Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 AM

Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State (47551 Views)

January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / Fidelity Bank Workers Protest Over Non Payment Of Salaries / Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by DirectTokunbo: 4:44am On Jan 15, 2022
He only went to work 2 or 3 times a week, in a standard system he shouldn't have been dropped a long time ago. Forget about the money, imagine the inefficiency his office would have suffered and the people probably inconvenienced by it. That's what he really should be apologizing about.
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by Solsix(m): 8:06am On Jan 15, 2022
DOTian:

It's not eye service. I think it has something to do with having conscience and worrying about where you are going. When you want to be in your Lords good book...
He didn't go to work on those days because of his health, unless he did not sort for permission, other I don't see any need for this refund.
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by TenQ: 11:24am On Jan 15, 2022
When you don't understand something, it is good to ask relevant question
JAMO84:
"You have heard me say to you, I am going away and I am coming back to you; if you loved me, you would rejoice, because I said I am going to the father, for my father is GREATER THAN I.
John 14:28

Why do you elevate Jesus to God level, when Jesus himself said that God is greater than him?
The answer you seek if truely you want an answer is in the scriptures and it's not about what Christians think!.

John 10:30:
"I and my Father are one."

John 14:8-9:
"Philip said to him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffises us. Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?"

The purpose of Christ is not to prove that He is God else His purpose of sacrifice for man will be defeated.

Phil 2:5-6:
"You should think about things the way Christ Jesus did. He existed in the form of God, but did not consider equal with God something to hold onto."

Even Mohammad didn't know what trinity is: do you think he does?
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by Treepower2000: 11:29am On Jan 15, 2022
Manspeaks:
One thing I have noticed in the comments section is that, there's a praise for the deceased for the act, and while others deride him. In all of this, though, there's one salient question: WHY WAS THE DECEASED NOT MAKING THE REFUNDS WHEN HE WAS ALIVE RECEIVING THE SALARIES?

I don't think he should have waited until death before the refunds especially that the burdens will now fall on his hapless family. There could be a real message if he had already set aside the refunds before his death.

The man was sick, needed treatment which may not be available from the government, needed to train his children and shelter so he borrowed the money from the government and invested on his children, so in a way he was right to ask his children to repay the loan which he might not have been given if he had requested for it through the proper channel.
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by monex(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2022
DOTian:

It's not eye service. I think it has something to do with having conscience and worrying about where you are going. When you want to be in your Lords good book...
exactly
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by Manspeaks(m): 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2022
Treepower2000:

The man was sick, needed treatment which may not be available from the government, needed to train his children and shelter so he borrowed the money from the government and invested on his children, so in a way he was right to ask his children to repay the loan which he might not have been given if he had requested for it through the proper channel.

Another angle. Perhaps possibly could or could not be the case. However, such amount is a huge one for his children to offset.
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by DOTian: 12:54pm On Jan 16, 2022
Tinyemeka:

Other parents would pass on and leave an estate in the form of wealth and fixed assets for their loved ones.

Another is leaving a debt of N11m for his loved ones to suffer and pay off and buy off his supposed salvation. Then they go forward to announce the deed on public media.

That is a special grade of hypocrisy for me.
Lol
Emeka, zukwanuike...
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by Tinyemeka(m): 4:52pm On Jan 16, 2022
DOTian:

Lol
Emeka, zukwanuike...

My brother, the thing gwuru 'm ike really.

1 Like

Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by Mahsums: 6:24pm On Jan 16, 2022
TenQ:

When you don't understand something, it is good to ask relevant question

The answer you seek if truely you want an answer is in the scriptures and it's not about what Christians think!.

John 10:30:
"I and my Father are one."

John 14:8-9:
"Philip said to him, Lord, show us the Father, and it suffises us. Jesus said to him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet have you not known me, Philip? he that has seen me has seen the Father; and how say you then, Show us the Father?"

The purpose of Christ is not to prove that He is God else His purpose of sacrifice for man will be defeated.

Phil 2:5-6:
"You should think about things the way Christ Jesus did. He existed in the form of God, but did not consider equal with God something to hold onto."

Even Mohammad didn't know what trinity is: do you think he does?
On the trinity
"
O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs." Quran 4:171
People of the scripture/book is a term in islam which refers to jews/Christians

"Those who say, “Allah is one in a Trinity,” have certainly fallen into disbelief. There is only One God. If they do not stop saying this, those who disbelieve among them will be afflicted with a painful punishment." Quran 5:73

More on Jesus

"They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers." Quran 5:72
"The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded." Quran 5:75
On crucifixion
"
and for boasting, “We killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of Allah.” But they neither killed nor crucified him—it was only made to appear so. Even those who argue for this ˹crucifixion˺ are in doubt. They have no knowledge whatsoever—only making assumptions. They certainly did not kill him."
Rather, Allah raised him up to Himself. And Allah is Almighty, All-Wise. Quran 4:157-158

More

"They say, " Allah has taken a son." Exalted is He! Rather, to Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. All are devoutly obedient to Him,"
"˹He is˺ the Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decrees a matter, He simply tells it, “Be!” And it is!" Quran 2:116-117

"It is not for Allah to take a son! Glory be to Him. When He decrees a matter, He simply tells it, “Be!” And it is!"
"˹Jesus also declared,˺ “Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him ˹alone˺. This is the Straight Path.” Quran 19:35-36
Conversation between God and Jesus on the day of judgment is covered in Quran 5:109-120 but let me drop verse 116 for you
"And ˹on Judgment Day˺ Allah will say, “O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you ever ask the people to worship you and your mother as gods besides Allah?” He will answer, “Glory be to You! How could I ever say what I had no right to say? If I had said such a thing, you would have certainly known it. You know what is ˹hidden˺ within me, but I do not know what is within You. Indeed, You ˹alone˺ are the Knower of all unseen." Quran 5:116.

Birth of Jesus is discussed in chapter 19 of the quran named after Mary the mother of jesus
Jews rejected Jesus the way Christians rejected Muhammad while Muslims accepted him as a mighty messenger of God and the MESSIAH. We also believe in his second coming(it was discussed in last Friday's thread)
If Jesus who had a mother was son of God then what about Adam who had neither Father nor mother?
If jesus was indeed son of God how comes none of the prophets/messengers from Adam Noah Abraham moses ETC down to Muhammad the last messenger preached/hinted about God having a son or the entire trinity, all of them preached the oneness of God?
Note: believing in Jesus is an article of faith in Islam,which means whoever(Muslim) rejects Jesus, its a one way ticket to hell no two ways about it
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by TenQ: 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2022
Mahsums:

On the trinity
"
O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers. And do not say, "Three"; desist - it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs." Quran 4:171
People of the scripture/book is a term in islam which refers to jews/Christians

"Those who say, “Allah is one in a Trinity,” have certainly fallen into disbelief. There is only One God. If they do not stop saying this, those who disbelieve among them will be afflicted with a painful punishment." Quran 5:73

More on Jesus

"They have certainly disbelieved who say, " Allah is the Messiah, the son of Mary" while the Messiah has said, "O Children of Israel, worship Allah, my Lord and your Lord." Indeed, he who associates others with Allah - Allah has forbidden him Paradise, and his refuge is the Fire. And there are not for the wrongdoers any helpers." Quran 5:72
"The Messiah, son of Mary, was not but a messenger; [other] messengers have passed on before him. And his mother was a supporter of truth. They both used to eat food. Look how We make clear to them the signs; then look how they are deluded." Quran 5:75
On crucifixion
"
and for boasting, “We killed the Messiah, Jesus, son of Mary, the messenger of Allah.” But they neither killed nor crucified him—it was only made to appear so. Even those who argue for this ˹crucifixion˺ are in doubt. They have no knowledge whatsoever—only making assumptions. They certainly did not kill him."
Rather, Allah raised him up to Himself. And Allah is Almighty, All-Wise. Quran 4:157-158

More

"They say, " Allah has taken a son." Exalted is He! Rather, to Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and the earth. All are devoutly obedient to Him,"
"˹He is˺ the Originator of the heavens and the earth! When He decrees a matter, He simply tells it, “Be!” And it is!" Quran 2:116-117

"It is not for Allah to take a son! Glory be to Him. When He decrees a matter, He simply tells it, “Be!” And it is!"
"˹Jesus also declared,˺ “Surely Allah is my Lord and your Lord, so worship Him ˹alone˺. This is the Straight Path.” Quran 19:35-36
Conversation between God and Jesus on the day of judgment is covered in Quran 5:109-120 but let me drop verse 116 for you
"And ˹on Judgment Day˺ Allah will say, “O Jesus, son of Mary! Did you ever ask the people to worship you and your mother as gods besides Allah?” He will answer, “Glory be to You! How could I ever say what I had no right to say? If I had said such a thing, you would have certainly known it. You know what is ˹hidden˺ within me, but I do not know what is within You. Indeed, You ˹alone˺ are the Knower of all unseen." Quran 5:116.

Birth of Jesus is discussed in chapter 19 of the quran named after Mary the mother of jesus
Jews rejected Jesus the way Christians rejected Muhammad while Muslims accepted him as a mighty messenger of God and the MESSIAH. We also believe in his second coming(it was discussed in last Friday's thread)
If Jesus who had a mother was son of God then what about Adam who had neither Father nor mother?
If jesus was indeed son of God how comes none of the prophets/messengers from Adam Noah Abraham moses ETC down to Muhammad the last messenger preached/hinted about God having a son or the entire trinity, all of them preached the oneness of God?
Note: believing in Jesus is an article of faith in Islam,which means whoever(Muslim) rejects Jesus, its a one way ticket to hell no two ways about it
You can see how your Qur'an has confused your understanding of the phrase Trinity.

Let me break it down for you.
1. Trinity is NOT three God's but One singular God.
2. Trinity is NOT God, Jesus and Mary as the Qur'an/Allah puts it. Is it?
3. Trinity is a description of the COMPLEXITY of the One God Almighty as
The Father (as the Mind of God)
The Word (as the Command of God)
The Spirit (as the Power of God)

These three are the IDENTITIES of the One single Eternal God.

Have you seen any Christian who think that he serves three Gods?
Meaning that your understanding is skewed.

Even Islam teaches the duality of humans unknowingly.
Is this untrue?
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by Mahsums: 6:47am On Jan 17, 2022
TenQ:

You can see how your Qur'an has confused your understanding of the phrase Trinity.

Is this untrue?
The Quran didn't mention marry as an entity of the trinity. It just mentioned that there are people worship marry, and a Christian friend confirmed to me that catholics worship marry.
The trinity is know is
TenQ:

Is this untrue?
1 the Father
2 the son(Jesus,I assume he was the one you referred to as the word)
3 holy spirit/ghost
Each entity being independent as God. The father is not the son, the son is not the holy spirit and the holy spirit is not the Father. But you still say 1+1+1=1 not 3.not even the pope could explain that. I've read about someone who left Christian because he had many question especially about the trinity and the reply he gets was always "have faith".
Please answer my questions on Adam and why all prophets before Jesus preached absolute oneness of God and none preached/hinted that God had a son/trinity.
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by TenQ: 1:14pm On Jan 17, 2022
Mahsums:

The Quran didn't mention marry as an entity of the trinity. It just mentioned that there are people worship marry, and a Christian friend confirmed to me that catholics worship marry.
The trinity is know is
This is what the quran says with respect to trinity
Quran 5:116
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me (Jesus) and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

Okay, According to Allah or the Quran, who are the members of the Trinity the quran forbid you of?

Mahsums:

1 the Father
2 the son(Jesus,I assume he was the one you referred to as the word)
3 holy spirit/ghost
Each entity being independent as God. The father is not the son, the son is not the holy spirit and the holy spirit is not the Father. But you still say 1+1+1=1 not 3.not even the pope could explain that. I've read about someone who left Christian because he had many question especially about the trinity and the reply he gets was always "have faith".
You should have asked me to explain this simple concept to you if it is confusing

Mahsums:

Please answer my questions on Adam and why all prophets before Jesus preached absolute oneness of God and none preached/hinted that God had a son/trinity.
All Christians preach the ABSOLUTE ONENESS OF GOD with no exception!
If you don't understand, ask!
I may even use Islam to explain it to you.

Son of God is a TITLE of the Messiah!
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by Mahsums: 9:53pm On Jan 17, 2022
TenQ:

This is what the quran says with respect to trinity
Quran 5:116
And behold! Allah will say: "O Jesus the son of Mary! Didst thou say unto men, worship me (Jesus) and my mother as gods in derogation of Allah'?" He will say: "Glory to Thee! never could I say what I had no right (to say). Had I said such a thing, thou wouldst indeed have known it. Thou knowest what is in my heart, Thou I know not what is in Thine. For Thou knowest in full all that is hidden.

Okay, According to Allah or the Quran, who are the members of the Trinity the quran forbid you of?

You should have asked me to explain this simple concept to you if it is confusing

All Christians preach the ABSOLUTE ONENESS OF GOD with no exception!
If you don't understand, ask!
I may even use Islam to explain it to you.

Son of God is a TITLE of the Messiah!
1 churches preach the doctrine of trinity which logically does not qualify as monotheism because God is inseparable though you still refer to it as monotheism but clearly all the entities exist independently as God. After all my question was about previous prophets not churches which you haven't yet answered
2. You cant disprove quran 5:116 because catholics worship many.
3 Title?U must be kidding. You guys take jesus as son of God and God(and worship him also)its not just a title dont deny the obvious man
4 no one created God(the father as u call him) but he created both Jesus and the holy spirit. So whatever is created is not god and is not worthy of worship
5 Don't forget to answer my question about Adam the the prophets before jesus. In fact its the question i would like you to attend to first.
Re: Baba-Aji Mamman Refunds N11 Million Unearned Father's Salaries To Yobe State by TenQ: 10:17am On Jan 18, 2022
Mahsums:

1 churches preach the doctrine of trinity which logically does not qualify as monotheism because God is inseparable though you still refer to it as monotheism but clearly all the entities exist independently as God. After all my question was about previous prophets not churches which you haven't yet answered
Like I said, your comprehension of spiritual things is mundane.
Logically, Trinity makes good sense both scientifically and spiritually.

Trinity is not saying that God is separable: What Trinity says is that
God is the Father
God is the Word
God is the Holy Spirit

Like I said, even though not developed as a theory Islam too teaches at least DUALITY (if not trinity) BUT honestly, your understanding is mundane!

Mahsums:

2. You cant disprove quran 5:116 because catholics worship many.
If I tell you that Muslims bow down to the Kaaba, would that be correct?
If I tell you that Muslims worship the black stone in the kaaba, would that also be correct?

So also Catholics DO not worship any other God apart from Jehovah. The exact same thing you do to the Kaaba or the black stone is what they do with Mary and the other saints.

Mahsums:

3 Title?U must be kidding. You guys take jesus as son of God and God(and worship him also)its not just a title don't deny the obvious man
John 1:14
14 The Word became flesh (human) and made His dwelling among us. We have seen His glory, the glory of the one and only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth.

The same God who is the WORD became human who is known on earth by the name Jesus/Yehoshua

Your wisdom will be complete when you stop reducing God to the level of ONE ITEM in the name of "Oneness of God".

How come God is ONE and yet is closer to each one of us individually than the jugular vein on our neck?
Mahsums:

4 no one created God(the father as u call him) but he created both Jesus and the holy spirit. So whatever is created is not god and is not worthy of worship
If you had read the Taurat, Igneel or the Zabur that came before Mohammed, you would have understood that GOD is SPIRIT that is referred to in the Scriptures as "THE HOLY SPIRIT".
God did NOT create Himself, He Had ALWAYS existed.

As per Jesus, the Scripture is very clear:
THE WORD (God) became FLESH (Human)

The WORD is Uncreated.

Mahsums:

5 Don't forget to answer my question about Adam the the prophets before jesus. In fact its the question i would like you to attend to first.
Adam was not a Prophet.
Adam was a patriarch!

Can you please repeat the question?

And would you answer mine too? (you have not addressed a single question I asked you)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

HND Holders: How Late Is Too Late For A BSc? / 13 Pictures That Are Too Real For New Salary Earners!!! / Nigerian Breweries Salary Structure: Salary Of Nigeria Breweries PLC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.