Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,540 members, 7,827,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated (40101 Views)

Food Union Employers To Relocate Factories Over Outrageous Excise Duty, Taxation / Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / Alcohol Consumers, Smokers To Pay More As Federal Govt Raises Excise Duty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by bizhop01: 12:05am On Jan 06, 2022
Company loss nothing more tax lead to price increase,
hardship back to back.

1 Like

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by grandstar(m): 12:12am On Jan 06, 2022
I am not an Economist but I know this stinks.

VAT is business friendly as there is VAT deductibility. For instance, if I am a tourist in England and I purchase a pair of jeans with my card, I can demand the VAT deducted as I'm neither a British citizen nor resident there.

There's no such benefit with excise duty. The only reason government has chosen this route is that the tax is easy to collect. Manufacturers have always hated this tax as makes them uncompetitive. I prefer its called a sin tax. My worry is that excise duty will be put on all consumer goods.

The desperation of this economically inept government to prudently manage resources have forced them to seek means possible to raise revenue, some with adverse consequences.

3 Likes

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by mkoabiola: 12:13am On Jan 06, 2022
Wetin remain again
Last minute looting

1 Like

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Dybala11(m): 12:13am On Jan 06, 2022
If the price is increased beyond acceptable/reasonable level make dem dey hold their Sugar-coated drinks then, Agua all the way. grin
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by DabuIIIT: 12:16am On Jan 06, 2022
Amotolongbo:
But Nigerians have a very thick skin o.
Nigerians being able to survive under this Buhari regime needs being studied by Ivy League schools researchers
Not so..it's ain't no dammm thick skin,it's fear and stupidity and zmbiesm..
These same Nigerians never gave Ngozi okonjo iweala a breathing space when she was finance minister. They were on the neck of Stella Oduah minister of Aviation for buying bullet proof cars! They were on the neck of the late Azazi,then NSA over insecurity till Gej sacked both of them.
But today,these same don't even know who the current NSA is,they not calling him out! They don't care whatever Zainab does...gudnite jare

3 Likes

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by emmykk(m): 12:22am On Jan 06, 2022
RiceProducers:
Very good tax. Carbonated drinks are poisons

They are not,your brain uses glucose which is sugar.they are only poisonous when you take them every day and your body activities is not high.

2 Likes

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by blowjohn(m): 12:24am On Jan 06, 2022
That's good.
Too many obese ladies ordering coke and fanta up and down like it's keke napep.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by MsFaith: 12:27am On Jan 06, 2022
kingphilip:
Nigeria when?

Wetin lazy people like us wey no de like cook de use hold body?

Well na to de use groundnut chop bread be that now.

And e sweet o
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Eboski(m): 12:27am On Jan 06, 2022
drinks would discourage excessive consumption of sugar beverages which contributes to diabetes, obesity among others.

That is their reasons for imposing task on soft drinks, very foolish people and the money will still not show in our economy

2 Likes

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Akaegwu(m): 12:33am On Jan 06, 2022
I pity my yoruba friend wey dey use Pepsi orobo download his breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Brushstrokes20: 12:41am On Jan 06, 2022
By the time the lifeless vegetable is done with the shithole, Somalia will be a choice destination to Nigerians! angry

Satanic govt of self serving THIEVES AND BLOODTHIRSTY TERRORISTS undecided
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Brushstrokes20: 12:50am On Jan 06, 2022
If buhari were God, Nigerians will PAY PER SECONDS FOR THE AIR THEY BREATHE!
Such a satanic, sadistic scum undecided
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by richmanrichard: 1:02am On Jan 06, 2022
longview007:
Please, don't be offended my ppl for asking the question at the wrong topic.

Pls, why is Hakim Ziyech not included in Moroccan team for Africa Cup of nation.

I can see him playing in Chelsea's match today.
he n d coach are having problems.he is actully one of morroco bst player.he missd a national duty due to not to aggravate a shoulder injury n d coach critized him 4 lack of commitment n he fired back.that was it
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Kylce042(m): 1:12am On Jan 06, 2022
dre11:
Coke, Fanta prices to increase as FG imposes N10/litre excise duty on carbonated drinks

https://www.thecable.ng/coke-fanta-prices-to-increase-as-fg-imposes-n10-litre-excise-duty-on-carbonated-drinks/amp

This government will one day impose one thing even on the air we breathe. Someday these Egyptians will be no more.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by nnamdi640: 1:25am On Jan 06, 2022
AntiBeEmCe:
Hehe. Satan is sitting comfortably in Aso Rock. To everybody who voted this disaster into office...may you suffer twice what the others have to suffer because of ur poor judgement and lack of sense.
Amen. Those people don't deserve mercy.

1 Like

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by goodheart01: 1:29am On Jan 06, 2022
Amotolongbo:
But Nigerians have a very thick skin o.
Nigerians being able to survive under this Buhari regime needs being studied by Ivy League schools researchers

Honestly. A mass protest or revolution should be looming by now, but how Nigerians adapt is amazing
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by goodheart01: 1:32am On Jan 06, 2022
can u see what your darling daddy is doing?? Maybe he's high on excess vulture meat.

Pls NLPoliceWoman needs to see this too
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Yankee101: 1:58am On Jan 06, 2022
Buy natural fruits and squeeze and drink

Think of this as a favour

They are some of the most unhealthiest drinks out there
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by IPIGSRHYPO: 2:13am On Jan 06, 2022
rollywise:

Yet they are coping just fine. Did you bother to know how? The government gives back to the people and the economy. Over there paying taxes worth it cuz you see your tax directly at work. The economy is that good that I can work three jobs a week and I get paid per hour. What does your country have to offer me? Or do you wanna see my or head tax? What do I get in return?

I don't need to work 2 jobs to make a decent living or.pay taxes out of my ass. I pay way more taxes than the average American.
Don't preach to me. The average Nigerian does not pay the kind of taxes that are paid here.
The average American sees paying taxes as an honor and national duty. The average Nigerian sees evading taxes and any govt duty as a badge of honor.
Even a Nigerian stealing public money is still not interested his fellow citizens, greedy, selfish and care about self only.
People will gladly pay more taxes in the west to have a better school or public water/transportation.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by jimcaddy(m): 2:21am On Jan 06, 2022
You see we all thought the government of former president Goodluck Jonathan was clueless. I really sincerely apologize to Jonathan. You see this government of Muhammadu Buhari is the worst government we've ever witnessed in a long time. Even Obasanjo's government wasn't this bad. The Federal government is so clueless and desperately looking for money at all cost, by whatever means possible to keep on funding the ever expensive and lavish lifestyles of our useless politicians by adding more pain and more sorrow to the already impoverished citizens. Oil is no more selling, the government is absolutely clueless. Now it's to tax anything and everything taxable. Very soon, they will be taxing the ground we walk on and the beds we sleep on. Even the water we drink will be taxed. Yet you don't want people to steal. You don't want people to do fraud. How can someone survive on a salary of 100k in this Nigeria. You pay rent, you pay nepa, pay gas, pay for food. Like this country is going from bad to worse. Yet to see the 100k job be like you looking for a needle in a haystack. I regret being born a Nigerian.

1 Like

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Weezy463: 2:35am On Jan 06, 2022
Buhari is just stepping up the Nigerian Revolution,just like when the british were colonizing America.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by davidque: 2:38am On Jan 06, 2022
Fantastic! More reason to stop drinking it
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by AntiBeEmCe(m): 3:06am On Jan 06, 2022
backbencher:

Is Satan also sitting in Mexico, France, the US, Australia, the UK, India, etc...where such taxes exist? or in the WHO who recommends such taxes.

We should all blast Bubu for being a bad leader, but not the few times when he does do the right thing.

And what right thing has he ever done from the tym he was head of state in 1984 to now that he's president?

People like you always defend n0nsense, comparing nigeria With Countries where their economies are working perfectly fine.

Does France or US collect those said taxes only to loot and reloot them the way nigeria is doing?

Where's all the VAT, taxes and loans going to?

Amazon and AliExpress would be 6% taxes also, courtesy of Buhari govt...but will the companies actually be d ones paying those taxes? No. They'd simply add those charges to customers’ bills during checkout..

Same with the taxes they're charging Facebook and other platforms for Nigerians business owners running ads. How many ways can a govt fold/bend its citizens b4 they break?

And yet, all ds monies are going straight into the pockets of few people...and you say Buhari is doing smtin right?

Abeg leave ur sentiments and speak d truth when you see it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by redsun(m): 3:26am On Jan 06, 2022
Less blood poisoning, less obesity and fewer diabetics. However, it will mean more unaccounted money for rogue tax collectors like Tinubu, customs and internal revenue.
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by Miller232: 4:00am On Jan 06, 2022
Yet that man that his head is filled with cow dung sitting in ABJ is calling PDP failure
What are you?? Mass failure
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by lexy2014: 4:21am On Jan 06, 2022
RiceProducers:
Very good tax. Carbonated drinks are poisons

where you forced to drink the poison?
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by lexy2014: 4:25am On Jan 06, 2022
dre11:
Coke, Fanta prices to increase as FG imposes N10/litre excise duty on carbonated drinks

https://www.thecable.ng/coke-fanta-prices-to-increase-as-fg-imposes-n10-litre-excise-duty-on-carbonated-drinks/amp

theraregem1 okefranci nonpartisan1 buckeyemedia1 Nigerialabalaba shooyie benuejosh blackpanda vedaxcool lovenorth officialgarri seunmsg nonpartisan1 NGpatriot presidency freestuffsng rexwalters1 lordviccodaguru passingshot osibajo2023...

here we go again. what exactly are nigerians gaining from buhari and osinbajo?
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by JustforMen: 4:26am On Jan 06, 2022
backbencher:
Good idea

Wonder why government didn't think of it in the first place.

And yes, that's how a lot of sane countries...like the UK and US for example, raise money...by taxing soft drinks

But the man here is not sane!
Re: Coke, Fanta Prices To Increase As FG Imposes N10/litre Excise Duty On Carbonated by cejaypriesty(m): 4:42am On Jan 06, 2022
kingphilip:
Nigeria when?

Wetin lazy people like us wey no de like cook de use hold body?

Well na to de use groundnut chop bread be that now.
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Man Tries To Commit Suicide In Banking Hall After Fraudsters Withdrew His Money / Ten (10) Ways One Can Remain Poor In Life / Naira Exchange Rates Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.