Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism (4821 Views)

Northern Nigeria Governors Endorse Action Against Shiites / King Abdullah Of Jordan Took Swift Decisive Action By Executing 2 ISIS Prisoners / Buhari Wants NTA, AIT Sanctioned Over Alleged Hate Campaign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by dapachez: 10:55pm On Jun 17, 2011
The Presidential candidate of the Congress for Progressive Change (CPC), retired Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, has condemned yesterday’s blast in Abuja and called for a decisive action against terrorism.

A suspected suicide bomber detonated a bomb at the headquarters of the Nigeria Police Force, Abuja, in which two persons died and 73 vehicles damaged.

Buhari said in Lagos through his spokesman, Mr Yinka Odumakin, that “it is unfortunate that Nigeria is fast becoming a terrorist state.”

Buhari noted that “the episodic recurrences of bomb blasts in Nigeria are beginning to instil fears in Nigerians, which is very unhealthy for the nation.

“There must be sustained and coordinated efforts to get to the root of these dastardly acts,’’ he said.

http://www.dailytrust.dailytrust.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=21281:buhari-wants-decisive-action-against-terrorism&catid=1:news&Itemid=2
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by Nobody: 1:25am On Jun 18, 2011
Good advice from Buhari
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by kcjazz(m): 1:32am On Jun 18, 2011
Haha I guess he has learnt from the past, wait one more day and the next thing a Pastor will ask for him to be arrested and the media will say "we saw Buhari buying bombs in Sabon Gari". Well I hope FG is listening
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by honeric01(m): 12:08pm On Jun 18, 2011
What a sad situation sad
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by hakanai(m): 12:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
Good one , dear Buhari!!! We as Nigerians need to close ranks to tackle this menace.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by executinal(m): 12:27pm On Jun 18, 2011
Ok noted, smiley
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by Nobody: 12:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
osama bu hari cheesy
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by emekauzor(m): 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2011
are you sure buhari made this comment, most Northen leaders don't talk peace, its difficult for them to do such
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by 190: 12:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
why dont i have a strange feeling Buhari know's who's behind it and saying it just to keep eyes off him

this man and atiku should be locked up for good undecided
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 18, 2011
190:

why dont i have a strange feeling Buhari know's who's behind it and saying it just to keep eyes off him

190 u r one guy i so much like on nairaland but this your silly comment just eroded all the respect i have for you.

Pls make out time to know more about the person of Buhari. He is the only internationally recognized general in the Nigerian Army. He is the only General from Nigeria the united states army, British army and the Russian army recognize as a full star general in west africa.

He is the only ex-Nigerian leader without a foreign bank account or investment and mansions in Abuja or elsewhere, i mean not a single house in Abuja talk less of a mansion. He is the only leader in West Africa certified by Transparency international as not corrupt!

He quashed the most notorious fanatical religious group ever in Nigeria - Boko haram is a child's play compare to the maitatsine of the 80s. With people like Buhari in government, this shit called boko haram, mend or whatever, would not have happened.

PLEASE DON'T EVER IN YOUR LIFE WRITE ANY INSULTING STATEMENT ON HIS PERSON OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! I MEAN IT.

I advice you to stick to romance section. politics is too high for you to understand.

Thanks.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by honeric01(m): 1:00pm On Jun 18, 2011
190:

After the brief education i gave you this morning, you still came out to type this? man try to research things before you type, Buhari can walk into any country of the world without being denied a visa or looked upon negatively because of his reputation, can you say that of the other ex-head of states?

greateros:

190 u r one guy i so much like on nairaland but this your silly comment just eroded all the respect i have for you.

Pls make out time to know more about the person of Buhari. He is the only internationally recognized general in the Nigerian Army. He is the only General from Nigeria the united states army, British army and the Russian army recognize as a full star general in west africa.

He is the only ex-Nigerian leader without a foreign bank account or investment and mansions in Abuja or elsewhere, i mean not a single house in Abuja talk less of a mansion. He is the only leader in West Africa certified by Transparency international as not corrupt!

He quashed the most notorious fanatical religious group ever in Nigeria - Boko haram is a child's play compare to the maitatsine of the 80s. With people like Buhari in government, this poo called boko haram, mend or whatever, would not have happened.

[s]PLEASE DON'T EVER IN YOUR LIFE WRITE ANY INSULTING STATEMENT ON HIS PERSON OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! I MEAN IT.[/s]

I advice you to stick to romance section. politics is too high for you to understand.

Thanks.

Thanks for educating some sentimental Nigerians.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by Nobody: 1:03pm On Jun 18, 2011
I dont take those words of His serious. . .I have this feelings that Buhari n Ibb all have a hand in the recent bombings, merely to dent the image of the Gej admin!
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by honeric01(m): 1:13pm On Jun 18, 2011
El Guapo:

I dont take those words of His serious. . .I have this feelings that Buhari n Ibb all have a hand in the recent bombings, merely to dent the image of the Gej admin!

He must know MEND too right? i heard BUHARI is the spokeman to MEND just like Jonathan is to Bokoharam, right or wrong? undecided
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by emmke(m): 1:20pm On Jun 18, 2011
some people on this nairaland are just stack illiterates. Sad though is that they think they know it all, simply because they can write and speak english. @190 am just SMH at u,
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by honeric01(m): 1:36pm On Jun 18, 2011
I know it's not my people that did it, MEND can never do something like this, they are my people and i believe in them. Please all Nigerians should join hands together to pray so that those who did it would have a change of heart, confess and repent. ----------- Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Babangida Jnr Jonathan PHd in Zoology AFTER THE OCTOBER 1ST 2010 ABUJA BOMB-BLAST THAT KILLED MORE THAN 15 PEOPLE WITH ABOUT 30-40 PEOPLE INJURED.

A day after, MEND came out and claimed responsibility. (Accepted they carried out the bombing).

I urge all Nigerians not to panic because “terrorist attacks” are affecting countries all over the world, so if they can survive it, we too can survive it ----------------- Statement from the president of Nigeria Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Babangida Jnr Jonathan PHd in Zoology after his inspection of the bombed scene on Friday that killed at least 2 people and wounded more than 12 people (Nigerian police HQ).

What more can you get from a sitting president? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by daroz(m): 1:47pm On Jun 18, 2011
greateros:

He quashed the most notorious fanatical religious group ever in Nigeria - Boko haram is a child's play compare to the maitatsine of the 80s. With people like Buhari in government, this poo called boko haram, mend or whatever, would not have happened.

PLEASE DON'T EVER IN YOUR LIFE WRITE ANY INSULTING STATEMENT ON HIS PERSON OR I WILL HUNT YOU DOWN! I MEAN IT.

Thanks.

Hahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by proffmanue(m): 2:07pm On Jun 18, 2011
Mallam Buhari should become special adviser on Terrorism. I think he has a good credential for that post.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by gungume: 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2011
whatever somebody will say he or she should say it with solid evidences, it is highly unjust to say that thursday's bombing is the handiwork of BUHARI. This just bias statement and let me tell you, anybody making insulting statement against buhari, the almighty GOD will definately avenge for him.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by Roland17(m): 2:18pm On Jun 18, 2011
why are Nigerians Bias? whenever its bokoharam we are are quick to mention Buhari, Atiku and IBB, but Whenever MEND strikes we treat them with kid gloves, no one mention names, even the president protects them.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by nokia3310: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
proffmanue:

Mallam Buhari should become special adviser on Terrorism. I think he has a good credential for that post.

I think we need to be more matured in terms of the way we make accusations,  As far as i'm concerned the General is the most discipline statesman Nigeria has ever produced that's why himself along side Mandela were the only Statesmen invited from Africa to the inauguration of President Obama.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by nokia3310: 2:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
El Guapo:

As far as i'm concerned GEJ hasn't any image to dent, someone that haven't not been able to complete a task as simple as naming his cabinet, despite having spent a year in office before succeeding himself, thought some of this things should've been in place.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by honeric01(m): 2:42pm On Jun 18, 2011
proffmanue:

Special adviser to who? a weakly like Jona? you must be joking, angry
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by 1025: 3:17pm On Jun 18, 2011
joe has not action to take so let buhari forget him. pdp can only be active in just one thing which is stealing.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by rasputinn(m): 3:18pm On Jun 18, 2011
Buhari should just shut his dirty trap,does he realise that what his almajiris did(on his earlier order) is also a form of terrorism
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by reindeer: 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2011
A little more cerebral activity could have prevented posts like that above.
If he didnt talk, you'd be all over him for talking late and now he talks and the only retort coming from you is trash.
If only Nigeria didnt have a lilly-livered weakling as a president.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by maclatunji: 3:31pm On Jun 18, 2011
@rasputinn, why is he not on trial already if what you say is true? The greatest evil that most of our past leaders have done is to destroy education in Nigeria. Many people have very poor thinking and decision-making skills and it reflects in their posts.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by maclatunji: 3:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
@rasputinn, why is he not on trial already if what you say is true? The greatest evil that most of our past leaders have done is to destroy education in Nigeria. Many people have very poor thinking and decision-making skills and it shows-up in their posts.
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by bidemi12(m): 3:41pm On Jun 18, 2011
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism

coming from a terrorist. . . . . . .
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by rasputinn(m): 3:44pm On Jun 18, 2011
maclatunji:

@rasputinn, why is he not on trial already if what you say is true? The greatest evil that most of our past leaders have done is to destroy education in Nigeria. Many people have very poor thinking and decision-making skills and it shows-up in their posts.

What has decision-making skills got to do with the price of coffee in Brazil.You are even exposing your background,why not just make your post and let others make theirs
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by rasputinn(m): 3:46pm On Jun 18, 2011
bidemi12:

My point exactly
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by honeric01(m): 3:47pm On Jun 18, 2011
bidemi12:

Yes a terrorist to your likes that lacks reasoning ability.

the toughest person from PDP can't even probe him, such a weak set of people.

If he's a terrorist, then why is he still walking around free or is your jona jona too weak to arrest him?
Re: Buhari Wants Decisive Action Against Terrorism by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jun 18, 2011
Taliban Buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Handcuff Shortage Hits Police / Roads And Bridges In Lagos Atlantic City: Photos / Photo: After Seeing This, Who Will You Vote For?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.