Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,186 members, 7,815,142 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers (31463 Views)

Troops Destroy Massive Illegal Refinery In Delta State (photos) / Rivers Lockdown: FG Hits Wike; Police Commissioner, Air Force Base Commander In / Rivers: How Wike’s Police Details Brutalised Us —injured Soldiers Read More At (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Minjim: 7:46am On Jan 15, 2022
Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has issued a 48-hour ultimatum to the 23 local government chairmen to provide a comprehensive list of illegal refineries and their operators within their jurisdiction.

Wike gave the ultimatum at a meeting with the council chairmen and heads of the Nigerian  Army, Nigerian Air force,  Nigerian Navy, Nigerian Police, the Directorate of State Service and the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps at Government House on Friday.

The governor challenged the council chairmen to prove they were not complicit in the noxious business that had continued to threaten the health of Rivers people and the national economy.

The governor stated that as a responsible government, it would be unwise for them to fold their hands and do nothing to safeguard residents of the state from the death forced upon them by criminally-minded operators of artisanal refineries.

Special Assistant to the Governor on Media, Kelvin Ebiri, stated this in a statement released to journalists in Port Harcourt.

“Now, every council chairman must go and identify where illegal refineries are taking place. If you identify one, you get N2m. So, go and identify as many as you can.
“I will pay N2m for each one. And I am going to fight against this. Our people are dying and we owe our people the responsibility to protect them, to save them from death they never caused.

“So, you must, and you’re given 48 hours to go and identify all illegal refineries sites, and those who are in charge of them,” Wike stated.

The governor emphasised that any of the council chairmen who was afraid to join in the fight against the criminals operating the illegal refineries should be ready to resign.

Wike, however, frowned on security agencies for the role some of their personnel had played in aiding and providing cover for the operators of the illegal refineries in the state.
The governor urged the State Police Commissioner, Eboka Friday, to redeploy out of the state a particular DPO in Emohua Local Government Area operating an illegal refinery in the area.

“It’s unfortunate for this country how security people will be involved in illegal bunkering. I can’t believe it. Mr. CP,  I thank you for transferring the DPO in Rumuji, who owns a refinery. But the man must leave here, not transferred. He must leave this state.

“I can’t be governor here and security man owns an illegal refinery. No, it is not possible…the man has to go. Take him to wherever they allow bunkering,” Wuke stated.

Governor Wike directed the CP to immediately arrest  Chief W. J. Wocha, Fubara Ohaka, and chief Promise Ezekwe, who have been fingered for operating illegal refineries deep inside the forest of Ibaa community in Emohua Local Government Area.

The governor further urged Commandant of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Rivers State command, to immediately transfer its personnel in charge of vandalization of pipelines in the State.

“Transfer the man, and tell him to leave. He is a complete saboteur. I mean, how can security men be the one involved in this. What kind of country are we?”

https://punchng.com/dpo-owns-illegal-refinery-in-rivers-says-wike/

62 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by insidelife22(m): 8:07am On Jan 15, 2022
I concur

47 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Crowwejihadist: 8:10am On Jan 15, 2022
Bj

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by inoki247: 8:13am On Jan 15, 2022
Before nko go see doz yeye custom for border d way dem dey carry imported rice enta country with confidence....

Na the Law enforcement agency dey disobey the law pass....

171 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Crowwejihadist: 8:13am On Jan 15, 2022
This man balls is made of steel unlike one governor from my region.

[quote author=Minjim post=109381686]

“It’s unfortunate for this country how security people will be involved in illegal bunkering. I can’t believe it. Mr. CP,  I thank you for transferring the DPO in Rumuji, who owns a refinery. But the man must leave here, not transferred. He must leave this state.
“I can’t be governor here and security man owns an illegal refinery. No, it is not possible…the man has to go. Take him to wherever they allow bunkering,” Wike stated.

100 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Promxy94(m): 8:13am On Jan 15, 2022
Many things are happening in this Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Solsix(m): 8:14am On Jan 15, 2022
Nah this kind man fit Nigeria

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by enochogaga(m): 8:14am On Jan 15, 2022
Strong man

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Nobody: 8:14am On Jan 15, 2022
Noted
Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Highways: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2022
100% true... Probably the reason why they were getting full security to destroy our climate.... He should be sentenced to jail

77 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Isupaefugbemi00(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2022
Una dey see life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Jamiubond009(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2022
grin

1 Like

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Dailymice: 9:02am On Jan 15, 2022
lipsrsealed
Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by flemsy15(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2022
Lolz, We call it 'multiple streams of income'

9 Likes

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Odidigboigbo(m): 9:02am On Jan 15, 2022
Not far from the truth, all security agent I know that works in Focados oil pipeline in Delta state, are living large. Imagine a police constable owning a big hotel in Warri?
Unfortunately, both security officers and politicians are into this business. The Chairmen themselves made their money from the business and they are still into it despite gaining so much from it and attaining political position.

Government have a long way to go. Apart from health hazards this Kponfire might cause, I don't blame the guys doing it, because of political and economic imbalance in the country.

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by alizma: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2022
Most of the problems we have in this country can be resolved if the people in authority will sincerely rise to address them.
Since this campaign against illegal refinery operators, the soot in Port Harcourt has drastically reduced because some of them have abandoned their illegal refinery to avoid being captured. The issue now is how long can this be sustained?
A DPO is caught running an illegal refinery and the CP just transferred him to another place, a man that should be arrested and charge appropriately without delay.

102 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Eduwattt: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2022
Can u imagine

3 Likes

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Toscarel: 9:03am On Jan 15, 2022
Hahahahhahaah na em side hustle na, if em retire now em go dey beg una for pension

1 Like

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by CodedWealth(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2022
Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by otokx(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2022
We need action in Nigeria not words, kudos to the governor.

16 Likes

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by RichDad1(m): 9:03am On Jan 15, 2022
Let’s blame Buhari for not paying police salaries. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by princepee: 9:04am On Jan 15, 2022
So what the Cp could do to a dpo that was involved in illegal activity is just transfer
No arrest, no prosecution.
Just transfer.
And we say naija go better?!

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Breastfeed: 9:04am On Jan 15, 2022
Hmmm, the table has shaken, those wey go fall go fall

1 Like

Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by haconjy(m): 9:04am On Jan 15, 2022
When will verify good news come from this country?
Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by Anyahuruagu: 9:05am On Jan 15, 2022
Take him to wherever they allow bunkering.

� � � � � �
Re: Wike: Police DPO In Rumuji Owns An Illegal Refinery In Rivers by obembet(f): 9:05am On Jan 15, 2022
Everybody know that.. all of them

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Full Speech: Buhari Addresses The 70th UN Assembly (Photos) / PDP Breaks Into Two Factions / Two FRSC Officers Shot In Abia By Security Aides Of Top Govt Official's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.