Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? (16500 Views)

Are Jehovah's Witnesses Tied To Freemasons? / Lagos Saves Baby From Jehovah’s Witnesses Over Blood Transfusion / Who Are Jehovah’s Witnesses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 5:40am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
What policies are you talking about?

Had you know the policies I am talking about you would have answered that common denominator question long before this time.

Looking at the write up used to create this thread, I knew it is just copy and paste from the numerous books and publications of that religious organization.

Since you are not aware of the policies they use, the HLC e.t.c . Go and do your research.

God asked you to abstain from POTATOES but you decide to extract the STARCH to cook starch soup and banga. Are you really abstaining from POTATOES telling God I only need the starch.

What will your explanation be when God asked you why are using starch obtained from those they you call DEVIANTS grin grin
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 6:31am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:

Blood is blood whether you ate it, transfused it or drank it. No be the same body e de go?
Leviticus 17:10,14 didn't just say abstain from blood.
When we're talking about FAITH many will like to relate with faithful servants of God in Bible times but the fact remains that FAITH in itself is not a possession of all kinds of people! 2Thessalonians 3:2
Only Jehovah's sheep will be drawn close to the truth even Jesus can't do anything but to work on those drawn by the truth of God's word! John 6:44 smiley
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 7:05am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Are you a fraudster and you masturbate cos God no write am for Bible? If you no know Dem be sin ask the little kids at church.

Well i don't think you're aware that I'm not a JW. So their policy is what I'm going after next.

Good news be say i don know say Trinity and hell fire and immortal soul na false doctrine and i can defend that anywhere.

Are you a fraudster and you masturbate cos God no write am for Bible? If you no know Dem be sin ask the little kids at church.

Mature food belongs to those who have trained their minds to distinguish distinguish good from evil.

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

Kids don't have mature minds to know the length and breadth of the issue under discussion here. No be seresere matter Oga.

Well i don't think you're aware that I'm not a JW. So their policy is what I'm going after next.

You better do so when you start reading the policy ask what fraction of fornication is a personal choice and based on conscience that the Bible gives allowance for. Where in the Bible is allowance given for blood component transfusion.

Good news be say i don know say Trinity and hell fire and immortal soul na false doctrine and i can defend that anywhere

No be you go be the first person to talk am not the last. Many don reach that level before you. What you call truth and false doctrines cut across religious denominations. Put that in your notes.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by achorladey: 7:37am On Jan 20, 2022
MaxInDHouse:

Well Jesus returned in spirit to this planet in the year 1914 and all the religions claiming Christian had gone off course {Luke 18:8} that's why Jesus chose a small group of people known back then as "International Bible Students Association" because they are the only group ready to make amendments out of thousands of sects claiming denominations in Christendom. Matthew 24:45
Jesus began using God's Holy Spirit to right their wrong, they began making amendments in their former beliefs until his father accepted this group and changed their group name to "JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES" in 1931 {Isaiah 65:15}
Today that is the one and only group that have fulfilled the prophecy written in the Bible book of Isaiah 2:2-4 and repeated at Micah 4:1-3
Jesus said anyone who failed to accept this group will not be able to find any performing group better than this group, what you will continue saying is "there is no organized group of people practicing pure worship" so each of you will be scattered spiritually speaking as you're contradicting one another {Luke 11:23} while Jesus' group will have the same line of thought globally despite being an organization of imperfection humans everyone will know that there is LOVE, JOY and PEACE permeating their gathering! John 13:34-35

If i ask you now: are you a Christian?
You will say "YES"
But there is nothing like Christianity in the absence of a group of worshipers because Jesus only associate with a group of people not individuals! Matthew 18:20
What is the group name of the organization you join in worshiping your God?

Now answer mine

And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

Where was Jesus in spirit before 1914?

And has that Jesus being with his disciples from there and then till now?

Matthew 18 20 For where two or three gather in my name Jesus not Jehovah cheesy cheesy, there am I with them.”
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 9:21am On Jan 20, 2022
If you can't accept that masturbate is a sexual sin and cybercrimes are sins against God, i believe i have wasted my time responding to your comments.
I asked simple question but you were quoting Paul's Epistles that doesn't even relate. Sexual sin na sexual sin.
The problem is many of you will be claiming that you're filled with the holy spirit

I don't really know your problem about the JWs bro. Abstaining from blood transfusion is even easier than believing God is three person cheesy cheesy
Mixing another person's blood with mine would be abominable to God. The laws are there.
Blood transfusion even has complications. Some have died cos of massive whole blood transfusion. Some have even contract diseases.
There are other alternative to blood transfusion. And bloodless surgery can be carried out.

Why do you keep asking foolish questions? Is there any form of transfusion at all in the Bible?

achorladey:

Mature food belongs to those who have trained their minds to distinguish distinguish good from evil.

Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming.

Kids don't have mature minds to know the length and breadth of the issue under discussion here. No be seresere matter Oga.

You better do so when you start reading the policy ask what fraction of fornication is a personal choice and based on conscience that the Bible gives allowance for. Where in the Bible is allowance given for blood component transfusion.

No be you go be the first person to talk am not the last. Many don reach that level before you. What you call truth and false doctrines cut across religious denominations. Put that in your notes.

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 9:35am On Jan 20, 2022
Lol you don't believe abstaining blood transfusion so why would that be your concern?
The don't tranfuse any of the four primary component or whole blood.

"Depending on the condition of the patient, physicians might prescribe red cells, white cells, platelets, or plasma. Transfusing these major components allows a single unit of blood to be divided among more patients. Jehovah’s Witnesses hold that accepting whole blood or any of those four primary components violates God’s law. Significantly, keeping to this Bible-based position has protected them from many risks, including such diseases as hepatitis and AIDS that can be contracted from blood.

Platelets can be processed to extract a wound-healing factor. And other medicines are coming along that involve (at least initially) extracts from blood components. Such therapies are not transfusions of those primary components; they usually involve parts or fractions thereof. Should Christians accept these fractions in medical treatment? We cannot say. The Bible does not give details, so a Christian must make his own conscientious decision before God."

achorladey:

Had you know the policies I am talking about you would have answered that common denominator question long before this time.

Looking at the write up used to create this thread, I knew it is just copy and paste from the numerous books and publications of that religious organization.

Since you are not aware of the policies they use, the HLC e.t.c . Go and do your research.

God asked you to abstain from POTATOES but you decide to extract the STARCH to cook starch soup and banga. Are you really abstaining from POTATOES telling God I only need the starch.

What will your explanation be when God asked you why are using starch obtained from those they you call DEVIANTS grin grin
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 9:37am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
If you can't accept that masturbate is a sexual sin and cybercrimes are sins against God, i believe i have wasted my time responding to your comments.

He is battle prepared to stay awake throughout the night as long as you're dropping the water from the tip of your finger.
Father Abraham (Jehovah God) told the rich man that Lazarus can't cool his thirst because of the chasm between them {Luke 16:24-26} so don't think his restlessness is curable.
Just continue thanking Jehovah that the seed of truth has grown beyond what Satan's agents can extinguish in you! Matthew 13:4 cheesy

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 9:44am On Jan 20, 2022
How did you know there wasn't tattoo then. Of course there was.
I mean your opinion or condemnation doesn't matter or change anything. What matters is JWs fully obeying Jehovah.

There are other alternatives to blood transfusions. Jehovah is the greatest physician. JWs put their trust in him and they are always happy and hope for the new world where sickness and death will be no more.

Dtruthspeaker:

That is not an answer, tattoos had not yet been invented yet it was covered.

Therefore, you can not prove that blood transfusion is eating and drinking.

If our thoughts did not matter then you would have left your beliefs in the protection of your mind and not brought it here.

But now that you see that you can not reasonably substantiate your belief, you are now attempting to defend yourself by playing the personal card.

You can not do so for you, by yourself, exposed your indefensible belief and now that you can not defend it, you are simply retreating in failure.

So saying our thoughts do not matter, is not a defence but clearly a proof of running away and your inability to defend your belief.

In other words you now confess rather than defend your that you have the power to commit self murder! Which is very True!

Like I said, The Holy Judge will judge these things.

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 9:47am On Jan 20, 2022
That makes God a senseless person for giving out the law if it's impossible to eat meat without blood.
Your personal is respected but doesn't change God's law and view bout blood

tctrills:
What about touching it or seeing it or talking about it? Are these also against your law? God's law was about eating blood. I don't think we have the power to add to it no matter the church we represent.
Just in case you did not know, you can't eat meat without eating blood. It is just imposible.

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2022
cheesy cheesy tongue
MaxInDHouse:

He is battle prepared to stay awake throughout the night as long as you're dropping the water from the tip of your finger.
Father Abraham (Jehovah God) told the rich man that Lazarus can't cool his thirst because of the chasm between them {Luke 16:24-26} so don't think his restlessness is curable.
Just continue thanking Jehovah that the seed of truth has grown beyond what Satan's agents can extinguish in you! Matthew 13:4 cheesy
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Rosement(f): 9:55am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Let say God prohibited the drinking of alcohol for christians, don't you think taking it via any means like injecting it to your body would violate His order?

JWs take medications and use the hospital but they don't just take in blood in any form. If the only way was blood transfusion, they wouldn't go for it cos they believe that even if they die, they will resurrected and meet their loves one again in the future.
I'm not yet a JW. I haven't been baptized.

You can't say that it's a dogma, it's clearly a Bible concept.

While growing up, my perception bout
the JWs is bad cos of what i hear bout them. But it's not alright to judge things base on peoples opinion. Find out yourself.

Christianity today is not in pure form. Our beliefs are influenced by Roman Catholic dogmas.
But the JW strives to find and believe only the Truth.

Even if you have not done jw baptism that doesn't mean you are still a Christian, Christianity is claimed by Faith not by going to Church. You are already a member of jw by belief, the only thing missing now is your jw baptism. You are free to preach your belief but you have no right to criticize or debate other people's religion. Christianity and jw are different.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by MaxInDHouse(m): 10:03am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:

That makes God a senseless person for giving out the law if it's impossible to eat meat without blood.

You remind me of what my first Bible study conductor said the first time he saw me debating with my neighbours about the truth.
He said:

"i can't explain how this is happening but i can tell you that God's active force is now working with you because the way you're quoting God's word and replying this people with efficacy keep amazing me. How can i prove to anyone that you barely started studying the Bible few months ago?"

"When they bring you in before public assemblies, government officials, and authorities, do not become anxious about how or what you will speak in defense or what you will say, for the holy spirit will teach you in that very hour the things you should say" Luke 12:11-12 smiley

1 Like

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 11:06am On Jan 20, 2022
What's Christianity my sister or brother?

Rosement:

Even if you have not done jw baptism that doesn't mean you are still a Christian, Christianity is claimed by Faith not by going to Church. You are already a member of jw by belief, the only thing missing now is your jw baptism. You are free to preach your belief but you have no right to criticize or debate other people's religion. Christianity and jw are different.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:

My point is simple, God was never talking about blood transfusion or getting blood into your body. He was clearly talking about having a meal out of the blood. So we all can stick to that rather than adding new laws and guidelines. If God was against blood getting into the body in any form, then he would have commanded us not to eat meat. Its hypocrisy to support the eating of meat and be against blood transfusion.

Forget my opinion, let's talk about god's opinion.
Is God against touching blood? Is he against seeing blood? When he said to abstain from blood was he specific or are we now to pick or decide what he meant?
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Workch: 11:12am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:

There's no evidence that God exist in the first place and your Christian laws are your worldview and doesn't in any way means its correct
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 11:19am On Jan 20, 2022
You added new guideline by saying it's impossible to eat meat without blood
That's your opinion bro.
If you ate blood or drank it, where will it go no be body?
Whether you drink or eat or inject blood na same thing.

God never talked bout masturbation or abortion or internet fraud, does it mean they aren't sin?

tctrills:
My point is simple, God was never talking about blood transfusion or getting blood into your body. He was clearly talking about having a meal out of blood. So we all can stick to that rather than adding new laws and guidelines.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2022
I don't argue with atheists. The big bang na just theory.
Workch:
There's no evidence that God exist in the first place and your Christian laws are your worldview and doesn't in any way means its correct
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Rosement(f): 11:22am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
What's Christianity my sister or brother?

Are you always absent-minded in Church? You have been attending Church since all these years and you still don't know the definition of Christianity. If I explain Christianity to you in a day, how will you understand? I don't want to fetch water into a basket so I will not even try to impart knowledge into you.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Workch: 11:25am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
I don't argue with atheists. The big bang na just theory.
yes, is a theory which by definition in science is a fact.
a

And let me help you, there's still no evidence for your God

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 11:29am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
That's your opinion bro.

God never talked bout masturbation or abortion or internet fraud, does it mean they aren't sin?

No, it's not a new guideline but a fact. You cant eat meat without taking in blood. You don't believe that? It's not my opinion its a fact you cant eat meat without taking in blood. The arteries, veins, and capillaries still have blood in them
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 11:33am On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
That's your opinion bro.

You clearly are not getting my point. I have nothing against eating meat. I am only telling you that if blood transfusion is wrong, so is eating meat because both would get blood into your body. For me, I am ok with eating meat and blood transfusion. Do you understand me now?
Also, you should abstain from touching blood and the list goes on and on.
God spoke about murder, stealing, and lust.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 12:03pm On Jan 20, 2022
Bro i understand you clearly.
But your still saying it's impossible to eat meat without blood. Or what did you mean by this ; I am only telling you that if blood transfusion is wrong, so is eating meat because both would get blood into your body.

Because God clearly go against eating meat with blood and commanded the Israelites to drain blood out of animals properly, which means it's possible to eat meat without blood.

So if blood transfusion is wrong, eating meat is not wrong when you drain out the blood properly.

Touching blood couldn't be wrong cos it's not going into your body.
Obviously God spoke bout abstaining from blood too, so avoiding blood transfusion is also abstaining from blood.
tctrills:
You clearly are not getting my point. I have nothing against eating meat. I am only telling you that if blood transfusion is wrong, so is eating meat because both would get blood into your body. For me, I am ok with eating meat and blood transfusion. Do you understand me now?
Also, you should abstain from touching blood and the list goes on and on.

Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 12:09pm On Jan 20, 2022
Once the animal had been bled and the blood drained properly, the blood left in the veins or arteries doesn't matter.

tctrills:

No, it's not a new guideline but a fact. You cant eat meat without taking in blood. You don't believe that? It's not my opinion its a fact you cant eat meat without taking in blood. The arteries, veins, and capillaries still have blood in them
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 12:11pm On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Bro i understand you clearly.
But your still saying it's impossible to eat meat without blood. Or what did you mean by this ; I am only telling you that if blood transfusion is wrong, so is eating meat because both would get blood into your body.

Because God clearly go against eating meat with blood and commanded the Israelites to drain blood out of animals properly, which means it's possible to eat meat without blood.

So if blood transfusion is wrong, eating meat is not wrong when you drain out the blood properly.

Touching blood couldn't be wrong cos it's not going into your body.
Obviously God spoke bout abstaining from blood too, so avoiding blood transfusion is also abstaining from blood.
God spoke about abstaining from blood so is touching blood a sin?
Again it's impossible to drain all the blood out of meat. the red color of your meat comes from The protein myoglobin in the blood. There is no known way of removing blood completely from meat. The cells of the muscles at every moment are filled with blood. You cant drain that away.
If blood transfusion is wrong why then eat meat since both ways, you get blood into your body.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Dtruthspeaker: 12:13pm On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
How did you know there wasn't tattoo then. Of course there was.
I mean your opinion or condemnation doesn't matter or change anything. What matters is JWs fully obeying Jehovah.

There are other alternatives to blood transfusions. Jehovah is the greatest physician. JWs put their trust in him and they are always happy and hope for the new world where sickness and death will be no more.

As long as the record here has shown that you people have been given reasonable opportunity to explain and defend your belief but you failed.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 12:15pm On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
Once the animal had been bled and the blood drained properly, the blood left in the veins or arteries doesn't matter.

Research shows that Approximately 60% of blood is lost at sticking (bleeding), 20-25% remains in the viscera (in spleen, liver, kidneys, etc.), while a maximum of 10% may remain in carcass muscles (the 'meat')
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 12:16pm On Jan 20, 2022
God is spirit, no matter what you do you can't get the evidence. Leave evidence of God for people wey believe in God.
How would you get evidence for something you don't believe exists at all? Definitely your looking for nothing.
If any scientist can perform a BigBang experiment in a laboratory and produce a living creature, I'll believe you.
I didn't exist randomly, nature was planned by someone.

Workch:
yes, is a theory which by definition in science is a fact.
a

And let me help you, there's still no evidence for your God
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 12:17pm On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:

You just proved me right, you are not against taking blood into your body, you are only against eating blood directly as food. So let's not create new laws. If you are ok with eating blood in veins and arteries you really have nothing against transfusion. Also, hope you are against eating liver because the liver comprises almost 30% blood
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by cornelboy(f): 12:19pm On Jan 20, 2022
I believe christians are those that follow the teaching of Christ.
Why would you say JWs are different from christians?

Rosement:

Are you always absent-minded in Church? You have been attending Church since all these years and you still don't know the definition of Christianity. If I explain Christianity to you in a day, how will you understand? I don't want to fetch water into a basket so I will not even try to impart knowledge into you.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 12:28pm On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:

Is God against eating of liver?
The liver holds about 1 pint (13%) of the body's blood supply at any given moment. The liver has 2 main parts (lobes).
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by Rosement(f): 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:
I believe christians are those that follow the teaching of Christ.
Why would you say JWs are different from christians?

jw have their own personal bible and there doctrine is different from Christian doctrine. Their description of Christ is even different, so it is possible their own Christ is different from ours.
Re: Are Jehovah Witnesses Right About Their Belief Against Blood Transfusion? by tctrills: 12:50pm On Jan 20, 2022
cornelboy:

You see, both of us agree that God commanded we bleed and drain animals before eating but It stops there. Let's not add new laws that make no sense because we only end up getting confused. If we can eat meat knowing it still has blood in it then why create a new law banning transfusion?
If God's purpose was for us not to take any blood into our body, he would have ban meat, clearly, that wasn't his purpose. We are not smarter than God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (52) (Reply)

Was Man Created Before Satan Rebelled Against God or After? / Mistakes Most Christians In Nigeria Make / Stop Abusing God And Talking About Him Carelessly!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.