Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,965 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:45 AM

Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate (71352 Views)

Atiku Woos Godwin Obaseki To Join PDP / Atiku Woos Theresa May, Sells Agenda To Britain / Atiku Woos Osun PDP Delegates For Presidential Primary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Ecstasy154(m): 2:21pm On Oct 07, 2018
He is only a few minutes into his emergence as presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the 2019 general election, but former Vcer President Atiku Abubakar is already setting about the business of wooing both his friends and enemies, all in a bid to bolster his arsenal ahead of the battle ahead.

While delivering his acceptance speech after he was officially declared winner of the primary with 1,532 votes to Aminu Tambuwal's 693, Atiku thanked former President Olusegun Obasanjo for picking him as his Vice President in 1999, saying without this, he could never have become the PDP presidential candidate today.

Atiku's words were clearly to woo his ex-boss, who has minced no words in saying he would never support Atiku to become President.

Only two months ago, Obasanjo had said: “How can I be on the same side with Atiku? To do what?

“If I support Atiku for anything, God will not forgive me. If I do not know, yes. But once I know, Atiku can never enjoy my support. I do not have personal grudges with anyone. If you do not do well for Nigeria, you do not do well for all of us.

“It is not a question of working with or not working with an individual,” he said. “If you are working for the good of Nigeria, I am working with you. If you are not working for the good of Nigeria it does not matter who you are I am not working with you.”

Despite having knowledge of Obasanjo's perception of him, Atiku said on Sunday while accepting to be PDP candidate: "Finally, on a personal note, I wouldn't have been standing where I am today if my former boss, President Olusegun Obasanjo, had not made me his Vice President.

"Under his tutelage, I learnt quite a lot, and I believe the experience I have got is going to impact on how I eventually govern this country. I wish to pay my personal tribute to him."

It remains to be seen if Atiku's latest charm offensive would convince Obasanjo to pipe down on his aversion to the presidential ambition of his one-time deputy.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/10/07/breaking-atiku-woos-obasanjo-minutes-after-becoming-pdps-presidential-candidate

58 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by CilicMarin: 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
Buhari will trash this corrupt old man like can!

162 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by JoanHicks(f): 2:30pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nice move

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by gentleguy1975: 2:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
Does he need Obj to win?any he can't even win

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by gentleguy1975: 2:33pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
choice! has gej joined APC?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by hammer6F: 2:34pm On Oct 07, 2018
PLS NIGERIANS, LET US PEACEFULLY SEND THE BOKO HARAM HERDSMEN IN ASO ROCK, BACK TO HIS COWS IN DAURA.

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by techstack: 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
OBJ vs Atiku

OBJ will never agree with Atiku

I like the sportsmanship spirit from Atiku though

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by saintade01(m): 2:36pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
This your picture of Jonathan shouting Sai Buhari always got me laughing whenever I sight it grin grin grin grin grin
It makes him look like.... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed before they come for me o grin grin grin

45 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Omololu001: 2:51pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
this is no more 2014 o, buhari and gej are the same

23 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by miqos02(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
Lol

1 Like

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Thisis2raw(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
I see no mockery in his speech...
Just fact.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by donogaga(m): 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
One of the greatest lessons of social media is that likes, comments and banters don't win elections...

If it was only Twitter...

Uncle Saraki would have won the polls as he and his #GrowNigeria trended day and night...

And his media team were top notch.

In real life however.... He was not close to the 1st or 2nd...

Social media Sha

147 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by hucienda: 2:55pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku knows what's up.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by colossus91(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
eheheh
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Riversides2003(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obasanjo is still quite bitter because Atiku foiled his selfish 3rd term bid, he should forget and forge ahead let’s come together and fight this hydra headed monster called Buhari. #backtodaura2019.

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Thisis2raw(m): 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
and Buhari is not corrupt ba??
The man isn't even the president yet and you Wan to die. Wait you will hear about the corrupt practices of Buhari and his cohorts when this man takes office

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by BubuZombi: 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
Nice one Atiku.

Were are the doomed Saraki's boys,
Is too early to hibernate. grin

Kwara will also reject him at General Election.

14 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by KanwuliaMama: 2:56pm On Oct 07, 2018
Good move!
Time to gather ALL!
Make peace with all enemies.

What a WISE MAN! kiss

2 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Benekruku(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
Obasanjo that has no political relevance as of date

He cant even get Atiku Ogun state

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by abbakin: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
K
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Fabolousibk1(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
Congrats Atiku...let's join hands to vote Atiku come 2019
Atikulated... Yes we can
Jaaruma is already celebrating this on instagram by giving people 20k each grin
Meanwhile My friend want me to borrow him money

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Chisaedhor: 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
grin
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by canalily(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
You never win president you come de wooo me! Make you win first.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by irepnaija4eva(m): 2:57pm On Oct 07, 2018
NICE way to go ATIKU grin cheesy grin

You need all allies and enemies alike
With the sole objective,To drive away that lifeless dullard in Aso rock.

All hands on deck.

4 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by moscobabs(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
H
Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by idamokoemmanuel(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
CilicMarin:
make proper use of your brain for once.

10 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by slimfit1(m): 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
Very smart move by Atiku give him power and see .

9 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by cribby: 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
Atiku it is. Let God arise and Buhari's administration end

9 Likes

Re: Atiku Woos Obasanjo Minutes After Becoming PDP's Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 07, 2018
grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Speaks On Decamping From PDP To APGA / How Many Kobo Makes 1naira / Fayose Vs Buhari; Ekiti State Governor Takes Another Shot At GMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.