Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,245 members, 7,811,688 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider (43727 Views)

Top 10 Fastest Trains In The World 2019 (photos) / Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 9:28am On Jan 22, 2022
The city of Lagos now has the fastest trains in Africa - with a top speed of 330km/h - which it recently acquired as part of its plans to launch the Red Line metro project, a 37-kilometre intracity railway system.

The 330km/h trains were acquired by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, from Talgo Group, a Madrid-based manufacturer of high-speed passenger trains.

The 330-KPH trains were sold to the state by Talgo Group, a Madrid-based manufacturer of high-speed passenger trains.
The ‘Red Line’ rail is expected to commence commercial operations between the last quarter of 2022 and the first quarter of 2023. When completed, the rail network will have 11 stations and will also become the first operational metro system in West Africa designed to convey at least 500,000 passengers daily in the first phase of operation.

“The 37km Red Line on completion will traverse eight stations and move passengers from Agbado to Oyingbo,” Governor Banajide Sanwo-Olu said on Wednesday.

“We are ramping up completion of the ancillary infrastructure like the train stations.”

The ‘Red Line’ rail is expected to commence commercial operations between the last quarter of 2022 and the first quarter of 2023.
On Tuesday, Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu completed the acquisition deal of the trains at a public event inside the Milwaukee facilities of Spanish train manufacturer Talgo Incorporated in the United States.

Commenting on the acquisition, Sanwo-Olu said the move was in line with his administration’s commitment to Traffic Management and Transportation of the THEMES developmental agenda.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu completed the acquisition deal of the trains at a public event inside the Milwaukee facilities of Spanish train manufacturer Talgo Incorporated in the United States.

“Part of what we have done in the last two and half years is to have what we call Integrated Urban Mass transportation system, where we will be using road infrastructure, waterway infrastructure and rail infrastructure so that we can move over 20 million Lagosians within and around the city,” he said.

“We hope that this (purchase of the trains) will be the beginning of a mutually beneficial business relationship. Providing a source of livelihood for our citizens is all about providing jobs for our people, and that is what we are doing. It is about ensuring that we can build our economy; people can move from one location to another, and businesses can grow.

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/lifestyle/the-city-of-lagos-now-has-the-fastest-trains-in-africa/x2drf7l

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by vickyfrancis1(m): 9:29am On Jan 22, 2022
Great news...TBH, Sanwo Olu is really performing. I hope he will be considered for the top position in the future. I respect him.

146 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Baawaa(m): 9:34am On Jan 22, 2022
Election is around the corner, Nigerians be wise

48 Likes 11 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 9:44am On Jan 22, 2022
Baawaa:
Election is around the corner, Nigerians be wise

They should abandon the project because election is coming?

You are obviously not wise.

353 Likes 23 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by PrinceOfLagos: 9:46am On Jan 22, 2022
So how much went to Tinubu from this project ?

We know he gets percentage for every projects executed in this Lagos

The greed is just too much

71 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Idiko1: 10:09am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

The city of Lagos now has the fastest trains in Africa - with a top speed of 330km/h - which it recently acquired as part of its plans to launch the Red Line metro project, a 37-kilometre intracity railway system.

The 330km/h trains were acquired by the Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, from Talgo Group, a Madrid-based manufacturer of high-speed passenger trains.

The 330-KPH trains were sold to the state by Talgo Group, a Madrid-based manufacturer of high-speed passenger trains.
The ‘Red Line’ rail is expected to commence commercial operations between the last quarter of 2022 and the first quarter of 2023. When completed, the rail network will have 11 stations and will also become the first operational metro system in West Africa designed to convey at least 500,000 passengers daily in the first phase of operation.

“The 37km Red Line on completion will traverse eight stations and move passengers from Agbado to Oyingbo,” Governor Banajide Sanwo-Olu said on Wednesday.

“We are ramping up completion of the ancillary infrastructure like the train stations.”

The ‘Red Line’ rail is expected to commence commercial operations between the last quarter of 2022 and the first quarter of 2023.
On Tuesday, Lagos State Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu completed the acquisition deal of the trains at a public event inside the Milwaukee facilities of Spanish train manufacturer Talgo Incorporated in the United States.

Commenting on the acquisition, Sanwo-Olu said the move was in line with his administration’s commitment to Traffic Management and Transportation of the THEMES developmental agenda.

Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu completed the acquisition deal of the trains at a public event inside the Milwaukee facilities of Spanish train manufacturer Talgo Incorporated in the United States.

“Part of what we have done in the last two and half years is to have what we call Integrated Urban Mass transportation system, where we will be using road infrastructure, waterway infrastructure and rail infrastructure so that we can move over 20 million Lagosians within and around the city,” he said.

“We hope that this (purchase of the trains) will be the beginning of a mutually beneficial business relationship. Providing a source of livelihood for our citizens is all about providing jobs for our people, and that is what we are doing. It is about ensuring that we can build our economy; people can move from one location to another, and businesses can grow.

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/lifestyle/the-city-of-lagos-now-has-the-fastest-trains-in-africa/x2drf7l

My people shall never fail to disappoint. Why such a high-powered engine for a short distance?

30 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Nobody: 10:13am On Jan 22, 2022
shevchenko:

Nigeria is finished
Isnt 37 km like a 15 mins drive ?
God i hate this current administration
Where do some of you crawl out from? grin

You're extremely dull

Idiko1:

My people shall never fail to disappoint. Why such a high-powered engine for a short distance?
What sort of mumu question is this bayi?

Nah wah o

michlins:
Things dey happen for Nigeria oh. A train line that's yet to become operational is now being dubbed as the fastest in Africa.

I thought the procedure would be to have it tested, up and running before claiming the rights. It's just like saying my house is the tallest in Africa meanwhile it has only been conceptualized inside my head.

We're better than this please. Although if sanwo olu can make it happen, he's assured of second tenure and even a bigger political office after Lagos.

Eko o ni baje

Senseless Gibberish

48 Likes 12 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 10:20am On Jan 22, 2022
Idiko1:

Do you go 200 mph when you drive your car, just because your car's speedometer says car has the capacity go all the way to 200mph?

What's really disappointing is you not thinking before posting.

171 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by michlins(m): 10:22am On Jan 22, 2022
Things dey happen for Nigeria oh. A train line that's yet to become operational is now being dubbed as the fastest in Africa.

I thought the procedure would be to have it tested, up and running before claiming the rights. It's just like saying my house is the tallest in Africa meanwhile it has only been conceptualized inside my head.

We're better than this please. Although if sanwo olu can make it happen, he's assured of second tenure and even a bigger political office after Lagos.

Eko o ni baje

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by inoki247: 10:22am On Jan 22, 2022
Make the thing Arrive first...

Ariwo ti fe poju music...

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by SarkinYarki: 10:25am On Jan 22, 2022
vickyfrancis1:
Great news...TBH, Sanwo Olu is really performing. I hope he will be considered for the top position in the future. I respect him.

You people fall for cheap propaganda too much abeg ...let the the train come first na .. remember this is not the first time we are hearing of trains , under Fashola the trains were even shipped and e never reach till date

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 10:28am On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:

Eko o ni baje

They are talking about the trains, not the line, the installed engine in the trains are high speed engines.

My car was designed and made to go all the way to 260 mph, but I don't have to drive it on the road or speed down the expressway to know that it has the capacity to do 260mph.

The fact that they are high speed trains doesn't mean they are going to be going at high speed from station to station.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Penguin2: 10:29am On Jan 22, 2022
inoki247:
Make the thing Arrive first...

I tire o

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 22, 2022
Sergio104:

Yinmu.

Werey on disguise.

Better edit that your profile to male with thick deciduous hairy strong duo ball.

Rubbish and female.

Outta here!!!
Mtchewww

3 Likes

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by tollyboy5(m): 10:36am On Jan 22, 2022
Enough of this story . Let it start working first.
Na blue line with ten lane we no see do for over ten years.
Lagos is more than this

8 Likes

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by michlins(m): 10:37am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

They are talking about the trains, not the line, the installed engine in the trains are high speed engines.

My car was designed and made to go all the way to 260 mph, but I don't have to drive it on the road or speed down the expressway to know that it has the capacity to do 260mph.

The fact that they are high speed trains doesn't mean they are going to be going at high speed from station to station.
knowing Nigeria and her politicians, I will believe this train is for Nigerians when I see it in Lagos. Anything less than that is still a campaign promise.

You guys seem to have very short memory. Jonathan government didn't teach you a thing about promise and fail. Abi Buhari handling of the security and economy of this country didn't tell you someone can talk about something he or she doesn't know a thing about

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
knowing Nigeria and her politicians, I will believe this train is for Nigerians when I see it in Lagos. Anything less than that is still a campaign promise.

You guys seem to have very short memory. Jonathan government didn't teach you a thing about promise and fail. Abi Buhari handling of the security and economy of this country didn't tell you someone can talk about something he or she doesn't know a thing about

We know how you and your kind respond to good things, progress and development, you primary default is to be sad and unhappy, to come up with negative and crocodile tears rant.

When was the last time you people's negative and bad bele mindset stopped Lagos from progressing?

Bad bele people don't progress in life, bad bele depresses your soul.

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Idiko1: 10:44am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

Do you go 200 mph when you drive your car, just because your car's speedometer says car has the capacity go all the way to 200mph?

I will not spend thousands of dollars to purchase a high-performance vehicle when my only daily and functional journey is 20 miles. If I had to hit major highways, without the electronic eyes of cops, at least, more than half of 200mph is obtainable. Be mindful it is not a mere 20 miles stretch.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Idiko1: 10:50am On Jan 22, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
What sort of mumu question is this bayi?

Nah wah o

Senseless Gibberish

Shut up your putrid mouth. Have you ever bargained for high-performance vehicle as opposed to the junk with meaningless speedometer? I suggest you read what poster had for the train.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Nobody: 10:55am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

We know how you and your kind respond to good things, progress and development, you primary default is to be sad and unhappy, to come up with negative and crocodile tears rant.

When was the last time you people's negative and bad bele mindset stopped Lagos from progressing?

I wander why person go dey complain about this train.

It was built by a Spanish company in the USA, it was built up to standard.

This is a good one from the Lagos State Government, I can't wait for the two trains to get to Lagos.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by michlins(m): 11:00am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

calling yourself a patriot doesn't make you one. You're paid per post human so I can understand how you respond to issues.

Raise a single point I made that reeks of negativity or does saying the facts now a crime to messengers like you. I thought it's your masters who hate hearing the facts and true situation of Nigeria.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 11:01am On Jan 22, 2022
Idiko1:

I will not spend thousands of dollars to purchase a high-performance vehicle when my only daily and functional journey is 20 miles. If I had to hit major highways, without the electronic eyes of cop, at least, more than half of 200mph is obtainable.

Toyota Corolla is not a high performance car, but they go all the way to 240, even more than 200 so what are you talking about?

You are not making sense, you people act as if it is by force to criticize or to post on the internet.

Shanghai–Nanjing intercity high-speed railway

Over its 300 km length, it has at least 20 stations, which means that the average distance between stations is some 15 kmh, it is smaller than that in more urbanized areas, and greater wherever there are longer gaps between cities. The official maximum speed on the line is 350 kmh

https://www.quora.com/Could-high-speed-rail-be-used-for-short-distance-travel-For-example-as-a-public-transit-option-in-Los-Angeles

They have some of the fastest high speed trains in China, most are intercity, meaning short travels that limits them to only 15kmh between stations.

Dude, I hate labeling people ignorant, but I end up using that word too often because many on this forum are indeed ignorant and that's not an insult, ignorant just mean lack of knowledge.

16 Likes

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 11:08am On Jan 22, 2022
michlins:
calling yourself a patriot doesn't make you one. You're paid per post human so I can understand how you respond to issues.

Raise a single point I made that reeks of negativity or does saying the facts now a crime to messengers like you. I thought it's your masters who hate hearing the facts and true situation of Nigeria.

michlins:

Explain to us what's Jonathan and his failed promise and insecurity got to do with Lagos state buying high speed trains? What exactly?

You people need to curtail your sadness, hatred, bad bele and negativity to yourselves, mixing bad bele with fake concerns and disingenuous crocodile tears makes you sound stpidd.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by OneTwoOne(m): 11:13am On Jan 22, 2022
Babajide sanwoolu has always be in news for project, he's an indefatigable Governor.

God bless sanwoolu
God bless Ashiwaju Tinubu, the incoming GCFR.
They've totally turned our love towards you because of their NATURAL hate against ur personality Tinubu.

Congratulations, u now have our full support.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Hublot1: 11:16am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

Savage!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by kettykin: 11:20am On Jan 22, 2022
This is just election campaign gimmicks and nothing else
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Conrod: 11:31am On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

Insulting people here and there wont help you in this your contract,...you would have been fired if am your current employer.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by NGpatriot: 11:39am On Jan 22, 2022
Conrod:
Insulting people here and there wont help you in this your contract,...you would have been fired if am your current employer.

Idiko1:

NGpatriot:

Hypocrite, were you also insulting me by saying Nigerians disappoint you.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pictures Of The Marina Train Station For The Lagos Blue Rail Line / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017 / Is Life Really Better Abroad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.