Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,149 members, 7,818,450 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:06 PM

Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States (6282 Views)

25 Deadliest Dictators In History: Yakubu Gowon Makes Number 14 On List / Alicia Keys solidarity Song to some Failed States like Gaza, nigeria etc. / Postcard From Hell 2012 - Nigeria Makes Number 14 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by paraphase(m): 2:19pm On Jun 20, 2011
A failed state is a state whose central government is so weak or ineffective that it has little practical control over much of its territory; non-provision of public services; widespread corruption and criminality; refugees and involuntary movement of populations; sharp economic decline. Our beloved conuntry Nigeria is listed as world 14th failed state,what are you views?

1somalia
2chad
3sudan
4zimbabwe
5DRC
6Afghanistan
7Iraq
8central african republic
9Guinea
10Pakistan
11Haiti
12CIV
13Kenya
14Nigeria
15Yemen
26Cameroun
33Liberia
etc

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/failedstates

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/06/21/2010_failed_states_index_interactive_map_and_rankings
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Greencat(f): 11:27am On Jun 21, 2011
I dont completely disagree with the list, nigeria now has Sucide bombing to the countrie's resume. "Nigeria is about time you start doing something!!
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by foward1212(m): 11:33am On Jun 21, 2011
I would like to see, the whole list, but I must say, nigeria is better than Liberia, and even the others below it. Our leaders are really restrategising, thats why they are taking their time in appointing the new ministers, they are really doing the necessary checks to get the best, and tring to screen them well, because their positions are very important ones, they are going to be siting on very important economic positions.

Lets give ourselves, our country some credit, its our responsibility to put our stake to the development of our country, in the different places we exercise our own little leadership.

We can be better, we sure can, we are just being assesed before the exams is written, like at the begining of the semister. wink
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by hbrednic: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2011
yes we are 14th on the list and so fukkkkking what ?
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by superior1: 11:42am On Jun 21, 2011
You mean to tell me Yemen and Cameroun are better than us?. No, I beg to differ
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by apoti(m): 11:58am On Jun 21, 2011
Another feather added to our cap, let's go pop something cheesy
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by obowunmi(m): 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2011
Which organization produced this list ? DO NOT forget that many of the countries on this list provide many of the world's resources. Its propaganda, don't buy it. Africa is blessed.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by hakanai(m): 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2011
We still dey 14th! shocked
I thought we were at 5th by now.Anyway hurry up,time is going.
It is only when it fails do we split.SEPARATION is URGENTLY required!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by apoti(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2011
obowunmi:

Which organization produced this list ? DO NOT forget that many of the countries on this list provide many of the world's resources. Its propaganda, don't buy it. Africa is blessed.

You need to check the link and see the parameters used. The ranking can be justified based on those parameters
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by obowunmi(m): 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2011
Will do, on my phone now sha.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Swagahyk(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2011
, any negativity in the world Nigeria must be inclusive, a course or a culture? Na wao!
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by apoti(m): 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2011
Swagahyk:

, any negativity in the world Nigeria must be inclusive, a course or a culture? Na wao!

I'm sure you meant a curse wink
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Intrepid1(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2011
Where make I migrate go; Benin Republic or Cameroon which might disintegrate slower than Nigeria. If I carry N1m go Benin, I fit buy one state for myself, angry
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by don33310(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2011
Nigeria NO. 14? I thought nigeria should be NO. 3.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by eghost247(m): 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
they all failed states the Numbering does not that matter
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by sirabbey(m): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2011
Nigeria is no El dorado, but this ranking of Nigeria is grossly wrong. Tell me how can Libya, Syrian, and Yemen all in different stages of being war-torn be rated better than Nigeria. This is not an objective or factual list. It should be taken with a pinch of salt. Whie Syrian is curiously rated 48, Libya is not even on the list of so called failed states meanwhile Isreal ranks 54 on list. How skewed can a list be.

source: http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2010/06/21/2010_failed_states_index_interactive_map_and_rankings
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Gbenge77(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2011
Wrong.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by ezeagu(m): 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2011
eghost247:

[size=18pt]they all failed states the Numbering does not that matter[/size]

People fighting over who is the least failed. grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by paraphase(m): 1:07pm On Jun 21, 2011
x
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Abanicwise(m): 1:22pm On Jun 21, 2011
I found it so painful and sometime disgusting when our cheated and badly managed citizen still try as much as possible to exonerate our supposed leaders from their series of failures,whether Nigeria is in d 14th or 99th position, d fact that must not be overlook here is that Nigeria is indeed in a failure state.Nigeria is blessed truely, but can we say d same of our leaders,d answer remain "CAPITAL N O" .The only thing d latter were blessed with is kleptomania syndrome. Presently d only infrastructure I can think of, that is working perfectly well is communication and d citizen are paying fortune to enjoy dis,and dis service is not even provided by our govt. Our leaders has failed us, let the truth be told abeg.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jun 21, 2011
This is the community of Nations Nigeria should get a permanent membership seat on their INSECURITY COUNCIL.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Kobojunkie: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2011
Three African states -- Somalia, Chad, and Sudan -- once again top this year's Failed States Index, the annual ranking prepared by the Fund for Peace and published by FOREIGN POLICY of the world's most vulnerable countries. For four years in a row, Somalia has held the No. 1 spot, indicating the depth of the crisis in the international community's longest-running failure.

@Poster, are you certain you read the article? The list is of the world's most vulnerable countries, not necessarily FAILED STATES.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by paraphase(m): 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2011
wink
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Nayah(f): 1:40pm On Jun 21, 2011
This list was made according to whom and which institution? Nigeria couldn't be the "best country" or whatever but I don't trust in this kind of rate things. This is an excuse for always bash the non "western countries" and always putting the others down especially African countries. Don't get me wrong I didn't say Nigeria or African country got strong gvt, but every country has its ups and downs, in France for example if you see the number of people who live below the poverty soil for a so called industrialized country it's quite a disappointment

So I think everybody should take care of its own domestic Affairs rather than rating.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Kobojunkie: 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2011
paraphase:

You shoud read the full article and not just the 1st paragraph
I did read it and found it curious that the reference to failed state came in when known failed states were being mentioned, and no where else in the rest of the article.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Nayah(f): 1:44pm On Jun 21, 2011
Superior 1 Cameroon it's not a disorganised or troubled country like Chad or Somalia, so I don't know why you're so surprised, I don't like gvt cause I think they could be much better than they are doing now but seriously is one of the peaceful and stable country in Africa.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by sirabbey(m): 1:54pm On Jun 21, 2011
paraphase:

Dont get it wrong,the most failed state in the world is Somalia followed closely by Chad then Sudan etc. This means that Nigeria is better than the countries above but we are still in the league of world failed states.

Maybe to you this list is justified, but to me it is plainly wrong and incorrect and i am not trying to be patriotic, just factual. can you explain the non-inclusion of Libya on the list except of course you believe Libya is not a failed state even with two governments. Ghadaffi in Tripoli and coalition of rebels in Benghazi.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Kobojunkie: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2011
sirabbey:

Maybe to you this list is justified, but to me it is plainly wrong and incorrect and i am not trying to be patriotic, just factual. can you explain the non-inclusion of Libya on the list except of course you believe Libya is not a failed state even with two governments. Ghadaffi in Tripoli and coalition of rebels in Benghazi.

The @Op gave you a link to the source of the data. If you do not like it, either

a) Direct your questions at the right people. . . . those who compiled the list
b) Or get to work coming up with a better list to convince people this particular one is wrong
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 21, 2011
Nayah:

Superior 1 Cameroon it's not a disorganised or troubled country like Chad or Somalia, so I don't know why you're so surprised, I don't like gvt cause I think they could be much better than they are doing now but seriously is one of the peaceful and stable country in Africa.

Cameroon is there because there is tension in the south which is agitating for independence. It ranks very high on corruption and poverty index. It might not be peaceful for long.
http://www.southerncameroonsig.org/
http://www.scylforfreedom.org/
http://www.globalintegrity.org/report/Cameroon/2010/
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by proffmanue(m): 2:06pm On Jun 21, 2011
let turn it to a good state,
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by MMM2(m): 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2011
dere is a mistake some where,

nigeria should be d 1st.
Re: Nigeria Is number 14 On The List Of World Failed States by Nayah(f): 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2011
Jerseyboy, this is a long story about southern Cameroonians, who always claim to be Cameroonian but request on more implication on gvt. The Prime Minister in a english speaking guy, they got unversities and English is a compulsory language in Cameroon, so that this is not an real issue in terms of unity. Cameroon has more than 280 ethnies living peacefully together and with our english speaking brothers as well. If something should happened, they would have been during the toughest period 60's and 70's not now. I know what I'm saying this is my country. Corsica and Britain in France have always claim their difference in France but France still one.

http://www.makeeverywomancount.org/index.php?option=com_fjrelated&view=fjrelated&id=104&Itemid=98
http://www.nationsencyclopedia.com/economies/Africa/Cameroon-POLITICS-GOVERNMENT-AND-TAXATION.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

157 LASTMA Officers Sacked Over Misconduct / History Of Nigerian Central Bank Governors / Picture Of China Train Station, Lesson For Nigeria Goverment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.