Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,974 members, 7,814,317 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 AM

People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. (2657 Views)

My Husband Nearly Beat Me To Death Because I Denied Him Sex - Happiness Omonogor / My Wife Is Angry With Me Because I Bought Underwears For Her Niece / 39-Year-Old Woman Kneels To Serve 19-Year-Old Husband She Just Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Cyntie55(f): 12:58pm On Jan 23, 2022
Good afternoon and Happy Sunday Nairalanders.

Ladies please oo, apart from me, who else Love listening to radio? Seriously my friends and family do tell me I have an old woman traits just because I love listening to radio and I'm still in my 20s undecided. I listen to radio on my phone with my earpiece, and I also have a rechargeable radio set.

My favorite radio stations are Raypower and wazobia fm. I know most of their radio presenters names, I do call, participate and contribute to any discussions. Some of the presenters recognizes my voice, once I'm lucky and they pick my call (their phone lines are always busy) the presenter would be like cynthia is that you? Next thing they will ring a bell to celebrate me (especially wazobia fm)...we'll all laugh and focus on the discussion.

Anytime I'm less busy I'm always on my radio, If we're going to church and my Dad is driving, I must turn on the radio in his car, he will jokingly say you this old woman reduce the volume of the radio, Infact he confirmed that I love listening to radio more than him. My brother don tire me sef, his room is just opposite my room, he's used to the sound of my radio.

If my friends were to describe me to a stranger, listening to radio would be part of their description. There are some news I would first listen to on radio before I come across it here on nairaland, I will just be smiling. I commend nairaland, they're also trying when it comes to news.

Truth be told. it gives me this joy and happiness that I'm contributing to matters arising and Nigerians are listening to me on air wherever they are.

Seriously, who else is like that? And when did listening to radio became an old person traits undecided??

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jan 23, 2022
The day you'll stop listening to what people say about you. That is the day you'll start living a healthy life angry

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Gentle034(m): 1:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
You hardly find any young Nigerian doing this, especially of the female gender.

I've been told so severally too, especially my close pal, he would be like " if na Nigerian news kill you, I go too vex for your soul, old man.

9 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Nukilia: 1:32pm On Jan 23, 2022
You must be intelligent! grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by emmanuelbrown26: 1:47pm On Jan 23, 2022
Nukilia:
You must be intelligent! grin
Exactly what I wanted to say, she must be an intelligent and interesting bab to be with.
Bcs most naija girls no no anything outside their field of study or career but this bab up their can engage u any aspect of life, I like hanging around with such ladies

15 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by faithfull18(f): 1:54pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lol, do you.

1 Like

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Kollins11: 2:14pm On Jan 23, 2022
Na your type we dey find sef.....babe wey fit keep intellectual conversations, no be all these urgent 2k olodo rabata girls wey no Sabi anything. Honestly babe you're doing well.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by RaymondLegacy(m): 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2022
Cyntie55:

Ladies please oo, apart from me, who else Love listening to radio? Seriously my friends and family do tell me I have an old woman traits just because I love listening to radio and I'm still in my 20s undecided. I listen to radio on my phone with my earpiece, and I also have a rechargeable radio set.

My favorite radio stations are Raypower and wazobia fm. I know most of their radio presenters names, I do call, participate and contribute to any discussions. Some of the presenters recognizes my voice, once I'm lucky and they pick my call (their phone lines are always busy) the presenter would be like cynthia is that you? Next thing they will ring a bell to celebrate me (especially wazobia fm)...we'll all laugh and focus on the discussion.

Anytime I'm less busy I'm always on my radio, If we're going to church and my Dad is driving, I must turn on the radio in his car, he will jokingly say you this old woman reduce the volume of the radio, Infact he confirmed that I love listening to radio more than him. My brother don tire me sef, his room is just opposite my room, he's used to the sound of my radio.

If my friends were to describe me to a stranger, listening to radio would be part of their description. There are some news I would first listen to on radio before I come across it here on nairaland, I will just be smiling. I commend nairaland, they're also trying when it comes to news.

Truth be told. it gives me this joy and happiness that I'm contributing to matters arising and Nigerians are listening to me on air wherever they are.

Seriously, who else is like that? And when did listening to radio became an old person traits undecided??

I too myself I am also In my 20s , I love listening to FM Radio but not all the time.. I have a specific Program on Radio I do listen To,I don't call... I am only a silent listener

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Bahamas95(m): 3:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Lol....OP you're not alone.

They call me same name at home, there was a time my sister jokingly called me malam.

7 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Deepocean(m): 5:09pm On Jan 23, 2022
Hello Damsel.

I like the fact that you always seek knowledge and information through your act of listening to radio. I really appreciate that in ladies.

When I was in secondary school, and immediately after my WAEC, I used to listen to news almost every hour of the day.

That made me to be vast in knowledge and currently affairs, I could literally mention all the federal ministers then, with their portfolios.

It's really a good thing, keep it up.

9 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by yuping(m): 5:26pm On Jan 23, 2022
undecided even some people will argue with you that Radio don't exist anymore, talk more of a young lady listening to radio.

7 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Ebonygeek(f): 5:53pm On Jan 23, 2022
Seems you're the type of person who likes to be heard. Ever thought of becoming a radio presenter?

6 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Bola146(f): 6:15pm On Jan 23, 2022
God bless Agidigbo FM Oriyomi Hamzat, Fresh FM Olalomi Amole and Komolafe Olaiya, Opeyemi and Let's talk about it by Yinka Ayefele, etc and Splash FM Kola Ladoke and Tolani Aladelaja, Ode akoni by Akintayo Ode Ilu Ibadan, etc and so on, my second companionship for now is my radio grin cheesy I don't miss any of their programs for anything.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Cyntie55(f): 6:24pm On Jan 23, 2022
Ebonygeek:
Seems you're the type of person who likes to be heard. Ever thought of becoming a radio presenter?
Well, I'm building a career to become a Journalist.

But I love listening to radio, sometimes I do turn to wazobia fm on our Gotv channel 303, and I would be listening to it while I'm sweeping and cleaning the house.

10 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Beremx(f): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2022
I listen to Classic FM which is my favorite station and I participate in their programs both on Facebook and WhatsApp. The station is for people who love oldies.
Your people say you are old because you listen to radio. Me wey early 40s, wetin dem go call me, ancestor?

12 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by tayo60(f): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2022
Na sport news I dey listen to especially in my dialect

1 Like

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Laralag: 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2022
Beremx:
I listen to Classic FM which is my favorite station and I participate in their programs both on Facebook and WhatsApp. The station is for people who love oldies.
Your people say you are old because you listen to radio. Me wey early 40s, wetin dem go call me, ancestor?

I listen to classic FM and 9ja info. I started to in my twenties, inFact I listen to the radio more than I watch tv. And I never old

1 Like

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by KanwuliaExtra: 9:52pm On Jan 23, 2022
Being called an 'old woman' is not a curse. They are entitled to their opinions.
Does it bother you?
You should care less.
Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by JeffreyJunior: 10:59pm On Jan 23, 2022
Maybe you're truly an old woman in the body of a 20yr old girl. grin

But seriously, doing what you do will help you to be more experienced, intelligent and versatile on issues than your peers so the old womanism is not bad after all. grin
Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Sonnobax15(m): 11:02pm On Jan 23, 2022
cheesy
Cynthia, you're indeed a rare gem....Like someone has already said--"Na your type we dey hustle to get as guymen"

You can imagine having a banny who's very smart to the extent to keep a conversation going... Unlike the ones wey I dey jam,once I stop speaking,the mumu self go just fold handa and dey quiet angry

6 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Polynek(m): 4:47am On Jan 24, 2022
Woow am surprised bcox u are a girl, though am a guy but I can bet you dat am addicted to radio more than you,
Reason is bcox U only listen to radio in ur free time, but in my own case, i can't afford to miss early morning sports news by 7am, den 7:30 thesame station (Darling FM- Owerri) will read out news headline for the day.
Then in the evening by 6:pm, thesame station will come again analyze sports from 6 to 7pm Everyday I don't miss it. I also call and comment on there Facebook page.
My favorite station here in Owerri is Darling FM-, Hot fm and Orient FM. Sometimes I saw some news here in NAIRALAND b4 they read it on radio and vice versa. Don't listen to pple oo 4 me am already used to Dem, they call me ANCIENT MAN grin bcox of my love 4 radio
Nice one dear if u are not informed you are deformed.

3 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Brighton1(m): 7:38am On Jan 24, 2022
Because of the nature of my job, I don't have time to watch TV and I Love football so much, so I listen to mostly sport radio 88.9 brila FM. Especially champions league matches, but I don't call.

Knowledge and information is power, Information defines your personality, your memories, your skills.

Tik tok, snap chat, Instagram has made most ladies think listening to radio are for oldies and that's not true. Keep doing what you're doing.

7 Likes

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Richy4(m): 7:38am On Jan 24, 2022
That's just it..... If you now focus on courses like mass communication...
and eventually get hired after the school programme in one of the stations,...going to work will be like getting paid doing what u like...It won't be as if u were working but as if u were having fun...

1 Like

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Daniel7543: 7:54am On Jan 24, 2022
Brighton1:
Tik tok, snap chat, Instagram has made most ladies think listening to radio are for oldies and that's not true.

Bro I swear you nailed it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by stacyadams: 8:37am On Jan 24, 2022
Cyntie55:

M proud of you..most people listen to 98.5
Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by SocialJustice: 9:01am On Jan 24, 2022
Cyntie55:

Stop allowing stupid people influence your life. What you're doing is not illegal, whoever can't live with you like that should leave. I used to be like this too. Stopped many years ago though.

1 Like

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Makaveli217(m): 10:46am On Jan 24, 2022
This thread just made me smile, Infact it's the best thread I've ever read this month.

Hardy will you see any young Teen listening to radio these days, even some adults dislike it, they claim its old fashioned, everybody now want to vibe and copy each other, but can't engage and hold meaningful conversations.

I never go off my radio once I'm in ph, Nigeria info and classic FM are my favorite, anywhere I go, I go with my radio, I've influenced my junior bro and sis, now they even listen to radio more than me.

Reminds me of Don Williams listen to the radio.

Listening to radio will sharpen and reshape your brain, and upgrade your level of thinking. You can even learn more from listening to radio than you can learn in school.
Don't stop no matter what they say or how they criticize you, never tune your radio down for nothing, your kids will learn alot from you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Bekind123: 11:24am On Jan 24, 2022
Wazobia fm 95.1 my best radio station. Everyone around me knows I am a fan of Wazobia. But I don't call

1 Like

Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:20pm On Jan 24, 2022
I love listening to radio more than watching TV. That's the same treatment my siblings have been giving me
Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by wazzub: 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2022
Don't mind those that call you old woman. I recall I used to listen to radio programs religiously on my once popular palito pocket battery powered radio way back in Lagos. I never missed morning newspaper reviews on different radio stations...memories.

I still listen to radio programs till date and one of my favorite is "Brekete family"..
Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by 22o62021: 2:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
Man Around Town on Itv Benin na must oo

Sports fiesta on KU FM both at the same time 8am daily

Vibes Fm later on

But on girl don thief my Earphone so I de miss most of them these days
Re: People Call Me "Old Woman" Because I Love Listening To Radio. by Gosj001: 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2022
Nigeria Info or Lagos Talk?

Nigeria Info and nothing else.

@Op you ain't alone, I get bored with Tv nowadays!

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

She Needs A Companion / Intimacy In Marriage; Will It Always Be Good / Femi Kuti Sues For Divorce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.