Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,888 members, 7,851,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 11:16 AM

2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima (780 Views)

2023: Senator Shettima Selected As Tinubu’s VP, APC NWC Member Reveals / 2023 Presidency: I Deserve The Right Of First Refusal – Atiku To PDP NWC / 2023 PDP Ticket: Wike & His Right Of First Refusal, Port Harcourt Boy Mentality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by DamnnNiggarr: 5:17pm On Jan 17, 2022
2023: Tinubu must be given choice of first refusal – Senator Shettima
Senator Kashim Shettima has said the national leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Tinubu must be given a choice of first refusal as the 2023 presidential election approaches.

Shettima who was a former Governor of Borno State stated this, Monday while delivering a keynote address at the Support Group Conference in Abuja.

The former governor said it was commonsense for the presidency to return to the south after eight years of President Muhammadu Buhari.

He added that “in 2015, some aspirants with a very huge war chest were itching to cling the ticket of the APC, like the rock of Gibraltar. Asiwaju and his progressive team stood solidly behind the candidate of President Muhamadu Buhari. My simple question distinguished ladies and gentlemen is, where were the new members of what I call: ‘The Buhari’s Church of Later Days Saints’ where were they. We knew where their political loyalty lay in that particular convention when President Muhamadu emerged as the presidential candidate of the APC. Where were they?

“Some people say everything goes in politics, not everything goes in politics. We shall have minimal thresholds below which we won’t operate and the irreducible minimum is that after eight years of Presidency in the North, the logic, common sense, equity, justice and fairness demands that power should move to the Southern part of the country and who is better qualified? Asiwaju Ahmed Bola Tinubu should be given the choice of first refusal. More than any other person, he has sacrificed more for this democracy, for the APC.”

Shettima added that the mudslinging that has trailed Tinubu since his presidential bid was a mere acknowledgement of his political track record and inimitable influence on the political scene.

He pointed out that attempts at weaving ridiculous fiction to override the history witnessed by all, demonstrated the detractors’ utter desperation and cowardice.

He said he was not asking Tinubu’s critics to tone down critical assessments of their future leaders, but added that they are not preparing for the Olympics, nor is the president a Bricklaying exercise.

He said Tinubu’s credentials aren’t only appealing, they are proof of the qualities the country needs to redeem its vast potentials and possibilities.

Shettima noted, “One of such is the mischievous fixation on his age and the wild conclusions that he’s physically unsuitable for the Office of the President. This obsession characterizes the thinking of those who have no understanding of Asiwaju’s incredible work ethic.

“Those who seek to make us go low hope to present the presidency as a brick-laying exercise. But that’s the work of a machine created by an idea, and who else to guide us towards manufacturing the best ideas to redeem this country?

“To derail us at this point is a futile ambition. The conversations we are prepared for aren’t pedestrian obsessions with the mundane but comparisons of ideas and track records of service to the nation.”
https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/17/2023-tinubu-must-be-given-choice-of-first-refusal-senator-shettima/

Mynd44 lalasticlala Oam4j

Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by Xscape1993(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
Curse be upon all those who are nursing any idea of wishing Nigerians old creature as president after the political disaster of 2015. Why are majority of blacks don't see far? How can a normal human being be wishing Nigerians retrogression? A man that is above 80 years for president when we are still licking the wounds of the 2015? Some persons in this country need urgent medical examination. I will stand solidly behind any digital aspirant from any part of the country as president.

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by kinzation(m): 5:18pm On Jan 17, 2022
If he's given that choice
You think he'll say No
And everyone shout kumbaya

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by HereAtIt(m): 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2022
Tinubu's song right now:

Matters arising Dem talking my matter
Free advertising I don't need to bother...

Checkout my signature to claim free $$...don't be too busy with these polithiefcians and forget to make cool $$. This is real and at no cost. Just make sure you have data connection.
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by DamnnNiggarr: 5:20pm On Jan 17, 2022
shocked
May the best man for the job win!
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by ERockson: 5:23pm On Jan 17, 2022
At this juncture I want to ask Tinubu haters how far shocked
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by mrvitalis(m): 5:25pm On Jan 17, 2022
Oh please we remember 2015 very well

We remember people who bought tickets for tambuwal to contest untill he was begged to run for governor

Are the agreement he reached with atiku that led him to have stale in intels

Tinubu should stop with all the he stop by Buhari 100% ...it was after the primaries we took a stand

Ameachi was the one who sacrificed the most for APC ...his money defeated atiku dollar for dollar

Ameachi bailed out osun single handedly for rascal to win the election

If anyone deserves first refusal for standing by Buhari it's ameachi and el rufai

Well I don't think north forgets sha
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by Lubumbashi: 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2022
Tinubu doesn't need favouritism. Let his opponents enter the ring with him. Jagaban Borgu already has his tentacles spread across the length and breadth of the country. He is getting enormous approval everyday, one Ibo businessman recently donated two private jets to Asiwaju campaign. The NE, NC, NW, SW,SS are all turned on for BAT. We hope the SE that is locked down by IPOB will join soonest.

Tinubu issa goal cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by slivertongue: 5:45pm On Jan 17, 2022
APC wahala na their business
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by slivertongue: 5:46pm On Jan 17, 2022
APC is a personal estate of a few
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by yorubarere: 5:47pm On Jan 17, 2022
Amen to this prayer. cheesy
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by Maxymilliano(m): 5:48pm On Jan 17, 2022
APC does not belong to Tinubu - Orji Kalu cool
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by LegendHero(m): 5:50pm On Jan 17, 2022
mrvitalis:

[s]Oh please we remember 2015 very well

We remember people who bought tickets for tambuwal to contest untill he was begged to run for governor

Are the agreement he reached with atiku that led him to have stale in intels

Tinubu should stop with all the he stop by Buhari 100% ...it was after the primaries we took a stand

Ameachi was the one who sacrificed the most for APC ...his money defeated atiku dollar for dollar

Ameachi bailed out osun single handedly for rascal to win the election

If anyone deserves first refusal for standing by Buhari it's ameachi and el rufai

Well I don't think north forgets sha[/s]

Stop saying nonsense.

1 Like

Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by shigishege: 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2022
Hear clean English grammar this man was speaking. Later those flat-headed galla-selling-boys will say hausa don't go to school. Whereas na wipers themselves dey sell for ikeja traffic
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by shigishege: 6:00pm On Jan 17, 2022
Maxymilliano:
APC does not belong to Tinubu - Orji Kalu cool
why orji kalu come dey panic because of tinubu then
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by DamnnNiggarr: 6:42pm On Jan 17, 2022
Lubumbashi:
Tinubu doesn't need favouritism. Let his opponents enter the ring with him. Jagaban Borgu already has his tentacles spread across the length and breadth of the country. He is getting enormous approval everyday, one Ibo businessman recently donated two private jets to Asiwaju campaign. The NE, NC, NW, SW,SS are all turned on for BAT. We hope the SE that is locked down by IPOB will join soonest.

Tinubu issa goal cool
if I may ask you, would Tinubu's government be better than Buhari's government??

Just be sincerely in answering the question.
Re: 2023: Tinubu Must Be Given Choice Of First Refusal – Senator Shettima by mrvitalis(m): 7:07pm On Jan 17, 2022
LegendHero:

Stop saying nonsense.
I double dare you to disprove any of those things if u are a man

(1) (Reply)

IPOB: Those Killed In Anambra Are ESN / Can Someone Tell Me One Way Osinbajo Has Made Life Better For Nigerians? / IPOB: We Won’t Force Non-igbo Tribes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.