec 30, 2021
Damnnn niggar

This op is not a real niggar

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by emmyluizzz: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
if being a real nigga means scamming people..then I'll pass

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by kinzation(m): 10:35am On Dec 30, 2021
Dem don cast work for them Slawomir

This OP no be real nigaarrr

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Double0h7(f): 10:38am On Dec 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

If you honestly do this shi then may life deal with you! It isn't cool because you are a professional beggar and good people try to help you and you're here thinking you are working.

You are worthless in the grand scheme of life (fungus is more useful to life than you). Your death is a blessing for others. Imagine choosing that and thinking you're something special.

*spits on his worthless corpse*

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Kutunban: 10:38am On Dec 30, 2021
This format is old school, it's for newbies who want to learn bombing.

Fraud doesn't pay, the more you bomb the more you want to, till the day your cup fills up. Fraudulent people have no knowledge to sustain their ill gotten wealth that's why they keep bombing.

Nice information anyway thumbs up, that format mostly works for whitees.

15 Likes

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by uthlaw: 10:40am On Dec 30, 2021
So how many white bitches you see on this forum that makes you to be posting rubbish....when are you going to post the format of your politicians that makes you jobless!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Double0h7(f): 10:42am On Dec 30, 2021
uthlaw:
So how many white bitches you see on this forum that makes you to be posting rubbish....when are you going to post the format of your politicians that makes you jobless!

You don't understand how the internet works do you

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by uthlaw: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2021
Double0h7:

You don't understand how the internet works do you
no sir...can you explain?
Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Homeboiy: 11:04am On Dec 30, 2021
Na only military format you know

Oya talk other ones nah

You still be newbie

You sabi how them take de send consignment?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by emmyluizzz: 11:15am On Dec 30, 2021
Double0h7:

If you honestly do this shi then may life deal with you! It isn't cool because you are a professional beggar and good people try to help you and you're here thinking you are working.

You are worthless in the grand scheme of life (fungus is more useful to life than you). You're death is a blessing for others. Imagine choosing that and thinking you're something special.

easy bro
he needs our prayers
Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by emmyluizzz: 11:16am On Dec 30, 2021
Kutunban:
This format is old school, it's for newbies who want to learn bombing.

Fraud doesn't pay, the more you bomb the more you want to, till the day your cup fills up. Fraudulent people have no knowledge to sustain their ill gotten wealth that's why they keep bombing.

Nice information anyway thumbs up, that format mostly works for whitees.

thank God we still got good people like you in naija

1 Like

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by emmyluizzz: 11:17am On Dec 30, 2021
uthlaw:

bros be calming down
I'm working on the instructions of God almighty

nothing concern me with politics

others can write about them
I chose to write this one

NB I'm not jobless
I work legitly and legally earning a salary of high 5 figures

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2021
Wannabe redpillers left the group chat..this is not for them... angry angry wink cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by emmyluizzz: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2021
Homeboiy:
Na only military format you know
Oya talk other ones nah
You still be newbie
You sabi how them take de send consignment?
maybe you can help by telling us how this works

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by MikeMicheal(m): 11:25am On Dec 30, 2021
This OP doesnt know he is indirectly teaching wannabe Scammers how to scam.

MODERATORS DELETE THIS THREAD!

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by uthlaw: 11:25am On Dec 30, 2021
emmyluizzz:

bros be calming down
I'm working on the instructions of God almighty

nothing concern me with politics

others can write about them
I chose to write this one

NB I'm not jobless
I work legitly and legally earning a salary of high 5 figures
okay sir!
Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by emmyluizzz: 11:29am On Dec 30, 2021
MikeMicheal:
This OP doesnt know he is indirectly teaching wannabe Scammers how to scam.

MODERATORS DELETE THIS THREAD!
see the angle you are looking at it

how to you stop something when you can't tell them how it is done

anybody wey want start Yahoo should go ahead...
that one concern them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by skj1377(m): 11:36am On Dec 30, 2021
In order to be a successful yahoo guy you Dont need a conscience. Meanwhile the conscience is an integral part of the qualities of a noble spirit. Now imagine when you have multitude of spirits without conscience but only material things to show for it, but unfortunately, these material things can be with them for only 85 more years at best before death comes calling.
Anyway you look at it nothing good can happen to such a spirit. Firstly, imagine all these spirits without conscience all in the same region after death. In that region, they will keep scamming themselves and making each spirit miserable because only such kinds of spirits are there no Inocent spirit. Sounds like hell fire conditions to me.
Secondly, whatever a man sows that shall he reap many times over. Every scammer will pay for his crime, each scam has a specified punishment and the punishment will be multiplied many folds. Probably he started scamming from age 16yrs by age 55yrs to his time of death some of his punishment will have matured and will start heading back to him at full speed.
Thirdly, a spirit that scams people thereby spreading sorrow and unhapiness can't be happy either. He may have 20 lexus cars 60 houses and 30billion in bitcoin but will end up in prison. Am sure scammers Dont feel happy at any time the thought of the punishment coming and new pusniment they are creating for themselves is enough to make them unhappy.
Ladies should be careful getting into relationship or marriage with scammers because their ofsprings will be affected. It would have been nice if scamming ladies hookup with their male counterparts so they could enjoy a life of misery and spiritual damnation together. Unfortunately, good girls end up with these yahoo guys and partake is some of the punishment.
If only people know that nothing is free and no crime goes unpunished probably they will change. As we speak new born babies are born in arid regions of the world where no food no clean water or shelter. Is that not a kind of punishment. If you ask me any baby born with a certain ailment is equally a form of punishment for whatever. Nothing is free people will not know when the punisment starts coming but it must come in this earth life, spiritually or in the next.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Double0h7(f): 12:00pm On Dec 30, 2021
emmyluizzz:

easy bro
he needs our prayers

No, their victims need our prayers. His kind need to be shot by firing squad. Being a thief was the worst thing an African man could ever be but look at us today, protecting and celebrating thieves.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Kingkyle1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 30, 2021
Fraudsters in Nigeria are finding plethora of disparate ways to legitimise their dubious occupation. From yahoo to G boys to working boys. They're trying to erase or reduce the severity by finding cool names for it but no matter what, you all are thieves and criminals, like armed robbers, you're internet robbers.

I saw a video clip where someone scammed $1m and he's thanking God about it, posting it online so people will rejoice with him. And unfortunately, some did. That goes to show the level of depravity and moral decadence in our society. Just like Cameron said, Nigeria and Afghanistan are the two most fantastically corrupt countries in the world. No doubt about that. God have seen things oo. You scam person, you allude the success to God?

The youths have been finding ways to justify their criminal acts, some said, the white men used us as slaves but make anyone loose guard and you will be the next scam victim. No matter your colour, your race, your ethnicity, your religion, your colour. They'll scam you very well. A friend of mine scammed me 500k with a business proposal. All of them are heartless. I read where a British man committed suicide after he was scammed twice of $500 by a Nigerian in a romance related scam. The European man, died because of heartbreak from the scam.
To tell you how wicked and conscience less these scammers, yahoo boys or working boys are. I met a friend of mine at a restaurant, we wanted to hangout after not seeing for awhile. When we finished discussing and prepared to go, we couldn't see the lady that served us. I wanted to find her but my friend insisted we go. He said that i should know this is how people get rich, you know getting the cold heart of a scammer. That if I waka now, nothing will happen. I reprimanded him, I told him that If I am to get rich by being mischievous and depriving other people joy and plunging them into pains then let the wealth go to hell. This young girl that served us could have opted to be doing hook up or something illegitimate but she decided against that but you decided to cash in on her mistake just for your own selfishness and not because you don't have the wherewithal to pay up. Well, I later didn't find the lady but gave the money to a colleague of hers and he thanked me and said the lady actually mentioned serving us before leaving but he too forgot.
My guy later messaged me few weeks later to thank me for changing his life. He told me of how he was already about to scam an American based truck driver on instagram before our meeting. He was posing as a lady but after our encounter he closed his account while the love struck white man was begging him to send his PayPal for a $500 transfer.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by techWriter3: 12:11pm On Dec 30, 2021
if getting a real homie virtue conning folks..then I'll get
Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Franktom247(m): 1:03pm On Dec 30, 2021
They have,are and will still come for you
Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Jamesbiodun(m): 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2021
The OP is using style to teach some newbies yahoo grin we already know the drill
Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Aburada: 4:12pm On Dec 30, 2021
Double0h7:

You are worthless in the grand scheme of life (fungus is more useful to life than you). You're death is a blessing for others. Imagine choosing that and thinking you're something special.

Every human death is a blessing to other people indirectly. Your holier than thou death will open a vacancy in your position as a worker which is a blessing to a new employee

1 Like

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Eryyy92: 4:53pm On Dec 30, 2021
Op is a fool. You think say woman wey don love up or wey dem lock go listen to this your rubbish? undecided
Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by Ojikutumomiage(m): 4:57pm On Dec 30, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

If scamming is your safe route, how do you refer to yourself a real man?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by daddytime(m): 5:33pm On Dec 30, 2021
emmyluizzz:
I want to expose and cast some Yahoo Boys format today. Don’t feed
these scammers.

How It Works:
You receive a message from a man whose photos show he’s a
handsome, macho man: he’s in the military, on a ship, or in a gym.

“ Hello pretty,” he might say. “Am Williams Fred by name. How are
you doing dear?” He says he messaged you because your pictures drew
him to you and he’s looking for the right woman. His soulmate. A
“long time” relationship. In reality, he messaged you because he wants
you to fall for his con.

He’ll ask you questions about yourself: “Are you married?” and
pretend he wants to get to know you. He might share that he is
stationed on a “peacekeeping mission” in a far-off land for the
military. He’s almost always a widower and usually claims to be a
single father. The more sympathy he has from you, the more he can
draw you in.

He asks you to switch to Kik or Google hangouts because he doesn’t
like to talk on Instagram, Facebook or those dating apps. He feigns
interest, sharing deep thoughts about what he wants in a woman; how
he has been lonely after he lost his wife. “Since I loss my wife I
haven’t seen a beautiful woman like you.” You overlook the
grammatical errors because he says such sweet things and his story is just
so tragic.

He will shower you with love, sending images of flowers or quotes,
stolen poems. He’ll show concern for your well-being, making sure
you’re taking care of yourself. “Have you eaten today baby?” He’s
hoping you will be so taken by his many compliments ( “you are very
beautiful and you got pretty eyeballs” ) that you will overlook all the
little inconsistencies.

Through all the terms of endearment, you might miss that it’s not
normal conversation to ask someone that you’ve just met “do you live
alone?” Or say that they live in California “USA.” You might forget
that US servicemen don’t have access to Internet, phones and computers
while on base. Or that most people do not fall deeply in love, sight
unseen, in a matter of hours.

This scenario happens more often than you’d expect: The FBI’s Internet
Crime Complaint Center received 15,000 romance scam complaints in
2016. Losses to romance scammers topped $230 million, but the FBI
believes that number is much higher, estimating that about only 15% of
the crimes are being reported.

Once the romance scammers, sometimes called Yahoo boys, believe they
have you hooked, they see a fountain of cash coming from America.
The scammer may start by asking for small amounts, such as money for
a leave pass, a visa, travel, or equipment.

The asks get bigger when a “crisis” ensues. There’s a dire need for
equipment, or payment on a hospital bill; maybe even a legal
predicament. The victims fear if they don’t pay for the crisis, they
won’t be able to meet their beloved. Visits are promised but there is
always another “crisis” and reason for the victims to send money. This
cycle continues until the victim loses everything or figures out the scam.
When that happens, the scammer will either disappear or convince the
victim to launder money for him.

Payment Method
Scammers use different ways of taking payment, from having the victim
send the money via Western Union or MoneyGram to purchasing gift cards
and sending the information on them.

The Bait/Format
Yahoo boys will set up accounts on social media sites like Facebook or
Instagram, and dating sites like OKCupid, Match and EHarmony.
They always say they are military, civil engineer, “sailor seaman,” or
work on an offshore oil rig. Most of them will say they lost their wife
in a terrible accident or some sort, like a car crash or childbirth.
They are just yearning to love again and are ready to open up their
hearts to the right woman.They say they are single fathers and feign
concern for their child, whom they never see.

The Bottom Line
If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. People don’t just fall
in love within the first few hours or days of meeting each other online.
Military men don’t need you to send them money for phones, passes or
anything else; they have access to their own bank accounts anywhere in
the world and leave passes are not for sale. Anyone asking for money is
very likely a scammer.
Hope you find this helpful.

Well done bro, let's keep doing the expose.

There isn't anything smart or glamorous in stealing from the unsuspecting.

Stealing is stealing and comes with grave consequences just like other sins.

I did some expose in my book too based on my personal experience as a shameless ex yahoo boy.

Quote me if you wanna get and read the book it's on okadabooks
Re: YAHOO BOYS FORMAT: How Romance Scams Work (all You Need To Know) by DoingBetter: 6:02pm On Dec 30, 2021
You have a good conscience. Don't lose it. You'll be blessed for the good deed you've done. Don't ever lose that spirit of light in you.
Kingkyle1:
Fraudsters in Nigeria are finding plethora of disparate ways to legitimise their dubious occupation. From yahoo to G boys to working boys. They're trying to erase or reduce the severity by finding cool names for it but no matter what, you all are thieves and criminals, like armed robbers, you're internet robbers.

I saw a video clip where someone scammed $1m and he's thanking God about it, posting it online so people will rejoice with him. And unfortunately, some did. That goes to show the level of depravity and moral decadence in our society. Just like Cameron said, Nigeria and Afghanistan are the two most fantastically corrupt countries in the world. No doubt about that. God have seen things oo. You scam person, you allude the success to God?

The youths have been finding ways to justify their criminal acts, some said, the white men used us as slaves but make anyone loose guard and you will be the next scam victim. No matter your colour, your race, your ethnicity, your religion, your colour. They'll scam you very well. A friend of mine scammed me 500k with a business proposal. All of them are heartless. I read where a British man committed suicide after he was scammed twice of $500 by a Nigerian in a romance related scam. The European man, died because of heartbreak from the scam.
To tell you how wicked and conscience less these scammers, yahoo boys or working boys are. I met a friend of mine at a restaurant, we wanted to hangout after not seeing for awhile. When we finished discussing and prepared to go, we couldn't see the lady that served us. I wanted to find her but my friend insisted we go. He said that i should know this is how people get rich, you know getting the cold heart of a scammer. That if I waka now, nothing will happen. I reprimanded him, I told him that If I am to get rich by being mischievous and depriving other people joy and plunging them into pains then let the wealth go to hell. This young girl that served us could have opted to be doing hook up or something illegitimate but she decided against that but you decided to cash in on her mistake just for your own selfishness and not because you don't have the wherewithal to pay up. Well, I later didn't find the lady but gave the money to a colleague of hers and he thanked me and said the lady actually mentioned serving us before leaving but he too forgot.
My guy later messaged me few weeks later to thank me for changing his life. He told me of how he was already about to scam an American based truck driver on instagram before our meeting. He was posing as a lady but after our encounter he closed his account while the love struck white man was begging him to send his PayPal for a $500 transfer.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Boyfriend Doesn't Love Me Anymore Because I Failed JAMB. / Guy Falls Off A Building In Marriage Proposal Prank / Nollywood: Pictures Of Cossy Orjiakor's Sex Scene With Dog Surfaces (photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.