Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,000 members, 7,828,527 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! (35971 Views)

Is ITEL Now Obsolete? / This Blackberry Phone Is Giving Me Headache-help! / There Is A New Blackberry Phone In Town.. And It Has A Problem..See What We Mean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by DennisEche(m): 9:11am On Jan 06, 2022
smiley
BB that year... may babes pusssy catch fire because of BB.

3 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ikennamadu1(m): 9:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Lalasticlala done push am go front page ... See am for viewer's

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by phemmyfour: 9:12am On Jan 06, 2022
Terrible technology... charging phone every 4hrs

4 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by everythinggirly(f): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2022
We know.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ModelLook(m): 9:13am On Jan 06, 2022
Nairaland people. Join me and thank God o. My Friend just called from the East yesterday evening. He is a Sickle Cell Patient (SS). He just called to tell us that he came back from the Diagnostic Laboratory in the evening and it was confirmed that his Genotype has changed from SS to AA.

He went to 3 Diagnostic Laboratories andit was confirmed that he is now AA.

They have been dancing and rejoicing in their home since 5pm yesterday. I could even hear the jubilation from the background of the phone.

Glory to God o.

6 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by badboyTee(m): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2022
Back then no be this Phone start 3G. I love my bold 5 good old days cheesy

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by bikefab(m): 9:14am On Jan 06, 2022
BlackBerry phones that turned babes to ho's and turned guys into thieves is now out of use? Indeed it's a vain world. Don't kill yourself for any material stuff.

6 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by hopefulLandlord: 9:14am On Jan 06, 2022
ecomalchemist:
Still got mines with the pack and receipt intact.

Bought from slot in 2010, the bold 4 was my real OG back in the days.

Check back In the next 15 years, its still gonna be intact.

why won't it be intact when it's virtually useless
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Adeolaeniola(m): 9:15am On Jan 06, 2022
Kilo gbe wa de abuja black berry- remi aluko... If you know you know
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by lizzypro: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2022
Go Little Rock star

4 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by 6ixT8: 9:15am On Jan 06, 2022
why is this?.

And to think all Nokia products are stilll functioning including the one am using to write this comment.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by adecz: 9:16am On Jan 06, 2022
⏩TV killed radio

⏩Video killed TV

⏩Cable killed video

⏩Internet killed cable

⏩Analog Mobile phone killed landline

⏩Satellite phone killed analog Mobile

⏩ GSM killed satellite phone

⏩ Blackberry killed 1st killed Nokia & Co

⏩iOS & Android killed Blackberry™

⏩What will kill iOS & Android❓❓

Probably 5G Network..

2 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ThankGodFriday(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2022
DonBenny77:

They have upgraded to iphone

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Ausval: 9:16am On Jan 06, 2022
Like for all the virgins Blackberry collect

Share for what IPhone is doing

3 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by mayo47(m): 9:16am On Jan 06, 2022
Innovate or DIE

vivaciousvivi:
Classic BlackBerry phones stop working today

You can no longer use that old BlackBerry phone sitting at the bottom of your drawer somewhere.

On Tuesday, the company will stop running support for its classic devices running BlackBerry 10, 7.1 OS and earlier. This means all of its older devices not running on Android software will no longer be able to use data, send text messages, access the internet or make calls, even to 911.

While most mobile users have moved on from BlackBerry -- the last version of its operating system launched in 2013 -- the decision to discontinue support for its phones represents the end of what was once considered bleeding-edge technology.

BlackBerry (BB) has been mostly out of the phone business since 2016, but over the years it continued to license its brand to phone manufacturers, including TCL and more recently OnwardMobility, an Austin, Texas-based security startup, for a 5G Blackberry device running on Android software.

BlackBerry's old school cell phones with physical keyboards from the late 1990s and early 2000s were once so popular people nicknamed them "CrackBerries." The devices became a status symbol and fixture for people on Wall Street, celebrities like Kim Kardashian, and even former President Barack Obama, thanks in part to its great reputation for security. At its peak in 2012, BlackBerry had more than 80 million active users.

But Apple's touchscreen revolution with the iPhone in 2007 made BlackBerry's offerings appear lacking. It tried touch screens and slide-out keyboard models, with little success. It developed a few phones with no physical keyboard, but those were missing BlackBerry's key differentiator: its tactile keyboard.
BlackBerry eventually gave up on its own software, embracing Android and layering its security software on top.

Culled: https://edition.cnn.com/2022/01/04/tech/blackberry-phones-stop-working/index.html
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ruggedtimi(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2022
Someday iphone go shutdown too
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by hahn(m): 9:17am On Jan 06, 2022
ecomalchemist:

How much did you buy it then?

1 Like

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ShowmeHeaven(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2022
Such is life.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Peter4naz(m): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2022
Ok
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by meobizy(f): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2022
I’m only angry I jumped on the trend late. By the time I joined the bus the hype was dying. This was around 2010 when BBM wasn’t seen as a big thing anymore.

Good riddance. I never knew this day would come. The company had major issues then which foreshadowed this eventual closure. An iPhone (2008) is still very much useful today as well as XpressMusic Nokias, flagship Blackberries are a whole other case.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by jagged44: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2022
ecomalchemist:

Nice antique you got there.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by seyz91(m): 9:19am On Jan 06, 2022
I tell you
Kingjay007:
Times and seasons apply to us all!

Use yours wisely
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Nobody: 9:19am On Jan 06, 2022
Life although I bought mine easily then which was later stolen at work . thinking of the imaginary and crazy things girls did during the rain of this phone some even died all because of mere gadget let's just take life easy.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Zion243(m): 9:20am On Jan 06, 2022
Wasted opportunity!!

Long time vision is a key factor in business development and sustainability.

RIP, Blackberry!!
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by 1950Mack: 9:21am On Jan 06, 2022
Hehehehe...that's what happens when you reject change...you become irrelevant later on grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ignis: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2022
DonBenny77:

They have upgraded to iphone

Such girls are even married with Children now.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by 12345baba(m): 9:22am On Jan 06, 2022
Obsolete like one president in w Africa
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by segtech68: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2022
but it definitely will Tesla phone is coming
RenaissanceGuy:
The saying that change is the only constant thing in life keeps repeating itself over and over again. Android and iOS could become obsolete in the coming years, too.
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by Goldentulip2: 9:22am On Jan 06, 2022
dedonfranco:
Na wahoo

What about the Girls that lost their virginity because of BlackBerry, They willnt be happy with this News.
Some even got pregnant chai
Re: Its Official: That Blackberry Phone Is NOW Obsolete! by ecomalchemist(m): 9:23am On Jan 06, 2022
hahn:

How much did you buy it then?

60 grand.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Buy A Charger That Can Charge Your Phone Faster / Must Have Apps For Android Phone User / Glo Just Made Me Immortal Just To Download An Episode Of A TV Series

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.