Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:38 AM

I Hope Jagaban Gets To Read This. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Hope Jagaban Gets To Read This. (218 Views)

I Hope History Will Be Kind To Me – Buhari / Onneghen: "I Hope You Are Not Taking My Pants" - Sacked CJN Asks Photographer / I Hope 2023 Presidency Ambition Won't Divide Tinubu And Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Hope Jagaban Gets To Read This. by 09temple(m): 1:02pm On Jan 20, 2022
It is common knowledge that Bola Ahmed Tinubu, the national leader of the ruling APC has made known his presidential ambition to Pres. Muhammadu Buhari. Over a couple of weeks after that declaration, the social media space has been awash with scripts and counter-scripts on Tinubu's presidential ambition, the pros and the cons etc.

Like every other Nigerian, JAGABAN as he is fondly called have the right to vote and be voted for and this right he has started exercising. A school of thought posited that the man JAGABAN is who we need to salvage the terrible state of the nation (economy, security etc.) given his track record of development in Lagos state; a state popularly used as a benchmark for development in the comity of the 36 states of Nigeria.

Another political school of thought has criticised his leadership style and often times regarded it as family affair oriented kind of leadership. There's no doubt as to Tinubu's investment in human capital development, arguably, he stands tall among his class in that regards.

Here is my problem with TINUBU'S PRESIDENTIAL AMBITION!

The famous Jagaban left office in 2007 as the Governor of Lagos state. Since his exit from direct governance, Tinubu has been actively seen and regarded as the chief king maker in the southwest (he is alleged to have confirmed this assertion). He has played principal role in the every election as to who becomes the governor of Lagos state and even much more in the merger of other political parties to form the APC which eventually culminated into the election of president Muhammadu Buhari in 2015. Wow! He is indeed a great king maker.

Let me not bore you with stories you already know, Tinubu's presidential ambition is arguably hinged on the the popular opinion that it is time for the king maker to become king. Our nation is in a critical state and we clearly do not need someone who's zest for the tasking presidential office is such that it crowns all his political sojourn. Tinubu sees the presidential seat not as a place for work but some sort of grand finale of all his political escapades. Nigeria at this time deserves better.

(1) (Reply)

France On West African Politics, Economy And Security / Security Provision: DELGA Chairman Emerges Overall Performing Chairman In Nigeri / A Must Read: Umo Eno Gets Royal Blessing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.