Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,787 members, 7,844,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 - Travel (721) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 (1241361 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 5 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1048) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babey543: 9:10am On Jun 13, 2022
duchess90:
Hello

Get dropped to an MPhil or MRes

Just adding to that paragraph

Cheers
Yeah. But you can get dropped entirely especially if you fail first year review.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2022
Hello,

This is spot on

Cheers
nodetest:
Thank for the response. It does not have the coat of arms, but it has the seal of the state. See the picture attached

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by duchess90(f): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2022
@Giselle237

It seems the whole marriage certificate thing has recently started becoming an issue.

I spoke to a Judge about this recently to get her opinion.
Apparently,there are churches that are licensed to conduct marriage and will have a different type of certificate (with the Nigerian coat of arms)

The full circle is that after church wedding with the other unlicensed churches, they are supposed to bring that certificate along with some forms to the registry to get another certificate with details from the unlicensed church certificate.

But she mentioned most people don't go full circle and only do notice of marriage in court, church (unlicensed) and trad.

She mentioned the no of churches alone some are not even verifiable so may even go as far as conducting sham marriages

I had also assumed the additional documents to proof relationship should suffice when applying for visa but it doesn't always seem so

I am uncertain as to why this has now been picked up as being an issue.

My thoughts

Cheers
giselle237:
As long as the marriage is recognised in your home country, it will be recognised by UKVI. Your marriage should be genuine and subsisting. Your certificate is fine as long as it is genuine. The visa office has different prototypes of certificates and never insist on registry cert or any kind of certificate. They just want to be sure the relationship is not a farce. Seal of state is fine.

3 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by giselle237: 9:44am On Jun 13, 2022
duchess90:
@Giselle237
It seems the whole marriage certificate thing has recently started becoming an issue.I spoke to a Judge about this recently to get her opinion.
Apparently,there are churches that are licensed to conduct marriage and will have a different type of certificate (with the Nigerian coat of arms).The full circle is that after church wedding with the other unlicensed churches, they are supposed to bring that certificate along with some forms to the registry to get another certificate with details from the unlicensed church certificate.But she mentioned most people don't go full circle and only do notice of marriage in court, church (unlicensed) and trad.
She mentioned the no of churches alone some are not even verifiable so may even go as far as conducting sham marriages
I had also assumed the additional documents to proof relationship should suffice when applying for visa but it doesn't always seem so.I am uncertain as to why this has now been picked up as being an issue.

Thanks for the update. I dnt think anyone should be worried as long as one can provide proof of marriage. Be it certificate, pictures etc as long as certificate/marriage/relationship/civilpartnership is not fake.
I am also yet to see refusal STRICTLY from bringing church or nikkai certificates… not seen such. if ukvi is unclear they’ll ask for further proofs of subsistence because there are individuals that have been ‘cohabiting’ for as many as 10 years with children in between. They dnt even discriminate. They just always want to make sure it’s not fake/sham. Even with all these, fakes and shams some still scale… story for another day.. So for me anybody jumping up and down is not ready. If you are genuinely married, provide proof not by all these running from pillar to post.

Side note:- Every week you see drones of people in Nigeria going to Ikoyi registry.. sweating… suffering… being ripped offf… you ask why… someone told them that only certificate from Ikoyi is recognised… smh

2 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by ukapplicant: 9:49am On Jun 13, 2022
Hello, I have 5 yrs study gap but have been working with my brother in his business. The business has our surname in it and we share same family Name.

Won't that create problem if I use his letter head because of the business name

Please what documents can I provide to proof study gap.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 9:56am On Jun 13, 2022
babey543:

You think PhD is beans.

People fail PhD and get dropped. He doesn't appear to have a passion for research. Don't treat PhD as a progression from Masters.

Besides, where will he get for 3 years of tuition fees as opposed to 1-year tuition for MSc?

Are you in his pocket or his head
I gave an advice, I didn’t say he must do it.
You could have ignored my response and responded to his own post.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Lontrra: 9:57am On Jun 13, 2022
Please who is going to Keele university and has paid tuition deposit?
I've been trying to get an invoice from them but they're not responding.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 9:58am On Jun 13, 2022
ukapplicant:
Hello, I have 5 yrs study gap but have been working with my brother in his business. The business has our surname in it and we share same family Name.

Won't that create problem if I use his letter head because of the business name

Please what documents can I provide to proof study gap.

Thanks

Someone on this thread got visa with a 5year study gap without submitting any work reference. I believe your study gap is still within the accepted range which is within 5years.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 9:59am On Jun 13, 2022
DaCrypto:

Mehn I dropped pen and everything Engineering in 2015 (M.Eng). I just de pity myself because it won't be easy catching up as a PhD student. A lot will be expected of one.

Oh well, it’s your decision to make.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hallelluyah(m): 10:03am On Jun 13, 2022
hallelluyah:
Hello All,

So I was at Globus bank today and I was told d reason why there has been no progress on my application portal is cos I newly opened d account & CBN has directed all banks to only process Form A for account that has been functional for 6months actively (some people that newly opened account with other banks *MAY* have gotten away with this sha).

I went to a first bank and keystone bank branch close by and was told they won't process Form A for me if I'm just opening d account.

To this end, if your account is newly opened and you have been waiting endlessly for disbursement you *MAY* decide to leave it that way or find alternatives.

I have created a new application with my access Bank account and will wait to see d end of it as I cannot afford black market at this time.

Please is this true
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 10:06am On Jun 13, 2022
Lontrra:
Please who is going to Keele university and has paid tuition deposit?
I've been trying to get an invoice from them but they're not responding.

Mehn this guy's school fees nobi talko
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babey543: 10:08am On Jun 13, 2022
Gloriyah:

Are you in his pocket or his head
I gave an advice, I didn’t say he must do it.
You could have ignored my response and responded to his own post.
Give good advice next time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babey543: 10:12am On Jun 13, 2022
IamMobisola:

Hello.
I studied Computer Science for my Bsc in 2019 and I have interest in going for Msc Cybersecurity, I do not have any work experience or skills on Cybersecurity but I have been reading up on Cybersecurity.
From your course of study in your Msc, do you think I can still apply for the course or do I need to have skills on Cybersecurity?
Since your first degree is computer science. You have no problem.

Experience is only important for those that there first degree is not related to their proposed MSc course.

However, I advise you to go to coursera and udemy to have knowledge about cyber security before going for the course.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 10:13am On Jun 13, 2022
babey543:

Asking someone to opted for PHD is not a bad advice. Go on and have a good day,

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Kimade: 10:16am On Jun 13, 2022
badassProdigy:

one other thing, how quick do they give feedback after applying.

It depends
When I applied I got my offer the next day but as of now they are fully booked for this year unless you’re applying for September next year sha
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 10:19am On Jun 13, 2022
IamMobisola:

Hello.
I studied Computer Science for my Bsc in 2019 and I have interest in going for Msc Cybersecurity, I do not have any work experience or skills on Cybersecurity but I have been reading up on Cybersecurity.
From your course of study in your Msc, do you think I can still apply for the course or do I need to have skills on Cybersecurity?

You can apply for cybersecurity. Someone got an offer in cybersecurity with computer science as his first degree, so you’re good to go.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by abuede1: 10:21am On Jun 13, 2022
This is serious o. Did Globus Bank open today?
This form A wahala is something else now o.

Haba.

I have an account with Access Bank, Stanbic, GT and UBA.

Please which among them is faster?

Thank you.

hallelluyah:
Hello All,

So I was at Globus bank today and I was told d reason why there has been no progress on my application portal is cos I newly opened d account & CBN has directed all banks to only process Form A for account that has been functional for 6months actively (some people that newly opened account with other banks *MAY* have gotten away with this sha).

I went to a first bank and keystone bank branch close by and was told they won't process Form A for me if I'm just opening d account.

To this end, if your account is newly opened and you have been waiting endlessly for disbursement you *MAY* decide to leave it that way or find alternatives.

I have created a new application with my access Bank account and will wait to see d end of it as I cannot afford black market at this time.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Ugmama(m): 10:30am On Jun 13, 2022
babey543:

This is an open community, no one knows it all. Nairaland has experienced, rich and magnimous people you can ever imagine.

Let's try to correct people leniently.
No be fight or war.
Peace!

9 Likes

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Amyblaq(f): 10:31am On Jun 13, 2022
duchess90:
Helloz

1. No you don't need to upload the letter

2. No, there's nothing like something too many documents as long as it all aligns.

Cheers

Thank you so much duchess� Please any ideas on what I should fill in the more details part of the vusa application.( with respect to the refusal)
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by IamMobisola(f): 10:41am On Jun 13, 2022
Gloriyah:

You can apply for cybersecurity. Someone got an offer in cybersecurity with computer science as his first degree, so you’re good to go.
Yeah, I meant if the coursework on the nasters level can be taken by someone with no skills or work experience in Cybersecurity
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by femredhead: 10:41am On Jun 13, 2022
Temayo:
Please house, is marriage certificate issued by church valid for visa application?

Yes
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by babey543: 10:47am On Jun 13, 2022
IamMobisola:

Yeah, I meant if the coursework on the Masters level can be taken by someone with no skills or work experience in Cybersecurity

Why are you scared? Even people with no computer science background have smashed and destroyed cybersecurity.

Go to Udemy and Coursera to have a broad knowledge of the course and understand it first if you are scared.

You can also do data science or data analytics so you can choose what you are most competent. Do your findings yourself and have the knowledge.

No one can decide for you.

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hustla(m): 10:50am On Jun 13, 2022
DaCrypto:

Thanks for this great feedback.

Please can we talk directly? Let me email you or WhatsApp..

Thanks once again

Yes boss

You can send a pm
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hustla(m): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2022
IamMobisola:

Hello.

Absolutely

If someone who's from a mass Comm background can do it, you can do it 2000%

You no get problem Comrade, ride on

grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by hustla(m): 10:51am On Jun 13, 2022
babey543:

Why are you scared? Even people with no computer science background have smashed and destroyed cybersecurity.

Go to Udemy and Coursera to have a broad knowledge of the course and understand it first if you are scared.

You can also do data science or data analytics so you can choose what you are most competent. Do your findings yourself and have the knowledge.

Imposter syndrome maybe

Affects even seasoned professionals

grin
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Sakol4life: 10:54am On Jun 13, 2022
Hello gurus in the house i have a question. I already applied for one of the uk universities for jan intake.

The issue now is that, in my cv i fill in my NYSC program which started November 3rd 2019 but my service was non appearance as i did not go to my PPA till i finish because i already had a job in that same november 2019 which i use as my professional reference in my cv submitted to the school

The question now is that would this affect my application for having my NYSC and professional work the same year

Whats are my chances of gaining an offer?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by IamMobisola(f): 10:57am On Jun 13, 2022
hustla:

Absolutely

If someone who's from a mass Comm background can do it, you can do it 2000%

You no get problem Comrade, ride on

grin

Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by IamMobisola(f): 10:58am On Jun 13, 2022
babey543:

Sure thank you
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by BarrONLS: 11:03am On Jun 13, 2022
Gbee19:
That's not true oooo
Once it's waec they accept

Ok then. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by bigtt76(f): 11:25am On Jun 13, 2022
Na you beat drum, sing and dance ..yet you de come ask if na true cheesy

hallelluyah:

Please is this true
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 7 by Gloriyah(f): 11:26am On Jun 13, 2022
IamMobisola:

Yeah, I meant if the coursework on the nasters level can be taken by someone with no skills or work experience in Cybersecurity

You have to go through the modules to find out.
Mayb you should try taking short courses on coursera or udemy to have an idea.

(1) (2) (3) ... (718) (719) (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) ... (1048)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General Australian Student Visa Enquiries Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.