Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:36 AM

Which Books Are You Currently Reading? - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Which Books Are You Currently Reading? (23451 Views)

Which Book Are You Currently Reading? Share Some Thoughts! / What Nigerian Books Are You Reading? / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Babamide(m): 5:55pm On Oct 19, 2011
Currently reading The Lost Symbols by Dan Brown
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Egbagirl(f): 5:56pm On Oct 19, 2011
Im currently reading "La grève des battus" by Aminata Sow Fall and jus started "The Girl Who Played With Fire" by Stieg Larsson. alongside "Insomnia" by Steven King
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by asoebi(m): 5:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
ADE our naughty little brother grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by babaijesha: 5:59pm On Oct 19, 2011
Ogboju Ode ninu Igbo Irunmale (The Forest of a Thousand Demons) by D.O. Fagunwa in 1938
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
aso ebi:

ADE our naughty little brother grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Is that still in print? I loved that little book o.

Currently reading Wole Soyinka's Ake. Should move on to Isara tonight, don't know why it took me so long to pick this up
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by yodiyokun(f): 6:38pm On Oct 19, 2011
Currently reading
1. Black Faces in White Places- Pinkett
2. Am I the only sane one here
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by mercenaryx(m): 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2011
King of torts by John Grisham

1 Like

Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
"India Calling" by Anand Giridharadas.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ProfJYK(m): 7:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
just finished a 2nd re-run of King of Torts; okay read, finding the perfect balance between greed and fear is all we need.

just laid my hands on "why we struck; a story of Nigeria's frist Coup" will try it again.

HNosegbe:

"India Calling" by Anand Giridharadas.

whats the book like? heard him speak sometime ago, wasnt too impressed cos he turned out like most "motivational" speakers. would like to see how he writes sha.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Wallie(m): 7:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
Wow…it is great to see that people do read! How I wish I can sit down and read a fictional or non-fictional book. I’d rather watch a movie version of a book or read a summarized version. I have never read a book from cover-to-cover including textbooks. I tend to only read technical books, news and stuff on the internet for encyclopedic type info. :-) Here are the books I bought this year that has nothing to do with my profession:

Beginning ASP .NET 4
Use Case Driven Object Modeling with UML
Broadband Powerline Communications
How to Build Cheap Sports Car
How to Build your own off-road buggy
Mobile Application Development with SMS

I think I need a Kindle…reading about Jeff Bezos or Steve Jobs might be fun!
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Christine01(f): 7:51pm On Oct 19, 2011
I just finished reading Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie. I was really touched, to the point that I even had to shed some tears.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by igbo2011(m): 7:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
Bad Samaritans by Ha Joon Chang
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by ifffffy(f): 8:04pm On Oct 19, 2011
Please guys, i once read a book. It was like an autobiography by a woman named marina. The cover of the book wasn't intact which was why i didn't know the writer and some informations about the book, when i googled it, the one i saw there was 'voice of the vanquished ' written by a woman, though it was also about the story i read but it can't be compared with an autobiography. Pls google the title i wrote above and have a glimpse maybe you will know what i'm talking about. I need the title of the one written by marina herself.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by fdigital(m): 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2011
for mobility sake u can now download all kinds of E-books for ur mobile phones free at . .g e o r g e h a c k e r . w a p k a . m o b i. .
Pls no spacing no capital letter .
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by femmy2010(m): 8:42pm On Oct 19, 2011
Mary Higgins Clark - Night time is my time.

Packed with suspense and a must read.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by igbonla(m): 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2011
The principle of the path - Andy Stanley
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by passionate88: 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2011
flowers in the attic by v.c andrews, nearly shed a tear,
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by eminemkayc: 8:57pm On Oct 19, 2011
STUDYING PROF. Animalu's review of God Almighty Grand Unifying Theory,GAGUT. . .by prof Gabriel oyibo
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Connoisseur(m): 9:46pm On Oct 19, 2011
Babamide:

Currently reading The Lost Symbols by Dan Brown
nice one. I so much love the translation tables used in the book.

Am currently reading Trinity by Loen Uris
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Tinyemeka(m): 9:53pm On Oct 19, 2011
In between studying for my ACCA, I've just finished Abduction by Robin Cook, The Last Juror by John Grisham (my best author; never disappoints), and then Road to Omaha by Robert Ludlum for the fourth time (I was laughing all through the book. Don't know why someone said the book was boring). These I finished in the space of last week.

Next in line are Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Silence of the Lambs (Doc Hannibal 'the Cannibal' Lecter) by Thomas Harris, then whatever else catches my fancy. John Grisham preferably.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by teeewai(m): 9:54pm On Oct 19, 2011
The World is Flat , Thomas Friedman
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by dharmie(f): 9:58pm On Oct 19, 2011
Songs of Odamolugbe by Ademola Dasylva. Its an anthology
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by llbhuds: 10:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
How europeans underdeveloped africa by walter rodney
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Tinyemeka(m): 10:21pm On Oct 19, 2011
Prof JYK:

just finished a 2nd re-run of King of Torts; okay read, finding the perfect balance between greed and fear is all we need.

just laid my hands on "why we struck; a story of Nigeria's frist Coup" will try it again.

whats the book like? heard him speak sometime ago, wasnt too impressed cos he turned out like most "motivational" speakers. would like to see how he writes sha.

King of Torts is another book where Grisham made extravagance and avarice a funny read. Great book!
Christine01:

I just finished reading Purple Hibiscus by Chimamanda Adichie. I was really touched, to the point that I even had to shed some tears.
Eyaa. Try "The thing around your neck" by the same author. Your spirits should be lifted. The book is a compilation of her short stories. Some of them humorous, especially the one with the same book title.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Egbagirl(f): 10:44pm On Oct 19, 2011
Tinyemeka:

In between studying for my ACCA, I've just finished Abduction by Robin Cook, The Last Juror by John Grisham (my best author; never disappoints), and then Road to Omaha by Robert Ludlum for the fourth time (I was laughing all through the book. Don't know why someone said the book was boring). These I finished in the space of last week.

Next in line are Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, Silence of the Lambs (Doc Hannibal 'the Cannibal' Lecter) by Thomas Harris, then whatever else catches my fancy. John Grisham preferably.
Those are really great authors. Grisham is one of my favs!

Christine01:

I read that a few years ago and it was amazing!!! I have her other book, Half of a yellow sun but Im yet to read it. will get to it soon sha
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by delpee(f): 11:01pm On Oct 19, 2011
Joys of Motherhood by Buchi Emecheta - Touching!
The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren which I bought years back but never got round to reading it till now. Nice so far though deeply religous.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by MarcAnthon(m): 11:06pm On Oct 19, 2011
Started reading 'You must set forth at dawn' by Wole Soyinka. Had to abandon it cos of my tasking grad work. Will get back to it during thanksgiving break, hopefully.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by kunmibola(m): 11:56pm On Oct 19, 2011
Reading 'Greg Iles, Sleep no More'.
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by Christine01(f): 7:16am On Oct 20, 2011
Tinyemeka:
Eyaa. Try "The thing around your neck" by the same author. Your spirits should be lifted. The book is a compilation of her short stories. Some of them humorous, especially the one with the same book title.

K, I'll look for it. Thanks!
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by zeal500: 10:11am On Oct 20, 2011
just finished Ukwa ruo oge ya oda
Reading :Isi Akwu dara n ala edetula Aja
Re: Which Books Are You Currently Reading? by lexander(m): 10:30am On Oct 20, 2011
The breaking dawn i hope they can do justice to d movie

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Questions Angela Merkel: "Siemens Deal Failed In Nigeria" / 'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Top 5 Beaches In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.