Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. (116818 Views)

Cross Cultural Marriage:interesting Tweets From White Lady Married To A Nigerian / Historical Sites In The Bende And Cross River Regions (photos) / Meeting! Topic: Is Our Culture A Curse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by sukieboy(f): 5:46pm On Dec 10, 2007
Oje Barie oooo Akpakip Oro!!!!
Ibibio Isongo!!!
Barie Efik Eburutu!!!!
O jei Barie Uruan Inyang Atakpo!!!!
Annang Agid Isongo!!!!
Eket idiodiong oooo!!!!!!
Ibeno tieghi!!!!
O oo h! oooooooooooooooooooo

Ami nnu oyo Akpakip Oro Ukpabang (Ami ndo ayin Akpakip Oro Ukpabang Okpo cheesy)

Ami nkoh offid offid efooooooo (Ami mme kom afid afid mmbufooooooo)
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by ell77(f): 12:39am On Jan 08, 2008
ukokeekong:

Zequisha,

I will happily teach you the language.

Write to me: qi1t@yahoo.com

Hi can you teach me too. My dad is from Oron in Akwa Ibom but he doesn't remember much.

Sosongo
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by sylvex(f): 5:50pm On Jan 08, 2008
kojeiwa:

Can i call a girl from Akwa Ibom a calaber girl?

Nope! Personally i dont find it funny when i'm being called that (Calabar). There's a difference btw Calabar and Akwa-Ibom. Calabar consist mainly of the Efiks while Akwa-ibom the Ibibios, though we are all classify as one. But if anyone calls me calabar girl i dey tell am say I be Typical Ibibio Lady and proud to be one
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 6:40pm On Feb 08, 2008
wow! I didn't realize there were that many pple of CRS/AKS origin on here cool
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by amsky(m): 7:29pm On Feb 08, 2008
akwa ibom isongo o!!!!!!

ikot essien ima!!!!!

well,i'm not from there,but my hubby is so what does that make me??
I love you all. kiss kiss kiss kiss i know a few words anyway eg
Ifoko
ndidia kuenge
nsusen?
ikperikpe grin
tinkoriko cheesy
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 8:22pm On Feb 08, 2008
For those of you who may not know, I took the liberty to create 2 websites aimed at promoting Akwa Ibom State and her culture:

1) http://www.geocities.com/myibibio

2) http://www.akwaibomnewsonline.com

Spread the news and send me your suggestions cheesy
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by EmemJU(f): 4:31pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ Kojeiwa
people tend to generally categorise Akwa Ibom Girls/people as calabar, this stems frm d long intertwined history bw us and d fact that we r submeshed in CRS and only Carved out as a state some yrs back, generally, since we r of the same kin, why not

@ Poster
i take great exception to Adiaha Babes being xterized as trashy, Great Exception, it raised my ire

Granted ., there was always rivalry bw d three skuls, but i always thot it healthy
i really liked the post but that,

@ all my people,
mmekom mbufo-o-o, much love
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Beline(f): 5:11pm On Feb 12, 2008
Ndito  eka emedi oooooooooooooo,

mmo emi edude ke obio mbakara ye mme mmo emi edude ke isong obio esong idem. Nda ifet emi nkpe kpukpru mbufo ubok nte ebiet kiet ekedide emi mbufo esobide ye ndito eka mbufo ya owo oku udip idem esie, koro uwak ndito eka nnyin mmi iyomke ndibuana idem mmo ye ndito eka mmo, emi anam ima iduhe ke ufut nnyin.

se nwanade nditing edi ya nnyin idiana ke ima koro ima obo obio

Mkparawa isongo
nka iferi eno uyo ooooooooooooooooooo
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by wanitas(f): 7:25pm On Feb 15, 2008
mighty glad to find this thread,

ndito eka , mme kom -o-, yak Abasi odion afid owo, yak afid se ubok atuk adi nam anwo usung

@ poster
pray do tel, how Adiaha obong girls were and stil r thrashy
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by CALIBOY(m): 8:49pm On Feb 16, 2008
UFOK ME KOMOOO! MY PARENT HAIL FROM ITU LOCAL GOVT. BUT I CONSIDER MY SELF MORE OF AN AKWACROSS, SPECIFICALLY, EFIK/IBIBIO. I LOVE OUR EXOTIC DIALECT, CULTURE AND FOLKS. WE`RE ALL BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE N THAT`S WHY THE REST OF OUR NIGERIANS BROTHERS ENVY US. BUT ALWAYS REMEMBER THE WISE SAYING, (IF YOU DO NOT KNOW WHERE YOU GOING TO, DON`T FORGET WHERE YOU`RE COMING FROM)
lUV Y`ALL

I LIVE IN FINLAND, A SCANDINAVIAN COUNTRY WHERE EDUCATION, FROM NURSERY TO UNDERGRADUATE LEVEL IS ABSOLUTELY FREE,(NO TUITION) DON`T GO WAIST YOUR MONEY IN LONDON, COME TO FINLAND FOR PROGRAMS IN ENGLISH, ADMISSION IS STILL IN PROGRESS. FOR MORE INFO DON`T HESITATE TO CONTACT ME.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO TRY THIS SITE THOUGH, HTTP://FINLAND.CIMO.FI(DISCOVER FINLAND) .

TALK TO Y`ALL SOONEST, ! wink
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by CALIBOY(m): 9:00pm On Feb 16, 2008
OUUMMMM, ! BETTER STILL GO TO, http://www.admissions.fi

ASIEREEEE OHHH
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by CALIBOY(m): 9:10pm On Feb 16, 2008
UFOK,

NOT ONE OF YOU WOULD WANT TO MISS THIS, IT`S ALL ABOUT EFIK/IBIBIO LANGUAGE, NAMES, PROVERBS, DICTIONARY, TALES AND JOKES, http://www.geocities.com/myibibio/

A NICE STEP FORWARD EHHH!
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 1:01pm On Feb 17, 2008
Caliboy,

Do you know Mfon Ekwere? He is in Finland as well. We grew up together and chat very often. If you don't would like to add him to your list of buddies, send me a YIM at udotot25 (k'usak now grin).
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ndipe(m): 12:13am On Feb 18, 2008
Thanks for the information@caliboy. I just did some research on your claims, and yup, education is free in Finland. Interesting.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/05/AR2005080502015_pf.html

Wanita, you live in Timbuktu?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 12:59am On Feb 18, 2008
Weeell, not to go off topic tongue

Education in Finland isn't and can't be free - when next you get your pay check, take a look at how much is taken out of your paycheck. Even if you aren't paying for it, someone else is. If you are in the latter department, then though your education may be free (which I doubt especially is you have stuff like sales tax, property tax, etc some of the monies of which goes towards education, but I digress), it is at the cost of someone else's taxes.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ndipe(m): 1:33am On Feb 20, 2008
Monkey dey work, baboon dey chop
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Beline(f): 11:21am On Feb 21, 2008
my2cents:

Caliboy,

Do you know Mfon Ekwere? He is in Finland as well. We grew up together and chat very often. If you don't would like to add him to your list of buddies, send me a YIM at udotot25 (k'usak now grin).

udotot fiok nte asanga ooooooooooo, ama asin eyen owo idip kpak odo ke odu udo, esinde nnan idip odo nnan, edi immum odo kpak enye. kpeme nte akamade nkpo utot fo mbak enye oku nsin fi ke iko ooooooooooooooooooooooo

ntin nte eyen eka nno fi oooooooooooooooo
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 11:51am On Feb 21, 2008
LOL Beline,

Seriously though, if udotot the masquerade mm'isinne awo idip, then why should I? cool

The name is just an attention-grabber, so get your mind out of the gutter tongue

Altogether now, letz sing the song, "udotot tot nanga ase tot (repeat 10 times)" LMAO!!
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Beline(f): 12:19pm On Feb 21, 2008
my2cents:

LOL Beline,

Seriously though, if udotot the masquerade mm'isinne awo idip, then why should I? cool

The name is just an attention-grabber, so get your mind out of the gutter tongue

Altogether now, letz sing the song, "udotot tot nanga ase tot (repeat 10 times)" LMAO!!

Well, talking about getting one's mind out of the gutter. i don't think my mind was dirty at all but just want to go along with the name udotot.  mind you, don't let the name follow you as goodluck followed your vice president LOL
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by snazzydawn(f): 9:17pm On Mar 07, 2008
iya mmi!!! ewak ntom? akpene ami nke di mi o! mmekom ooooo!!!!
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 11:32am On Apr 09, 2008
Akwa Ibom State in Pictures: http://www.akwaibomnewsonline.com/akwa-ibom-photos/

Enjoy!
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ndipe(m): 9:52pm On Apr 09, 2008
Thanks@my2cents. Hey, do you know your alma mater, Aunty Margaret is on facebook?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 10:59pm On Apr 09, 2008
Ndipe,

Akpene o! Mkpo abono die?

I didn't know about Aunty Margaret being on facebook. I just ran a search but cdnt find it. Could you send me a URL? I look forward to sharing it with fellow alma mater.

Thanks in advance.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ndipe(m): 11:43pm On Apr 09, 2008
Here is the link

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2795181350

Mine, Unical staff school is also there, and I tell you, it's so fun reminiscing with some of my former mates on the board. Honestly, it brings back floods of memories living in Nigeria.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 1:38am On Apr 10, 2008
Abong awo sosongo,

The Internet is indeed very powerful. Why someone in Naija didn't think of such a site before oyibo sef, I no go know.

It appears aying usop because amedibe tutu grin
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ndipe(m): 1:58am On Apr 10, 2008
My2cents, you are welcome. Still around. Nna, it is really fun reuniting with those people. Now, I have to question why I hold so much attachment to Unical staff school, despite the passage of decades. Now, when I think about it, it's like the memories of those days has overshadowed those of secondary school (it was fun no doubt) and college (still fun). Chei, I remembered kids riding their bikes at the neatly manicured lawns of the staff quarters at Unical Staff school. I remember crossing over the mini highway to the canteen to buy snacks. Those places were posh. Abeg, afo ake dung ke uke ke Calabar?

Shey, I tell you say my cousins been live for housing estate. Times have changed, people have moved on, but sometimes the memories lingers.
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by my2cents(m): 12:10pm On Apr 10, 2008
Well, you attended the school and so you have some form of attachment.

During my visit last year I visited Aunty Margaret and noticed that it was undergoing renovation. It has always been my dream to get the alumni together and organize a fund-raising to benefit the school cos after all, without that school as a foundation, I probably wouldn't be where I am today. Not to mention, getting the alumni together could probably yield massive networking opportunities wink
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ndipe(m): 11:55pm On Apr 10, 2008
Have you been in touch with any of your mates? Three of my classmates at Staff school are on facebook. You know say facebook also get FGC, IK group?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Cee0: 7:22am On Jun 19, 2008
Does any know where i can find an Efik to english dictionary?
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by pinaroll: 2:54pm On Jun 24, 2008
Mbok esit aneke anem adikit topic ami, Akan, sazzy, mme kom mbufo eti eti, mbufo ebake mmo? ami mba ke portharcourt nam utom ke telecoms company. mbok send email address mbufo eno mbak mail mbufo directly.

Esit aneke amen tutu sosongoooooooooooooo
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by pinaroll: 3:04pm On Jun 24, 2008
Ndipe ye my2cents mbok eyem ndito charles walker eno mien. me nie me ufan ekebaha ke aunty margaret ye hillside even staff scool but a depend on the year mbufo ekemaha ufoknwed
Re: If You Are From Cross River Or Akwa Ibom, This Topic Is For You. Sosongo. by Ndipe(m): 1:47am On Jun 25, 2008
Nke kwene nwed ke the 80's. Ufan mfo akere die?

My2cents,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (23) (Reply)

Simple Yoruba Words / Phrases And Sentences? / Yoruba Mythology / Ogoja, Cross River Where Cameroonian Mothers Iron Their Daughter's Breast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.