Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,117 members, 7,828,981 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! (35974 Views)

Is ITEL Now Obsolete? / This Blackberry Phone Is Giving Me Headache-help! / There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by DrFunmisticGlow: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2022
dedonfranco:
Na wahoo

What about the Girls that lost their virginity because of BlackBerry, They willnt be happy with this News.
they're all married with children

3 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by LikeAking: 9:24am On Jan 06, 2022
They bleeped up when they accepted 5 billion usd from google andriod for their software.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by lomprico(m): 9:31am On Jan 06, 2022
I still use my z30
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by jaxxy(m): 9:31am On Jan 06, 2022
Poor designs and average software and terrible battery.

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by einsteine(m): 9:32am On Jan 06, 2022
Throwback to when Yahoo boys enjoyed threesomes by offering used blackberry phones.

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Livingstone124: 9:32am On Jan 06, 2022
yes it is official that girls who lost their virginity or lost their lives because of BlackBerry phone are obsolete in all ramifications.

2 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Edusouls(m): 9:33am On Jan 06, 2022
Chai this phone craze girls and many were compromised cos of this phone back in the days, not only Nigerian girls black girls as a whole get easily moved by material and flashy things, one reason they are much hated even by their own men in USA, they were labelled bitches..

3 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by 4good(m): 9:35am On Jan 06, 2022
vivaciousvivi:
Classic BlackBerry phones stop working today

You can no longer use that old BlackBerry phone sitting at the bottom of your drawer somewhere.

On Tuesday, the company will stop running support for its classic devices running BlackBerry 10, 7.1 OS and earlier. This means all of its older devices not running on Android software will no longer be able to use data, send text messages, access the internet or make calls, even to 911.

While most mobile users have moved on from BlackBerry -- the last version of its operating system launched in 2013 -- the decision to discontinue support for its phones represents the end of what was once considered bleeding-edge technology.

BlackBerry (BB) has been mostly out of the phone business since 2016, but over the years it continued to license its brand to phone manufacturers, including TCL and more recently OnwardMobility, an Austin, Texas-based security startup, for a 5G Blackberry device running on Android software.

BlackBerry's old school cell phones with physical keyboards from the late 1990s and early 2000s were once so popular people nicknamed them "CrackBerries." The devices became a status symbol and fixture for people on Wall Street, celebrities like Kim Kardashian, and even former President Barack Obama, thanks in part to its great reputation for security. At its peak in 2012, BlackBerry had more than 80 million active users.

But Apple's touchscreen revolution with the iPhone in 2007 made BlackBerry's offerings appear lacking. It tried touch screens and slide-out keyboard models, with little success. It developed a few phones with no physical keyboard, but those were missing BlackBerry's key differentiator: its tactile keyboard.
BlackBerry eventually gave up on its own software, embracing Android and layering its security software on top.

Culled: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/04/tech/blackberry-phones-stop-working/index.html

Indeed the scripture is true.

Matthew 24:35 King James Version

Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Every man or woman should be wise and give place to God in their heart and stop chasing ephemerals at the expense of their souls.

“For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, but lose his soul?" -Mark 8:36

This world is indeed temporary:
1John 2:17
And the world passeth away and the lust thereof, but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Gr8lex(m): 9:39am On Jan 06, 2022
lomprico:
I still use my z30
Making this comment with my Q10

3 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ken6488(m): 9:41am On Jan 06, 2022
ruggedtimi:
Someday iphone go shutdown too
it will but not soon iPhone is a mile ahead and a trillion dollar company
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by tiswell(m): 9:42am On Jan 06, 2022
@封 桂
$'"?@
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Benwallt(m): 9:45am On Jan 06, 2022
I saw a guy calling with bb yesterday at a park.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Benwallt(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2022
I saw a guy calling with bb yesterday at a park. It is still working well
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by faceland: 9:49am On Jan 06, 2022
They cheated all those people that ruined their lives to buy a Blackberry back in the days.

Does that means people who bought it as recent as 2014 for 200k would not be able to use their phone. What about the BB plan form our mobile networks?
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Everlastingson: 9:51am On Jan 06, 2022
[quote author=BlackyOne post=109111234]My first dislike for blackberry phones wasn't because of its features or OS nor its design but my first dislike for the blackberry phones was because of Nigerian girls

I remember at the peak of the blackberry wave then in benin city on this eventful day I was going through where all roads converge in benin, popularly called Ring road and I observed that almost all the girls were having/holding blackberry dangling on their left hands while their handbags was hanged on their elbows, and one thought that came to mind was why can't these girls keep the phones inside their bags like normal people do.

Just like today with the iphone we all know how super expensive the blackberry was in it's days of glory and how girls that can't afford to pay rent or buy textbooks in school could magical use the power of clitocurrency to purchase these machines.

But look at blackberry today and how they've been rendered useless like the puna of yester years.
Now iphone is taking it tolls on the puna of young/ill-matured Nigeria girls, what an endless cycle of wasted clitocurrency and old ragged puna.

RIP to the Puna that was scattered, babies born out of wedlock, abortions, STIs and STDs as a result of Blackberry being introduced to Nigerian girls

The Bible tells us that the fashion of this world passes away. As for those girls you talked about, any human that does not know Jesus personally as Lord and Saviour is dead spiritually and can do any evil. Again, everyone should know that the fashion of this world passes away.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by lkillbrokehoes: 9:52am On Jan 06, 2022
Blackberry that people were killing themselves for? in this life, nothing is permanent.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by faceland: 9:52am On Jan 06, 2022
Gr8lex:

Making this comment with my Q10

Now I understand. It must be like Windows 7. You can still use it but Microsoft doesn't support it (in teams of privacy, security, and adapting it to new apps).

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by lkillbrokehoes: 9:54am On Jan 06, 2022
vivaciousvivi:

they are busy trying to hustle for iphones Pro Max dear.
No time grin
You again
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ensamy(m): 9:56am On Jan 06, 2022
Many pretty ladies got HIV , some kidnapped, some died because of wanting to own blackberry shocked Vanity opun vanity, this is the same way iPhone will go in the future.
Only Jesus Christ remain the same yesterday, today and forever. Accept him now and last forever.

4 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Gr8lex(m): 10:01am On Jan 06, 2022
faceland:

Now I understand. It must be like Windows 7. You can still use it but Microsoft doesn't support it (in teams of privacy, security, and adapting it to new apps).
Actually my MTN sim stopped working on it 2 days ago so I tried my airtel sim and I've been using it since then.
I just browse and whatsapp, that's OK for me

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Calicoe: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2022
dedonfranco:
Na wahoo

What about the Girls that lost their virginity because of BlackBerry, They willnt be happy with this News.

They are now collecting tatatatatatatatata in order to get the latest iPhone

3 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by digitite: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2022
There is time for everything, the bible says.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Nobody: 10:15am On Jan 06, 2022
Browsing packages and the messenger is what drove the phone thanks to everyone involved for an excellent phone I brought the models I had were from bottom blue to the right side up

Levels

That year status dey cause fight

iPhone improved on everything it lacked
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Kaido: 10:22am On Jan 06, 2022
greenie77:

What about Guys who got killed or went to prison because of Blackberry, they would not be happy with this news.

Both gender did irrational things because of BlackBerry.
A guy was killed then cuz of Blackberry

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Brushstrokes20: 10:22am On Jan 06, 2022
Rip bb!
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by judedwriter(m): 10:31am On Jan 06, 2022
The blackberry mania was something else those days shocked

It's was like if you don't have one, you don't exist!

O, How things have changed!

God's Word remains forever.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by motionarena: 10:38am On Jan 06, 2022
Chai.
Bold 5 scatter many kpekus
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by DonBenny77(m): 10:41am On Jan 06, 2022
ignis:

Such girls are even married with Children now.
You sure? To marry and stay married these days no easy oh!
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ashawopikin(m): 10:43am On Jan 06, 2022
DonBenny77:

They have upgraded to iphone
gbam
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ashawopikin(m): 10:52am On Jan 06, 2022
I remember dat year wey chinasa dey charge her bb every 3hours for my house, as she dey charge phone, na so me sef dey charge her Kpekus on top bed

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by MartinsD12(m): 10:54am On Jan 06, 2022
vivaciousvivi:
Classic BlackBerry phones stop working today

You can no longer use that old BlackBerry phone sitting at the bottom of your drawer somewhere.

On Tuesday, the company will stop running support for its classic devices running BlackBerry 10, 7.1 OS and earlier. This means all of its older devices not running on Android software will no longer be able to use data, send text messages, access the internet or make calls, even to 911.

While most mobile users have moved on from BlackBerry -- the last version of its operating system launched in 2013 -- the decision to discontinue support for its phones represents the end of what was once considered bleeding-edge technology.

BlackBerry (BB) has been mostly out of the phone business since 2016, but over the years it continued to license its brand to phone manufacturers, including TCL and more recently OnwardMobility, an Austin, Texas-based security startup, for a 5G Blackberry device running on Android software.

BlackBerry's old school cell phones with physical keyboards from the late 1990s and early 2000s were once so popular people nicknamed them "CrackBerries." The devices became a status symbol and fixture for people on Wall Street, celebrities like Kim Kardashian, and even former President Barack Obama, thanks in part to its great reputation for security. At its peak in 2012, BlackBerry had more than 80 million active users.

But Apple's touchscreen revolution with the iPhone in 2007 made BlackBerry's offerings appear lacking. It tried touch screens and slide-out keyboard models, with little success. It developed a few phones with no physical keyboard, but those were missing BlackBerry's key differentiator: its tactile keyboard.
BlackBerry eventually gave up on its own software, embracing Android and layering its security software on top.

Culled: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/04/tech/blackberry-phones-stop-working/index.html
Too bad black Berry killed itself it could have been building android phones
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Nten: 11:02am On Jan 06, 2022
ecomalchemist:
Still got mines with the pack and receipt intact.

Bought from slot in 2010, the bold 4 was my real OG back in the days.

Check back In the next 15 years, its still gonna be intact.
Bros u Sabi keep something like me ooo ...lol

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster / Must Have Apps For Android Phone User / Can I Still Get These Nokia Phones?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.