Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,304 members, 7,811,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence (21033 Views)

Kelechi Madu Asked To Resign Over Traffic Violation / Kaycee Madu Appointed Justice Minister In Canada / Kelechi (Kaycee) Madu Wins Election In Canada (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by HonNL: 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2022
Many have reached out to me wanting to know the circumstances of the ticket that I received and my subsequent call to the Edmonton Police Service Chief, Dale McFee. I have issued a formal statement to the media. The premier has also issued a statement on his planned course of action.

On the morning of March 10, I was scheduled to meet with the media at the Rotunda of the Legislature before Question Period to address their questions and speak to matters concerning the Lethbridge Police Service.

Minutes after leaving my home on my way to the Legislature, I was pulled over by an officer of the Edmonton Police Service.

The officer indicated that he had observed me driving while distracted, alleging that I was on my phone. I disagreed, stating that I was not on my phone, as it was in an inside pocket. To be absolutely clear my phone was inside the left hand side pocket of my suit and I was wearing a winter jacket. I identified myself and drove away.

Later, I spoke to Chief McFee to share the experience I have just had, and specifically for two reasons.

First, due to the timing of the incident, I wanted to ensure that I was not being unlawfully surveilled following the Lethbridge Police Service controversy, and in particular given the fact that I was on my way to Legislature on a day that I was meeting with the media to address and answer questions around calls for action to deal with the ongoing issues at the Lethbridge Police Service.

Second, I also raised concerns around profiling of racial minorities that was in the media at the time and wanted the hear about my own experience. As Minister, these are concerns that were constantly being brought to my attention. The reason why I was proceeding in the Legislature with Bill 63 to ban carding which I tabled for first reading on April 7, 2021. I wanted to share this personal experience and encounter with the Chief of Police.

Chief McFee assured me that that was most definitely not the case, and I accepted him at his word.

I want to be abundantly clear, at no point did I request that the ticket be rescinded. I can assure that in my life I would never do any such thing.

That said, with hindsight now I can see how that may be perceived. There is a saying that perception is everything in politics, and I regret raising the issue at all with Chief McFee.

I paid the ticket fully and promptly. In my role as the Justice Minister and Solicitor General, I have worked diligently to ensure we build a province in which all of us - no matter the circumstances of our birth, economic, religious, social or cultural background can feel respected and welcomed. That’s the definition of my own life and I will continue as long as I have the opportunity and privilege to do so.

Finally, I have always defended the men and women who put on the uniform to serve. I have the utmost respect for them, and for the invaluable, often thankless role they perform.

With all these in mind, I am one that always hold myself accountable for my actions. I respect the Premier's direction for me to take a temporary leave of absence pending the outcome of the independent investigation.

Kaycee Madu

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Moferere: 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2022
IpobAntidote:
Excuses as usual.
apache22b:
Ipob miscreant
He has explained himself, anybody with contrary claims should come out.
And I am of the opinion that he shouldn't be brought down at all cost.
This is happening to Madu today, tomorrow it might be Moferere.
Let's be guided undecided

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Fizzyflexi: 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Autossolutions: 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
w
Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by maestroferddi: 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Sensible man...

Nofin do you ..

All those praying for your downfall will watch as you soar higher and higher...

I seriously doubt that a man of your standing would be taking a call while driving knowing that it is a serious traffic infraction in the West.

It is not Nigeria where lawlessness is the normal....It is easy to track calls received via your phone to ascertain whether you were taking or making a call at the material point in time.

More powers to your elbows...Keep upholding excellence, hardwork, integrity and selflessness over there in Canada...

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Yankiss(m): 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hmmm. This is a different planet o. Can u imagine this type of story in Nigeria? Well, this is a typical - the law respects no one scenario. I only hope he is not being victimized or profiled.

16 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by apache22b: 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ipob miscreant

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by IpobAntidote: 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
Excuses as usual.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Judolisco(m): 12:30pm On Jan 19, 2022
do u know who i am ? don put dis one for wahala....for Abuja small scratch on ur car u go dey hear stuffs like is like u don't know who u are talking to oh

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by osuofia2(m): 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
smiley
Oh Africa... I can bet with my left balls that if this had happened in Nigeria, Nothing would have happened. He will probably not resign
Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by GeneralOjukwu: 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
grin

I dislike Buhari... he's a total failure that didn't even benefit Katsina not to talk of the North.

But the guy get "reversal" jazz.

This IPOB lawyer dey bark like dog, see where it landed him.

Those who wished Buhari dead, many didn't outlive even his 1st Term.

Mindless hate gets you nowhere. Mazi Madu...chestbeat no more.

We welcome you back to Biafuro to become Attorney General

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by shigishege: 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
Okoro don suffer for Canada

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Ddokie: 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
In Nigeria, a man neck deep in terrorism is a serving minister, being defended by the FG and his tribesmen (including some disgusting nairalanders), but in Canada a minister is asked to resign because he called a police chief to discuss an offence he was accused of committing.

Na wa o.

I'm sure some of the hopeless Nairalanders that were supporting the terrorist minister are here asking for the neck of KC madu.

Hopeless country.

10 Likes

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by sisog70069: 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Chai wetin be this

1 Like

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Ghozky(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2022
Well, we've now heard your own side of the story.
Let's see how it plays out.

I can't wait to leave this country.

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by KingAzari: 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
Ollz
Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by SenatorCorleone: 12:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
No matter how big you grow outside your motherland. Something always reminds you you’re not at home. These guys you rush to their countries don’t like you. For every higher position you attain, they feel you’re taking a slot meant for them. They will always treat you with disdain and still give you the plastic smile.
Let’s grow our own place so our kids don’t have any reason to leave to where they’re not wanted.

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by MARKone(m): 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Nigeria Politicians left the Group chat.. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by nick50(m): 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Intelligent man ,God is on ur side..different from the arrogance displayed on daily by our useless political class together with thier errand dogs called police

5 Likes

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by MVLOX(m): 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
When the system actually works.....

1 Like

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Eriokanmi: 12:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
Racism spotted. How can a bloody african become a Chief Justice in the white dominated clime?....in their mind.

Come to lagos where alausa staff would hit the BRT lane while lastma officials would simply look on. But rush at anyone who follows the law breakers behind, arrest him and make him pay through his nose. Lol.

4 Likes

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Indispensable85(m): 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
This is how it is in civilized climes.
Nigeria is a big zoo.

3 Likes

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by FreeStuffsNG: 12:35pm On Jan 19, 2022
nick50:
Intelligent man ,God is on ur side..different from the arrogance displayed on daily by our useless political class together with thier errand dogs called police
His apology was an afterthought wink

1 Like

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Shetemi12(m): 12:36pm On Jan 19, 2022
K
Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Antoeni(m): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Every armed robber in Igbo land is now a freedom f!ghter.

He will enforce sit at home

Then he will rob and kidnap

The next day, he will preach Biafra at the market square

Once he identifies Onyendu as his personal lord and saviour, all his sins are washed away.

All the armed robbers and kidnappers in Igbo land now fly the flag.

They will decimate the police in the name of biafra

Then they will dispossess other Biafrans

Snatch their cars. Sometimes snatch their lives.

That's where we are.

When the army catches them , they will become victimised Biafran youths arbitrarily arrested by a high handed military intent on crushing a legitimate quest for self determination.

Ohaneze will issue a statement

But before they are picked up , they will continue to masquerade as freedom f!ghters and ransack the land.

That's where we are.

In a hard place.

4 Likes

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by 0stewart: 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Okay
Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by Indispensable85(m): 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
SenatorCorleone:
No matter how big you grow outside your motherland. Something always reminds you you’re not at home. These guys you rush to their countries don’t like you. For every higher position you attain, they feel you’re taking a slot meant for them. They will always treat you with disdain and still give you the plastic smile.
Let’s grow our own place so our kids don’t have any reason to leave to where they’re not wanted.

You think every country is useless like your Nigeria? Even the president is under the law in civilized country. Bill Clinton has been fined before for breaking traffic rules.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traffic Violation: Kaycee Madu Reacts, Agrees To Take Temporary Leave Of Absence by SarkinYarki: 12:37pm On Jan 19, 2022
Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

INEC will soon release report on PVCs found buried, it’ll be shocking / Aso Rock Policemen Protest "Discriminatory Allowance"- The Punch / What Will Happen If President Buhari Attempts To Rig 2019 Elections- Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.