Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,818 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like (71359 Views)

Charlyboy: Buhari Will Look Like A Saint If Tinubu Or Atiku Becomes President / Pictures Of How The Yaba Transport Exchange Will Look When Completed / See How Many States PDP Now Controls, Including Zamfara State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by mediainc: 11:12am On Jan 06, 2022
lexy2014:

Can u show me the argument u are referring to? Meanwhile, u haven't answered my questions:

How is the presidents primary responsibility security and federal infrastructure alone? Is that what the constitution says?
You seem quite slow, please read my earlier response or move along... don't embarrass yourself on social media...make I break your head open put my wordings? grin

Go do further research, you will get your answers if you don't agree with what I stated earlier. Peace.

1 Like

Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by dallyemmy: 11:12am On Jan 06, 2022
There is corruption in any country you go to Bigredmachine...If an incorruptible leader does not know what to do he will still make a mess of everything. Nigeria looks like Nigerians mindsets...both the leaders and the followers...

As a man thinks so he is...serious national reorientation is required!
Bigredmachine:
No corruption is not the reason why we don't have cities like these in Nigeria...

It's our mindset and the way we think...

The countries that harbor this cities whose image u displayed here are corrupt if not more corrupt than Nigeria

From the poor to the rich, our way of thinking is very very bad
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by DabuIIIT: 11:13am On Jan 06, 2022
wiseone28:
Take responsibility stop blaming another person
For youysisters,no problem
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by nnofaith: 11:14am On Jan 06, 2022
The major problem Nigeria has his low level of productivity! Our cities cannot be like that because of the low level of economic activities. A city like shanghai for example has GDP greater than the whole of Nigeria' GDP.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Nobody: 11:15am On Jan 06, 2022
Bigredmachine:
No corruption is not the reason why we don't have cities like these in Nigeria...

The countries that harbor this cities whose image u displayed here are corrupt if not more corrupt than Nigeria

First,we don't think the same way.....as we don't have exactly the same brain and issues.

Also, corruption is relevant.... though it doesn't mean everyone is always lying...

Lastly, the cost of running for public posts and governance doesn't help the Nigerian economy.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by afadi2410: 11:18am On Jan 06, 2022
Calebility:
Let's start with the citizens first.

You see those civil servants in government parastatal, as they grow in level corruption also grows with them.
Saw a thread of how people were given photocopies of NIN slip instead of the original.

And you still believe people are given photocopies of NIN slip?Not everything you read on Nairaland you should take in hook line and sinker.

1 Like

Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by NEROSKY(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2022
Bigredmachine:

You lie, let's start with Rwanda
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by lexy2014: 11:19am On Jan 06, 2022
mediainc:

You seem quite slow, please read my earlier response or move along... don't embarrass yourself on social media...make I break your head open put my wordings? grin

Go do further research, you will get your answers if you don't agree with what I stated earlier. Peace.

Can u show me the argument u are referring to? Meanwhile, u haven't answered my questions. Since u have researched, answering my questions shouldn't be a challenge for u:

How is the presidents PRIMARY responsibility security and federal infrastructure alone? Is that what the constitution says?
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by KingGBsky(m): 11:19am On Jan 06, 2022
Bigredmachine:

Which stupid way of thinking?
Corruption is the only reason why Africa are where they are. Corruption and non-accountability
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by maldino: 11:20am On Jan 06, 2022
You are so correct...even more than that.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by lexy2014: 11:21am On Jan 06, 2022
nnofaith:
The major problem Nigeria has his low level of productivity! Our cities cannot be like that because of the low level of economic activities. A city like shanghai for example has GDP greater than the whole of Nigeria' GDP.

Why is it so?
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Nobody: 11:22am On Jan 06, 2022
Unfortunately no where in Nigeria looks like this

1 Like

Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by KingGBsky(m): 11:23am On Jan 06, 2022
God1000:
we are all responsible for our woes, I know so many people in my place of work that borrow money online from different loan apps with the intention of not returning it back, we have too many depraved and deplorable people in Nigeria.

A nation is ruled and governed by government. When a law is put in place and enforced, corruption and nepotism can never be found, but in Nigeria the rich bend the law everyday. The same law applicable to the poor is not to the rich so that’s where the problem lies. Corruption. Nigerian citizens keep breaking the law because they know their way around it. That’s why the system is corrupt. The Nigeria government will refuse to stop corruption because they benefit from it.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Wiifesnatcher(m): 11:24am On Jan 06, 2022
with Northern Nigeria domineering Nigeria political space? is not going to happen even southern President can do what Buhari is doing freely without these people making noise, they believe their population that's only a mechanism of electioneering matters in political decision, development and progress
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by kay29000(m): 11:28am On Jan 06, 2022
ablejesus26:
Corruption from all quaters.
Funny enough,the people have gotten used to being corrupt.
If you see money wey no be your own come return am to the owner,you be the biggest fool for most Nigerians mind

Exactly! But they will be the same ones abusing politicians and government officials every day, but they have the same mindset as the people they are abusing, they just have same opportunity.... And if given the same opportunities, they will be as bad as the people they are abusing.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by DaveHarry(m): 11:29am On Jan 06, 2022
Corruption is not the problem. Nigerians that love taking advantage of each other at the slightest of opportunity. Leave matter for Mathias!
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Bastard1stborn: 11:30am On Jan 06, 2022
lastchild:
so what point are you making?

That our way of thinking stole the money meant for development, not corruption?

Lastchild with last brain
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Brownshoe: 11:32am On Jan 06, 2022
We never even see corruption, let this generation get there.

1 Like

Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by abumeinben(m): 11:33am On Jan 06, 2022
Bigredmachine:

You're not totally wrong bruh, but their corruption level isn't "fantastic". I wouldn't accept that they were so corrupt when these infrastructure were planted.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Lawalemi(m): 11:35am On Jan 06, 2022
How will you have traffic on this kind of multiple roads

1 Like

Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by mediainc: 11:35am On Jan 06, 2022
lexy2014:

Can u show me the argument u are referring to? Meanwhile, u haven't answered my questions. Since u have researched, answering my questions shouldn't be a challenge for u:

How is the presidents PRIMARY responsibility security and federal infrastructure alone? Is that what the constitution says?
Educate yourself before you make arguments online, your IQ is very low, people like you need whole pages to grasp answers, enlighten yourself, don't take pride in being dumb. I don't debate with dull people cos I gain nothing. Keep waiting for Buhari to take you out of your blindness and ignorance.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Oyiboman69: 11:36am On Jan 06, 2022
Bigredmachine:

Mtceew....
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by everyevery: 11:36am On Jan 06, 2022
Corruption is not the problem, poverty is the problem. We are poor claiming we are rich. Our entire budget as a country is a little bit higher than the budget of California, poor country
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Ubanz: 11:37am On Jan 06, 2022
Bigredmachine:

Mindset and the way one thinks is still corruption.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by MissionaryArchi(m): 11:39am On Jan 06, 2022
michlins:
have[b] you guys seen what is happening at Wall Street and the London stock exchange[/b]

You guys want to hear bad news about Nigeria always. The enablers of corruption are the people who are worse.

If you save money for thieves or buy stolen items, you are worse than the thief.

Nigeria leaders are just very stupid. Look at APC, they got into power and spent years blaming PDP instead of doing something they were voted for. That's the incapacity of Nigeria politicians. It has nothing to do with corruption. Stealing is the oldest job on earth and it's not going to stop. Having a work around is the solution to the problem.

If nothing else is evidence, APC taking power and doing nothing is all the evidence that we need to know that incapacity is the problem with Nigeria.

Shey like this they're collecting loans without reading the "sovereignty clause" in it. And it's not like they are investing in projects that are capable of paying off the loans.

Baba you talk sense here ooo. Anybody arguing with you is just ignorant and naive
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by nnofaith: 11:41am On Jan 06, 2022
lexy2014:

Why is it so?
We have not made conscious efforts to make it different. Development don't just happen, it takes a lot of sweat and blood.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Johel(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2022
Bigredmachine:

You are correct....it's about the mentality truly...Nigerian mentality can't take man that far except one thinks outside the box in love and Honesty.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by GreatrAnalyst: 11:42am On Jan 06, 2022
michlins:
Corruption isn't the reason Nigeria is poor and underdeveloped.

Our leaders don't have leadership capacity. No country is as corrupt as the United Kingdom or USA plus Switzerland in that order

I think this is out of order.
Leaders emerge from among people of the land/state/country. So if Nigeria can't have a leaders with great capacity in place, then blame the society at large. An average Nigerian way of thinking is wobbly erroneous. Almost everyone wants to live at the expense of another. So where will great leaders come from?

No country on earth is faultless but while you say those countries you mentioned are the the most corrupt, possibly you need to define your meaning of 'corrupt'. I am not saying they are perfect but those you mentioned don't make budget and yet fail to execute the budgetary plans; they don't use their laws to oppress contrary voices but exonerate the powerful yet guilty citizens; they don't gag the press and disrespect human right fundamentals, so what is corruption again?

Do you watch corruption index report of countries on a yearly basis compiled by nongovernmental bodies which can't be influenced by any countries or powers that be?

So if corruption and depraved societal values didn't bring Nigeria to where it is, what did?
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Idiko1: 11:45am On Jan 06, 2022
"If not for the corruption,......." Well, it takes more than the absence of corruption to build a progressive society. If Nigerians do not have what it takes to subdue corruption, the idea of building a progressive society is pipedream. Nigeria is not configured for such growth.
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by FullBlastLight: 11:47am On Jan 06, 2022
Calebility:
Let's start with the citizens first.

You see those civil servants in government parastatal, as they grow in level corruption also grows with them.
Saw a thread of how people were given photocopies of NIN slip instead of the original.

Forget it!

U can't start frm d citizens & get any meaningful results!

U can only start frm d leaders who are in direct control of d nation's govt & resources!

They'll hv 2 necessarily lead by pragmatic examples 4 d citizens 2 follow!

1 Like

Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Xclusivedaniel6(m): 11:48am On Jan 06, 2022
No mind ham
lexy2014:

The guy is just being fancy as if corruption isn't a product of mindset and mentality
Re: If Not For Corruption, This Is How So Many States In Nigeria Will Look Like by Shakur86(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2022
Will naija ever be as beautiful as this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate / 2023: Someone Who Claimed He Lost His Wealth Under Abacha Now Owns Planes – Obi / GEJ Still Flies Presidential Jets?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.