Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:13 AM

You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? (2531 Views)

10 Things All Nigerians Wishing To Travel Overseas Must Know / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo) / **top Ten Items You Must Bring With You To Naija** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 9:18pm On Jun 17, 2011
WHEN YOU ARE NOT!!!

You are just an ordinary American or German citizen or even a struggling or worst still, broke guy next door sharing a room with 3 other naija men in some city in Spain since you can not afford to pay for an apartment by yourself, so why do you go to Naija and try and behave like a movie star??

You did not have money to pay for your rent or phone bill for the 2months you will be gone so you will have to go live in a shelter when you come back yet you sent a $15,000 Jeep home to ride there for the 6weeks you will be there and show off, why??

Why do you live in a flat with 5boys in Europe and have a 4Flat house in Lagos??
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Bams123(f): 9:21pm On Jun 17, 2011
This is actually quite funny, because this is what a majority of both Nigerian guys and men do!!
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 9:22pm On Jun 17, 2011
Will u stop shoutin
u makin a hell of noise
y nt cm 2 naija n do same since its bittin ur kpetus
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 9:54pm On Jun 17, 2011
Dyt:

Will u stop shoutin
u makin a hell of noise
y nt cm 2 naija n do same since its bittin your kpetus

hahahaha!!! pls deal with the issue that was raised, if u do it i want to know why, but if you dont n know people who do, i still wanna know why you think they do it!

Western men living in naija coming home dont buy jeeps to come n ride at home for 3weeks knowing they can not pay for their house rents when they get back to naija, or do they??

no one is shouting o!! this i s areal issue we must talk about!

assuming im against it, why would i wanna do that, hur? or dont cha hav plans to make any sense with ur responses to topics??

smh
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 9:59pm On Jun 17, 2011
Bams123:

This is actually quite funny, because this is what a majority of both Nigerian guys and men do!!

yes O!!
but any opinions as to why this is the case and how do we go about changing the mind set that is responsible for this because i believe this is an indication of a lager problem for us Nigerians,
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 10:03pm On Jun 17, 2011
U still shoutin dude
if it bodas u den go 2 a nearby mosque or church 2 mk d gen announcement or rada CNN
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 10:16pm On Jun 17, 2011
@ dyt

dont hav time for lazy response like urs,
once u jump from a topic and go on attack on u, u u, it's usually because of general lack of intelligence or effectiveness in making ur own views heard.
the easiest thing to do is to attack another, that way you make personal claims about people and it can never be resolved, n as u can see, i have totally avoided responding to ur attack on me, stay with issues or stay home

not sure wut naija women do wen they go home, i asked about naija men but i hear naija women have lots of attitude but would never know since i dont usually deal with them but may start to soon. not concerned with ur lil attitude, i shall take u as just another one no-body who goes home to try n be who they r not, n if u r, pls dont go to place where lots of people r poor n tryna be who u r not, dont ship a jeep u can not afford to pay monthly insurance for in England to ride for visit to niaja for 2weeks, its very bad
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 10:18pm On Jun 17, 2011
hahahahaha!! i like that my reply to u shall,
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 10:29pm On Jun 17, 2011
N is dat y u stammerin?
Dude u must rili b hungry
BTW m sure u do dishes where u r or rada works in d cemetary
now i feel ur complete pain
sorry
y nt cm back hm n mk beta use of ur low lyf self
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 11:07pm On Jun 17, 2011
Dyt:

N is dat y u stammerin?
Dude u must rili b hungry
BTW m sure u do dishes where u r or rada works in d cemetary
now i feel your complete pain
sorry
y nt cm back hm n mk beta use of your low lyf self

since you dont know me, u see what u see becos of who u already r or fear!

ie the picture u paint is of ur fears not me since u r totally clueless as to who i am!! lolz

i am who i am n would never chose ur life over mine!!!!!! tongue tongue tongue

im blessed everyday of my life!!!
if u wanna know, i have my dream lifestyle, not two weeks vacation life in naija, but its my every day life
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 11:17pm On Jun 17, 2011
Y nt go ova 2 skynews n mk a pub announcement on ow u live n run ur lyf
i myt nt b as bouyant as u bt i v a glorified n much more fulfilled lyf compared 2 urs
an advice
grow up,increase ur sense of humour n learn ow 2 live n accept ppl
Unam boi
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 11:47pm On Jun 17, 2011
Dyt:

Y nt go ova 2 skynews n mk a pub announcement on ow u live n run your lyf
i myt nt b as bouyant as u bt i v a glorified n much more fulfilled lyf compared 2 urs
an advice
grow up,increase your sense of humour n learn ow 2 live n accept ppl
Unam boi

one sec, u claim i hav a miserable life as a human, im a Rada boy?? what is that anyways?? u talk about doing dishes and cemetery, oh, u said rada work in cemetery, ive never hear such a thang b4, but i figured u r talking about where i should go work or already work, and now although u did not go to skynews, where the hell is skynews anyways to tell me those stuff, u now want me go to skynews to defend myself n u think u r smart

u hav a glorified life, oh r we now bringing god soon into this??

i should have a sense of humour, where did u forget urs preacher woman

it is our kindness to loved ones and strangers as well that glorifies us!
u want glory, then make peace as long as it depends on u,
n what if i was a nice person ans a really great guy n would put a smile on ur face if u got to know me and would be there for u if u really needed someone and once i was ur friend i would always be ur friend no matter what, if i then came here n raised atopic as i did, would u still then just attack me the way u did

if you would, how is that life a glorified life??
if u would not then attack me the way u did, then, tell me, how now can u claim ur life of attacking strangers that u live now b a glorified life

do some humans who died n r buried in cemetery not also have the glory of god n needs their rest places to be maintained?? n those who may work cleaning such places, does that work in and of itself in ur opinion then make them lack the glory of god?

anyways, ur life glorified or not, i will chose my life now and the love in it over ur life even if i lived a thousand times!!

it does not make ur life terrible but just means i love my life as is,
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 11:51pm On Jun 17, 2011
Awww
so sorry
didnt mean 2 mk u cry
actually i wz only jokin o
bt guess ur almighty sense of humour wz on brk at dat tym
pats his back n rubs his head
now hurry 2 bed its past ur bed tym or u still @ work?
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 12:39am On Jun 18, 2011
Dyt:

Awww
so sorry
didnt mean 2 mk u cry
actually i wz only jokin o
bt guess your almighty sense of humour wz on brk at dat tym
pats his back n rubs his head
now hurry 2 bed its past your bed tym or u still @ work?

actually im still here on my fav $2000 couch in my place, staring into my $1700 computer beside me through my $500 Dolce & Gabbana prescription glasses, and im not taking calls from women on my $1000 iphone behind me on the couch not becos im here on the forum but mostly because im slightly worried about moving, i have to move soon into my new million Dollar? home here in down town, ?? oh well, i hate moving - its why i am worrying but its okay as my lovely lady friends have offered to help me pack and i intend to pay about $1000 for 3 - 4hrs to moving company to help me move why i watch!
oh, im not a thief or a fraudster, just another regular folk here who have some education, works and pay taxes but like most people here, i think i pay too much taxes too but its okay becos healthcare is free from my taxes,

u need to hear more??

u see, u dont know who i am, and y its true u may also have an awesome life, i never doubted u on it so its irrelevant, i do not want ur life because that would mean i would have to switch my father mother and brothers and sisters and i love them too much and would never do so in a million yrs!

dont care about ur opinions about me, cos im a decent human being and i have an awesome life full of love, people do not call me a Stunna for no reason, k cool cool cool

nuff said now
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 12:45am On Jun 18, 2011
N dat took u lyk 4eva 2 cm out wit?
Cmon dude NLers dont care bout wat u v or own mostly me
i dont give a hoot bout ur worth
m so sure u dnt even worth a thousand dols
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by 9jafetish(f): 4:07am On Jun 18, 2011
$tunna:

WHEN YOU ARE NOT!!!

You are just an ordinary American or German citizen or even a struggling or worst still, broke guy next door sharing a room with 3 other naija men in some city in Spain since you can not afford to pay for an apartment by yourself, so why do you go to Naija and try and behave like a movie star??

You did not have money to pay for your rent or phone bill for the 2months you will be gone so you will have to go live in a shelter when you come back yet you sent a $15,000 Jeep home to ride there for the 6weeks you will be there and show off, why??

Why do you live in a flat with 5boys in Europe and have a 4Flat house in Lagos??

lol that is so true , my father does that a lot .He send so much money home, yet he complains about not having money.
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
Dyt:

N dat took u lyk 4eva 2 cm out wit?
Cmon dude NLers dont care bout wat u v or own mostly me
i dont give a hoot bout your worth
m so sure u dnt even worth a thousand dols

since you turned it into ur attempt to define wut u think my life is, then u forced me to tell u a lil bit about my life as it really is, not as u hope it is or wish it were!

and dont get the rest of NLers involved in this ur crap, this is between u and me and if it were to blow up, i would be able to show that the picture i paint of my life 4 ya is much closer the reality of my life than the one u try to paint!

you sound like u need sum, when was the last time u got any, ?? lolzz
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 3:06pm On Jun 18, 2011
9jafetish:

lol that is so true , my father does that a lot .He send so much money home, yet he complains about not having money.

hahahaha!! of course its very true n families break up over it all the time, and i was hopping that it can be addressed so people can explain why they do it!!

how,s the going wit cha Miss??
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 4:51pm On Jun 18, 2011
Chucklin
s dat ow u feel wen u on sexxx hunger?
U d type dat cld tell d whole world d very lil things u do 4 ur fellow ppl
let me let u b b4 u start cryin again
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Donbrig: 7:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
I dont know why some people cant just respond maturedly to a simple topic, always using derogatory words. Well, I think the problem has to do with our weird mentality, the mentality has eaten deep inside us. Although many Nigerians abroad have learnt that going home pretending to be what they are not is not the right way to impress people. If we can be our real self whenever we travel to naija, perhaps, our friends and family members might begin to understand that life abroad is not that easy as they have wrongly believed for ages.
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 8:07pm On Jun 18, 2011
If it annoys u
y nt confront dem instead of comin up ere 2 lament
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 5:59am On Jun 19, 2011
Donbrig:

I dont know why some people cant just respond maturedly to a simple topic, always using derogatory words. Well, I think the problem has to do with our weird mentality, the mentality has eaten deep inside us. Although many Nigerians abroad have learnt that going home pretending to be what they are not is not the right way to impress people. If we can be our real self whenever we travel to naija, perhaps, our friends and family members might begin to understand that life abroad is not that easy as they have wrongly believed for ages.

thank u, i wanted to see if the issue can be talked about but there r some people here ive noticed who work full time on their computer without pay to make sure issues r not raised as they will call u every vile names in the book to try to silent u! living where i do n seeing how people jump into a topic and debate it with highly advanced logical reasoning and passion, im shocked that some people here respond to u and not what u say!! but oh well, one can understand now why naija is one of the poorest peoples of the world! imagine someone who has never met me, dont know who i am, imagine this person is a rich Nigerian with stolen money n i wan some person next door down the street, imagine how i would be treated
so u wonder why nigerians do whatever they have to do not to be poor n be talked to like this.

this female Dyt can even explain why people go home to pretend to be who they r not just to get respect from idiots like her

anyways
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by Dyt(f): 11:32am On Jun 19, 2011
Rili its so damn shameful of u 2 tk things ova d internet so seriousy especially NL,
u so seriously in 4 a new n diff treat,
things ere r nt done lyk its in d real world,
if u had a gd sense of humour n u bn a member in a long tym u wld highly know Dyt wz all jst jokin,
bt 2 bad u took it lyk it were ryt infront of u,
i wz jokin n laughin all along bt now i know it rili did got 2 u,
so sorry if i got u angry in anyway
dats jst me
playin pranks
sorry once again
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by gtrust: 10:53pm On Jun 24, 2011
if cold/snow show you pepper for oyibo land
if you share one small room and yet you no fit pay the rent sef
if you come see say bros wahala dey oh!, after 500years nothing nothing!

Then my broda,
You go try borrow money or steal am
you go head to nijja
you go shine for 1 day!
Atleast, be alive once in your f, life!

Wetin you want hear sef?
STOP ASKING THESE KIND QUESTION!

1 Like

Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by pleep(m): 6:11pm On Jun 25, 2011
well think about it. the average american makes around 50k a yr. so 7.5 million in nigeria.

the average nigerian makes 2$ a day.

so the american guy actually is rich.
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 7:07pm On Jun 25, 2011
@ pleep

yup, you have a point but by american standard, they are just another regular guy down the street, so if they end up bringing a wiffy over she gonna be expecting mansions and super cars but that kind of money can not buy ya any of that over in america,

besides, that kind of cash is not enuff to spend on ur life over where u are and have excess for ur family unless you live like an african in europe or african life in america, becos if u try to live the way the locals live, good luck

1 Like

Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by 9jafetish(f): 8:18pm On Jun 25, 2011
$tunna:

@ pleep

yup, you have a point but by american standard, they are just another regular guy down the street, so if they end up bringing a wiffy over she gonna be expecting mansions and super cars but that kind of money can not buy ya any of that over in america,

besides, that kind of cash is not enuff to spend on your life over where u are and have excess for your family unless you live like an african in europe or african life in america, becos if u try to live the way the locals live, good luck

are u going to caribana this year?
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by stunna2(m): 2:14am On Jun 26, 2011
@ 9jafetish,
well, yes, i will be going to caribana this year as i do every year, but i actually have no choice as it takes place in front of my street till now and i can not escape it even if i try, ! lolz

you reaching??
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by 9jafetish(f): 12:53am On Jun 27, 2011
$tunna:

@ 9jafetish,
well, yes, i will be going to caribana this year as i do every year, but i actually have no choice as it takes place in front of my street till now and i can not escape it even if i try, ! lolz

you reaching??

lol yes i am going,
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by AjanleKoko: 9:56am On Jun 30, 2011
pleep:

well think about it. the average american makes around 50k a yr. so 7.5 million in nigeria.

the average nigerian makes 2$ a day.

so the american guy actually is rich.

Exactly. grin
Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by paulokwudiri(m): 12:06pm On Jul 02, 2011
$tunna:

actually im still here on my fav $2000 couch in my place, staring into my $1700 computer beside me through my $500 Dolce & Gabbana prescription glasses, and im not taking calls from women on my $1000 iphone behind me on the couch not becos im here on the forum but mostly because im slightly worried about moving, i have to move soon into my new million Dollar? home here in down town, ?? oh well, i hate moving - its why i am worrying but its okay as my lovely lady friends have offered to help me pack and i intend to pay about $1000 for 3 - 4hrs to moving company to help me move why i watch!
oh, im not a thief or a fraudster, just another regular folk here who have some education, works and pay taxes but like most people here, i think i pay too much taxes too but its okay becos healthcare is free from my taxes,

u need to hear more??

u see, u dont know who i am, and y its true u may also have an awesome life, i never doubted u on it so its irrelevant, i do not want your life because that would mean i would have to switch my father mother and brothers and sisters and i love them too much and would never do so in a million yrs!

dont care about your opinions about me, cos im a decent human being and i have an awesome life full of love, people do not call me a Stunna for no reason, k cool cool cool

nuff said now

I dey feel you bros smiley

Re: You! Naija Man Overseas: Yes, You, Why Go To Naija And Pretend To Be Rich? by paulokwudiri(m): 12:17pm On Jul 02, 2011
$tunna:

u need to hear more??

u see, u dont know who i am, and y its true u may also have an awesome life, i never doubted u on it so its irrelevant, i do not want your life because that would mean i would have to switch my father mother and brothers and sisters and i love them too much and would never do so in a million yrs!

dont care about your opinions about me, cos im a decent human being and i have an awesome life full of love, people do not call me a Stunna for no reason, k cool cool cool

nuff said now

i dey feel you bro smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kindly Assist With A List Of Credible Dv Visa Lottery Agents In Lagos / Are These The Countries With The Best National Anthems? / Experiences Of Nigerian Nurses Working In Ireland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.