Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 PM

Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. (5742 Views)

Ambode’s Mediocre List of Commissioners Full Of Tinubu’s Relatives, Friends –PDP / Fashola Is Not Qualified To Be A Presidential Candidate / From The Governors, Fashola Is The Only One Fit To Be President. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 12:25pm On Jun 18, 2011
Alright, the term failure might be stretching it in Nigerians definitive term, but no doubt, fashola is absolutely at best, mediocre.

Sincerely what has Fashola done as the governor of LAGOS STATE that deserves thought-out applauds ? A state so inundated with investment opportunities n potentials yet only minimal development, dirt, filth, n chaos is abound.

Now, what is the job of a state governor (in Nigeria) ?
1. protection of life and properties.
2. provision of effective n affordable health services.
3. provision of sound n competitive education and educational services.
4. Provision of social infractures like road building n repairs, potable pipebore water,  sanitary disposal, transport.
5. Structuring Town planning, provision of housing, and housing/ building codes for privates,   and likely its beautification associates etc .
6. Establishing a sound economic policy for development. This policy in essence shd n wub become the definitive attribute of d state.

Jobs? State governments aren't necessary responsibly for providing jobs rather they provide enabling environment to provide jobs via companies and industries setting up in the state. (says capitalism) .

If I'm not mistaking and forgetting any point, I think these are the major job n duty of a governor.

Now, without BS how has fashola fare against these listed points ?
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 12:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
Fashola has failed n exposed his lack of vision for the state with his proposed financial district on same note attesting to the lekki free zone. These two conflicting economic formulas within a few miles of one another.

Now, every city defines itself by wat it wants to be.
An industrial state? Like goudjuon ( I bet I got the spelling wrong, the Chinese top Industrial city), Birmingham, detroit, hamburg, nashawa( nt too sure I got the name, but Japan sha).

Or u hv the neat n tidy financial state, shanghai, London, New York, Frankfurt, Tokyo etc.

Now, how does Lagos n Fashola intend to reconcile these two divergent economic templates  ?

The new lekki trade zone, yes wud bring needed revenue but its location and wud be position in the state wud only strifle any form of liberation from Lagos's current squalor status.

Outcome: ? Lagos becomes very in-conducive for the financial industry. They migrate. The foreign companies, to Ghana. Local, to Abuja. (after, 100 bomb blast might consider Enugu  grin)
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 1:06pm On Jun 18, 2011
On the BRT .

Sorry, but how much was spent on this project?  And still begin spent in maintenance n payment of salary on a loss making service ?
Was the service needed ? Absolutely .
Did the state government paying for it a nice move? Absolutely Not. It clearly show hind-sightedness.

How about, if Fashola had instead, sold out four to five licences to different companies to service those n other unserviced route in Lagos .
Imagine how much money Lagos cud hv made from it?
Imagine how much gov cud hv saved from wat it currently spends on maintenance n payment of salaries with provision of pension plan for her employees.

Gov, cud have only being at the side running inspections n i
ensuring good service. N cud hv plough the money wasted on those buses into road repairs, marking, lighting, traffic lighting, pedestrian walkway n bridge.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by hercules07: 1:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
Na so the thing dey pain u reach? You better concentrate on your clueless President who has no answers to the spate of bombings in the country.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 2:04pm On Jun 18, 2011
Ok. On social infrastructure , provision of potable pipe borne water, sanitation/waste management,let forget electricity ooh, road management/ repairs and drainage?

On these, fashola 's actions is, to be polite, very abysmal n scatty. Does he not care?

People are still drinking well water, stream water. What wud it cost him to have a think of this basic demands of a human, our human right?

What wud it take to hv a contract for the building and management of a water scheme, with water purification n comprehensive network of pipebore water delivered to every home?

When will a lagosian kid playing football in the field, on exhaustion run to a near by tap and dispense water for drinking ?

Does Fashola not care? Or does he not have the fore-sight?
How long wud lagosians drink salty well water for?
Does Fashola not know that this issue results to over 17,000 deaths in Lagos state yearly?
He is happy seeing people die?
If not, why is he not tackling the issue to mk residents seal up the wells once an for all ?

Lagos state is one of the few states in Nigeria which was actually planned, though the current residence has clearly overwhelmed the infrastructures available. However many people are now in the middle class and hence are paying tax steadily. Lagos is rich and there shd b no reason why Lagos state should not b providing services, services the tax is meant for.

. How much wud it cost Fashola to dredge or dislodge the canal system that was incorporated in the master plan, a canal the federal government build for her citizenry ?

. Must tax paying residents live in squalor n filth, Over-flowing canals, rat infestation and total degradation becos of FASHOLA's incompetence ? 

.over flowing central suck-away septic Underground tank in festac  out pouring unto the road, flooded lekki- an area Fashola sanctioned for her resident to live, is there a sinister, sadistic reason behind all these epidermic liable complacency or is it a shameless incompetency ?

Legally is FRAUD, isn't it? (taking money for a service and not rendering that service without returning the money)
Does that mean FASHOLA is a Chameleonous, gawking, sheepishly-smiling FRAUD? (I need answers,pls)

Fashola u re almost a failure.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by hercules07: 2:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
Mac

You obviously hate Fashola, on Water and Waste Management, he has done well, he has built mini water works and is building more, there are several areas in Lagos that depend solely on government water, as per waste management, do not go there, he has performed, we know how waste used to litter lagos, LAWMA is one of the best organisations that we have.
He can not deliver water to every home in 4 years, he is building the infrastructure from scratch, please enlighten yourself more.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 4:26pm On Jun 18, 2011
On town planning, housing/ building code, road repair, simply marking of road, rowdiness n agbero, indiscriminate touting:

Brb.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by EgbeNak: 4:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
Can you name one Governor that has done more than Fashola?
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by T9ksy(m): 4:38pm On Jun 18, 2011
Egbe Nak:

Can you name one Governor that has done more than Fashola?

You for ask am wetin hin own gominor dey do to develop hin region?

On second thought, better to just let him be. Hopefully, when he gets fed up talking to himself, he will finally turn himself in.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by seanet02: 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
Ibos and Their Inferiority Complex. Brain do elude them tete
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by ektbear: 5:09pm On Jun 18, 2011
Relative to his peers, he seems to be the best governor. Not sure in what sense then he is mediocre.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 5:44pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ekt_bear, in wat way do u relate Lagos state with other states?
No other state has financial potentials of Lagos
No other state has investment potentials of Lagos
No other state taxes their people.
No other state has the magnitude of laid down infrastructural investments as Lagos (all thanks to being formal capital territory)

@Egbe nak, it shdnt b wat other marginally poor states or infrastructural devoid states has done but WAT HAS FASHOLA done in four years?
Mmmm. . . Cleared people n kiosk from oshodi road side ?
Abi Na one, one story old people's home he built?
I forgot he  repainted some secondary school.
Is that it?

Rivers n Enugu states has built totally new massive, over 2000 housing schemes with, ESP Enugu, marginal resources.
Building totally new amusement and shopping malls.
Providing good roads, laying massive stretches of asphalt, marking and providing road traffic, pedestrian walk-ways, greatly beautifing their cities.

Yes, a number of spanking new malls has sprang up in Lagos but is wasn't from the government. There re all private.

The question is what is he doi g with all the internally generated revenue, all the massive federal allocation, all the hefty taxes on on residents ?
since he is taxing us, we re strongly, n rightfully  demanding wat he is doing with our money since we are now   meant to believe the  FED n internally generated revenue is not our Buiz.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by ektbear: 5:46pm On Jun 18, 2011
macjive01:

No other state has the magnitude of laid down infrastructural investments as Lagos (all thanks to being formal capital territory)

Divide state revenue by population, then rank the states. Per capita state revenue in Lagos isn't particularly exceptional. Yet the state seems to be measure out far better in most of the HDI metrics than other states (education, healthcare, life expectancy, etc)
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 6:14pm On Jun 18, 2011
@ekt, that's a very wrong n flawed yard stick in determining who is working?
Becos, Lagos state as a formal fct has always had higher HDI than most states, why not, when as an fct federal government built the existing housing schemes, built massive secondary n primary school, built the top federal hospitals n health Centers, and other federal investments. The Fed didnt relocate those structure n foundations to Abuja.

The question shd b in wat way has Fashola improved on it!

On HDI Nigerians are richer n better off than chinese !
But that does translate to infrastructure, society n development.

Lagos clearly has the most cash at hand to work. your flawed per cap, it not as if the government Is handing out  money to her residents, so it doesnt count. What counts is availability of cash n revenue to develop the state. On that Lagos is way richer, yet on the back pedal on development. 

Take a minute to analyse it, over the past four years what project or projects could one point to as what could have decimated Lagos state stack of revenue ?

On most basic indexes, highlighting over the past 4 years, Lagos is no where to compare to either river, akwa ibom, calabar, Enugu.
On total km of road built
On number of houses/housing scheme built
On  new hospitals n health centres
On education.
On town planning. Lagos Is still in filth n chaos.

So how is he performing?
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by aljharem3: 6:23pm On Jun 18, 2011
macjive01:

@Egbe nak, it shdnt b wat other marginally poor states or infrastructural devoid states has done but WAT HAS FASHOLA done in four years?
Mmmm. . . Cleared people n kiosk from oshodi road side ?
Abi Na one, one story old people's home he built?
I forgot he repainted some secondary school.
I that it?

Rivers n Enugu states has built totally new massive, over 2000 housing schemes with, ESP Enugu, marginal resources.
Building totally new amusement and shopping malls.
Providing good roads, laying massive stretches of asphalt, marking and providing road traffic, pedestrian walk-ways, greatly beautifing their cities.

Yes, a number of spanking new malls has sprang up in Lagos but is wasn't from the government. There re all private.

The question is what is he doi g with all the internally generated revenue, all the massive federal allocation, all the hefty taxes on on residents ?
since he is taxing us, we re strongly, n rightfully demanding wat he is doing with our money since we are now meant to believe the FED n internally generated revenue is not our Buiz.

fashola is trying to be honest, rivers and enugu is a 10th of lagos population

and people keep flooding in everyday to lagos, now how do u expect him to cope with that

lagos state is about 20 million (nigerians smallest state)

c'mon
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by jamebex(m): 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
Ran pnuemaj tuemku pamjati fashola
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by ektbear: 6:24pm On Jun 18, 2011
1. Why is per capita revenue a bad metric? If I have the same revenue but only 1/3rd the population, shouldn't I be able to do much better?
2. I don't think Lagos did well on these HDI metrics back in the 90s and early 2000s.
3. How much exactly did the FG build? Let us have specific #s. And from what I've read, FG pretty much stopped investing in the state by 1990. Or what was the last major federal project in the state? Even the federal roads there, when was the last time they've been touched?
4. Same with health care centers. What was on the ground in 2007 versus what is there now?
5. HDI of Nigerian being higher than that of China, can you document this statement? I'm pretty sure you are wrong.
6. There is no way even Rivers has build more miles of road over the past 4 years than Lagos (let alone any other state in Nigeria.) If you disagree, kindly pull up the data and post it for us here to see.
7. Housing is a task for the private sector, not the government. Or does the government where you live own the home you live in?
8. I'm fairly certain that Lagos leads in healthcare, by any metric. Post data and let us compare if you believe otherwise.
9. Education, what is your basis for saying Lagos is behind any other state in Nigeria?
10. Regarding town planning, you cannot erase 20+ years of rot in 4 years time. It simply isn't possible.

In general, you need to provide data to support your statements. Many of them seem to be wrong. . .hard to accept without evidence.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by seanet03: 6:27pm On Jun 18, 2011
Very disgusting arguments by this small boy, imagine saying Fashola is not performing when you compare the populations of the various states with their respective income and get the per capital income. How do you give me 15 dollars to managed 40 dudes and want me to do more than someone with same amount for just 20 dudes? Comparing the state with the highest responsibility with states like rivers and you will get a clue if you did even the least of Economic studies in School, 18 million people to manage with just 450 billion compared with Rivers state with over 400 billion and less than 5 million people does not sound intelligent to me. Let us be constructive, fair and logical in our arguments.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by ektbear: 6:29pm On Jun 18, 2011
macjive, your analytical skills are pretty suspect.

It makes no sense to say that Lagos has huge revenue unless you normalize for population as well.

Not to mention the other questionable premises of yours.

In general, bring some data to support your statements. I don't think you have a good case at all
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by Gekko(m): 6:32pm On Jun 18, 2011
macjive01:

On the BRT .

Sorry, but how much was spent on this project?  And still begin spent in maintenance n payment of salary on a loss making service ?
Was the service needed ? Absolutely .
Did the state government paying for it a nice move? Absolutely Not. It clearly show hind-sightedness.

How about, if Fashola had instead, sold out four to five licences to different companies to service those n other unserviced route in Lagos .
Imagine how much money Lagos cud hv made from it?
Imagine how much gov cud hv saved from wat it currently spends on maintenance n payment of salaries with provision of pension plan for her employees.

Gov, cud have only being at the side running inspections n i
ensuring good service. N cud hv plough the money wasted on those buses into road repairs, marking, lighting, traffic lighting, pedestrian walkway n bridge.

poster you make plenty of sense but the tragic end of this is that too many within us celebrates mediocrity.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by henry101(m): 6:33pm On Jun 18, 2011
Hey OP, Eko Ile the balls and ass licking servant is coming to whoop your silly arse////. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Just dont run when He starts spaming the whole page with pictures and curses,
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by jamebex(m): 6:41pm On Jun 18, 2011
Suluemeu amenu pum sukeu sa BRT uamenu wemjnem sukuda uamenu sa Housing Save Enugu save Rivers save Fashola. Fashola semeee meeee
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by seanet03: 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
Lets us use Lagos state against Rivers state. Roads! 371 km,
henry101:

Hey OP, Eko Ile the balls and Bottom licking servant is coming to whoop your silly arse////. grin grin grin grin grin grin
You are not making sense, is it compulsory you post? It is only gullible and half baked graduate turn spare part seller that can believe macjive. So delusional in your thinking
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by Ad4(m): 7:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
I knw Fashola has done well.In d area of portable water,Fashola has divided Lagos into areas n has gone in partnership wit World bank to rehabilitate n expand each area.The projects're ongoing.Most people depend on government water.In the area of sewage n waste water management,LAWMA's doing a nice job.Lagos's big n need enuf time for development.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by houvest: 7:11pm On Jun 18, 2011
henry101:

Hey OP, Eko Ile the balls and Bottom licking servant is coming to whoop your silly arse////. grin grin grin grin grin grin

ROTFLMAO
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 7:28pm On Jun 18, 2011
I do have my facts, im typing on my phone ATM wud flourish u with them when I get home to my lap top.

On it flawed per cap bench Mark, check this out , equatorial Guinea is one of the richest countries in this world per capital, little oil revenue but far less population, yet the country is miserably poor. Despite the large per cap, the actual money is way too small for meaningful development .

2 Ex. India economy might be worth 1.trillion $, and population 1.2 billion, which gives us below $ 900 per capital. while, Solomon island of 10,000 people and economy of misely $10million wud have a per capital of $1000. higher than indian!

Now does that means Solomon island is richer, shd b more developed?

Absolutely no, their 10 million economy, despite turning out to give them high per capital might not be enough to build a decent stretch of road, let alone a university.

Do u now get my drift ekt-bear ?

So per capital doesn't matter, what matter is the actual gross. The available money for development . Back to your argument, hence Lagos has by far the highest revenue n potential yet our mediocre Fashala is gawking, nothing much to show for it. 

Since he has, more or less, been gawking, doing nothing substantial, where is the money?       (abi, do we need to ask tinubu first ?)
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by EkoIle1: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2011
henry101:

I don't have to pay attention to every idioti.c and moronic threads with bogus and absurd assertions.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by bkbabe97y(m): 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2011
Oh my God, is this even a topic?! Even those of us that have never set foot in Africa to talk of Nigeria, let alone Lagos, HAVE HEARD OF GOV.FASHOLA and what he's doing in Lagos!!! JESUS, LAGOS!!! LAGOS, A CITY WHERE EVEN A CAMBODIAN KNOWS, AND HAS NEVER HEARD ANYTHING GOOD OF, to all of a sudden start getting good reviews world wide. . . . . London, Montreal, Boston, New York. Boston Times, New York Times, Washington Post, Montreal Gazzette; feel free to check the archives of these News Papers I have quoted. Everyone one of them has done an independent article on Lagos and and how it is on the right part due to who it has as its Administrator . All these major News Papers have put Gov.Fashola in positive light.

In your head if the above sounds like everyone is applauding a "Mediocre" or that everyone is wrong and you are right, then I'm sorry I cant help you. You'll have to seek a cure for your sickness on your own. Good Luck.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by henry101(m): 9:50pm On Jun 18, 2011
seanet03:

Lets us use Lagos state against Rivers state. Roads! 371 km, You are not making sense, is it compulsory you post? It is only gullible and half baked graduate turn spare part seller that can believe macjive. So delusional in your thinking

You are a moroooonnn, Is the OP not raising issues? Just keep your nonsense logic to yourself, fool,

Eko Ile:

I don't have to pay attention every idioti.c and moronic threads with bogus and absurd assertions.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by ektbear: 10:02pm On Jun 18, 2011
macjive01:

I do have my facts, im typing on my phone ATM wud flourish u with them when I get home to my lap top.

On it flawed per cap bench Mark, check this out , equatorial gunine is one of the richest countries in this world per capital, little oil revenue but far less population, yet the country is miserably poor. Despite the large per cap, the actual money the is way too small for meaning development .
In what sense is Equitorial Guinea poor? Do you mean high income inequality (wealth concentrated in the hands of the rich)?

Regarding development, it is developing faster than any other country in Africa, at least from what I've read. See this: http://www.economist.com/blogs/dailychart/2011/06/gdp-growth

2 Ex. India economy might be worth 1.trillion $, and population 1.2 billion, which gives us below $ 9000 per capital. while, Solomon island of 10,000 people and economy of misely $100million wud have a per capital of $10000, higher than indian!

Now does that means Solomon island is richer, shd b more developed?
Your math is bad dude, you are an order of magnitude off w.r.t. India. The #s for Solomon Island are wrong. I have no clue what point you are trying to make.

Absolutely no, their 100, million economy, despite turning out to give them high per capital might not be enough to build a decent stretch of road, let alone a university.
Do u now get my drift ekt-bear ?
Simply put, you are wrong. A country with a GDP/capita of $10k is almost always better developed/advanced than one with one of $1K. I doubt you'll be able to find any sort of counterexample (once you get your #s fixed).

So per capital doesn't matter, what matter is the actual gross. The available money for development . Back to your argument, hence Lagos has by far the highest revenue n potential yet our mediocre Fashala is gawking, nothing much to show for it. 
Wrong, wrong, wrong. Think about it a bit further (is it better to share 100 apples between 2 people or 1000 apples between 100 people?)

Since he has more or leas being gawking, doing nothing substantial, where is the money?       (abi, do we need to ask tinubu first ?)
You don't make any sense, have a flawed understanding of certain things about economics/business, and also haven't brought any data to support your points.

Return when you can address these issues.
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by phantom(m): 10:07pm On Jun 18, 2011
kai, una don start again? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Fashola Is Truly Mediocre. by macjive01: 1:51am On Jun 19, 2011
Simply put, you are wrong. A country with a GDP/capita of $10k is almost always better developed/advanced than one with one of $1K. I doubt you'll be able to find any sort of counterexample (once you get your #s fixed).

presenting my facts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/India
india has a GDP of $1.5 trillion but a per capital of a mere $1265

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equatorial_Guinea
while equatorial guinea has a GDP of $10.4 billion but a whooping $15401 per capital .

Hence in essence an Equatorial Guinea is 10 times richer than an India, and hence from ur flawed theory , Equatorial G. shd be 10 times more developed/advanced than India ? but its not. because that's not what counts.

So, bringing the argument to our Lagos n other states situation. Lagos might have even a lower per capital but it clearly does have far larger bigger largest gross of any state and therefore does have more available resources to develop the state comprehensively. Unfortunately our Gawking, sheepishly-smiling FASHOLA still has his fingers in his arse.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IG Cautions Nigerians On Xmas Gifts / Nigeria Will Rather Sink Than Osibanjo Becoming President - Waziri / NSCDC Arrests Four Suspects With 90,000 Litres Of Adulterated Fuel In Anambra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.