Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,344 members, 7,860,882 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:00 PM

Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year (6461 Views)

More Factories, Businesses May Shut Down As Diesel Hits ₦‎1,100/Litre / Fuel Scarcity Worsens, Abuja Black Marketers Sell For ₦350/Litre / Energy Crisis Set To Push Petrol, Diesel Prices Above ₦350/Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by Sniper101(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2022
same diesel wey be say, inside bush, men dey buy am 1k per 25litres grin
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by oyalunasamuel(m): 1:37pm On Jan 14, 2022
anigbajumo:
As a truck transporter, diesel is the main problem of our work these days coz the price is extremely high, from 220 in less than one year now it’s 350 naira per litre, it outrageous and unexpected at all. For the goods owner to add money for transport is another accoutre. When diesel was 220, I do carry goods worth 40tons to Abuja from lagos at the rate of 400k and I will use 1000 liters of diesel now they only add 60k Making it 460k with the same 1000 litres of diesel which is 350k now do the calculation, It’s a bad season for we truck/ trailer transporter. I will pay for agbero boys in lagos out of that 460k, my boys feeding allowance and still pay for tax on the road and soldiers and policemen will collect their own on the road (almost 20 checkpoints from Lagos to Abuja and the minimum money is #500 at each checking point), Honestly speaking it’s really a rigor time these days.

Honestly bro I can relate… I’m faced with the same problems, you haven’t even calculated the cost of your tires which have also risen significantly, and also parts.
Please send me an email let’s share ideas. Sam.james8891@outlook.com

2 Likes

Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by anigbajumo(m): 1:57pm On Jan 14, 2022
oyalunasamuel:

Honestly bro I can relate… I’m faced with the same problems, you haven’t even calculated the cost of your tires which have also risen significantly, and also parts.
Please send me an email let’s share ideas. Sam.james8891@outlook.com

Aiit bro, not even only tyre. To do normal service before na 27k now na change it will remain from 50k.
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by tommylee(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2022
Where are those that are in support of subsidy removal egg backbencher abi what is his name,that guy will only be talking theoretically and not thinking practically. He is thinking removing subsidy will help this damned nation, where all the leaders are so corrupt they don't see past their noses all they want is WETIN BE MY SHARE/CUT FOR INSIDE.
What we are seeing in the diesel side will be child's play compared with what will happen when all the greedy private marketers begin to determine price of fuel without govt intervention. Mark my words and today's date if this subsidy is removed crime rate,kidnappings,and death will rise to a level that will be too disastrous to imagine. I really pity this country they don't know want they are getting their hands into..........
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by ayenale1(m): 3:01pm On Jan 14, 2022
Too bad...and we have NLC...
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by Funkymode(m): 3:09pm On Jan 14, 2022
Well done Mr presido, you've shown those mumu that voted for you the stuff you're made of. Stupid cow from daura
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by tasalanoni(m): 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2022
anigbajumo:
As a truck transporter, diesel is the main problem of our work these days coz the price is extremely high, from 220 in less than one year now it’s 350 naira per litre, it outrageous and unexpected at all. For the goods owner to add money for transport is another accoutre. When diesel was 220, I do carry goods worth 40tons to Abuja from lagos at the rate of 400k and I will use 1000 liters of diesel now they only add 60k Making it 460k with the same 1000 litres of diesel which is 350k now do the calculation, It’s a bad season for we truck/ trailer transporter. I will pay for agbero boys in lagos out of that 460k, my boys feeding allowance and still pay for tax on the road and soldiers and policemen will collect their own on the road (almost 20 checkpoints from Lagos to Abuja and the minimum money is #500 at each checking point), Honestly speaking it’s really a rigor time these days.
Your truck must be a gas guzzler. I doubt the 1000litres for the trip. If you are really sincere with the consumption, check your nozzles and calibrate them very well. The cost of fueling is wiping out the entire revenue.
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by remizvxcq(m): 12:32am On Jan 15, 2022
Ritility Clearance Sale
You can just buy one of the job lots.

Lot1: Trinasolar TSM-270DC05A.082 270w Mono used 9# ₦315000

Lot2: Trinasolar TSM-250PC05A 250w Poly used 9# ₦292500

Lot3: Solarworld Submodule SW250 250w Mono Black used 8# ₦280000

Also, brand new & unused

Lot 4: JaSolar 330w Poly PV panels. Each 46.40Voc, 9# brand new units from pallet, ₦567000 lot

Lot5
1# Outback FlexMax FM80 150v 80A, MPPT Solar Charge Controller that's programmable for Lithium batteries, unused new in box ₦355000 each

Job lots!!
Which lots would you want to buy?

Whatsapp https:///2348133708089
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by BeardGangJnr1(m): 4:46am On Jan 15, 2022
Naso I enter Marco polo from Jos to Obollo Afor Enugu state, I paid 8k,
Omo d tin pain me Eeeenh... something of 4k or 4500 before undecided
I can't wait for Buhari's regime to finish
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by oyalunasamuel(m): 5:35am On Jan 15, 2022
anigbajumo:

Aiit bro, not even only tyre. To do normal service before na 27k now na change it will remain from 50k.

What is normal service? I’m really surprised ooh, I use two total 25k gallon of oil each costing 36k and oil and diesel filters about 13500, then you have to pay your mechanic 5k
it cost me about 90k for servicing. By the way what kind of truck do you use?
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by oyalunasamuel(m): 5:39am On Jan 15, 2022
tasalanoni:

Your truck must be a gas guzzler. I doubt the 1000litres for the trip. If you are really sincere with the consumption, check your nozzles and calibrate them very well. The cost of fueling is wiping out the entire revenue.

He isn’t far from the truth considering the tonnage, 40tons is a lot.
While my trucks use to ply lagos, the entire cost of diesel I usually give the driver is 830 liter and my stop point is auchi on return not back to lagos. So I agree with him
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by oyalunasamuel(m): 5:43am On Jan 15, 2022
Sniper101:
same diesel wey be say, inside bush, men dey buy am 1k per 25litres grin
You will only Kill your machines
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by anigbajumo(m): 7:03am On Jan 15, 2022
oyalunasamuel:

What is normal service? I’m really surprised ooh, I use two total 25k gallon of oil each costing 36k and oil and diesel filters about 13500, then you have to pay your mechanic 5k
it cost me about 90k for servicing. By the way what kind of truck do you use?

Lol, my oil and gas filter na 3k na man diesel (12tyres) I Dey drive, I buy oil treatment and pay for mechanic which is roughly 10k I Dey use forte oil.
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by Nobody: 10:39am On Jan 15, 2022
tommylee:
Where are those that are in support of subsidy removal egg backbencher abi what is his name,that guy will only be talking theoretically and not thinking practically. He is thinking removing subsidy will help this damned nation, where all the leaders are so corrupt they don't see past their noses all they want is WETIN BE MY SHARE/CUT FOR INSIDE.
What we are seeing in the diesel side will be child's play compared with what will happen when all the greedy private marketers begin to determine price of fuel without govt intervention. Mark my words and today's date if this subsidy is removed crime rate,kidnappings,and death will rise to a level that will be too disastrous to imagine. I really pity this country they don't know want they are getting their hands into..........

Well, the fact is,

1.Would you like it, if practically, government came set the prices of the things you sell as a businessman, and the price was set below the cost of what you bought the things for?

How then would you pay suppliers, etc etc?

2.I support subsidy removal not because of high prices, but because more investment= more jobs, more refinereis, more government savings, etc etc. Benefit for all long term

3.NIger Republic does not pay any subsides. They have a functioning refinery which exports fuel to at least 3 countries as a result...simply because the thing makes enough profit.

4.The funding for subsidy comes from revenue from oil, which is extremely volatile.,,and as such we don't get enough revenue (and projections indicate that oil prices will fall in the next few years).

If you have alternative sources of income to fund subsidy, tell the government so that we can keep it. RIght now, we don't , and even when oil was at $120 PER barrel, gej was struggling to pay subsidy, and we lost money, which is why I DON'T support subsides.
Re: Diesel Hits ₦350/Litre, Surges By 56% In One Year by Morningstarrr(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2022
This is the same diesel I used to buy at N120 per liter under Goodluck Jonathan. It shall never be well with buhari and all his supporters

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Tearing Daily Trust Newspaper Apart Over This (photo) / Who Is Sam Larry And What Is His Relationship With Governor Sanwo-Olu? / 'Though We Are From Different States, Nigeria Still Remains Our Continent'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.