Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,294 members, 7,826,170 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider (43785 Views)

Top 10 Fastest Trains In The World 2019 (photos) / Incredible Images Show Fleet Of 220mph Bullet Trains In China(Photos). / Africa's Fastest Trains Set To Be Shipped To Nigeria After Being Inspected. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Sergio104:

Can you elaborate on "someone that's making wave more than you"??.

who's the person??

Guess you will say Yolloba tribe??.

If so........then don't quote me to spew trash ( because I won't reply you).

kiddo!!!.

Dumb yollabas everywhere.

outta here!!!

Yoruba is you people nemesis, in a lifetime you can't wear their shoe, you always brag of being the richest in the world yet you people are not in Forbes

your parents are still crying yesterday how hunger is dealing with them because of your Taliban wannabe sect that's forcing sit at home

as you're typing now I'm sure you're not in East but your mother can't go out hence hunger is killing them but here you're bragging with your ajadi chest as a boy boy at Alaba

shameless lot
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by litaninja(m): 2:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Actually, lagos has no trains. What lagos has is a project that has been ongoing for decades. When you can go on the trains IN LAGOS, you can republish this piece.

1 Like

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by aribisala0(m): 2:09pm On Jan 22, 2022
Talawaka:

I was actually thinking in terms of track equipment; track geometry and the maintenance required; switches; emissions; location of stations, which are all factors to be considered for high-speed trains.

In short you are making assumptions based on fluff smiley
If you asked question rather than made assertions it would have been better
There may not be any need for major modifications/adaptations. We simply do not have that information.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Koffiatama: 2:14pm On Jan 22, 2022
They are talking about the trains, not the line, the installed engine in the trains are high speed engines.

My car was designed and made to go all the way to 260 mph, but I don't have to drive it on the road or speed down the expressway to know that it has the capacity to do 260mph.

The fact that they are high speed trains doesn't mean they are going to be going at high speed from station to station.

So why are they primarily describing it by its speed if that's not the basic talking point
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by aribisala0(m): 2:18pm On Jan 22, 2022
Koffiatama:

They are talking about the trains, not the line, the installed engine in the trains are high speed engines.

My car was designed and made to go all the way to 260 mph, but I don't have to drive it on the road or speed down the expressway to know that it has the capacity to do 260mph.

The fact that they are high speed trains doesn't mean they are going to be going at high speed from station to station.

So why are they primarily describing it by its speed if that's not the basic talking point
There is nothing like that .

High speed trains do not have engines

They use electricity and a technology called a pantograph
Try and ensure that you inform yourself adequately on a topic before making assertions
https://www.nairaland.com/6951227/how-high-speed-electric-trains

They would have to be couple d to a diesel engine locomotive for use in Nigeria and we do not yet have any information about the travel speed for that but it won't be anything like High speed
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Koffiatama: 2:20pm On Jan 22, 2022
Father: I'll soon buy a new bicycle
Son: I'm happy, I'll be driving it
Father: (responding with a slap)... Do you want to spoil it.

This is the picture of Nigerian govt vs niaralanders

1 Like

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by OmegaAutos: 2:32pm On Jan 22, 2022
shevchenko:

Nigeria is finished
Isnt 37 km like a 15 mins drive ?
God i hate this current administration

Its actually 6mins 43secs if operating at max speed, but the train wont be made to run at top speed. Maybe half of the speed. Not bad if u speed 15 mins from Agbado to Oyingbo at a moderate speed.

They should get such train for badagry to oshodi. That will be the sweetest. You can live in a cool estate in badagary while u work in Lekki and still get to work without being late
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:38pm On Jan 22, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
I wander why person go dey complain about this train.

It was built by a Spanish company in the USA, it was built up to standard.

This is a good one from the Lagos State Government, I can't wait for the two trains to get to Lagos.
We all can't wait too. But it didn't mean we should become zombies in the process of waiting.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Kennydoc(m): 2:39pm On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

Toyota Corolla is not a high performance car, but they go all the way to 240, even more than 200 so what are you talking about?

You are not making sense, you people act as if it is by force to criticize or to post on the internet.

They have some of the fastest high speed trains in China, most are intercity, meaning short travels that limits them to only 15kmh between stations.

Dude, I hate labeling people ignorant, but I end up using that word too often because many on this forum are indeed ignorant and that's not an insult, ignorant just mean lack of knowledge.

Bro, you're the ignorant one here. How many times have you taken a ride in a train before?

You said most high speed trains in China are intercity and yet you said they travel at 15km/hr between stations. Are you this ignorant? Do you know what 15km/hr is? Even someone on bicycle can easily go faster than that. Do you know big China is and how far apart cities are in China? Even intracity train service in the UK like in London have much higher speeds.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by jamjo: 2:41pm On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/lifestyle/the-city-of-lagos-now-has-the-fastest-trains-in-africa/x2drf7l

IT is a laudable achievement and nothing can take away that, but the train can not be operated at that speed, because the track was not for the speed and will operate at the normal speed of maybe 150/160.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by aribisala0(m): 2:51pm On Jan 22, 2022
MALIGNANTGuest:

..... Na immediate past Capital Territory.
So calm down ok.
IF they make Aba, Port Harcourt so, it will attract a lot of things too.
Immedate past? over 30 years ago.

What condition did they leave lagos in 1991.

What condition did APC inherit Lagos from the Military

LAGOS STATE WAS NEVER the Capital.

Just Lagos city which is ONE of the Five Divisions of Lagos State

Ikeja was not FCT
Ikorodu was not FCT
Epe was not FCT
Badagry was not FCT

Lagos City was thriving before Nigeria was created

https://www.nairaland.com/4144976/lagos-1898before-nigeria-not-oil/4

Many people on this forum were not born when Lagos city was FCT
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by aribisala0(m): 2:55pm On Jan 22, 2022
OmegaAutos:

Its actually 6mins 43secs if operating at max speed, but the train wont be made to run at top speed. Maybe half of the speed. Not bad if u speed 15 mins from Agbado to Oyingbo at a moderate speed.

They should get such train for badagry to oshodi. That will be the sweetest. You can live in a cool estate in badagary while u work in Lekki and still get to work without being late
The Sweetest would be if you had such trains to Benin Lokoja or Ibadan You could actually live in those places and work in Lagos or vice versa with Journey times of 1 hour or less
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by forgiveness: 2:57pm On Jan 22, 2022
If it’s the same Taglo 8 series train, it’s not 330 km/h but rather 200 km/h. Please, stop spreading false information.

And it’s not electric but Diesel.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Femeto: 2:58pm On Jan 22, 2022
Safety is key.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by wonlasewonimi: 2:59pm On Jan 22, 2022
Koffiatama:

Trains unlike cars are relatively safe as they run on tracks. If they are designed to do 260km/h, they will be pushed to around 240km/h...go and check china's maglev, it was designed to do over 600km/h and it does 602km/h and magnetically levitates.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by swaggerjack: 3:00pm On Jan 22, 2022
SarkinYarki:

You people fall for cheap propaganda too much abeg ...let the the train come first na .. remember this is not the first time we are hearing of trains , under Fashola the trains were even shipped and e never reach till date
LMAO
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by helicoptarr: 3:01pm On Jan 22, 2022
Very strategic timing.

Nice game.

At the end of the day, the masses deserve the leaders they get.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Udstar(m): 3:04pm On Jan 22, 2022
Interesting News
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by forgiveness: 3:05pm On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

https://africa.businessinsider.com/local/lifestyle/the-city-of-lagos-now-has-the-fastest-trains-in-africa/x2drf7l

Please, don’t come here and allow opposition to use this as a campaign against this government.

Taglo 8 series is not 330km/h hence not the fastest train in Africa. Morocco high speed train Al-boraq still holds that record for now.

Taglo 8 series is 200km/h. Many series have been developed afterward and the fastest now is an electric train with 330km/h. Thanks

http://web.talgoamerica.com/images/Amrak/Series_8_Brochure_sized_opt.pdf
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Alba3: 3:10pm On Jan 22, 2022
PrinceOfLagos:
So how much went to Tinubu from this project ?

We know he gets percentage for every projects executed in this Lagos

The greed is just too much

You're so obsessed with Tinubu and Lagos and forget that your mbaise village has no road or any functional humans' support facilities. Better stay there or your lovely Isukwato.

1 Like

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by GodIsBiafran: 3:22pm On Jan 22, 2022
Pontius Pilate is doing well. God bless the Igbo Nation. God bless the Yoruba Nation. God bless Lagos state.

Lagos state belongs to Igbos and Yorubas.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by omokab: 3:28pm On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

Do you go 200 mph when you drive your car, just because your car's speedometer says car has the capacity go all the way to 200mph?

What's really disappointing is you not thinking before posting.
how do you expect him to think when the brain is dull.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by OmegaAutos: 3:44pm On Jan 22, 2022
aribisala0:
The Sweetest would be if you had such trains to Benin Lokoja or Ibadan You could actually live in those places and work in Lagos or vice versa with Journey times of 1 hour or less

Yea, only if our governors are wise and creative
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by jubrilELsudan: 3:49pm On Jan 22, 2022
AS LONG AS WE GO FIT FVCK INSIDE THEN IT'S A GOOD DEVELOPMENT.

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by soojar(m): 3:55pm On Jan 22, 2022
Idiko1:

I will not spend thousands of dollars to purchase a high-performance vehicle when my only daily and functional journey is 20 miles. If I had to hit major highways, without the electronic eyes of cops, at least, more than half of 200mph is obtainable. Be mindful it is not a mere 20 miles stretch.

You guys should try comment in a reasonable manner na. That the rail line now is 37km does not mean that's where it will stop. That's the first phase. So according to your reasoning they should purchase slower trains now and when the rail line gets to say 80km they should abandon this to purchase faster ones? Or they should stick to the slow ones so that people like you will still come again to say Lagos is calling locomotive train?
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Ugandatales: 3:57pm On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

They should abandon the project because election is coming?

You are obviously not wise.

Don't mind the guy.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by nedzuby: 4:02pm On Jan 22, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
Is not, will a Spanish company with a huge reputation agree to partake in such a gimmick with the Lagos State Government?

Let’s just agree it’s an election gimmick, is it not what we want? He has paid for the train meaning he is delivering to his promises.

Na Governor wey give us infrastructure na we go vote for in 2023. Sanwolu carry go we Dey your back.

1 Like

Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by Ugandatales: 4:03pm On Jan 22, 2022
NGpatriot:

Do you go 200 mph when you drive your car, just because your car's speedometer says car has the capacity go all the way to 200mph?

What's really disappointing is you not thinking before posting.

His likes just always looks for something bad to say, that's all...and it affects their ability for logical reasoning.
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by MrGerald(m): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
DubaiLandLord2:
Where do some of you crawl out from? grin

You're extremely dull

What sort of mumu question is this bayi?

Nah wah o

Senseless Gibberish
How many minutes it takes to cover 37km?
Re: The City Of Lagos Now Has The Fastest Trains In Africa - Business Insider by penceman(m): 4:23pm On Jan 22, 2022
First time am clapping for the Governor

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Inside The New Qantas Dreamliners Where The Pilots And Crew Sleep(Photos) / Fatal Accident In Ondo State This Morning (Graphic Pics) / US: Why We Rejected 44.9% Of Nigerian Nonimmigrant B Visa Applications In 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.