Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,087 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC (6487 Views)

Electricity Consumers Decry Low Supply As DisCos Prioritise Band A / Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP — NERC / Electricity Consumers To Pay More As Discos Hike Tariffs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by postbox: 12:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
The Nigerian Electricity Regulatory Commission says under the National Mass Metering Programme electricity consumers are not required to pay directly for the meters issued to them.

This is contained in a statement NERC issued in Abuja on Monday.

“We wish to reiterate that the NMMP designed to provide all consumers of electricity with meters is a policy intervention of the Federal Government supported by the Central Bank concessionary loans to Electricity Distribution Companies (DisCoS).

“This laudable initiative is still very much on course as a total of over 900, 000 units of meters have so far been installed under the takeoff scheme without any payment by benefiting consumers.

“While this doesn’t cover many of the unmetered customers, we are pleased to inform electricity consumers that the next phase under which about four million units of meters would be procured from local meter manufacturers has commenced,” it said.

NERC and electricity albatross
The Commission further stated that pending the conclusion of the NMMP procurement processes and the commencement of manufacturing and installation, consumers may decide to acquire a meter from the Meter Asset Programme, the News Agency of Nigeria reports.

NERC said that the regulatory framework approved by the commission under MAP/NMMP Regulation provides for refund of the cost of meter through energy credits to the customer at the time of vending.

The commission said that the recently issued notice by the commission on the adjusted cost of the meter was designed to protect consumers from arbitrary pricing by MAP.

According to NERC, this is in the context of recent changes in macroeconomic parameters affecting the cost of production.

NERC advised that clarification be made from its Public Affairs Department on any regulatory matter to avoid misinforming innocent consumers.

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/11/17/electricity-consumers-not-required-to-pay-for-meters-under-nmmp-nerc/

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by Hapinex01: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
Wow I made it to the top since 4yrs of been a Nairalander.

These electricity matter don tire me

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by FuckDModz: 12:26pm On Nov 18, 2021
Residents are not required to build roads in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by Moferere: 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
Believe them at your peril, they are selling this dummy so that they can successfully increase the Multi Year Tariff Order (MYTO).
Once that is done, they will tell Nigerians that the cost of acquiring a meter has increased.
Wicked government undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by inoki247: 12:27pm On Nov 18, 2021
The govt looks clueless and confused..

Infact there cluelessness na A parallel and First class...

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by Ameboperoo(m): 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
It's like I'm confused here.
I have read the article over again vis-a-vis the statement few days ago, but each time I get more confused.
Can someone explain to me in pidgin English?
Honestly, I'm confused cool

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by CocoaOla: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
Nigeria IS a huge scammer scamming nigerians

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hapinex01:

All of topics , na Nepa matter you see yo use carry FTC

It's like NEPA do take light whenever you're about to be FTC.. apart from today sha.. who knows maybe the next FTC will be in the next four years again grin

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by yaksdavirus: 12:28pm On Nov 18, 2021
Spent over 8 month waiting still no meter.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by ShobayoEmma(m): 12:30pm On Nov 18, 2021
Great one out of numerous bad policies of the present military junta

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by ForeThinker: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2021
Most Private companies are properly managed compare to our country Nigeria as a whole

The GIANTS DeN of SCAMMERS in Africa

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by bennytfi: 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2021
I don't understand anymore
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by kayusely70(m): 12:33pm On Nov 18, 2021
Policy somersaults! Who's fooling who?:
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by kayusely70(m): 12:35pm On Nov 18, 2021
Policy somersaults! Who's fooling who?:[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by popes001: 12:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
We got ours for free some months ago. Nice one fg.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by Olam09(m): 12:39pm On Nov 18, 2021
Hapinex01:

Hope they'll pay you sha?
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by ShaqFu: 12:45pm On Nov 18, 2021
All this going up and down, it's another clear indication that something is fishy somewhere.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by Omooba77: 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
postbox:

SOURCE:https://brandspurng.com/2021/11/17/electricity-consumers-not-required-to-pay-for-meters-under-nmmp-nerc/

Who is lieing, we buy our own poles, wire and transformers, yet phcn will still claim ownership,what a perverted nation.......

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by jacoik(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
Honestly I have tried to read this thing like 5 times now but still didn't get it. Please whoever that understand what they said. Did they say that this free meter they are distributing, that we are going to pay for it and how? Abeg this English is too much for me to comprehend

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
No be me this peop go confuse..I requested for prepaid meter they said it was free, before I knew it they said the free ones have finished that they were not selling single fave 48k and then next thing say said they increased it to 87k and now I'm hearing free prepaid meter..I don't understand. Maybe I'm not in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by romero(m): 12:53pm On Nov 18, 2021
The message is straightforward

Prepaid meter was free under phase Zero of Mass Metering

Consumers are still not expected to pay or buy meter but if you intentionally wish to buy b4 the commencement of Phase one, u have to know that price of such meter has now increased to N58+ for single phase

Unfortunately
This is a ploy to deceive the unmetered consumers who desperately need prepaid meter to avoid exorbitant estimated billing

Discos are proposing to increase tariffs on bills this December 2021. New rate may be N22,000 from N11,800

Why then won’t the consumers be forced to buy meters at all cost ?

“Baba nla” scamming

2 Likes

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by goodman55: 12:54pm On Nov 18, 2021
Then why are they AEDC demanding 40-45k from us in Karu local government area of Nasarawa State? You said sth is free yet to monitoring teams to oversight the responsibilities of giving it free to Nigerians in some quarters. Na only money them the monitor for naija
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by jacoik(m): 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2021
Ameboperoo:
It's like I'm confused here.
I have read the article over again vis-a-vis the statement few days ago, but each time I get more confused.
Can someone explain to me in pidgin English?
Honestly, I'm confused cool
be sef don readam like 5 times now but can't still understand
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by WibusJaga: 12:58pm On Nov 18, 2021

Hope this people are not trying to confuse us with grammar.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by galaxy2020(m): 1:00pm On Nov 18, 2021
The metre money is added to your units recharge, #750 each time you recharge. This APC govt is worst than the devil himself.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by otokx(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
They will pay indirectly.
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by jacoik(m): 1:02pm On Nov 18, 2021
Confusion break bone and double wahala for dedibodi. Punch newspaper of three days ago said that the prepaid meter customer who was given free will have to pay under 10 years. Now how are we going to pay it please. Now they are selling unit 40 per unit, if they now increase it shebi it will get to 80/100 abi? Wickedness just dey learn work where this APC government dey
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by BlackyOne: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
900k meter shared already shocked
Please provide the database so we can independently verify this claim... See another audio money, Alooter continua

1 Like

Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by Worksunlimited: 1:05pm On Nov 18, 2021
They have counted my house more than 10x for the delivery of the meters but they have never brought it..

My neighbours that have it, paid for theirs
Re: Electricity Consumers Not Required To Pay For Meters Under NMMP - NERC by Rexnegro(m): 1:09pm On Nov 18, 2021
I tot as much

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jos North Re-run: INEC Suspends Electoral Officer Over Missing Ballot Papers / SPANCO BPO Services Ltd Employees Spill Into The Streets........in Ibadan. / Why Nigerians Should Accept Homosexuality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.