Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,741 members, 7,851,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 10:23 PM

Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff (24703 Views)

Sylvester Oromoni: 5 Dowen College Students Granted Bail / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died / COVID-19: 181 Students, Staff Test Positive In Private Boarding School - Abayomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by mapet: 7:33am On Jan 06, 2022
wirinet:

Where is the toxicology report? What was the substance that was reported to be in the stomach by the pathologists?
"Septicaemia, Lobar Pneumonia with Acute Pyelonephritis, Pyomyositis of the right ankle and Acute Bacteria Pneumonia due to severe Sepsis" has nothing to do with toxicology.

I don't know if you cannot read well or you just want to be cheeky. The statement has

According to the advice, the interim and final autopsy reports issued by the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital and toxicology report of postMortem samples and that of the Central Hospital, Warri were in agreement as to the cause of death namely: Septicaemia, Lobar Pneumonia with Acute Pyelonephritis, Pyomyositis of the right ankle and Acute Bacteria Pneumonia due to severe Sepsis.

The report further stated that

The result of the toxicology is also not indicative of any toxic or poisonous substance in the body of the deceased.

So what are you on about?

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by mapet: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2022
Goodnone25:
guy can you shut up and don't comment, sometime they cover up and put lie to the public, you are now saying what did they cover, because you ate not in nigeria or you are related to the culprit, please shut up.

I should shut up and don't comment? Except you're deranged or frustrated, I wonder in what guise you made that statement. I know you struggle with intellectual engagement but if you cannot stand the "heat", miss me.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by PoliteActivist: 7:42am On Jan 06, 2022
mapet:

1. You see this emotionally laden threats and blackmail is useless.
2. How can the father "narrate autopsy"? Autopsy is a post mortem examination and not what a "father narrates". It is standard that the report of a Post-Mortem examination is what is legally relied upon even in court
3. Yes the father and students made statements (note I am not trying to invalidate their statements). What is obvious according to the report is that the evidence of their statement does not show up in the Autopsy & Toxicology report. The court cannot rely on hearsay. It has to be evidence based.

You cannot force emotions into an evidence based report.

I don't know where you are based, but you sound like someone who has lost touch with what Nigeria is like on the ground. But even so, you must have some common sense. Here are elements of the saga:
1)Students who witnessed the beating and have no motive to lie were wrong
2)The dying boy who had no reason to lie and collaborated their story, he was wrong
3) The boy's father was wrong

The only right thing is that he was never beaten and there was no trace of chemical in his body. And you believe that, genius?
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by edimaan: 7:45am On Jan 06, 2022
wirinet:

This new report of "Septicaemia, Lobar Pneumonia with Acute Pyelonephritis, Pyomyositis of the right ankle and Acute Bacteria Pneumonia due to severe Sepsis." Did not align with the autopsy report both from warri and Lagos. There was never anything about bacteria infections on the lungs or ankle in the initial autopsy.

The Warri final Toxicology report aligns with the Lagos Autopsy report.

The scan result done by the parents at a diagnostic centre in Warri on the 29th November revealed the boy had HEPATOMEGLAY possible due to ACUTE VIRAL HEPATITIS.

The Toxicology report in Warri dated 30th December, 2021, says the cause of the death is "ACUTE BACTERIA PNEUMONIA DUE TO SEVERE SEPSIS".

Check the report in the attached pictures below.

You can read the full report published by Punch here: https://punchng.com/just-in-oromonis-death-lagos-exonerates-dowen-college-students-officials/

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by wirinet(m): 10:05am On Jan 06, 2022
mapet:

I don't know if you cannot read well or you just want to be cheeky. The statement has
I am being logical not cheeky. I follow issues in a logical sequence. I hate the habit of picking reports or stories that align with your biases and jettisson any report that contradicts it.

The first autopsy carried out in Warri on the thirtieth day of November reported
1. Scalded upper lip
2. Bruised flanks/back
3. Acute gastric erosion
4. Acute lung injury
5. Cerebral oedema with raised intra cranial pressure
6. Large enlarged liver

Cerebral oedema, Bruised flanks/back and Acute lung injury are evidence of severe beatings.

Acute gastric erosion and Large enlarged liver are evidence of chemical injestion.

These align with the initial report of bullying.

That autopsy concluded the cause of death to be ACUTE LUNG INJURY due to CHEMICAL INTOXICATION in the background of BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA

Why did you and the Lagos State Government disregard this report.

Furthermore, there was no evidence of "Acute Bacteria Pneumonia" when the lung was cut in this report.

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by Goodnone25: 10:10am On Jan 06, 2022
mapet:

I should shut up and don't comment? Except you're deranged or frustrated, I wonder in what guise you made that statement. I know you struggle with intellectual engagement but if you cannot stand the "heat", miss me.
are you mad or sick in the head, you are talking nonsense in the post, you must be very very deranged and stupid for this statement, if you ever in your life talk that, I will deal with you, you must be sick in your brain, maybe you are related to the culprit family, foolish idiot.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by mapet: 11:41am On Jan 06, 2022
wirinet:

I am being logical not cheeky. I follow issues in a logical sequence. I hate the habit of picking reports or stories that align with your biases and jettisson any report that contradicts it.

The first autopsy carried out in Warri on the thirtieth day of November reported
1. Scalded upper lip
2. Bruised flanks/back
3. Acute gastric erosion
4. Acute lung injury
5. Cerebral oedema with raised intra cranial pressure
6. Large enlarged liver

Cerebral oedema, Bruised flanks/back and Acute lung injury are evidence of severe beatings.

Acute gastric erosion and Large enlarged liver are evidence of chemical injestion.

These align with the initial report of bullying.

That autopsy concluded the cause of death to be ACUTE LUNG INJURY due to CHEMICAL INTOXICATION in the background of BLUNT FORCE TRAUMA

Why did you and the Lagos State Government disregard this report.

Furthermore, there was no evidence of "Acute Bacteria Pneumonia" when the lung was cut in this report.

1. Well I must have misjudged you from some irrational irritants on this issue. My apologies
2. The Lagos state report says
According to the advice, the interim and final autopsy reports issued by the Lagos State University Teaching Hospital and toxicology report of postMortem samples and that of the Central Hospital, Warri were in agreement as to the cause of death namely: Septicaemia, Lobar Pneumonia with Acute Pyelonephritis, Pyomyositis of the right ankle and Acute Bacteria Pneumonia due to severe Sepsis
I guess the gap in these contrary positions ("your report" and the ChannelsTV report) is to confirm the position of the Warri report. I will imagine if there may need to be a rebuttal from the Warri hospital. The family are also within their right to go to courts with both contrary reports

Ps: A caveat for me though. Can you share the link to the source of the report you posted here? We need to be sure it's authentic and from the hospital

1 Like

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by mapet: 11:43am On Jan 06, 2022
PoliteActivist:

I don't know where you are based, but you sound like someone who has lost touch with what Nigeria is like on the ground. But even so, you must have some common sense. Here are elements of the saga:
1)Students who witnessed the beating and have no motive to lie were wrong
2)The dying boy who had no reason to lie and collaborated their story, he was wrong
3) The boy's father was wrong

The only right thing is that he was never beaten and there was no trace of chemical in his body. And you believe that, genius?

If I an Autopsy & Toxicology report evidence this, by all mean I will believe
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by mapet: 11:44am On Jan 06, 2022
Goodnone25:
are you mad or sick in the head, you are talking nonsense in the post, you must be very very deranged and stupid for this statement, if you ever in your life talk that, I will deal with you, you must be sick in your brain, maybe you are related to the culprit family, foolish idiot.

You will deal with me? grin grin grin
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by wirinet(m): 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2022
mapet:

1. Well I must have misjudged you from some irrational irritants on this issue. My apologies
2. The Lagos state report says

I guess the gap in these contrary positions ("your report" and the ChannelsTV report) is to confirm the position of the Warri report. I will imagine if there may need to be a rebuttal from the Warri hospital. The family are also within their right to go to courts with both contrary reports

Ps: A caveat for me though. Can you share the link to the source of the report you posted here? We need to be sure it's authentic and from the hospital

https://igberetvnews.com/1411060/dowen-college-police-statement-released-autopsy-result-sylvester-oromoni/#forward

It was obvious the police and the Lagos State Government were in haste to clear Dowen College, the implicated staffs and the accused students. The police had already granted bail to the affected students (note murder is no a bailable offense).

The Lagos State Government likewise was in haste to open the college in time for the new term.

Read further here - https://www.vanguardngr.com/2022/01/oromoni-pathologist-report-says-chemical-intoxication-caused-death/amp/
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by wirinet(m): 2:56pm On Jan 06, 2022
mapet:

If I an Autopsy & Toxicology report evidence this, by all mean I will believe

We are yet to see the toxicology report before the police and Lagos State Government exonerate everyone involved. We have not even seen the Pathological report from Lagos State University Teaching Hospital and that of Warri Central Hospital. What we have seen is a statement of conclusion stating cause of death to be Septicaemia, Lobar Pneumonia with Acute Pyelonephritis, Pyomyositis of the right ankle and Acute Bacteria Pneumonia due to severe Sepsis.

Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by Kilef05: 11:59pm On Jan 06, 2022
Seun:
I watched many upsetting videos in which the boy's parents tortured their son out of ignorance, but I managed to miss that one. It's so sad.

Seun, I sent you a PM. Pls check and let me know if it will work. Thanks
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by Winnerly: 2:46pm On Jan 07, 2022
Seun:
I watched many upsetting videos in which the boy's parents tortured their son out of ignorance, but I managed to miss that one. It's so sad.

Hi Seun. I mentioned you in my thread please. This is the wrong thread but i’m unable to send a pm.

When i click change email, i keep getting an error 404 message. I’ve spoken to some mods but they seem to be unable to help.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by SatanTheDeviLL: 5:41am On Jan 08, 2022
Winnerly:

Hi Sen. I mentioned you in my thread please. This is the wrong thread but i’m unable to send a pm.
I AM.AN ARMED ROBBER AND MY FRIENDS CHIBUDOLLAR AND BIGCOWHORN ARE CHILD MOLESTERS AND HOMOSEXUALS RESPECTIVELY.
Re: Sylvester Oromoni: Lagos Government Clears 5 Dowen College Students, Staff by DUNKA(m): 6:38am On Jan 11, 2022
Seun:
Please save the property section from scammers and ineffective moderators

https://www.nairaland.com/2550211/general-topic-thread-to-discuss-anything/2710#109263305

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

ASUU Divided Over Strike Suspension, Holds NEC Meeting / University Of Ibadan Non-Academic Staff Celebrate Exit Of Bursar / ANSU Shuts Down Indefinitely, After Graduate Was Tortured To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.