Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,417 members, 7,836,667 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition (13122 Views)

2023: End Of The Road For Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Bid? / 2023: Fresh Crisis In PDP Over Saraki’s Rumoured Presidential Bid / Bayelsa APC In Crisis Over Jonathan’s Influence On Transition Committee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by omoadeleye(m): 8:14am On Jan 12, 2022
Who are those divided? Or some people are divided because of Jonathan

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Pele10: 8:14am On Jan 12, 2022
jonathan go an rest

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by MT: 8:14am On Jan 12, 2022
He has the right to contest and I have the right to vote against him. Nigeria is fast lacking good leaders we can even choose from - Tinubu, Jonathan, Saraki, Atiku etc.

Jonathan, despite his holocaust years still toying with vying for the highest office again. Someone that in saner climes will be chilling in prison.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Victorclean1: 8:16am On Jan 12, 2022
It's better to have division for GEJ than to have confusion on why a frail looking Afunjaaaa drug kingpin come out, generating confusion with his insensible calculations.

The fear of GEJ is the beginning of Afunjaaaa political wisdom. Go GEJ go. Since two years ago, they have been running alround to prevent you. Even to the extend of voicing it out that you don't to come cos you will lose your reputation.

What has bullion van drug kingpin to lose if he contest?

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Ozinlex: 8:17am On Jan 12, 2022
I definitely will vote for him if he contest...he had some of Nigeria best brain at the time in government.
....and if you come here to tell me about corruption,you must tell me who among those that are jostling for the position that is less corrupt, otherwise support your candidate and let me support mine in peace.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Nicenixon: 8:17am On Jan 12, 2022
Make den leave my Jonathan alone, dem wan stain the small integrity the man get.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Bigchristo: 8:18am On Jan 12, 2022
valentineuwakwe:

Source: https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/12/2023-nigerians-divided-over-jonathans-rumoured-presidential-ambition/
He wants to ruin his reputation, Nigerians has hailed him as a hero but now he just want to throw all that away
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Bouncin(m): 8:18am On Jan 12, 2022
This man should just respect himself. He won't even win if decides to run so it will be a big disgrace.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Emmanuelellah: 8:18am On Jan 12, 2022
He won't lose respect if he won but if he lose, the respect is gone even if he still concede defeat
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by RPG2020(m): 8:19am On Jan 12, 2022
Nigeria youths don't have political affiliation

That's why the Old Men playing games
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Jackson105: 8:21am On Jan 12, 2022
Oghene1st:
Jonathan should contest. Southsouth want to battle it out with Southwest in APC while we do another one in PDP. Was it not Tinubu that aligned with the North to unseat Jonathan? Jonathan has decided to join him in the APC for the ticket so he shouldn't be scared.

The southwest should not behave towards Jonathan the way Igbos are behaving towards the ambition of Tinubu.

Tinubu is qualified to contest, and also Jonathan. Don't bring that excuse that Jonathan one tenure is a disaster for South. Oh! Working against him in 2015 was not a disaster for the South? You lie. The last time I checked, Southsouth is from the south. It is a game, so let us play it.

The Southsouth is ready for the game.
We are silent with our moves in every corner.
We are about to tell the southwest what sophistication is.
Silence is golden.

Noise from 5% grin
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by KunleyY19(m): 8:25am On Jan 12, 2022
If APC fields GEJ... It's walkover for Atiku I am sure BAT will support Atiku sef.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by opribo(m): 8:26am On Jan 12, 2022
Whoever knows this man should please go and warn him to keep off from that APC party before he tarnishes whatever is left of his goodwill. They only want to use him to bring credibility to an obvious evil and occult gathering called political party.

Please in the name of everything good dont fall for this trap.
if PDP does not want to field you again so be it, you've done your best.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by cly490(m): 8:26am On Jan 12, 2022
nairavsdollars:
No division. Nigerians are united in telling him to respect himself and not lose the small honour he has left. APC called him clueless in 2015, why are they lobbying him now?
......if I were Jonathan,I wouldn't contest but one thing is certain,he is better than Tinubu....Osibanjo would have been better but that's if the cabal will give him full control of the country.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 12, 2022
Hisbah21:
we have seen Jonathan 6years,alots of corruptions and insecurity. little capital developments, though compare to Buhari he is better.. but we need someone better,someone not from the family and friends cycle

The bolded is not possible. The only way to make the bolded possible is to kill all old politicians.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Kingcalls: 8:29am On Jan 12, 2022
Jonathan should not come out again....I'm a strong supporter ...but he should not come out
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by TheOgaBoss: 8:34am On Jan 12, 2022
Poopypants:
It’s his right if he chooses to contest .. anything is better than the old tinubu and worthless Bello.
Even though I’d prefer osibanjo rules.
I would prefer osibanjo too, but it seems even his own people (SW) don't want him.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by TheOgaBoss: 8:36am On Jan 12, 2022
HornyTave:
Make the Man go rest.
But e go funny me if APC field GEJ, I wonder How them go market am because according to them, then say na Gej be our problem,
and since he left office in 2015, who has been the problem?
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by LivingSage: 8:42am On Jan 12, 2022
I'm just wondering how Nigerians think. IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE cheesy

Those who suffered APC stability will open their eyes wide and this man will just pick APC ticket angry grin grin
uthlaw:
Post posting rumor....osibanjo,zulum,elrufai,fashola,amachi never see ticket,na dis otuake man dem go give ticket!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Poopypants: 8:46am On Jan 12, 2022
TheOgaBoss:
I would prefer osibanjo too, but it seems even his own people (SW) don't want him.
if his people don’t want him, then Hausa man it is. Atiku or saraki whomever chooses to contest.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by uthlaw: 8:47am On Jan 12, 2022
LivingSage:
I'm just wondering how Nigerians think. IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE cheesy

Those who suffered APC stability will open their eyes wide and this man will just pick APC ticket angry grin grin
just leave those PDP south East supporters, just predicting rubbish about 2023,even femi adesina will get APC ticket ahead of him,kayode fayemi,akeredolu,aregbesola,ganduje,wamakko never get ticket,even atiku will get APC ticket over him...he go just de post mumu talk!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 12, 2022
MT:
He has the right to contest and I have the right to vote against him. Nigeria is fast lacking good leaders we can even choose from - Tinubu, Jonathan, Saraki, Atiku etc.

Jonathan, despite his holocaust years still toying with vying for the highest office again. Someone that in saner climes will be chilling in prison.

The only reason why Jonathan's name is even in contention is because if he does become president, then power can return to the North after 1 term. The only people considering Jonathan are Northern hawks who want power to remain in the North but understand it will be difficult to pull of without igniting the country and therefore see Jonathan despite how abhorrent the idea as a plan B.........It's DOA.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:52am On Jan 12, 2022
Let the fool try it first.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by GeorgeTheCoder: 8:54am On Jan 12, 2022
perambulator:

The only reason why Jonathan's name is even in contention is because if he does become president, then power can return to the North after 1 term. The only people considering Jonathan are Northern hawks who want power to remain in the North but understand it will be difficult to pull of without igniting the country and therefore see Jonathan despite how abhorrent the idea as a plan B.........It's DOA.

Also, they know the payback in store for them if a southerner becomes president for two terms.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Maobichek: 8:55am On Jan 12, 2022
Oghene1st:
Jonathan should contest. Southsouth want to battle it out with Southwest in APC while we do another one in PDP. Was it not Tinubu that aligned with the North to unseat Jonathan? Jonathan has decided to join him in the APC for the ticket so he shouldn't be scared.

The southwest should not behave towards Jonathan the way Igbos are behaving towards the ambition of Tinubu.

Tinubu is qualified to contest, and also Jonathan. Don't bring that excuse that Jonathan one tenure is a disaster for South. Oh! Working against him in 2015 was not a disaster for the South? You lie. The last time I checked, Southsouth is from the south. It is a game, so let us play it.

Silence is golden.

Hmmmm!!! SW joined North against GEJ in 2015 so SS should do same to BAT?

Politics! Politics!! Politics!!!

The truth is obviously and is always before all of us: " Nigerian politicians are selfish and not just interested in party differences but their personal ambition."
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by oyoofong(m): 8:58am On Jan 12, 2022
This might be his worst mistake.The goodwill he enjoys now will evaporates.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Onuoha1234(m): 8:58am On Jan 12, 2022
False.Nigerians don't care.He is free to go and rubbish his nose!
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by kayusely70(m): 9:01am On Jan 12, 2022
Though I like Jonathan but he shouldn't fall into the trap and scheming of the northern cabal by contesting. This will shortchange the south from enjoying two terms. He should remain an elder statesman.
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Maobichek: 9:01am On Jan 12, 2022
HornyTave:
Make the Man go rest.
But e go funny me if APC field GEJ, I wonder How them go market am because according to them, then say na Gej be our problem,

Ali Modu Sharrif is in pool position to clinch APC chairmainship ticket. If he was called all manner of names when he was the PDP chairman and now have opportunity to contest for APC chairmainship position GEJ will be a saint once he join APC.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 9:04am On Jan 12, 2022
Oghene1st:

Silence is golden.

The south south can do better than Jonathan, if you are going to feild a SS candidate why not Amaechi? Personally I prefer Amaechi to Osinbajo and Tinubu and Amaechi can have 2 terms.

Nigerian needs a hard man who is progressive.

Tinubu is a hardman, Osinbajo is progressive but Ameachi is both. I am from the SW, my preference of all the gladiators is actually Amaechi or El Rufai. If you really care about moving the country forward and not obsession with tribal sentiments that does nothing for you, forget Jonathan he is a complete waste of space!!! I would rather even have Wike than jonathan!!!
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by Nobody: 9:06am On Jan 12, 2022
GeorgeTheCoder:

Also, they know the payback in store for them if a southerner becomes president for two terms.

huh? what payback?
Re: 2023: Nigerians Divided Over Jonathan’s Rumoured Presidential Ambition by slimghost(m): 9:11am On Jan 12, 2022
If Tinubu is the option, I’d gladly vote for Goodluck.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tax: Nigeria’s New Oil? / Oby Ezekwesili Celebrates Her 56th Birthday Today (Photos) / President Buhari Receives Asset Declaration Form From CCB Chairman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.