Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,712 members, 7,851,428 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:06 PM

2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council (18862 Views)

Aisha Binani Seeks Judicial Review On 'Declaration' As Winner Of Adamawa Poll / 2013 Video Of Bola Tinubu Working Out On An Exercise Bicycle / APC Unveils Gov Lalong As DG Campaign Council, Keyamo As Spokesperson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by Trumann: 11:01pm On Jan 03, 2022
crispus09:

He can do that if he's so wish,
Youth governance is what I'm championing

You mean youth misgovernance as practiced by Yahaya Bello.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by aribisala0(m): 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2022
shadeze:

Firstly, you are should stop assuming things you don't know, I don't live in Lagos and never intend to live there. My line of work means I travel around the country a lot so there's hardly any part of this country that I don't know what's happening there. Secondly, the truth doesn't give a damn about your feelings and the truth is that lagos was a glorified slum during Tinubu's time. I remember a place called Oshodi, during Tinubu's time, it was hell for anyone trying to pass through there with ugly touts everywhere making life miserable for people but Fashola and Ambode turned that place into a wonderful place. Same thing happened all over lagos even in Ikeja that is the seat of government, I remember how messed up it was under Tinubu. You guys don't like telling yourself the truth and quickly resort to insults instead of facing facts. Thirdly, this Lagos you claim belongs to Yoruba became a big city because it was made the capital of nigeria and was developed with resources from all parts of Nigeria, today you Yoruba loudmouths are making noise that it belongs to you. Even a Yoruba person that was born in odogbolu that has never seen lagos before will be shouting lagos, lagos, lagos as if he has ever contributed one kobo to the development of Lagos. Lagos belongs to Nigeria and every Nigerian is free to go and "Live and die there" if he wants.
Purge yourself of hatred and jealousy.
No Lagos state was not developed with external resources . Lagos State has ALWAYS contributed more that it received
read this thread to understand where Lagos was in 1895.
https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil/4
FYI Lagos state was never the capital of Nigeria Just Lagos City
The rest of the state including Ikeja was part of the Western Region until 1967. The strategic creation of a manufacturing hub in Ikeja is a Western Region/Awolowo legacy so this idea that the state was "developed" by all Nigerians or with Nigerian money is misguided

Not everyone is a Tinubu supporter but those of us who are genuine Lagosians know the truth. We know Tinubu's flaws but he must be given credit for the transformation we see today. Lagos is not YET a wonderful place but it is on the way there. Lagos State was not created by Tinubu .
If it was a "glorified slum" during Tinubu's time That was not his doing
Lagos state was mismanaged by the military for decades .and was quite dependent on oil revenue like most states of the country.
When Tinubu came to power the ANNUAL Internally Generated Revenue was 12 Billion Naira.
It was also the case that in 1999 the price of crude oil was $25
It s also the case that when he was in power Obasanjo withheld Local Government allocation for years
That is the context.
Tinubu laid the platform for revenue generation which his successors were able to build on. His government authored the Masterplan and created a platform for Fashola
Now what is the Context of Fashola. ?
2007 -2015 the period when Nigeria experienced the highest oil prices in history and Yaradua paid all the withheld LGA allocation and continued to do so. So Fashola had a lot of money to work with but The IGR base in Lagos today is purely Tinubu's legacy
The Lagos state Development Plan is his legacy
The BRT is Tinubu's legacy. It was launched in 2008 but clearly Tinubu's concept.

I really do not want to hold brief for Tinubu and I welcome genuine criticism of which there is a lot but trying to dismiss or downplay his role in the transformation of Lagos State from 1999 is pure spite and hatred.
He is conceptually more significant than Fashola or Ambode
I suggest you go and read the Lagos State Development plan.
Tinubu 's approach was to get smart people together and allow them to work. Unfortunately he has flaws which some of us find intolerable BUT he deserves credit for the Lagos we see today . Just like Awolowo also does too. Many things took shape in Fashola's time but the y were conceived earlier with a coherent plan

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by oyatz(m): 12:15am On Jan 04, 2022
Reality3080:
who do u think we should vote instead of Tinubu?

They want you to vote for thiefAtiku

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by oyatz(m): 12:18am On Jan 04, 2022
adamsmith914:
Who the Gods want to destroy they first make mad, Jagaban should have taken q of what happened to MKO Abiola?

But like I said, who the Gods want to destroy they first make mad.

History is known to repeat itself, Bola Tinubu has seen the signs, he knows his time is up, let him try & grab the last straw to stay afloat politically.

All these are just too immature.

Tinubu has the right to contest. Whether he wins or not is his personal business. There can only be one winner at a time
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by oyatz(m): 12:27am On Jan 04, 2022
Asgard73:

K

Next

The biggest threat to igbo president is the core North, however if younger igbo politicians continue to participate in the presidential race, it will dilute the unnecessary prejudice against Igbo presidency.

Nigeria can't attain her full potentials if some parts of the country are shut out of the leadership roles and all citizens don't have equal rights to hold the highest office in the land.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by aribisala0(m): 12:32am On Jan 04, 2022
shadeze:

Which yeye foundation did Tinubu lay? Can you point to a single major project in Lagos today that was done by Tinubu? Fashola in his first four years turned lagos around from the nightmarish slum it was during Tinubu's time. You guys should stop lying to yourselves and face the facts.

The foundation is the IGR base. In 1999 it was 500 million naira a month in 2007 it had grown to 8 billion naira a month and has continued to grow
All of this whilst Obasanjo was withholding allocation funds

BRT inaugurated in 2008 did not fall from the sky.
It is major and transformative
LAWMA
LASTMA
Transformation of the Lagos Business district from Tinubu Square to Idumota

Tinubu completed several Housing projects across the state.
Still I do not support his presidency because of the overbearing nepotism of his family. If he wins we will have a rubber stamp National Assembly and Buhari will not be held to account for many killings. I alsothink we need a younger person .
I suspect many critics like you are motivated by blind ignorant hatred
He has tried and should rest but in the context of Nigeria there are few governors who have done better.
Yorubas celebrate Awolowo because of his ideas not "major projects" even though those abound . We are not fooled by concrete and steel but legacies that endure.

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by oyatz(m): 12:52am On Jan 04, 2022
adamsmith914:
Muslim/Muslim ticket can never fly in Nigeria dead on arrival, na the late Fela Kuti give us the scope.

Christian Association of Nigeria will never accept it. Bola Ahmed Tinubu aka Jagaban will never be President of Nigeria, Osinbajo is your best bet.

Where did you see Muslim-muslim ticket? Why putting the cart before the horse?

Has any Muslim won the presidential Primaries and picks a Muslim running mate? Even at that, we should be discarding the religions of the candidates and focus on more important issues.

By the way, when is it going to be time for Traditionalists to get to power? When will the Atheists become president or vice-president?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by aribisala0(m): 12:54am On Jan 04, 2022
oyatz:

The biggest threat to igbo president is the core North, however if younger igbo politicians continue to participate in the presidential race, it will dilute the unnecessary prejudice against Igbo presidency.

Nigeria can't attain her full potentials if some parts of the country are shut out of the leadership roles and all citizens don't have equal rights to hold the highest office in the land.

That is like saying World Football will not reach its potential tlll all countries win the World Cup
All citizens have equal rights to attain the highest office but all cannot get it simply because there are dozens of ethnicities in Nigeria
Do Ibos shut anyone out of Spare parts business?
Do Fulani shut anyone out of cow business?

Ibos, are not the only ones that have not tasted the presidency
Add to that list
Hausa, Idoma,Tiv Edo, Efik and many others
Your sentimental lamentation is not matched by reality
Who is "shutting out" Ibos? No one but Ibos

You have equal rights but no one is going to gift you the presidency .
You have to persuade others to vote for you

1 Like

Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by oyatz(m): 12:56am On Jan 04, 2022
adamsmith914:
No doubt, I know APC will not be stupid to lose power over a selfish man’s ambition, unless they are ready to relinquish Federal power to pdp? Which positively you know for sure that they aren’t quite ready after just 8 years.

President Buhari has to secure his legacy, let Bola Tinubu play his last cards, his time is up, after 2023 election, a new President & political leader of the South West has emerged.

By limiting the discussion about the 2023 presidential election to Tinubu, you aren't looking at the bigger picture.

What we should be clamouring for is free and fair election. Whoever emerges will lead to certain advantages for the country.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by oyatz(m): 1:04am On Jan 04, 2022
aribisala0:

That is like saying World Football will not reach its potential tlll all countries win the World Cup
All citizens have equal rights to attain the highest office but all cannot get it simply because there are dozens of ethnicities in Nigeria
Do Ibos shut anyone out of Spare parts business?
Do Fulani shut anyone out of cow business?

Ibos, are not the only ones that have not tasted the presidency
Add to that list
Hausa, Idoma,Tiv Edo, Efik and many others
Your sentimental lamentation is not matched by reality
Who is "shutting out" Ibos? No one but Ibos

You have equal rights but no one is going to gift you the presidency .
You have to persuade others to vote for you

You don't understand my point sir.

In the first paragraph, I urge younger generation of Igbo politicians to always participate in the presidential race , that with time whatever prejudice against igbo presidency will fizzle out.

My second paragraph was did NOT mean that presidency should be handed over to the Igbos.
I only emphasis that if people from different parts of Nigeria rule the country, what is over looked by one Region may be promoted by one Region and this will help to fasten development.

If a significant part of Nigeria (irrespective of who they are) doesn't participate in the leadership roles, it's a great drawback for the country.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by aribisala0(m): 1:06am On Jan 04, 2022
Trumann:

You mean youth misgovernance as practiced by Yahaya Bello.
I really do not understand the YOUTH tag of this guy

Is he the youngest governor since 1999?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by aribisala0(m): 1:14am On Jan 04, 2022
oyatz:

You don't understand my point sir.

In the first paragraph, I urge younger generation of Igbo politicians to always participate in the presidential race , that with time whatever prejudice against igbo presidency will fizzle out.

My second paragraph was did NOT mean that presidency should be handed over to the Igbos.
I only emphasis that if people from different parts of Nigeria rule the country, what is over looked by one Region may be promoted by one Region and this will help to fasten development.

If a significant part of Nigeria (irrespective of who they are) doesn't participate in the leadership roles, it's a great drawback for the country.
The presidency is not the only leadership role besides a very significant part of the country appear to be permanently excluded-from many roles(WOMEN)
I do not think there is evidence for prejudice against Ibo presidency. The one clear case of prejudice is the annulment of June 12
Is there prejudice against Hausa presidency?
How come no Hausa man has been elected president?
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by pacificom: 1:18am On Jan 04, 2022
Dsalvo:

Why do some of you keep talking so ignorantly? Can Adesina win a local government chairman election in Nigeria?

Who are those who will kingmake for him and mobilize at grassroot level?

Did anyone tell you economists, technocrats and 'modernizers' did not contest the 2019 election?

You need to find out how many votes Sowore, Moghalu, Olowepo Hasim and many other "modernizers" got in 2019 while Buhari got 15 million and Atiki over 11 million.

Moghalu got a miserable 21k and Donald Duke people like you hail ignoratantly, without realizing how Nigerian voting works, got 33k votes.

Olawepo-Hashim under 3k votes. Sowore 33k votes. Your 'superstar technocrat' Obi Ezekwesili got 7k votes.

When most Nigerian youths don't even understand their own nation then elders just retire to bed when you begin talking because they know your ignorance and lack of understanding of the system means you won't get anywhere.

That is why we need complete overhaul of our political system in order to enable the right set of people to be at the helms of the political affair. Politics should not be a do or die affair or the right of the influential nigerians which we dont know their plan for us. That is why we need a reform that will change the criteria by which people are qualify to join political party and actively participate in politics. We need the right set of people to come out clean and win election and the result of our election to reflect the reality of peoples choice, in lieu of the present system that genuine citizens are afraid of their lives and totally abstain from politics, except for the some crooks who have a selfish ambition.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by Trumann: 2:14am On Jan 04, 2022
aribisala0:
I really do not understand the YOUTH tag of this guy

Is he the youngest governor since 1999?

His supporters are dumb mediocres who might have never heard of Donald Duke.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by 77up(m): 7:33am On Jan 04, 2022
crispus09:

I'm not hating anybody tinubu was senort before governor for 8yrs and has continues to rule lagos and osun state ever since by proxy,
Tinubu is a fool blooded nigerian just like yaya bello I mention,not that I like GYB in fact I'm not his fan at all,
But like I said I 'll rather vote youth to serve as an avenue for other youth to take over than to continue worshiping all these old selfish greedy people that only care about there children in abroad while continuing to leave youth in this country to suffer.
I understand you my brother , you are very much entitled to your opinion, but what I know is even youth may be worse than these so called old, is american president not old? Let's just pray for a grace but in all , I stand with Tinubu.

BAT 2023.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by aribisala0(m): 12:01pm On Jan 04, 2022
Trumann:

His supporters are dumb mediocres who might have never heard of Donald Duke.
Orji Uzor Kalu w as under 40 too
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by udemzeus(m): 6:34pm On Jan 05, 2022
SeyeMan:

Politics, at the highest level is a game of numbers, not individualism.

That why we produce useless presidents
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by DCatt: 8:24pm On Jan 05, 2022
Yoruba don't use the word Lagosian because it has no meaning to us. Sometimes the politicians to perform magic and give some horse-back ride on a cockroach. It's like in the UK where only foreigners call themselves British while the indigenous people call themselves English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish. In Yorubaland we are simply Yoruba, let squatters call themselves whatever.
jaxxy:

And how do u know I’m not Yoruba? undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by DCatt: 8:39pm On Jan 05, 2022
You need to learn to tell the truth first.

Where did Tinubu agree to zoning in the south and why did the zoning agreement not cover all regions but just north and south when there are 6 geopols in Nigeria?

Finally, how is it the turn of the southeast?

It's Yoruba's turn to produce the president.
Amah70:

If you see some fellow southerners sweating over the mention of Tinubu, that means there is something wrong with what the man is doing. And it's a ticket to his failure on the path of his wrongdoing.
Only a clown would seek for zoning of the presidency between the north and the south to enable the south to produce a successor to President Buhari, but ignores zoning among the regions of the south, because it is the turn of the Igbo in the SE to utilise zoning to produce successor to PMB.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by jaxxy(m): 8:43pm On Jan 05, 2022
DCatt:
Yoruba don't use the word Lagosian because it has no meaning to us. Sometimes the politicians to perform magic and give some horse-back ride on a cockroach. It's like in the UK where only foreigners call themselves British while the indigenous people call themselves English, Scottish, Welsh and Irish. In Yorubaland we are simply Yoruba, let squatters call themselves whatever.

And who told Yoruba’s don’t use the word lagosian? undecided

Yoruba is very broad there even Yoruba foreigners from outside Nigeria. undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by DCatt: 8:58pm On Jan 05, 2022
Since you just want to lie, go right ahead, I stand with my first comment.

The chances of you Igbos living anywhere other than Yorubaland is zero, you are that obsessed with us. Even when you leave abroad and say you are you going home, you can't go home but you still go to Yorubaland. In a sane world Igbos should worship Yoruba but what we have is a beggar attacking his benefactor.

As testified by colonialists Lagos was the richest by far and has been the region that is taking care of Nigeria and you can see that till today.

Igbos didn't contribute anything to Lagos, my region was built and made, that's why you came. You can't build anything for yourself, you are a bunch of parasitic leeches.

Tinubu remade Lagos with no single kobo from federal allocations.

Finally, you ingrates shouldn't be dying on another man's land if you have any dignity left in you. Well your people are not exactly known for dignity, you are sorry azz refugees all over Nigeria.

shadeze:

Firstly, you are should stop assuming things you don't know, I don't live in Lagos and never intend to live there. My line of work means I travel around the country a lot so there's hardly any part of this country that I don't know what's happening there. Secondly, the truth doesn't give a damn about your feelings and the truth is that lagos was a glorified slum during Tinubu's time. I remember a place called Oshodi, during Tinubu's time, it was hell for anyone trying to pass through there with ugly touts everywhere making life miserable for people but Fashola and Ambode turned that place into a wonderful place. Same thing happened all over lagos even in Ikeja that is the seat of government, I remember how messed up it was under Tinubu. You guys don't like telling yourself the truth and quickly resort to insults instead of facing facts. Thirdly, this Lagos you claim belongs to Yoruba became a big city because it was made the capital of nigeria and was developed with resources from all parts of Nigeria, today you Yoruba loudmouths are making noise that it belongs to you. Even a Yoruba person that was born in odogbolu that has never seen lagos before will be shouting lagos, lagos, lagos as if he has ever contributed one kobo to the development of Lagos. Lagos belongs to Nigeria and every Nigerian is free to go and "Live and die there" if he wants.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by DCatt: 9:11pm On Jan 05, 2022
Yoruba don't need to use Lagosian just as the English, Welsh, Irish and Scottish don't call themselves British but foreigners do.

I see you trying to change the track of this topic and I see where you are going with it.

There are Yoruba everywhere but they have nothing to do with this topic, or are they calling themselves Lagosians?
jaxxy:

And who told Yoruba’s don’t use the word lagosian? undecided

Yoruba is very broad there even Yoruba foreigners from outside Nigeria. undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by jaxxy(m): 9:22pm On Jan 05, 2022
DCatt:
Yoruba don't need to use Lagosian just as the English, Welsh, Irish and Scottish don't call themselves British but foreigners do.

I see you trying to change the track of this topic and I see where you are going with it.

There are Yoruba everywhere but they have nothing to do with this topic, or are they calling themselves Lagosians?

I’m only following ur narrative. Yoruba don’t need to call themselves Lagosians. And I’m saying do u know there are Yorubas who are foreigners? undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by DCatt: 9:30pm On Jan 05, 2022
You can't be a Yoruba and be a foreigner in Lagos or Osun at the same time. The Yoruba in Benin and Togo for example are not foreigners they are Yoruba, the colonial boundaries are not ours. In other countries we have people mixed with Yoruba. And no you are not following my narrative.
jaxxy:

I’m only following ur narrative. Yoruba don’t need to call themselves Lagosians. And I’m saying do u know there are Yorubas who are foreigners? undecided
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by jaxxy(m): 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2022
DCatt:
You can't be a Yoruba and be a foreigner at the same time. The Yoruba in Benin and Togo for example are not foreigners they are Yoruba. In other countries we have people mixed with Yoruba. And no you are not following my narrative.

A Yoruba in Benin and Togo are definitely foreigners in Nigeria just like Fulani from chad. Anything else is deception.
Re: 2023 Presidency: Tinubu Working On Declaration Date –DG Campaign Council by DCatt: 9:44pm On Jan 05, 2022
You said in Nigeria but I'm talking about Yorubaland.

Nigeria doesn't count because it's a tilted skyscraper with date. It's man made, dubious and going down.

Btw, thanks for making it clear that you are not Yoruba by calling our very own foreigners. Our kinfolks are in Benin and Togo. The Igbos or Fulani we share country with are not, so culturally and every which way you look at it, Nigeria is useless to us.
jaxxy:

A Yoruba in Benin and Togo are definitely foreigners in Nigeria just like Fulani from chad. Anything else is deception.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Treason: Arrest Obi And Datti Next Time They "Blab Anyhow" - Reno Omokri To FG / In The Event Of A Break War, How The Middle Belt Will Align/fare / Abuja Fuel Queues Disappear As NNPC Pumps 67 Million Litres Of Petrol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.