Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,631 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 PM

2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa (6486 Views)

Duke, Ita-Giwa face-off: I Stood As Contact Person When You Did Breast Implant / Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar / Lagos PDP Candidate Jimi Agbaje Picks Female Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by saphiere(f): 7:42am On Jan 20, 2022
A former senator, Florence Ita-Giwa has asked Nigerian women to insist on female running mates for male presidential candidates.

This was made known on Wednesday by Ita-Giwa during a panel discussion at the national progressive women’s conference in Abuja.

The former senator called on women to build structures and mobilise resources to back female candidates.

She suggested that women should decide not to vote for any political party that does not field a female politician as running mate in the 2023 presidential election.

“How do we build the next generation of women? We cannot bring in the next female generation of politicians if we do not allow some empowerment for them,” she said.

“You have to prepare yourself, you have to put together your structure, election materials, you have to travel around, there is no joke about it. You need money for you to run around, for you to be elected.

“I have heard here that we should ask them to allow women to be deputy governors. Why should we stop at that.. in this country today and with the calibre of women in this hall even coming from the next generation, intellectuals, and established women?

“I think it’s about time that the women should seriously say that any presidential candidate that is coming out of this country, the women will not vote for him if he does not take a woman as his vice-president. That should be our proposal so that the next generation will be given opportunities. It is about time that we have a female vice-president of this country.”

Bisi Fayemi, the first lady of Ekiti, spoke on the need for women to be empowered and provided with opportunities for advancement.

“We need to empower our women, we need to be able to provide support for those, for example, who might not be able to benefit from political appointments, who might not have the qualifications,” she said.
https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.thecable.ng/2023-ita-giwa-asks-women-to-reject-presidential-candidates-without-female-running-mates/amp&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwj1woWY4b_1AhWk3eAKHSedBDMQFnoECAsQAg&usg=AOvVaw0T1xnDUG88Y-Glm13wfQlf

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by saphiere(f): 7:42am On Jan 20, 2022
In summary, the FUTURE is FEMALE
Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by machote: 7:57am On Jan 20, 2022
They wanna be copying the Biden and Kamala duo.

We all know women want a taste of that power or an indirect way to the presidency.

4 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Maxymilliano(m): 7:57am On Jan 20, 2022
Why not throw her weight and supports behind the few aspiring female contenders, rather than pushing for VP slot which will seem a tall order ...

24 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 20, 2022
bullshit..what has they offer in the positions they were given??

12 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Penguin2: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2022
Jokers!

Imagine Tinubu that is still having headache of running mate choosing a female northerner...

It will just be ite missa est grin

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Rhado: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2022
B
Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by scopusng(m): 8:03am On Jan 20, 2022
Piramids of lies
Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by bigdammyj: 8:04am On Jan 20, 2022
Okay
Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by basty: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2022
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Nobody: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2022
Your evil plot to hijack and usurp power through the back door in order to empower your Feminist Coalition or “Future Is Female” associates will be resisted.

You want to build the next generation of women that will further exacerbate the already saturated & polarized political terrain?

What did we get with the few women we have had in politics?

Senator Remi Tinubu has been in the Senate since 2011 and wants to die there as if it’s a family throne.

Patricia Olubunmi Etteh was a complete disgrace. She was fired for awarding a contract of 628Million Naira just to RENOVATE her official residence.

Stellar Oduah was sacked for compelling the NCAA to pay Coscharis Motors $1.6 million for two BMW bullet-proof cars.

I will not even mention Diezani Madueke.

What about Hadiza Bala-Usman the sacked MD of the NPA?

I am not a misogynist but the truth is that Gender Equality is alien to our culture and Afrika is simply not ripe for it yet. Give it at least 500 more years.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by WibusJaga: 8:05am On Jan 20, 2022
grin

Hope they will not be turned from Running Mate to Bedroom Mate.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Lattop1(m): 8:05am On Jan 20, 2022
Nonsense of the first order grin

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by gulfer: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2022
I thought this woman is now a Cammeroonian angry angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Afam4eva(m): 8:06am On Jan 20, 2022
No be you go tell us who we go vote for.

I don't care whether the running mate is a man or woman. I just want someone that'll do well whether male or female. I think that is what should be in people's priority right now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Robisky001(m): 8:06am On Jan 20, 2022
Women always love to get everything on a platter.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by faceland: 8:06am On Jan 20, 2022
We already had Osibanjo the submissive and supportive spouse of Buhari.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Afrobasic(m): 8:08am On Jan 20, 2022
Clown undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Shetemi12(m): 8:10am On Jan 20, 2022
Jabagan.. I dey for you!

BAT2023

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by JubrinElSudan: 8:12am On Jan 20, 2022
Getat! The future is female is not by giving you guys VP on a platter. Aspire for the presidential position instead

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Maj196(m): 8:12am On Jan 20, 2022
Women are not capable of power positions. Just die the matter

5 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by SmartPolician: 8:16am On Jan 20, 2022
Story for the deities!

1 Like

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by LordIsaac(m): 8:18am On Jan 20, 2022
They enjoy free gifts handed to them by men, yet, they blame the same male gender for their woes! Women!

10 Likes

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by humberjade: 8:20am On Jan 20, 2022
Hmm
Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Oceanblaze(m): 8:23am On Jan 20, 2022
This my sugar mummy sef

1 Like

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by Samiah33(m): 8:26am On Jan 20, 2022
Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by MrImole: 8:27am On Jan 20, 2022
Who cares? Even of the presidential candidate comes from Burkina Faso, I don't care, all I want is a better Nigeria.
Re: 2023: Reject Presidential Candidates Without Female Running Mate - Ita-Giwa by King44(m): 8:29am On Jan 20, 2022
There is nothing good or promising about a female running mates, they are as worst as those that have handled political positions before.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Buhari Hosts His Look-alike And Twin Brother In Katsina State. Photos / Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC / Jos North Re-run: INEC Suspends Electoral Officer Over Missing Ballot Papers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.