Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,439 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court (10157 Views)

Nobody Can Stop Northerners From Contesting Presidency In 2023 - Tony Momoh / We’ve Removed Names Of Underage Voters From Our List – INEC / Presidency: Nobody Can Stop Me From Contesting In 2023 – Okorocha (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by princepee: 12:04pm On Jan 24, 2022
Vg
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by FirstCounsel(m): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Technically, no crime is statute- barred. If you use fake certificates, if electoral law does not catch you, the criminal laws will catch you whether while in office or after office. In my opinion, the NA just wasted their time legislating on it.
Spot on. God bless you

1 Like

Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by Nicepoker(m): 12:45pm On Jan 24, 2022
olabukola:
The president is guilty of it so he may not reject the bill because of this particular one.
He is not contesting again. Nigeria works in the opposite direction grin
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by Lexicon123: 1:12pm On Jan 24, 2022
This is reasonable, considering the avalanche of unnecessary electoral litigation on such matters. We should devote more time and effort to identifying and electing right persons, rather than these irrelevant matters. Left for me, they should have included timelines to ensure such cases are closed before the elections.
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by executive12: 1:46pm On Jan 24, 2022
tutudesz:
Welcome to Nigeria were primary school dropout can claim to be a PhD holder undecided

Eg 'Dr' Andy Uba. No secondary school certificate, no degree certificate.
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by tutudesz: 1:48pm On Jan 24, 2022
executive12:

Eg 'Dr' Andy Uba. No secondary school certificate, no degree certificate.
Nigeria don suffer for politicans hands O!
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by executive12: 1:50pm On Jan 24, 2022
garfield1:

Guilty of what?

Of certificate forgery. He does not have a secondary school certificate, ok.
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by Lehgit(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2022
Primary scHool Dropout = PhD ���
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by garfield1: 3:10pm On Jan 24, 2022
executive12:

Of certificate forgery. He does not have a secondary school certificate, ok.

This matter was taken to court and the court said he has a cert so what is it
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by Yankee101: 3:33pm On Jan 24, 2022
This is disenfranchisement
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by lexy2014: 3:47pm On Jan 24, 2022
fergie001:
Another reason for the President to refuse assent.

Which president are u hoping will refuse assent?
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by lexy2014: 3:49pm On Jan 24, 2022
Lexicon123:
This is reasonable, considering the avalanche of unnecessary electoral litigation on such matters. We should devote more time and effort to identifying and electing right persons, rather than these irrelevant matters. Left for me, they should have included timelines to ensure such cases are closed before the elections.

Is contesting the authenticity of a contestants educational qualifications not devoting more time and effort to identifying and electing right persons?

1 Like

Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by fergie001: 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
lexy2014:

Which president are u hoping will refuse assent?
Haha...how many Presidents do you have?
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by lexy2014: 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
fergie001:

Haha...how many Presidents do you have?

Bros, I gotta ask because it seems u have a rare faith in buhari to expect that he won't assent the bill
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by DMerciful(m): 4:08pm On Jan 24, 2022
Past presidents of Nigeria have everlasting immunity so saying the law would catch up with them after using fake certificates is you being naive
FreeStuffsNG:
Technically, no crime is statute-barred. If you use fake certificates, if electoral law does not catch you, the criminal laws will catch you whether while in office or after office. In my opinion, the NA just wasted their time legislating on it.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by FreeStuffsNG: 4:11pm On Jan 24, 2022
DMerciful:

[s]Past presidents of Nigeria have everlasting immunity so saying the law would catch up with them after using fake certificates is you being naive[/s]
It's obvious you couldn't comprehend my post wink I will not get into your usual negative mindsets.
All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. May God bless Nigeria forever.
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by connkg(m): 4:19pm On Jan 24, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Technically, no crime is statute-barred. If you use fake certificates, if electoral law does not catch you, the criminal laws will catch you whether while in office or after office. In my opinion, the NA just wasted their time legislating on it.
Here's free book on business ideas & money sources directory for you,it's 100% free! https://www.nairaland.com/6666800/looking-business-ideas-money-fund. Cheers.

... but you cannot be tried twice for the same offence. So, question is, who is legally fit to lay the charge?
Anyone should be, in my opinion... even a whistleblower. Why streamline it?

1 Like

Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by fergie001: 4:44pm On Jan 24, 2022
lexy2014:

Bros, I gotta ask because it seems u have a rare faith in buhari to expect that he won't assent the bill
Chai.....I am beginning to even question my faith sef
Re: Bill Bars Voters From Contesting Candidates’ Certificates In Court by DMerciful(m): 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2022
Focus on this argument and stop being sentimental.

You know after becoming president with fake certificates, it's over yet you're trying to deceive by saying the law always catches up with them. Who among the past presidents has the law caught up with?
FreeStuffsNG:

It's obvious you couldn't comprehend my post wink I will not get into your usual negative mindsets.
All the enemies of Nigeria will lose las las. They always lose. May God bless Nigeria forever.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Osun 2022: Lasun Yusuf Joins Labour Party / Do You Know That Out Of Five Adverts Air By CNN Four Is From Nigeria. / Police Intercept Arms Smugglers In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.