Stats: 3,151,814 members, 7,813,684 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees (34278 Views)

Tinubu Announcing Payment Of WAEC Fees For All Lagos Students In Year 2000 / Bola Tinubu Promises Free WAEC Fees For Every Nigerian Child If Elected / We’re Against Atiku For Promising To Restructure Nigeria –ACF Secretary, Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Nemere2020: 6:06pm On Jan 19, 2022
Some Nigerians on social media have bashed Bola Ahmed Tinubu, National Leader of the All Progressives Congress (APC), after he was seen in a video promising to pay the West African Examination Council (WAEC) fees of Nigerian students.

Tinubu, who last week revealed his ambition to run for president in the 2023 election, said his party will crush poverty and make lives easier for Nigerians.

However, his promise has sparked outrage among Nigerians who aired their opinion Wednesday on Facebook.

“In this century a Presidential aspirant talking of paying WAEC fees. Affliction will not rise again in Nigeria,” Olamobisi Robert Akinlolu said.

“That’s not the issue now. Insecurities, inflation and nepotism are more important than WAEC fees sir.

“Some parents don’t even have children in secondary school. No water in most places. May the Lord please help Nigeria to get the right leaders,” Dele Erastus Akinmeyi said.

“Scam. Dem don come again with empty promises. Fulfil d ones una promise us since 2015 first. No conscience in this Nigeria again,” Henry Chidozie Celestine said.

“This man doesn’t know that APC has exhausted Lying bundles fa! There is nothing he is going to say that would be taken seriously.

“Imagine the man that gave us a man that put us in this kind of situation wants to come and finish us,” Onah Chekzy said.

“Don’t be deceived, this is how APC in 2015 promised, you can see what is happening today, killing of human beings, fuel increase, high cost of all food items, high cost of electricity bills, no good road, don’t allow APC to come back, the nation’s debt is on the increase daily.

“What will APC offer ?” Zeal Ndubuisi queried.

“Another dead body as our next president, it can’t happen,” Danladi Musa said.

Tinubu, speaking about his ambition, had described it as a lifelong aspiration, dismissing the belief that a kingmaker cannot be king.

https://dailypost.ng/2022/01/19/nigerians-bash-tinubu-for-promising-to-pay-students-waec-fees/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1642611492

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by celeiyke: 6:08pm On Jan 19, 2022
First to comment. I dedicate this to the good Nigerians who say No to Tinubu

597 Likes 46 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by LegendHero(m): 6:09pm On Jan 19, 2022
These ones are confused.

What is bad in the FG paying WAEC fees? At least some governors are currently doing that for their states so I don’t get where all this grievances from so called Nigerians are coming from.

It is this same Nigerians that were complaining that Jamb fees should be scrapped, now someone wants to pay WAEC fees for student and they are wailing again. It seems everyone is confused in this country.

He has done it before for Lagos. Tinubu was one of the first governors to pay state student WAEC fees and he even extended it to non-indigenes in Lagos during his term as governor.

He also mentioned insecurity that needs to be tackled in that video so I don’t know why these so called bitter Nigerians are fuming over what he said using insecurity as an excuse.

https://allafrica.com/stories/200404290230.html

164 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by inoki247: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tears go full everywhere lik Beach water.....

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by CyynthiaKiss(f): 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
That WAEC payment is the funniest and the most archaic campaign strategy I have ever seen grin angry cheesy

286 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by ggood: 6:10pm On Jan 19, 2022
Buhari promise Nigerians more this and he didn't redeem any of his promises, Tinubu will never be President we are wiser now.

The drug Baron Fulani ass licker will never rule Nigeria.

250 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by LegendHero(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
CyynthiaKiss:
That WAEC payment is the funniest and the most archaic campaign strategy I have ever seen grin angry cheesy

Why is it archaic, could you please share the reason?

132 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Jack005(m): 6:13pm On Jan 19, 2022
I have always said that this man is buhari 2.0 . What Nigerians needs is not an analogue person for president but digital one for that matter.. Please let us all not make the mistake of buhari again else na die we dey.

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Ahmed0336(m): 6:14pm On Jan 19, 2022

Those bashing, if Tinubu Emerged victorious let them reject this offer and pay for their wards waec.

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Jack005(m): 6:15pm On Jan 19, 2022
LegendHero:
These ones are confused.

What is bad in the FG paying WAEC fees? At least some governors are currently doing that for their states so I don’t get where all this grievances from so called Nigerians are coming from.

He has done it before for Lagos. Tinubu was one of the first governors to pay state student WAEC fees and he even extended it to non-indigenes in Lagos during his term as governor.

He also mentioned insecurity that needs to be tackled in that video so I don’t know why these so called bitter Nigerians are fuming over what he said.

You have never criticised Tinubu.. Does it mean that he doesn't make mistakes? Does it mean that he is perfect? If it was Jonathan, atiku or Peter obi that made this statement, you and your likes would have insulted him.. Your hypocrisy stinks.

203 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Hungerbadoo: 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
Election never reach this man don the cap fire

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Kaiser20: 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
With a person like outdated Tinubu as APC presidential candidate any opposition party can easily win the election

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by LegendHero(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
Jack005:
You have never criticised Tinubu.. Does it mean that he doesn't make mistakes? Does it mean that he is perfect? If it was Jonathan, atiku or Peter obi that made this statement, you and your likes would have insulted him.. Your hypocrisy stinks.

Why will I criticize anyone for this? Does it even make logical sense to criticize someone for trying to lend a helping hand to students writing WAEC with regards to fees?

We have some state governor owing WAEC/NECO fees that sometimes affect the release of student results so what is bad in FG trying to lend a helping hand if it’s possible?

I will not critique Atiku or Jonathan for something like this.

What I expect Nigerians to ask is that where will be see the money to do that judging from our current finances where we have less to spend. That is still a valid criticism.

I am not stupid like those other Nigerians that criticize every damn thing Tinubu says.

142 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Godfullsam(m): 6:18pm On Jan 19, 2022
We don't want you sir.

We want a better leader who is younger with vision.

Respect yourself and remain the king maker that t you are.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by ResidentSnitch(f): 6:19pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tinumbu is part and parcel of this current disastrous government. If as the national party leader, Buhari can't listen to him to implement some of these his archaic ideas, then he doesn't have the justification of contesting. He has been roundly rejected.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Tetrahedron: 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2022
Scam govt

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by NGpatriot: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
Education is the foundation of our destiny and vehicle to prosperity and good quality of life, many parents can not even afford these forms and they are obstacles in many households, taking this small burden away is a game changer and an opportunity for many students to cross that finish line.

If you have any objection or dislike the idea of the government paying for WAEC forms and paraphernalia, you have every right under the sun to refuse or reject the offer because you can afford it and paying for such forms is not a problem in your household, but you can not speak for millions of families all over Nigeria. One man's food is another man's poison, what's priority in your household is not a priority in other people's household.

The bitter, shorghtsithed and thoughtless idea that we must reject everything no matter what is very sickening, this is a sad and disgusting disease of when they do, you object and complain, when they don't, you still object and complain, some people just think they must occupy the news space for their own selfish and self-promotion not knowing how backward and counterproductive they sound.

These clout chasing noisemakers need to start speaking for themselves instead of shouting and making their silly and pointless political noise that can not help the average Nigerian in any way, it is not by force to criticize.

These characters just shout and reject everything no matter what, but they lack ideas, they don't have solutions, they are not creative or even interested in any solution.

They say they are the leaders of tomorrow, but educating and helping the leaders of tomorrow to get ahead is still a bad thing to do, we must kill all the terrorists first, we must put water in every tap in Nigeria before we help our children to get ahead.

It's like saying children must not go to school until we tackle all the problems in the world.

Many of these backward thinking and low mentality idiots are the same kind of worthless leaders they cry and shout every day that they don't want.

This is just too sad and pathetic.

125 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by ZendayaColeman(f): 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2022
LegendHero:
These ones are confused.

It is this same Nigerians that were complaining that Jamb fees should be scrapped, now someone wants to pay WAEC fees for student and they are wailing again. It seems everyone is confused in this country.

He also mentioned insecurity that needs to be tackled in that video so I don’t know why these so called bitter Nigerians are fuming over what he said using insecurity as an excuse.

Ode no be everybody go sell their conscience for crumbs.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by OneTwoOne(m): 6:27pm On Jan 19, 2022
Foolish People are bashing him.

We have lots of home who couldn't provide for the needs of their wards not to talk of paying 18k(not sure about the fee) for WAEC.

Yet someone promised free WAEC fee, some ijiotttts are still castigating him. Is that not foolishness and stupidity combined together?

Maybe they don't know, free WAEC registration is just/will just be a part of his plan.

BAT is very brilliant
The truth is these fooools are not those who'll vote, with this promise alone, he already secured the vote of traders/market men and women, artisans and other common man who are the real voters.

Loud it
BAT2023

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by ZendayaColeman(f): 6:28pm On Jan 19, 2022
Tinubu urchins everywhere. You guys never see anything. Bunch of hungry youths asslicking unproductive ancestors because of crumbs

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by OneTwoOne(m): 6:31pm On Jan 19, 2022
Relieving common man of their burden is archaic to your head angry

I laugh at that head of yours.

Meanwhile tell us what's not archaic that should be done
CyynthiaKiss:

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by OneTwoOne(m): 6:33pm On Jan 19, 2022
So your only argument here is that he's an ancestor?

Where in the constitution was it written that so called ancestors has no right been as it may to lead this country?

I hope you won't preach Atiku to us in return though

ZendayaColeman:
Tinubu urchins everywhere. You guys never see anything. Bunch of hungry youths asslicking ancestors because of crumbs

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by NGpatriot: 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
LegendHero:

Why will I criticize anyone for this? Does it even make logical sense to criticize someone for trying to lend a helping hand to students writing WAEC with regards to fees?

We have some state governor owing WAEC/NECO fees that sometimes affect the release of student results so what is bad in FG trying to lend a helping hand if it’s possible?

I will not critique Atiku or Jonathan for something like this.

What I expect Nigerians to ask is that where will be see the money to do that judging from our current finances where we have less to spend. That is still a valid criticism.

I am not stupid like those other Nigerians that criticize every damn thing Tinubu says.

The odious and sad mentality of criticizing everything, no matter how noble or helpful it is very pervasive in our society, they place hatred, bitterness and criticizing government over their own self-interest and the future of their own children.

The greatest danger to Nigeria are Nigeria's ignorant, tribe obsessed, backward, uneducated and low mentality Nigerian youths.

Personally, I think many of them are damaged goods.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by fyneguy: 6:34pm On Jan 19, 2022
CyynthiaKiss:

It's not archaic in such a poor country as Nigeria. Many brilliant children could not advance their education because of financial constraints. I have met people whose trajectories took a downward turn because of this. That you could afford it does not mean other can. It'll help many lives.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by NGpatriot: 6:39pm On Jan 19, 2022
fyneguy:

It's not archaic in such a poor country as Nigeria. Many brilliant children could not advance their education because of financial constraints. I have met people whose trajectories took a downward turn because of this. That you could afford it does not mean other can. It'll help many lives.

The poster you quoted and his kind are trolls, they have nothing intelligent to offer you beyond trolling and their ignorant rubbish troll posts.

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by LegendHero(m): 6:40pm On Jan 19, 2022
NGpatriot:

The odious and sad mentality of criticizing everything, no matter how noble or helpful it is very pervasive in our society, they place hatred, bitterness and criticizing government over their own self-interest and the future of their own children.

The greatest danger to Nigeria are Nigeria's ignorant, tribe obsessed, backward, uneducated and low mentality Nigerian youths.

Personally, I think many of them are damaged goods.

As in, it defies sane logic that this will even be an issue of criticism of some sort.

If Tinubu had said he will make sure government will not pay for student WAEC fees, these same set of bitter Nigerians will be offended again and go on another round of tirade against the man.

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Adabite(m): 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2022
LegendHero:
These ones are confused.

Pele oooo. I challenge your sense of reasoning and whoever is still supporting these old fools.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by NGpatriot: 6:45pm On Jan 19, 2022
LegendHero:

As in it defy sane logic that this will even be an issue of criticism of some sort.

If Tinubu had said he will make sure government will not pay for student WAEC fees, these same set of bitter Nigerians will be offended again and go on another round of tirade against the man.

Of course, it has nothing to do with the positive impact and outcome, it's always about hatred, bitterness, tribalism and self-destruction.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by clarocuzioo(m): 6:46pm On Jan 19, 2022
okoo
Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by NGpatriot: 6:51pm On Jan 19, 2022
Adabite:

Pele oooo. I challenge your sense of reasoning and whoever is still supporting these old fools.

This great leader is not interested in your hatred and bitterness, he's busy employing and giving thousands of youths to grow and prosper in life.

Asiwaju employed and is putting food on the table for hundreds of Nigerian youths at TVC in Lagos and hundreds of more youths at his Radio station in Abuja, all in all with his businesses, at least a thousand youths are putting food on the table courtesy of Asiwaju.

The best presenter in Nigeria is Igbo, courtesy of Asiwaju who gave him the platform and opportunity to shine and prosper, opportunities that your own useless and incompetent leaders can not provide..

The joke is on you.

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu.

Re: Nigerians Bash Tinubu For Promising To Pay Students’ WAEC Fees by Adabite(m): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2022
NGpatriot:

This great leader is not interested in your hatred and bitterness, he's busy employing and giving thousands of youths to grow and prosper in life.

Asiwaju employed and is putting food on the table for hundreds of Nigerian youths at TVC in Lagos and hundreds of more youths at his Radio station in Abuja, all in all with his businesses, at least a thousand youths are putting food on the table courtesy of Asiwaju.

The best presenter in Nigeria is Igbo, courtesy of Asiwaju who gave him the platform and opportunity to shine and prosper, opportunities that your own useless and incompetent leaders can not provide..

The joke is on you.

God Bless Asiwaju Tinubu.

Is that all you have to say?

Asiwaju created jobs for hundreds while hundreds of thousands are on the street of Lagos 'Jobless'.

No right thinking person will support BAT to be the next Nigeria President. Reason well bro and wise up.

I'm still challenging your sense of reasoning.

21 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

FG Ends Feeding Of Inmates In 2024 / "Take Danjuma's Warning Serious" - APC Chairman In Scandinavia Advises FG / Naira Redesign: 3 Governors Under Our Radar Over Stashed Cash – EFCC Chair

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58