Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam (9879 Views)

Fornication With A Married Woman / Punishment For Neglecting Hijab / Major Causes Of Zina (fornication) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Rashduct4luv(m): 1:04pm On Jan 10, 2022
I have seen people criticise Islam's strict punishment for fornication and adultery. Why flog someone for simply having pleasure? Why give the death penalty for someone who desecrated the marital instutution. It is barbaric and outdated they say.

●You must realise that one of the hindsight of unrestricted hedonism (pursuit of pleasure) is that when viewed from an individual perspective it sounds harmless. Sex is pleasurable. Engaging in it brings a lot of satisfaction to the one who engages in it. However the singular act of seeking pleasure can put an entire community at the risk of infection. Imagine a community of 100 persons all free of STIs like Syphilis and HIV. Then someone travels out, contracts the infection and when he comes back has sex with just one other member of the community infecting her. She then in turn infects another who infects another...till it becomes widespread in the community. So the hedonist says why punish someone for seeking pleasure, and the moralists say well, we can't let you put the community at risk while seeking pleasure. Imagine if there was a way to prevent him from spreading that infection ab initio?

●You may now wonder, why different punishments for the fornicator and the adulterer? If an unmarried man contracts an STI. He is only likely to infect guilty persons who offer themselves for sex whilst being unmarried. If STIs could be restricted to only those who fornicate, trust me, many persons would not have worried about it. But then imagine a married man with 4 wives, who still goes out to have illicit sex. He doesn't just put himself at risk, but 4 innocent women. In some kinds of STIs like HIV, the lives of his unborn children and even the children at home may also be put at risk. Islam fights against injustice, as it is rather preferred that a guilty person is mistakenly acquited, than an innocent person mistakenly convicted. Would it not be better to take the life of one guilty person to save the lives of many other innocent persons? Its like having to take a decision between someone with a time bomb strapped to his chest, that can not be defused, walking into a mall filled with people. Obviously shooting him down is the wiser thing to do, to protect the lives of others in the mall.
●Islam takes no pleasure in killing anybody. Look at the conditions that has to be met before guilt of fornication and adultery is established. 4 witnesses have to be presented who saw the actual process of the man's genitals going into the woman's. Even in today’s world where sex is now nearly a norm on the streets, this is a condition that is still very difficult to establish. That is why the commonest way to establish the guilt of fornication and adultery is self confession. Punishments are meant to serve as deterrents rather than being vindictive. Even where it doesn't completely prevent people from engaging in it (because people will always find a way to beat the law) it at least ensures evil doesn't become an acceptable norm that is confidently discussed in public.

●Lastly, Imagine if that your cheating husband knows he risks losing his life at the expense of an orgasm or two, will that not serve as sufficient scare to force him to be faithful? This will have been sufficient to curtail the spread of STIs and protect marital institutions. Allāh mandates that the punishment of the fornicator and the adulterer be done in public (و اليشهد عذابهما طاءفة من المؤمنين). This is so that if you are about send that "I am bored, can you come over" message to her, and you remember how your friend was flogged in public, even the erection you are having will die a natural death. Today people bring all sorts of argument in the defence of the guilty, rather than seek the protection of the innocent from the evils of criminals and those with immoral inclinations. Then you appreciate more the wisdom in Allāh's statement

و لا تأخذكم بهما رأفة في دين الله
Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah (Q 24:2).
If I know I have no intention of becoming a kidnapper, why should I be sympathetic to kidnappers so much as to worry about whatever punishment is prescribed for them, especially if that punishment come from the law giver Himself. That's why I am convinced that whoever you see or hear having any problem with this punishment, from among the Muslims, is either a fornicator, and adulterer, or someone who intends to become one.

May Allāh grant us the ability to protect our chastity.

A. Haroun

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by AntiChristian: 1:07pm On Jan 10, 2022
We ask Allah to open our eyes to the truth and follow it!

15 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by DonroxyII: 4:58am On Jan 12, 2022
AntiChristian:
Amin Ya Allah.

11 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by RightChannel: 9:30am On Jan 12, 2022
DonroxyII:
Amin Ya Allah.

Where is Amin or Ameen written in your Quran?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Truthisunique3: 8:07am On Jan 14, 2022
Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Truthisunique3: 8:08am On Jan 14, 2022
Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by NoSentiment: 9:52am On Jan 21, 2022
Let me comment before supposed followers of the "religion of love" gatecrashed and start spreading their "love".

Before any of them quotes me, let him or her know that in addition to praying like the Muslims do in Mathew 26v39 and saying "Assalamu alaykum " to greet his disciples in John 20v21, Jesus also said

1. "My father is greater than I" [how can greater than be equal to?]

2. " I am ascending unto my father and your father, my God and your God " [how can a God have another God]

3. "I can of my own self do nothing.." [ how can a God not do things of his own accord?]

4. "There is only one who is good, that's God"

5. " Of that hour no one knows..." [How can Jesus who is supposed to be God claims ignorance of the hour?]

I can go on and on to quote Jesus verbatim disowning what todays zealots calling themselves Christians attach to him of divinity.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Idrisk19(m): 9:55am On Jan 21, 2022
الحمد لله على فطرة الإسلام

7 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Techreliance(m): 9:59am On Jan 21, 2022
Rashduct4luv:
I have seen people criticise Islam's strict punishment for fornication and adultery. Why flog someone for simply having pleasure? Why give the death penalty for someone who desecrated the marital instutution. It is barbaric and outdated they say.

●You must realise that one of the hindsight of unrestricted hedonism (pursuit of pleasure) is that when viewed from an individual perspective it sounds harmless. Sex is pleasurable. Engaging in it brings a lot of satisfaction to the one who engages in it. However the singular act of seeking pleasure can put an entire community at the risk of infection. Imagine a community of 100 persons all free of STIs like Syphilis and HIV. Then someone travels out, contracts the infection and when he comes back has sex with just one other member of the community infecting her. She then in turn infects another who infects another...till it becomes widespread in the community. So the hedonist says why punish someone for seeking pleasure, and the moralists say well, we can't let you put the community at risk while seeking pleasure. Imagine if there was a way to prevent him from spreading that infection ab initio?

●You may now wonder, why different punishments for the fornicator and the adulterer? If an unmarried man contracts an STI. He is only likely to infect guilty persons who offer themselves for sex whilst being unmarried. If STIs could be restricted to only those who fornicate, trust me, many persons would not have worried about it. But then imagine a married man with 4 wives, who still goes out to have illicit sex. He doesn't just put himself at risk, but 4 innocent women. In some kinds of STIs like HIV, the lives of his unborn children and even the children at home may also be put at risk. Islam fights against injustice, as it is rather preferred that a guilty person is mistakenly acquited, than an innocent person mistakenly convicted. Would it not be better to take the life of one guilty person to save the lives of many other innocent persons? Its like having to take a decision between someone with a time bomb strapped to his chest, that can not be defused, walking into a mall filled with people. Obviously shooting him down is the wiser thing to do, to protect the lives of others in the mall.
●Islam takes no pleasure in killing anybody. Look at the conditions that has to be met before guilt of fornication and adultery is established. 4 witnesses have to be presented who saw the actual process of the man's genitals going into the woman's. Even in today’s world where sex is now nearly a norm on the streets, this is a condition that is still very difficult to establish. That is why the commonest way to establish the guilt of fornication and adultery is self confession. Punishments are meant to serve as deterrents rather than being vindictive. Even where it doesn't completely prevent people from engaging in it (because people will always find a way to beat the law) it at least ensures evil doesn't become an acceptable norm that is confidently discussed in public.

●Lastly, Imagine if that your cheating husband knows he risks losing his life at the expense of an orgasm or two, will that not serve as sufficient scare to force him to be faithful? This will have been sufficient to curtail the spread of STIs and protect marital institutions. Allāh mandates that the punishment of the fornicator and the adulterer be done in public (و اليشهد عذابهما طاءفة من المؤمنين). This is so that if you are about send that "I am bored, can you come over" message to her, and you remember how your friend was flogged in public, even the erection you are having will die a natural death. Today people bring all sorts of argument in the defence of the guilty, rather than seek the protection of the innocent from the evils of criminals and those with immoral inclinations. Then you appreciate more the wisdom in Allāh's statement

Let not pity withhold you in their case, in a punishment prescribed by Allah (Q 24:2).
If I know I have no intention of becoming a kidnapper, why should I be sympathetic to kidnappers so much as to worry about whatever punishment is prescribed for them, especially if that punishment come from the law giver Himself. That's why I am convinced that whoever you see or hear having any problem with this punishment, from among the Muslims, is either a fornicator, and adulterer, or someone who intends to become one.

A. Haroun

Na'am, may Allah continue guiding us. JazzakaLlau kair.

9 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by OBALOLA55(m): 9:59am On Jan 21, 2022
RightChannel:

Where in Amin or Ameen written in your Quran?
HOWS THAT YOUR BUSINESS

2 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Jesuschristus: 10:03am On Jan 21, 2022
Great post,people will still look for a way to criticize it though

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by GreatAxeMan: 10:03am On Jan 21, 2022
Yet the same Allah will offer everlasting fornication for Muslim men with thousands of houris in paradise!

[img]https://images./6FjT5NT4lt08ynzJ3gXTWn.jpg[/img]

While Muslim women are languishing in hell fire

[img]https://images./282Se6gKQpRXzgPngz9Z4a.jpg[/img]

AntiChristian:

13 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by motayoayinde: 10:05am On Jan 21, 2022
RightChannel:

Where in Amin or Ameen written in your Quran?

WHERE IS LYING AND SWEARING FALSELY TO AN OATH WRITTEN IN WHATEVER BOOK YOU FOLLOW?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by DeepSight(m): 10:39am On Jan 21, 2022
Rashduct4luv:

A. Haroun

You belong in the middle ages.
Go back there.

8 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by RightChannel: 10:48am On Jan 21, 2022
So allah was so inerudite not to have included Amen into your quran?

OBALOLA55:
HOWS THAT YOUR BUSINESS

3 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Ahmback(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2022
Very dumb religion

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by OBALOLA55(m): 10:51am On Jan 21, 2022
RightChannel:
So allah was so inerudite not to have included Amen into your quran?

RIGHTEOUSNESS2 YOU KNOW NOTHING
Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by ABCthingx: 10:54am On Jan 21, 2022
NoSentiment:
Let me comment before supposed followers of the "religion of love" gatecrashed and start spreading their "love".

Before any of them quotes me, let him or her know that in addition to praying like the Muslims do in Mathew 26v39 and saying "Assalamu alaykum " to greet his disciples in John 20v21, Jesus also said

2. " I am ascending unto my father and your father, my God and your God " [how can a God have another God]

3. "I can of my own self do nothing.." [ how can a God not do things of his own accord?]

5. " Of that hour no one knows..." [How can Jesus who is supposed to be God claims ignorance of the hour?]

I can go on and on to quote Jesus verbatim disowning what todays zealots calling themselves Christians attach to him of divinity.
But your flat head forgot where He said. 'I am my Father are One and He who have seen me have seen my father'

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by NoSentiment: 10:57am On Jan 21, 2022
ABCthingx:
But your flat head forgot where He said. 'I am my Father are One and He who have seen me ha. ve seen my father'

Read the verse in it context..

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by NoSentiment: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2022
ABCthingx:
But your flat head forgot where He said. 'I am my Father are One and He who have seen me ha. ve seen my father'

Read the verse in it context..

I and my father are one doesn't mean equality

3 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Comedian2019: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2022
NoSentiment:

Stop criticizing other religions.
Meanwhile, what's the punishment for your terrorist brothers?

7 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by NoSentiment: 10:59am On Jan 21, 2022
ABCthingx:
But your flat head forgot where He said. 'I am my Father are One and He who have seen me have seen my father'

He who has seen every prophets during his time has metaphorically seen God because they are God's vicegerents on earth.
Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by RightChannel: 11:00am On Jan 21, 2022
OBALOLA55:
RIGHTEOUSNESS2 YOU KNOW NOTHING

Who is righteoousness 2? You can't show where Amen is written in Quran? It is a shame

4 Likes

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Adlac(m): 11:13am On Jan 21, 2022
RightChannel:

[s]It is in your *** lying is encouraged as your god alh is the best of schemer, liar, deceiver, etc
[/s]
Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by NoSentiment: 11:14am On Jan 21, 2022
Comedian2019:

Stop criticizing other religions.
Meanwhile, what's the punishment for your terrorist brothers?

All terrorists such as Bin Laden, Shekau, George Bush, Tony Blair, Benjamin Netanyahu, Joseph Konde, will go to hell.
Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Adlac(m): 11:15am On Jan 21, 2022
DeepSight:

[s]You belong in the middle ages.
Go back there.
[/s]
Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Adlac(m): 11:16am On Jan 21, 2022
[[s]quote author=RightChannel post=109559491]So alh was so inerudite not to have included Amen into your ***ran?

[/s]

[/quote]
Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by Adlac(m): 11:17am On Jan 21, 2022
Ahmback post=109559540:
Very dumb religion

1 Like

Re: Another Look At The Critics Of The Punishment Of Fornication/adultery In Islam by AntiChristian: 11:18am On Jan 21, 2022
GreatAxeMan:
Yet the same Allah will offer everlasting fornication for Muslim men with thousands of houris in paradise!

[img]https://images./6FjT5NT4lt08ynzJ3gXTWn.jpg[/img]

While Muslim women are languishing in hell fire

[img]https://images./282Se6gKQpRXzgPngz9Z4a.jpg[/img]

This makes sense since the sons of your God came to earth to have the sex you are complaining of. Genesis 6:1-4

It's better to have it heaven!

Many women will be in hell and many will enter Jannah!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Specifically Has Islam Contributed To Humanity As A Race. . . / Marriage: Hijabi Or Non-hijab / What Does Islam Say About Using Herbs, Roots, Black Soap, E.t.c. For Problems?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.